Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. (5996 Views)

Evolution For Simpletons / Evolution For Creationists / Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by wiegraf: 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
IanDiamonds:

While you we're so quick to show how silly/slow you are you even stutter while you type..
Your post reminds me of this phrase "When you're out of words to say, start insultin' your opponent"
Reminds me of a certain lovely picture, dont know if I can find it, but I'll be sure to paste it when I do

I haven't insulted you yet but ok
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 3:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
wiegraf:

I haven't insulted you yet but ok

Oh! Really

wiegraf:

being xtian and being foolish do not necessarily go side by side indeed, cpt obvious, but you're clearly in over your head and in the foolish xtian category . I really can't be bothered with stating the obvious so............

kudos

If the bolded is not an insult, I wonder what is.
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by wiegraf: 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
IanDiamonds:

Oh! Really

If the bolded is not an insult, I wonder what is.

mayhaps it's a fact sire?
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
IanDiamonds:

I recommend you google Falling Plates and watch the video on youtube, the contents of that short clip would read a lot of meaning to yo if truly you open your heart.
If you say I have not noticed any of what you call "Contradiction" then I am a big liar, it is easy to "create contradictions" when there are none by violating the context of the passage(s) in question. Another approach is violating the context of belief. The Christian understanding is a synthesis of many beliefs, and Biblical teachings which are often interpreted through this background belief which has been synthesized. Such a synthesis may include other facts, not directly related to the contradiction in question, but nevertheless, relevant, so when you a contradiction, you ought to do so within the context of this background belief. By failing to do this, you're merely imposing an alien concepts into the text as if they belong. An example is the popular Riddle of a Man and his Son rushed to an hospital after they we're involved in an accident. The father dies at the scene and the son is rushed to the hospital. At the hospital the surgeon looks at the boy and says "I can't operate on this boy, he is my son" .... How can this be?? Without the background belief that procreation involves a man and a woman, a contradiction would be born/introduced. Another example is if I say this is my son, the more general though is that I married and my wife gave birth to a boy. If years later I say he is not my son. You'd stop to ponder, since I said he's my son some years ago; but what if he (the son) was adopted?
I would not bore you any further with long text, I'd just say that you could find the answer to the contradictions the same way you found the contradictions. There are tons of sites that debunk this contradiction, but if the mindset to take this corrections is not present in you; there's little anyone can do

If you know the answers to the contradictions, can you tell me how many generations are there from David to Jesus. What context is there to the amount of generations from David to Jesus? Or something as simple as the father of Joseph. Or whether the devil took Jesus to the pinnacle then to the mountain or the other way round. What context are you talking about with details as simple as this.

If I tell you that my grandfather is an igbo man,and my brother tells you that my grandfather is an Hausa man, would you say there is no inconsistency that you are simply looking at the different accounts out of context?

Haha Please don't make me laugh. If the Bible can't be consistent with small petty details,how would you trust the Bible as your guide when it is not even consistent with small details.
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 3:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
wiegraf:

mayhaps it's a fact sire?

Still boils down to the point I stated earlier.
When You're out of words "Start Insulting the Opponent".
It's funny how you started the argument all bold and cogent, then you end it vacuously. Funny how people change
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 3:47pm On Dec 17, 2014
Dapo777:

If you know the answers to the contradictions, can you tell me how many generations are there from David to Jesus. What context is there to the amount of generations from David to Jesus? Or something as simple as the father of Joseph. Or whether the devil took Jesus to the pinnacle then to the mountain or the other way round. What context are you talking about with details as simple as this.
You probably did not read my previous post directed at you or you skipped the past where I said "The same way you found the suppossed "contradiction" could be used to find the answer to the "suppossed" contradictions". Google is your friend, but the Bible is your Manual, use your brain. One funny fact is you didn't/never found those suppossed "contradictions" on your own.

If I tell you that my grandfather is an igbo man,and my brother tells you that my grandfather is an Hausa man, would you say there is no inconsistency that you are simply looking at the different accounts out of context?
Nope the answer to this is very easy if you use your head you'll see it.
Grandma commits adultery (has sex with hausa man) the sex brings forth a child (the Father), Grandma knows Hausa man is the owner of the child but lies to Igbo man to cover her shame. Igbo Grandfather raise Father and Father gives birth to you and brother. Truth of the adultery breaks out while Grandma is on the death bed (last confession hour), everybody decides to keep it a secret (Note your brother was there while Grandma was confessing, you we're probably in school). Brother does not keep the secret while you in school still believes Igbo Man is your Grandfather.
What I'm saying in essence is without the knowledge of the adultery that took place, a contradiction would have been created.

*This is not to offend you in anyway, just to show you how contradictions arise*

Haha Please don't make me laugh. If the Bible can't be consistent with small petty details,how would you trust the Bible as your guide when it is not even consistent with small details.
The bible is infallible, those contradictions are rather called misconceptions
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 17, 2014
IanDiamonds:

You probably did not read my previous post directed at you or you skipped the past where I said "The same way you found the suppossed "contradiction" could be used to find the answer to the "suppossed" contradictions". Google is your friend, but the Bible is your Manual, use your brain. One funny fact is you didn't/never found those suppossed "contradictions" on your own.

Nope the answer to this is very easy if you use your head you'll see it.
Grandma commits adultery (has sex with hausa man) the sex brings forth a child (the Father), Grandma knows Hausa man is the owner of the child but lies to Igbo man to cover her shame. Igbo Grandfather raise Father and Father gives birth to you and brother. Truth of the adultery breaks out while Grandma is on the death bed (last confession hour), everybody decides to keep it a secret (Note your brother was there while Grandma was confessing, you we're probably in school). Brother does not keep the secret while you in school still believes Igbo Man is your Grandfather.
What I'm saying in essence is without the knowledge of the adultery that took place, a contradiction would have been created.

*This is not to offend you in anyway, just to show you how contradictions arise*

The bible is infallible, those contradictions are rather called misconceptions

Do you know the problem with your argument. The problem is that,those who wrote the Bible are said to be inspired by the holy spirit, that means the holy spirit told them what to write.

So the holy spirit cannot tell them(the scribes) the true consistent story?

Your argument is that things could happen along the way to create contradictions but that is not the case with the Bible,because those who wrote the Bible are said to be eye witness and inspired by the holy spirit, can you explain how contradictions comes up when it's the same holy spirit that inspired all the writers?
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by wiegraf: 3:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
IanDiamonds:

Still boils down to the point I stated earlier.
When You're out of words "Start Insulting the Opponent".
It's funny how you started the argument all bold and cogent, then you end it vacuously. Funny how people change

already told you not an insult. to be clear, it's a fact.
takes far too much to get through to you, see?

kudos
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 17, 2014
By the way saying I didn't discover those contradictions myself is pointless. Does that make them less contradictory, whosoever discovered them,it doesn't change the fact that they are contradictions, and why someone who accept contradictions that were written by the So called spirit inspired writers,as if the holy spirit isn't sure of the stories it is telling all of them,so the holy spirit told all of them different stories.

Iandiamonds says the Bible is infallible because the Bible says So. Can you see the fault in that circular reasoning. If the Bible is infallible,explain why the holy spirit told two writers different stories about the father of Joseph. Different stories about the temptation of Jesus, different stories about the announcement of the birth of Jesus. Or is the holy spirit not sure of what happened?

Hahahaha cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
Iandiamonds I just watched the video and it addresses nothing pertaining to our discussion here. It only appeal to your emotions and you fell flat for it as a very emotional person that you are(emotions are very deceitful ) that person that created the video must be a psychologist and he used argumentum ad passiones on you. To know more about the appeal to emotions read this article, it's the last resort Christians use to persuade unbelievers because humans are naturally emotional and That's the loophole that take advantage of to win you over and it's Seriously working on you. undecided
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_emotion

1 Like

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 5:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
Dapo777:

Do you know the problem with your argument. The problem is that,those who wrote the Bible are said to be inspired by the holy spirit, that means the holy spirit told them what to write.

So the holy spirit cannot tell them(the scribes) the true consistent story?
This is actually a "red herring" I'll answer nevertheless.
If you look at it from an equitable perspective it's you who has failed to see the true meaning in the word of God as there are no inconsistencies in the infalliable word of God. 2 Corinthians 4:4 says "In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God." (ESV).
It's just as I've stated before, the suppossed contradictions are born out your person taking things out of context. As it is very easy to "create contradictions" when there are none by violating the context of the Bible text/passage(s) in question.
For example I was checking out a forum to see if the specs of my PC would allow it run some games, someone with the same problem (Let's call him AI) posted the specs of his PC (Cutting edge specs would be underrating the PC). then someone (Let's call him Reed) replied him saying "Bad Specs". AI took the reply of Reed out of context not spotting the irony in his words that "Bad" in this context meant out of this world.

Your argument is that things could happen along the way to create contradictions but that is not the case with the Bible,because those who wrote the Bible are said to be eye witness and inspired by the holy spirit, can you explain how contradictions comes up when it's the same holy spirit that inspired all the writers?
No that is not my argument, you'd have to read my previous statement again, this time slowly understanding each line perfectly so you'd be able to decipher my message. If you need me break it down for you, just ask
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 5:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
wiegraf:

already told you not an insult. to be clear, it's a fact.
takes far too much to get through to you, see?

kudos

k
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 6:01pm On Dec 17, 2014
Dapo777:
By the way saying I didn't discover those contradictions myself is pointless. Does that make them less contradictory, whosoever discovered them,it doesn't change the fact that they are contradictions, and why someone who accept contradictions that were written by the So called spirit inspired writers,as if the holy spirit isn't sure of the stories it is telling all of them,so the holy spirit told all of them different stories.
The problem that arise is you automatically absorb the idea behind the contradiction, and you accept all facts the main critic has posed. How do you know an alien concepts was not introduced into the Bible text you tag as "Contradictions". Also you're automatically ignoring the context of belief which makes your claim questionable? How do you know the critic who created the contradiction fully understood the passage before coming up with such. Most critics I've noticed tend to think the bible is exhaustive in all details. What if the critic has built his idea on a faulty assumption and creates contradiction where none exists? What if the critic is a deist? Wouldn't you have absorbed the fact that a Diety exist?

Iandiamonds says the Bible is infallible because the Bible says So. Can you see the fault in that circular reasoning. If the Bible is infallible,explain why the holy spirit told two writers different stories about the father of Joseph. Different stories about the temptation of Jesus, different stories about the announcement of the birth of Jesus. Or is the holy spirit not sure of what happened?

Hahahaha cheesy
I didn't say the bible is Infalliable because the Bible says so. You're tryin' to drive a locution here, but I'll turn this around and use this to my advantage.
Now let's use this scenario you've created to take things out of context
I said the bible is Infalliable
You said I said "The bible is Infalliable because the bible says so"
Note the extended script between your statement and my statement.
What creates the contradiction here is that you added the words "because the bible says so"
See now we have a contradiction
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 17, 2014
IanDiamonds:

This is actually a "red herring" I'll answer nevertheless.
If you look at it from an equitable perspective it's you who has failed to see the true meaning in the word of God as there are no inconsistencies in the infalliable word of God. 2 Corinthians 4:4 says "In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God." (ESV).
It's just as I've stated before, the suppossed contradictions are born out your person taking things out of context. As it is very easy to "create contradictions" when there are none by violating the context of the Bible text/passage(s) in question.
For example I was checking out a forum to see if the specs of my PC would allow it run some games, someone with the same problem (Let's call him AI) posted the specs of his PC (Cutting edge specs would be underrating the PC). then someone (Let's call him Reed) replied him saying "Bad Specs". AI took the reply of Reed out of context not spotting the irony in his words that "Bad" in this context meant out of this world.

No that is not my argument, you'd have to read my previous statement again, this time slowly understanding each line perfectly so you'd be able to decipher my message. If you need me break it down for you, just ask

You still avnt attacked the points I raised. You simply evaded my question by quoting 2 chorinthians 4:4 ,how does that answer my question? undecided

You have drifted away from your initial point after I debunked it. You initially gave me an example about how circumstances like a grandma sleeping with another man and confessing at the point of death ,could cause contradictions to arise. Now you are changing your point to mean someone can say something and mean another thing.

You have failed to answer my question.

Let me repeat my question in another form.

If it's the same holy spirit that is inspiring the scribes to write the books of the Bible,why should there be contradictions in the Bible.

You are also suggesting that those contradictions are misconceptions .

So 28 generations and 43 generations between David and Jesus is a misconceptions?

Can you explain how the holy spirit could have told two scribes different things,if contradictions are easy to create like you said,shouldnt the holy spirit be above contradiction. That's just one of the contradictions ooo,we haven't even touched the over 300 remaining.

My point is this,I am not denying that contradictions could arise anywhere. My point is how would contradictions arise when it's the same holy spirit that is supposedly guiding what they are all writing. We should expect coherence in the Bible since its writers are guided by the same holy spirit.

And I wonder how a normal thinking person wont see contradiction in 28 and 43 generations.

"It's a misconception" The 28 and 43 generations are not to be interpreted the normal way shey. Maybe when the person was writing he wanted to write 43 but made a mistake to write 28? Or maybe the holy spirit told him something but he heard something else. Right?
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 6:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
Dapo777:
Iandiamonds I just watched the video and it addresses nothing pertaining to our discussion here. It only appeal to your emotions and you fell flat for it as a very emotional person that you are(emotions are very deceitful ) that person that created the video must be a psychologist and he used argumentum ad passiones on you. To know more about the appeal to emotions read this article, it's the last resort Christians use to persuade unbelievers because humans are naturally emotional and That's the loophole that take advantage of to win you over and it's Seriously working on you. undecided
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_emotion

I remember stating what's below

I recommend you google Falling Plates and watch the video on youtube, the contents of that short clip would read a lot of meaning to yo if truly you open your heart.
Might I ask if you've watched the Movie "Inception"?

I was a theist before I watched the video. I just thought it be good to recommend you watch it.
Might I know if you previously were a Theist? And what religion did you pose?
The video told you to continue the story innit? That means you'll have to visit the falling plates website, tell me what you think. Fill out the form selecting right choices (do it with honesty)
www.fallingplates.com/
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
IanDiamonds:

I remember stating what's below

Might I ask if you've watched the Movie "Inception"?

I was a theist before I watched the video. I just thought it be good to recommend you watch it.
Might I know if you previously were a Theist? And what religion did you pose?
The video told you to continue the story innit? That means you'll have to visit the falling plates website, tell me what you think. Fill out the form selecting right choices (do it with honesty)
www.fallingplates.com/

That video "is GOD good " would only make sense to those who don't know GOD is omniscient.

By the way,why did they say GOD can only do what is logically possible? No where is that statement in the Bible. They just accepted the idea that GOD can't do what is logically impossible to support their argument ,a typical Christian would never resort to logic, what the Bible says is that GOD is omnipotent and also omniscient without any logical exception. They are adding and it shows they arnt honest with the Bible.

The Christian uses freewill as an explanation for evil,but it doesn't make sense because GOD is omniscient and he should have seen the outcome of freewill but He still went ahead to give freewill,Which implies that all that is happening GOD wants it to happen because he knew before hand that it would surely happen and didn't stop it as we are seeing around us now.

By the way I was a Christian before.

Any question?

1 Like

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 6:57pm On Dec 17, 2014
Dapo777:

You still avnt attacked the points I raised. You simply evaded my question by quoting 2 chorinthians 4:4 ,how does that answer my question? undecided
I stated clearly that the question was a straw man and I took the intellectual approach to make you understand certain facts. The facts that 1. The critics that posed such contradictions exist took things out of context. 2. They read the bible clearly but didn't read to understand, rather to find discrepancies.

You have drifted away from your initial point after I debunked it. You initially gave me an example about how circumstances like a grandma sleeping with another man and confessing at the point of death ,could cause contradictions to arise. Now you are changing your point to mean someone can say something and mean another thing.
You did not debunk anything here, if you had you'd be throwing it at my face; Something atheists are used to. @bolded is to show you how people take things out of context.

You have failed to answer my question.
You failed to understand my answer?

Let me repeat my question in another form.

If it's the same holy spirit that is inspiring the scribes to write the books of the Bible,why should there be contradictions in the Bible.
There are no contradictions in the bible, or put simply there's no proof that contradictions exist in the bible. All are misinterpretations or should I say bible text whoose meaning have been taken out of context.

You are also suggesting that those contradictions are misconceptions .

So 28 generations and 43 generations between David and Jesus is a misconceptions?

Can you explain how the holy spirit could have told two scribes different things,if contradictions are easy to create like you said,shouldnt the holy spirit be above contradiction. That's just one of the contradictions ooo,we haven't even touched the over 300 remaining.

My point is this,I am not denying that contradictions could arise anywhere. My point is how would contradictions arise when it's the same holy spirit that is supposedly guiding what they are all writing. We should expect coherence in the Bible since its writers are guided by the same holy spirit.

And I wonder how a normal thinking person wont see contradiction in 28 and 43 generations.

"It's a misconception" The 28 and 43 generations are not to be interpreted the normal way shey. Maybe when the person was writing he wanted to write 43 but made a mistake to write 28? Or maybe the holy spirit told him something but he heard something else. Right?
cheesy

It would be quite annoying if I try to reason with you and you dont wish to reason with me, the suppossed contradictions and more have been answered and I told you; the same way you searched the net to reel out the suppossed contradictions could have been used to get the answers.
The answer to the one you're fulminating about has been answered here: www.douknow.net/ath_nt_contradictions__part1.htm
I really cant spoon feed you putting that huge rebuttal here. Go school yourself Dapo
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 7:16pm On Dec 17, 2014
Dapo777:

That video "is GOD good " would only make sense to those who don't know GOD is omniscient.

By the way,why did they say GOD can only do what is logically possible? No where is that statement in the Bible. They just accepted the idea that GOD can't do what is logically impossible to support their argument ,a typical Christian would never resort to logic, what the Bible says is that GOD is omnipotent and also omniscient without any logical exception. They are adding and it shows they arnt honest with the Bible.
Where did thaey say the bolded in the video or on their webpage, I can't find where they said such in both. Just looked, please do tell me where you saw the bolded.

The Christian uses freewill as an explanation for evil,but it doesn't make sense because GOD is omniscient and he should have seen the outcome of freewill but He still went ahead to give freewill,Which implies that all that is happening GOD wants it to happen because he knew before hand that it would surely happen and didn't stop it as we are seeing around us now.
Straw Man spotted

By the way I was a Christian before.

Any question?
Yes, what turned you away from your faith? Specific detail if you could please.
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
IanDiamonds:

I stated clearly that the question was a straw man and I took the intellectual approach to make you understand certain facts. The facts that 1. The critics that posed such contradictions exist took things out of context. 2. They read the bible clearly but didn't read to understand, rather to find discrepancies.

You did not debunk anything here, if you had you'd be throwing it at my face; Something atheists are used to. @bolded is to show you how people take things out of context.

You failed to understand my answer?

There are no contradictions in the bible, or put simply there's no proof that contradictions exist in the bible. All are misinterpretations or should I say bible text whoose meaning have been taken out of context.

It would be quite annoying if I try to reason with you and you dont wish to reason with me, the suppossed contradictions and more have been answered and I told you; the same way you searched the net to reel out the suppossed contradictions could have been used to get the answers.
The answer to the one you're fulminating about has been answered here: www.douknow.net/ath_nt_contradictions__part1.htm
I really cant spoon feed you putting that huge rebuttal here. Go school yourself Dapo

It's a shame

You who claims to know the Bible,you can't defend your Bible logically. You have to refer me to a website that didn't even address the 28 and 43 generations discrepancy, I deliberately chose that particular contradiction because it's unambiguous, there is no way they can explain it off like they are easily explaining off the other contradictions, the list is exhaustive, they only chose the ones they could debunk and left out strong contradictions like the 28/43 generations ,why didn't they address it in the site you gave me. And why can't you defend it yourself instead of asking me to go and read a website that doesn't even answer my question. You are a Christian you should be able to defend your beliefs anytime anywhere. You should understand your Bible.

Again I ask. What is the misconception in 28 and 43 generations mentioned in the new testament, what is it I am misinterpreting it's So unambiguous and very glaring contradiction that even that website didn't dare to talk about it.

1 Like

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
IanDiamonds:

Where did thaey say the bolded in the video or on their webpage, I can't find where they said such in both. Just looked, please do tell me where you saw the bolded.

Straw Man spotted

Yes, what turned you away from your faith? Specific detail if you could please.

Guy go and watch the video or read the transcript of is GOD good? On that website you gave me. They said GOD cannot do what is logically impossible. So you haven't even watched it yourself. Hahaha

Video transcript:

Is God good? If he is, why is there suffering and evil?

Let's assume for the moment that God is all powerful. This means that God can do anything that is logically possible. So he can create galaxies, and subatomic particles, and rainforests, and you.

But God cannot do what is logically impossible. He cannot make a square circle or a one-ended stick. So can God make a rock so big that he can't lift it? No.

So what if, when God created human beings, he wanted them to be free. Freedom's a good thing. But, if humans are to be free, they cannot be forced to obey God -- because freedom without choice is like a square circle. It's a logical contradiction. No choice, no freedom.

God didn't want robots. He wanted real people.

The first humans endowed with the awesome power of free choice abused their freedom. The tragic consequences of their bad choice and our bad choices rippled across the world.

God is responsible for the fact of freedom but humans are responsible for their acts of freedom.

But let's remember, we don't suffer alone. God will put an end to suffering and evil. And God became a man to suffer with us.

God is good and he wants real people like you to know him, but the free choice is yours.

1 Like

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
Iandiamonds I have seen an answer in yahoo answers, one guy says Matthew skips some generations that he considered less important to arrive at 27 generations, grin

I am tempted to think the guy is person himself who wrote the Gospel of Matthew,how could he had known that the author skipped some generations? Is he the author himself. I find it quite funny how someone knows the mind of the author,how someone knows the intention of the author when the author didn't say so. Anyway I am not surprised. People would always bring up excuses to support sky daddy.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=20110223180315AAQ5o9A

1 Like

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 17, 2014
Sorry for derailing the thread. He asked for it.

By the way,some apologetic say that Matthew and Luke wrote from different purposes,that means we can't trust the Bible anymore because we don't know Which purpose someone would write something, we don't know what they had in mind,their plans,their intention. So why should i trust a book written by ancient people who had different intention? Isn't the holy spirit meant to be guiding what they are writing,why are they writing according to their own purpose.

Absolute trash!

1 Like

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by asalimpo(m): 8:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
Atheists desperately looking for consolation. Science is still conjecturg - on the God Q.
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 8:42pm On Dec 17, 2014
Dapo777:

Guy go and watch the video or read the transcript of is GOD good? On that website you gave me. They said GOD cannot do what is logically impossible. So you haven't even watched it yourself. Hahaha

Video transcript:

Is God good? If he is, why is there suffering and evil?

Let's assume for the moment that God is all powerful. This means that God can do anything that is logically possible. So he can create galaxies, and subatomic particles, and rainforests, and you.

But God cannot do what is logically impossible. He cannot make a square circle or a one-ended stick. So can God make a rock so big that he can't lift it? No.

So what if, when God created human beings, he wanted them to be free. Freedom's a good thing. But, if humans are to be free, they cannot be forced to obey God -- because freedom without choice is like a square circle. It's a logical contradiction. No choice, no freedom.

God didn't want robots. He wanted real people.

The first humans endowed with the awesome power of free choice abused their freedom. The tragic consequences of their bad choice and our bad choices rippled across the world.

God is responsible for the fact of freedom but humans are responsible for their acts of freedom.

But let's remember, we don't suffer alone. God will put an end to suffering and evil. And God became a man to suffer with us.

God is good and he wants real people like you to know him, but the free choice is yours.

Naah! Man you got the wrong video
check youtube.com/watch?v=KGlx11BxF24
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 17, 2014
IanDiamonds:

Naah! Man you got the wrong video
check youtube.com/watch?v=KGlx11BxF24

You still don't get it. I have watched both videos . The one on YouTube and the one I found on fallingplates.com although it was a link on that website that referred me to another site called http://everystudent.com/videos/isGodgood.html

After picking no as my answer on the fallingplates.com. man go and pick no as your answer and click on "Is GOD good " link on the site.

1 Like

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 9:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
Dapo777:

It's a shame

You who claims to know the Bible,you can't defend your Bible logically. You have to refer me to a website that didn't even address the 28 and 43 generations discrepancy, I deliberately chose that particular contradiction because it's unambiguous, there is no way they can explain it off like they are easily explaining off the other contradictions, the list is exhaustive, they only chose the ones they could debunk and left out strong contradictions like the 28/43 generations ,why didn't they address it in the site you gave me. And why can't you defend it yourself instead of asking me to go and read a website that doesn't even answer my question. You are a Christian you should be able to defend your beliefs anytime anywhere. You should understand your Bible.

Again I ask. What is the misconception in 28 and 43 generations mentioned in the new testament, what is it I am misinterpreting it's So unambiguous and very glaring contradiction that even that website didn't dare to talk about it.

Dapo honestly I'm quite amazed you showed this level of Ignorance. The link I gave you clearly addressed the (suppossed contradiction). The author does well to clear it up in simple details even a 5 year old would understand. Unless you don't understand the meaning of the word genealogy

genealogy - /dʒiːnɪˈalədʒi,dʒɛn-/
noun 1. a line of descent traced continuously from an ancestor.

I implore you to read the article again, dont skip any line read the entire article and you'll find your answer
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 9:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
Dapo777:

You still don't get it. I have watched both videos . The one on YouTube and the one I found on fallingplates.com although it was a link on that website that referred me to another site called http://everystudent.com/videos/isGodgood.html

After picking no as my answer on the fallingplates.com. man go and pick no as your answer and click on "Is GOD good " link on the site.

Dapo, I've seen what you're reffering to.
Now here is how your argument is flawed, when you clicked no, a page that conforms to the request was served to you. Let me break it down further.
When you click on the "Is God good" link, the page were directed to was based on the request you served; meaning an idea was borne of that context that you choose not to follow christ, and based on that idea you saw what you saw.
Now they weren't dishonest, first they're tryin' to clear up the omnipotence paradox. Atheist ask questions that are logically impossible. For instance the common one is "Can a diety create a stone so heavy that the diety cannot lift it". You see the paradox here? If the Diety can create the stone and cannot lift it, then the Diety is not omnipotent, if the Diety cannot create the stone, the Diety is not omnipotent". Though some persons argue that the diety cannot lift it, but can raise it; but we're not going into that now. This are the logically impossible things they're talking about. Furthermore such questions are contradictory i.e. There's a problem with the question.
For instance if I say "Everything I say is a lie" that would mean every word/sentence I utter is a lie. But If everything I say is a lie then in this case I have said the truth; You see the problem here. Here's another scenario "Can an irrestible force break an immovable wall". If the force does break the wall, then the wall was never immovable in the first place. If the force can't break the wall, the force was not irrestible in the first place.
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
IanDiamonds:

Dapo honestly I'm quite amazed you showed this level of Ignorance. The link I gave you clearly addressed the (suppossed contradiction). The author does well to clear it up in simple details even a 5 year old would understand. Unless you don't understand the meaning of the word genealogy

genealogy - /dʒiːnɪˈalədʒi,dʒɛn-/
noun 1. a line of descent traced continuously from an ancestor.

I implore you to read the article again, dont skip any line read the entire article and you'll find your answer

What number was it explained. Even if it was explained there I know what they would say,that Matthew skipped some generations because they were less important or that he was writing the Gospel with a different purpose in mind. What could they possibly say again.

It's all ridiculous excuse.
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2014
IanDiamonds:

Now here is how your argument is flawed, when you clicked no, a page that conforms to the request was served to you. Let me break it down further.
When you click on the "Is God good" link, the page were directed to was based on the request you served; meaning an idea was borne of that context that you choose not to follow christ, and based on that idea you saw what you saw.
Now they weren't dishonest, first they're tryin' to clear up the omnipotence paradox. Atheist ask questions that are logically impossible. For instance the common one is "Can a diety create a stone so heavy that the diety cannot lift it". You see the paradox here? If the Diety can create the stone and cannot lift it, then the Diety is not omnipotent, if the Diety cannot create the stone, the Diety is not omnipotent". Though some persons argue that the diety cannot lift it, but can raise it; but we're not going into that now. This are the logically impossible things they're talking about. Furthermore such questions are contradictory i.e. There's a problem with the question.
For instance if I say "Everything I say is a lie" that would mean every word/sentence I utter is a lie. But If everything I say is a lie then in this case I have said the truth; You see the problem here. Here's another scenario "Can an irrestible force break an immovable wall". If the force does break the wall, then the wall was never immovable in the first place. If the force can't break the wall, the force was not irrestible in the first place.

This is what Christians are good at. When faced with questions they don't know how to answer they try to shift the main discussion to something else.

Please how does this justify the contradictions in the Bible.

You still avnt answered my question,why do we have So many glaring contradictions in the Bible. One of Which you are finding very difficult to explain off.

Why did Matthew exclude So many generations from the lineage of Jesus? Why would Matthew have a purpose of writing that is different from that of Luke when they were both inspired by the same holy spirit.

No matter how you try to Dodge that question I will continue to throw it at your face until you give me a logical explanation or accept that the Bible is truly contradictory. wink
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
IanDiamonds:

By the way all you just did was to show that things that are logically impossible aren't possible.

What you failed to admit is that no where in the Bible is it stated that GOD is controlled by logic. No where is it stated in the Bible that GOD follows the rules of logic, That's where dishonesty comes in,because it becomes imperative that they are adding to the Bible and making claims for GOD that isn't in the Bible.

You are all the same ,you and those who made the video you add things to already laid down foundations of Christianity to remain relevant to the society.

Absolute trash!
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 5:40am On Dec 18, 2014
Dapo777:

What number was it explained. Even if it was explained there I know what they would say,that Matthew skipped some generations because they were less important or that he was writing the Gospel with a different purpose in mind. What could they possibly say again.

It's all ridiculous excuse.

No, that was not what they said. This statement once again proves that you did not read the entire article. I understand that no one wants to lose an argument, but that does not in anyway mean we can't learn from each other. Let's try to be at least liberal with one another. The site talks about the genealogy in matthew being for Joseph and that of Luke being for Mary. That's just a shot at it, I imploe you once again to please read the article. We can't learn if we continue to condescend
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 6:01am On Dec 18, 2014
Dapo777:

This is what Christians are good at. When faced with questions they don't know how to answer they try to shift the main discussion to something else.

Please how does this justify the contradictions in the Bible.

You still avnt answered my question,why do we have So many glaring contradictions in the Bible. One of Which you are finding very difficult to explain off.
Dapo I did digress a bit to clear up the "Is God good" issue, and no I'm not trying to deviate from the main argument. We have mutliple issues Interconnected to the question in a web like manner and Nairaland is a public forum, anyone who might be searching for answers just stumble upon this thread and get what they are looking for.

Why did Matthew exclude So many generations from the lineage of Jesus? Why would Matthew have a purpose of writing that is different from that of Luke when they were both inspired by the same holy spirit.

No matter how you try to Dodge that question I will continue to throw it at your face until you give me a logical explanation or accept that the Bible is truly contradictory. wink
In as much you're trying (with all effort) to prove contradictions exist in the bible, I'm clearing up those misconceptions. The link I gave to you answered the question.
I'd say you've shot yourself in the leg once again. The bolded shows you've once again violated the context of belief, put in summary; the genealogy Matthew recorded was that of Joseph while that Luke recorded was of Mary. You mother and father didn't have the same genealogy did they? Same way it had to be specified here.
The context of belief here is that Matthew recorded the genealogy of Joseph (the surrogate father of Jesus) and Luke recorded the genealogy of Mary (the mother of Jesus). You violated that belief and hence you've created a contradiction.
The rebuttals above we're taken from the same webpage you claim didn't answer your quesion, If you have further questions go read the page and paste the questions (relating to this only, please try not to deviate) here, but do make sure you've read first the page please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Chris & The Superhuman Complex – 2 Corinthians 5:17 / How Can I Help God Fulfill His Promises? / Disbelief In God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.