Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. (5993 Views)

Evolution For Simpletons / Evolution For Creationists / Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 6:14am On Dec 18, 2014
Dapo777:

By the way all you just did was to show that things that are logically impossible aren't possible.

What you failed to admit is that no where in the Bible is it stated that GOD is controlled by logic. No where is it stated in the Bible that GOD follows the rules of logic, That's where dishonesty comes in,because it becomes imperative that they are adding to the Bible and making claims for GOD that isn't in the Bible.

You are all the same ,you and those who made the video you add things to already laid down foundations of Christianity to remain relevant to the society.

Absolute trash!

We're not being dishonest in anyway, most atheist mis-understand omnipotence, in order to clear it up we have to make you see your error.
I suggest you read about the "Omnipotence Paradox" here: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnipotence_paradox
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 18, 2014
IanDiamonds:

No, that was not what they said. This statement once again proves that you did not read the entire article. I understand that no one wants to lose an argument, but that does not in anyway mean we can't learn from each other. Let's try to be at least liberal with one another. The site talks about the genealogy in matthew being for Joseph and that of Luke being for Mary. That's just a shot at it, I imploe you once again to please read the article. We can't learn if we continue to condescend

So why would the holy spirit lead matthew to write that of joseph and lead Luke to write that of Mary genealogy. Why? That's my question.
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 18, 2014
IanDiamonds:

We're not being dishonest in anyway, most atheist mis-understand omnipotence, in order to clear it up we have to make you see your error.
I suggest you read about the "Omnipotence Paradox" here: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnipotence_paradox

You still don't get it. Open your Bible and show me where GOD acknowledged logical paradox, show me where GOD claims to obey logic. That's why you are dishonest.

If you can't show me the Bible verse where it is suggested that GOD follows the rules of logic then you are dishonest, you and the video makers are dishonest if you can't point it out in the Bible.
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 18, 2014
IanDiamonds:

Dapo I did digress a bit to clear up the "Is God good" issue, and no I'm not trying to deviate from the main argument. We have mutliple issues Interconnected to the question in a web like manner and Nairaland is a public forum, anyone who might be searching for answers just stumble upon this thread and get what they are looking for.

In as much you're trying (with all effort) to prove contradictions exist in the bible, I'm clearing up those misconceptions. The link I gave to you answered the question.
I'd say you've shot yourself in the leg once again. The bolded shows you've once again violated the context of belief, put in summary; the genealogy Matthew recorded was that of Joseph while that Luke recorded was of Mary. You mother and father didn't have the same genealogy did they? Same way it had to be specified here.
The context of belief here is that Matthew recorded the genealogy of Joseph (the surrogate father of Jesus) and Luke recorded the genealogy of Mary (the mother of Jesus). You violated that belief and hence you've created a contradiction.
The rebuttals above we're taken from the same webpage you claim didn't answer your quesion, If you have further questions go read the page and paste the questions (relating to this only, please try not to deviate) here, but do make sure you've read first the page please.

So the same holy spirit made Luke to write that of Mary and Matthew to write that of Joseph, is the holy spirit not consistent? Why can't both write the same genealogy? To create harmony?

That's by the way,what about the fleeing of Jesus Joseph and Mary to Egypt, and another book said they didn't flee,that they stayed in the temple, is that the same holy spirit creating confusion on purpose?

You don't see any contradiction do you? cheesy
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 18, 2014
Mr Iandiamonds I have found another one for you cheesy

Jehu. Did he Please or displease GOD?

In Hosea 1:4 Jehu displeased GOD and was punished by GOD that GOD put an end to the kingdom of Israel

In 2 kings 10:30 the same Jehu pleased GOD and was blessed to his fourth generations to sit on the throne of Israel.

Tell me that is also a misconception. Hahaha grin cheesy

Trying to cover up the contradictions of the Bible is like trying to cover up pregnancy. It's not possible man no matter how hard you try.

If the Bible is the truth, there should be no contradictions, I can't in my right senses accept a book So blatantly contradictory, and still go ahead to take it as the words of the Creator of the universe. Am I insane?
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
Iandiamonds. How old is the earth?
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 6:07pm On Dec 18, 2014
Dapo777:

So why would the holy spirit lead matthew to write that of joseph and lead Luke to write that of Mary genealogy. Why? That's my question.

Dapo this question of your's ain't making sense now. Read it yourself. It violates all the nook and crannies of reasoning. That's like asking why the male and female children of a father attend different schools.
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 6:13pm On Dec 18, 2014
Dapo777:

You still don't get it. Open your Bible and show me where GOD acknowledged logical paradox, show me where GOD claims to obey logic. That's why you are dishonest.

If you can't show me the Bible verse where it is suggested that GOD follows the rules of logic then you are dishonest, you and the video makers are dishonest if you can't point it out in the Bible.

Had you read the Wikipedia link I gave to you from Top to Bottom, you would not have asked this question.
One good thing about an argument is that once your opponent proposes a theory and gives you sources to research, make sure you do well to do so. An argument is not just stating out facts and proving your opponent wrong, it indoctrinates us with things we we're once ignorant of.
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 6:36pm On Dec 18, 2014
Dapo777:

So the same holy spirit made Luke to write that of Mary and Matthew to write that of Joseph, is the holy spirit not consistent? Why can't both write the same genealogy? To create harmony?
Dapo why are you trying to evade the truth here? We call this "Reductio Ad Absurdum" how does revealing the genealogy of the Mother and Father of Jesus prove inconsistency? You're merely introducing an alien concept into the issue.
@bolded, are you suggesting for the Holy Spirit now, the fact that Matt and Luke wrote different genealogy did not in anyway create a dissonance, you're merely assuming that.

That's by the way,what about the fleeing of Jesus Joseph and Mary to Egypt, and another book said they didn't flee,that they stayed in the temple, is that the same holy spirit creating confusion on purpose?

You don't see any contradiction do you? cheesy
Before I answer this, I take it we're clear on the genealogy of Christ issue that there was no contradiction, I would not want to leave a question unanswered.
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 6:39pm On Dec 18, 2014
Dapo777:
Mr Iandiamonds I have found another one for you cheesy

Jehu. Did he Please or displease GOD?

In Hosea 1:4 Jehu displeased GOD and was punished by GOD that GOD put an end to the kingdom of Israel

In 2 kings 10:30 the same Jehu pleased GOD and was blessed to his fourth generations to sit on the throne of Israel.

Tell me that is also a misconception. Hahaha grin cheesy

Trying to cover up the contradictions of the Bible is like trying to cover up pregnancy. It's not possible man no matter how hard you try.

If the Bible is the truth, there should be no contradictions, I can't in my right senses accept a book So blatantly contradictory, and still go ahead to take it as the words of the Creator of the universe. Am I insane?

Dapo one at a time please, we would not want to create a noise here. Though this debate is sensitive to say the least; I for one would not want to mix up words answering multiple questions.
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 6:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
Dapo777:
Iandiamonds. How old is the earth?

Just as I've said, once question at a time.
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 18, 2014
IanDiamonds:

Dapo this question of your's ain't making sense now. Read it yourself. It violates all the nook and crannies of reasoning. That's like asking why the male and female children of a father attend different schools.

Hahaha what kind of unrelated and silly analogy

Do you know why it doesn't make sense to you?

Because it completely destroys your argument. I don't expect you to answer that question because doing So would expose the faults in the Bible. Which you don't wanna do.

If the question violates reasoning you would easily point out how it violates reasoning Which you comfortably didn't do,because the only reason is because it exposes the Bible fault.

What is the Bible fault I am talking about? I will say it, unlike you.

The fault in this part of the Bible is that, the holy spirit is the one that is claimed to be telling scribes what to write,the scribes are not meant to be writing according to their own whim,they should be listening to what the spirit is telling them,now how come we have two different genealogy, one of the father, the other of the mother, why would the holy spirit at a point be bothered about the father's genealogy and at another time,change its mind and focus on the mother's genealogy, the holy spirit should know Which of the two genealogies is more important and include the same genealogy in all the books,or better still just take note of the genealogy once in one of the book,why write genealogy of the father in one book(without saying So) and write the genealogy of the mother (without also stating that) in another book.

The fact is that, those who claim one genealogy was for Mary and the other is for Joseph are only making conjectures, they have no backing for this claim,they are simply taking the position of the writer. One can only imagine if they were the writer themselves to be So sure about whose genealogy they were talking about in each case.

wink
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
IanDiamonds:

Dapo why are you trying to evade the truth here? We call this "Reductio Ad Absurdum" how does revealing the genealogy of the Mother and Father of Jesus prove inconsistency? You're merely introducing an alien concept into the issue.
@bolded, are you suggesting for the Holy Spirit now, the fact that Matt and Luke wrote different genealogy did not in anyway create a dissonance, you're merely assuming that.

Before I answer this, I take it we're clear on the genealogy of Christ issue that there was no contradiction, I would not want to leave a question unanswered.

Reductio ad absurdum is not a fallacy and it's very effective in making silly people see how ridiculous their claims are.

Have you asked yourself why would the holy spirit reveal different or Let's say order Matthew and luke to write different genealogies? Have you Sincerely asked yourself why the holy spirit would do that?

Give me a very good reason why both genealogies should be written in two different books without even stating Which is which

Then you would realise how ridiculous it is to just accept that it's necessary to include both genealogies.

The fact that both scribes can't agree with whose genealogy to write completely destroys the coherency of the Bible, I know That's hard for you to swallow, it was for me too at first.

If it's the same holy spirit that is telling them what to write,I see no reason why the spirit would tell them different genealogies to write. That is my point and I still stand by it.
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 18, 2014
IanDiamonds:

Had you read the Wikipedia link I gave to you from Top to Bottom, you would not have asked this question.
One good thing about an argument is that once your opponent proposes a theory and gives you sources to research, make sure you do well to do so. An argument is not just stating out facts and proving your opponent wrong, it indoctrinates us with things we we're once ignorant of.

I have read it,they are still saying GOD cannot do what is logically impossible, the only verse that they use to support this claim is Hebrews 6:18 GOD cannot lie Which has nothing to do with GOD cannot do what logically impossible, the people who wrote the Bible don't respect logic that is why it's possible for GOD to know the future of someone, that is why it is possible for GOD to create the universe in six days.

You are the one who needs to read the article,this is what I find wrong in the article:

God obeys the laws of logic because God is eternally logical in the same way that God does not perform evil actions because God is eternally good.

The bolded statement above shows why I call most Christians dishonest, they tell lies to support their fallacies. In Isaiah 45:7 GOD is said to claim to be the creator of both good and evil. There are other similar verses too like Amos 3:6 shows clearly that GOD causes evil things to happen Which means that the person that made that claim in the bolded statement above is a blatant liar that shouldn't be taken Seriously.

That is why I hate arguing with some Christians, they are not honest,they lie to support their fallacy,they say your questions are not logical if it destroys the foundation of their faith.

The truth is bitter. You should think twice why the truth is said to be bitter and why you can't accept the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can A Church Change One's Character? / (photo)goliath Skeleton Found By Archeologist / Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.