Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,461 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:33 AM

Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. (6148 Views)

Evolution For Simpletons / Evolution For Creationists / Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by wiegraf: 12:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
You go fear. Nigerians showing up to disparage this achievement because it somehow harms their GODIDIT

When they fall ill, it's these same researchers they will run to.....

Wonder where oga GOD?!? is at the time

3 Likes

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by plaetton: 1:00pm On Dec 16, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

@bold section 1: Human's "create" models to perform specific task.....that does not prove that this tasks can occur on their own, the reverse is the case.

@bold section 2: "Creating" new simple chemical LIFE-FORMS. Let's see if they can create a life-form without pre-existing life-form then we can talk.

@tobechi20, you are very right, just look at the posts above mine.

So much excitement over Chemicals dropping in a specific way, they have not created a non-existing element nor any life-form yet. They have not even answer any of life's important questions, yet so much excitement over NOTHING.
I am quite sure that you are neither a chemist nor a student of science. I doubt if you had ever performed a scientific experiment in your life.

It is grand folly, bordering on very complex form of stup.I.dity to ARGuE AGAINST something that one doesn't understand.

When you are sick, you rush to the hospital for trained doctors to use scientifically formulated products that went through this same process to save your black behind from loving arms of your god.

1 Like

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by plaetton: 1:02pm On Dec 16, 2014
IanDiamonds:

Care to explain?
Explain what

Read the article sir.
If you don't get it, that's OK.
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
IanDiamonds:

I didn't accuse him of hating a thing, I accused him of hating God.
Spot the difference?

amazing discovery - God is No thing

3 Likes

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by plaetton: 1:44pm On Dec 16, 2014
DrJoe1:

amazing discovery - God is No thing
Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by tobechi20(m): 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2014
Dapo777:

I must guess that only a chemistry graduate can understand an experiment like this? Uhn?

I must also conclude that every thing you have been thought in the university, you have performed all the experiments yourself(even when you don't have the materials,you went abroad to perform it) ,before you believed any thing you were thought. All the books you read,all the theories you were taught you didn't believe any of them, until you saw it happening with your eyes and verified all first hand,those you couldnt verify by yourself were taken as LIES by you,right? Have I described you accurately?

where did i state that this or unverified scientific articles are lies?

I am only insinuating tha accepting scientific findings because a professor said so equates the same faith as a christian who accepts Adam story because their bible and prophet said so.

THEIST AND ATHEIST REQUIRE THE SAME FAITH SO ATHEIST SHOULD STOP CALLING THEIST STUPID

1 Like

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by tobechi20(m): 3:31pm On Dec 16, 2014
ifeness:
The fact that we all use a computer is enough evidence that science is always right. How many Christians can tell us what their God has invented recently,apart from pointing at the Sun,Moon and Sky? Nothing!!

God creeated the earth.scientist are yet to unravel the mysteries in the earth God created.

Maybe till then,they will discover millions of other things God created

1 Like

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by tobechi20(m): 3:34pm On Dec 16, 2014
ifeness:
Religion does the talking,Science does the basic thing. Humanity would probably have gone extinct without Science.

We are still trying to detect how the dinosaurs were wiped out. If Science eventually finds out how to deflect the next possible comet from hitting the earth,some dumb humans will still thank God.

World has long existed without science and will still exist.

Religion is reliigion.
Science is science

bible is not scientisfic textbook.

This thread should be moved to science and technology section and not religon section

2 Likes

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 16, 2014
tobechi20:

World has long existed without science and will still exist.

Religion is reliigion.
Science is science

bible is not scientisfic textbook.

This thread should be moved to science and technology section and not religon section

If the Bible is not a scientific textbook why do we have the process for curing leprosy in the Bible?

2 Likes

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by RikoduoSennin(m): 6:32pm On Dec 16, 2014
plaetton:

I am quite sure that you are neither a chemist nor a student of science. I doubt if you had ever performed a scientific experiment in your life.

It is grand folly, bordering on very complex form of stup.I.dity to ARGuE AGAINST something that one doesn't understand.

When you are sick, you rush to the hospital for trained doctors to use scientifically formulated products that went through this same process to save your black behind from loving arms of your god.

You have said nothing but cyber bully my person.

There is no argument here.

What has being sick got to do with my previous post? Who told you I am not a science student or haven't done scientific experiments. What gives you the impression that I don't follow scientific discoveries- would I follow this thread if I don't.

Remove sentiments- read in between the lines

Your thinking is flawed if you think science and belief in God are two opposites that never meets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 16, 2014
tobechi20:

God creeated the earth.scientist are yet to unravel the mysteries in the earth God created.

Maybe till then,they will discover millions of other things God created

And probably what created God. Well of course I know humans created God.

3 Likes

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 8:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
plaetton:

Explain what

Read the article sir.
If you don't get it, that's OK.

Another form of sayin' "I have no Idea". Well close enough
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 9:46pm On Dec 16, 2014
wiegraf:

Oil, not water. And 'being evolved' does not equate to 'evolving'? Confusing...
You didn't get the message.. He!! No you didn't. Probably by the end you'll get it.

Randomly; do not confuse yourself and misrepresent their claims, its implications, etc. They have built a system in which chemicals evolve using artificial means, in this case via robots. Like stated in the article

So it's evolution, except that rather than nature doing the choosing, robots do so. Simple.

Implications are many, eg:

And

And you do know how many unexpected discoveries have gone on to become of critical value, yes? Ask Alexander Fleming for one.

Also, yes, it could lead to the development of synthetic lifeforms. Capable of reproducing on their own etc etc

I wonder if a similar process could be used to counter the evolution of viruses, bacteria, etc that are harmful to us. So, as bacteria evolve and become drug resistant, whatever chemicals being used in said hypothetical process also evolve to deal with them. That is a long way away though, I think.

They designed the system to produce the desired behaviour. The conditions set would always yeild the end result. Did I hear you say HOW?
Well, there's a robot in a lab in a controlled condition making intelligent choices regarding which properties are most desirable for the outcome (Artificial Selection? Yeah! Right) to evolve chemical droplets. Sounds more like Intelligent purposive design to me.

If the first generation was composed of the same compounds, why would the behaviour of the droplets change? How then did they come about a second generation? Should the selection process change, you won't as much yield the same result

2 Likes

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 9:59pm On Dec 16, 2014
Dapo777:

If GOD is not a thing,then GOD must be nothing(opposite of a thing)? Am glad you are beginning to apply your logic. That's a good start.

F.uck Public school
You're response stinks of ignorance.

Look at my post

I didn't accuse him of hating a thing, I accused him of hating God.
Spot the difference?
Look at your response
Dapo777:

If GOD is not a thing,then GOD must be nothing(opposite of a thing)? Am glad you are beginning to apply your logic. That's a good start.

The after effect of Public School..

1 Like

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by sinequanon: 10:01pm On Dec 16, 2014
The only remarkable thing here is how gullible folk who take the report seriously are.

This is just PR, and has little to do with origin of life and lifeforms. It is the way professors get funding for their projects, by attaching it to a popular subject. The gullible and/or desperate then fall for the hype.

1 Like

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by tobechi20(m): 10:51pm On Dec 16, 2014
IanDiamonds:

F.uck Public school
You're response stinks of ignorance.

Look at my post

Look at your response

The after effect of Public School..

absolutly nothing wrong with that response.

attaching his response to public school is fallacy

you err in reasoning

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by wiegraf: 1:30am On Dec 17, 2014
IanDiamonds:

You didn't get the message.. He!! No you didn't. Probably by the end you'll get it.

Err, no. Actually, the reverse seems to be the case.

IanDiamonds:

They designed the system to produce the desired behaviour. The conditions set would always yeild the end result.

Really?

IanDiamonds:

Did I hear you say HOW?

No

IanDiamonds:

Well, there's a robot in a lab in a controlled condition making intelligent choices regarding which properties are most desirable for the outcome (Artificial Selection? Yeah! Right) to evolve chemical droplets. Sounds more like Intelligent purposive design to me.

I'm confused as to where they claimed otherwise. I'm also confused as to where they claimed they would only be doing those sort of experiments. ie, those where they set out to specifically get a 'desirable' outcome. Or did you miss where I quote

researchers:

We're also keen to explore in future experiments how the emergence of unexpected features, functions and behaviours might be selected for.

It's now in bold, please don't miss it again. It can go either ways, good genius. They could decide to set a goal or just go random. Indeed, they could set a goal yet get completely unexpected results (that's part of the beauty of this). It seems they intend to go both ways.

This is not nuclear physics. Hope that's clear?

Also, hope you don't want to start shifting posts? Claim some sort of guided evolution was responsible special just for special you rather than you were just special ready made, as is, by sky papa? Because of this experiment? If so, u don enter bush....

IanDiamonds:

If the first generation was composed of the same compounds, why would the behaviour of the droplets change? How then did they come about a second generation? Should the selection process change, you won't as much yield the same result

Do you really understand what's going on here?

Take a deep breath, relax, then read it again....
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by RikoduoSennin(m): 6:26am On Dec 17, 2014
sinequanon:
The only remarkable thing here is how gullible folk who take the report seriously are.

This is just PR, and has little to do with origin of life and lifeforms. It is the way professors get funding for their projects, by attaching it to a popular subject. The gullible and/or desperate then fall for the hype.

You said it all...... I told this to someone a while back in another thread, he didn't believe me, all he did was attack me with words .....He really didn't know the length Scientist go to secure funds from investors- they lie/utter the truth most of the time!
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 6:50am On Dec 17, 2014
tobechi20:

absolutly nothing wrong with that response.

attaching his response to public school is fallacy

you err in reasoning

You're both driven by locutions. Ya'll we're probably classmates..
Atheists twistin' words since 1960. Once again "F.uck public School"
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 7:00am On Dec 17, 2014
wiegraf:

Err, no. Actually, the reverse seems to be the case.
Sigh!

Really?

No
*smh*

I'm confused as to where they claimed otherwise. I'm also confused as to where they claimed they would only be doing those sort of experiments. ie, those where they set out to specifically get a 'desirable' outcome. Or did you miss where I quote
I am confused as to where I made reference to future experiments.

It's now in bold, please don't miss it again. It can go either ways, good genius. They could decide to set a goal or just go random. Indeed, they could set a goal yet get completely unexpected results (that's part of the beauty of this) . It seems they intend to go both ways.
Please stay on course, we're talkin' 'bout this experiment and not future experiments.
@bolded, that's what they'd make you think.

This is not nuclear physics. Hope that's clear?

Also, hope you don't want to start shifting posts? Claim some sort of guided evolution was responsible special just for special you rather than you were just special ready made, as is, by sky papa? Because of this experiment? If so, u don enter bush....
Tf? Are you sayin'. Please rephrase
Just cause I'm a Theist (Christain) does not make me less intelligent

Do you really understand what's going on here?
Take a deep breath, relax, then read it again....
Yeah! It's so simple I need you to help me become confused.

Now that you seems to be gettin' it... Why'd they tag the title "Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time."?
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by davien(m): 7:01am On Dec 17, 2014
Nice article..
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by davien(m): 7:07am On Dec 17, 2014
IanDiamonds:

Now that you seems to be gettin' it... Why'd they tag the title "Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time."?
It's as though you ignore the fact that science mimics natural processes....hence we could make artificial limbs,artificial inner ears(cochlea),artificial crystals,etc
So slandering the process simply because it is "artificial" and you think it isn't natural is a non sequitor..

1 Like

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by tobechi20(m): 9:24am On Dec 17, 2014
Dapo777:

If the Bible is not a scientific textbook why do we have the process for curing leprosy in the Bible?

bible described how the isrealite went to isreal from egypt. It must be a map

bible also talked of sowing and reaping, it must be an agric textbook

it described how moses struck rock to get water it must be a ................?

1 Like

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
tobechi20:

bible described how the isrealite went to isreal from egypt. It must be a map

bible also talked of sowing and reaping, it must be an agric textbook

it described how moses struck rock to get water it must be a ................?

The Bible can be anything to anyone.

To me it's a story book. An inconsistent fairy tale book. grin

1 Like

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 1:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
Dapo777:

The Bible can be anything to anyone.

To me it's a story book. An inconsistent fairy tale book. grin

The bible is inconsistent to you cuz your lazy as$ failed to read the bible, you went online searchin' for answers when you should be askin' your Creator, corrupted individuals twisted the Word of God so it looks fake to you, you nod your head in agreement.

And that class is how a silly atheist called Dapo777 came about. Class dismissed.

The moral of the story is
When you fail to study the word of God properly and understand the meaning, you become an atheist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 1:56pm On Dec 17, 2014
davien:
It's as though you ignore the fact that science mimics natural processes....hence we could make artificial limbs,artificial inner ears(cochlea),artificial crystals,etc
So slandering the process simply because it is "artificial" and you think it isn't natural is a non sequitor..

You also didn't get the message, you got part of it but not all of it.

They used the robot to deposit populations of droplets of the same composition, then ranked these populations in order of how closely they fit the criteria of behaviour identified by the researchers. The chemical composition of the 'fittest' population was then carried over into a second generation of droplets, and the process of robotic selection was begun again.
Over the course of 20 repetitions of the process, the researchers found that the droplets became more stable, mimicking the natural selection of evolution.
Read the first bolded and the second bolded. Hope you get it this time.
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 17, 2014
IanDiamonds:

The bible is inconsistent to you cuz your lazy as$ failed to read the bible, you went online searchin' for answers when you should be askin' your Creator, corrupted individuals twisted the Word of God so it looks fake to you, you nod your head in agreement.

And that class is how a silly atheist called Dapo777 came about. Class dismissed.

The moral of the story is
When you fail to study the word of God properly and understand the meaning, you become an atheist.

Explain this contradictions.

1.       Jesus' lineage was traced through David's son Solomon. Mt.1:6.
Jesus' lineage was traced through David's son Nathan. Lk.3:31.

The announcement of the special birth came before conception. Lk.1:26-31.
The announcement of the special birth came after conception. Mt.1:18-21.
Jesus' parents were told of their son's future greatness. Mt.1:18-21; Lk.1:28-35.
Jesus' parents knew nothing of their son's potential. Lk.2:48-50.
The angel told Joseph. Mt.1:20.
The angel told Mary. Lk.1:28.
There were 28 generations from David to Jesus. Mt.1:17.
There were 43 generations from David to Jesus. Lk.3:23-31.
Jacob was Joseph's father. Mt.1:16.
Heli was Joseph's father. Lk.3:23.
He was to be called Emmanuel. Mt.1:23.
He was called Jesus. Mt.1:25.
Joseph, Mary, and Jesus flee to Egypt while Herod slaughters all males under 2 years old. Mt.2:13-16. (Note: Jesus' cousin, John, was also under 2 and survived without having to flee.)
Joseph, Mary, and Jesus did not flee to Egypt, but remained for temple rituals. No slaughter of infants is mentioned! Lk.2:21-39.
Jesus was tempted during the 40 days in the wilderness. Mk.1:13.
Jesus was tempted after the 40 days in the wilderness. Mt.4:2,3.
The devil first took Jesus to the pinnacle, then to the mountain top. Mt.4:5-8.
The devil first took Jesus to the mountain top, then to the pinnacle. Lk.4:5-9.
Satan tempted Jesus. Mt.4:1-10; Mk.1:13; Lk.4:1,2.
Satan had no interest in Jesus. Jn.14:30.
The baptism of Jesus was with the "Holy Ghost". Mk.1:8; Jn.1:33.
Fire was also added to the baptism. Mt.3:11; Lu.3:16.
John knew of Jesus before he baptized him. Mt.3:11-13; Jn.1:28,29.
John knew nothing of Jesus at all. Mt.11:1-3.
Jesus begins his ministry after John's arrest. Mk.1:13,14.
Jesus begins his ministry before John's arrest. Jn.3:22-24.
It is recorded that Jesus saw the spirit descending. Mt.3:16; Mk.1:10.
It is recorded that John saw the spirit descending. Jn.1:32.
The heavenly voice addressed the gathering. Mt.3:17.
The heavenly voice addressed Jesus. Mk.1:11; Lk.3:22.
Immediately after the baptism, Jesus spent 40 days in the wilderness. Mt.4:1,2; Mk.1:12,13.
Three days after the baptism, Jesus was at the wedding in Cana. Jn.2:1.
Jesus went to Bethphage and the Mt. of Olives, then left for Bethany. Mt.21:1,17.
Jesus went to Bethphage and Bethany at the Mt. of Olives. Mk.11:1; Lk.19:29.
Jesus went to Bethany and then Jerusalem. Jn.12:1,12.
Jesus and his disciples taught in Capernaum. Mk.1:20,21.
Only Jesus taught in Capernaum. Lk.4:30,31.
Peter was chosen, with Andrew, by the Sea of Galilee. Mt.4:18-20; Mk.1:16-18.
Peter was chosen, with James and John, by the lake of Gennesaret. Lk.5:2-11.
Andrew chose Jesus and then got Peter to join. Jn.1:35-42.
Peter was to preach to the Jews. Mt.10:2,5,6; Gal.2:7.
Peter was to preach to the Gentiles. Acts 15:7.
Jesus cured Simon Peter's mother-in-law after he cleansed the leper. Mt.8:1-15.
Jesus cured Simon Peter's mother-in-law before he cleansed the leper. Mk.1:30-42; Lk.4:38 to 5:13.
Peter's mother-in-law was healed before Peter was called to be a disciple. Lu.4:38,39; 5:10.
Peter's mother-in-law was healed after Peter was called to be a disciple. Mt.4:18,19; 8:14,15; Mk.1:16,17,30,31.
James and John were with Jesus when he healed Simon Peter's mother-in-law. Mk.1:29-31.
James and John were not with Jesus when he healed Simon Peter's mother-in-law. Lu.4:38,39; 5:10,11.
Lebbaeus (Thaddaeus) was the name of an apostle - but no Judas, brother of James. Mt. 10:3.
Judas, the brother of James, was an apostle, but no Thaddaeus. Lk.6:16; Acts 1:13.
The centurion's servant was healed in between the cleansing of the leper and the healing of Peter's mother-in-law. Mt.8:2-15.
The centurion's servant was healed after the cleansing of the leper and the healing of Peter's mother-in-law. Lu.4:38,39; 5:12,13; 7:1-10.
The people were not impressed with the feeding of the multitude. Mk.6:52.
The people were very impressed with the feeding of the multitude. Jn.6:14.
After the feeding of the multitude, Jesus went to Gennesaret. Mk.6:53.
After the feeding of the multitude, Jesus went to Capernaum. Jn.6:14-17.
A demon cries out that Jesus is the Holy One of God. Mk.1:23,24.
Everyone who confesses that Jesus came in the flesh is of God. 1 Jn.4:2.
Jesus cursed the fig tree so that it would not bear fruit. Mt.21:19; Mk.11:14.
It wasn't time for the fig tree to bear fruit. Mk.11:13.
The fig tree withers immediately, and the disciples are amazed. Mt.21:19,20.
The disciples first notice the withered tree the next day. Mk.11:20,21.
Jesus is the mediator of the "Father". 1 Tim.2:5; 1 Jn.2:1.
Jesus sits on "his" right hand. Mk. 16:19.
Jesus and the "Father" are one in the same. Jn.10:30.
There is one "God". 1 Tim.2:5; Jms.2:19.
There are three. 1 Jn.5:7.
Jesus said to honor your father and mother. Mt.15:4; Mt.19:19; Mk.7:10; Mk.10:19; Lk.18:20.
Jesus said that he came to set people against their parents. Mt.10:35-37; Lk.12:51-53; Lk.14:26.
Jesus said to call no man father. Mt.23:9.
Jesus/God said, "You fool…". Lk.12:20; Mt.23:17.
Paul calls people fools. 1 Cor.15:36.
Call someone a fool and you go to hell. Mt.5:22.
Anger by itself is a sin. Mt.5:22.
But not necessarily. Eph.4:26.
Ask and it shall be given. Seek and you will find. Knock and it will be opened to you. Mt.7:7,8; Lk.11:9,10.
Ask and you shall be refused. Seek and you won't find. Knock and you will be refused entrance. Lk.13:24-27.
Do not judge. Mt.7:1,2.
Unless it is necessary, of course. 1 Jn.4:1-3.
Jesus is thankful that some things are hidden. Mt.11:25; Mk.4:11,12.
Jesus said that all things should be made known. Mk.4:22.
Jesus said that no sign would be given. Mk.8:12.
Jesus said that no sign would be given except for that of Jonas. Mt.12:39; Lk.11:29.
Jesus showed many signs. Jn.20:30; Acts 2:22.
Jesus stated that the law was until heaven and earth ended. Mt. 5:17-19.
Jesus stated that the law was only until the time of John. Lk.16:16.
The "Sermon on the Mount" took place on the mountain. Mt.5:1.
The "Sermon on the Mount" took place on a plain. Lu.6:17.
The "Lord's Prayer" was taught to many during the "Sermon on the Mount". Mt.6:9.
The "Lord's Prayer" was taught only to the disciples at another time. Lu.11:1.
Jesus had his own house. Mk.2:15.
Jesus did not have his own house. Lu.9:58.
Good works should be seen. Mt.5:16.
Good works should not be seen. Mt.6:1-4.
Jesus said that Salvation was only for the Jews. Mt.15:24; Mt.10:5,6; Jn.4:22; Rom.11:26,27.
Paul said that salvation was also for the Gentiles. Acts 13:47,48.
Repentance is necessary. Acts 3:19; Lu.3:3.
Repentance is not necessary. Rom.11:29.
Non-believers obtain mercy. Rom.11:32.
Only believers obtain mercy. Jn.3:36; Rom.14:23.
Only baptized believers obtain mercy. Mk.16:16.
Mercy cannot be predetermined. Rom.9:18.
All who call on the "Lord" will be saved. Rom.10:13; Acts 2:21.
Only those predestined will be saved. Acts 13:48; Eph.1:4,5; 2 Thes.2:13; Acts 2:47.
Jesus said he would not cast aside any that come to him. Jn.6:37.
Jesus said that many that come to him will be cast aside. Mt.7:21-23.
Salvation comes by faith and not works. Eph.2:8,9; Rom.11:6; Gal.2:16; Rom.3:28.
Salvation comes by faith and works. Jms.2:14,17,20.
The righteous have eternal life. Mt.25:46.
The righteous are barely saved. 1 Pet.4:18.
There are no righteous. Rom.3:10.
Believe and be baptized to be saved. Mk.16:16.
Be baptized by water and the spirit to be saved. Jn.3:5.
Endure to the end to be saved. Mt.24:13.
Call on the name of the "Lord" to be saved. Acts 2:21; Rom.10:13.
Believe in Jesus to be saved. Acts 16:31.
Believe, then all your household will be saved. Acts 16:31.
Hope and you will be saved. Rom.8:24.
Believe in the resurrection to be saved. Rom.10:9.
By grace you are saved. Eph.2:5
By grace and faith you are saved. Eph.2:8.
Have the love of truth to be saved. 2 Thes.2:10.
Mercy saves. Titus 3:5.
Backsliders are condemned. 2 Pet.2:20.
Backsliders are saved regardless. Jn.10:27-29.
Forgive seventy times seven. Mt.18:22.
Forgiveness is not possible for renewed sin. Heb.6:4-6.
Divorce, except for unfaithfulness, is wrong. Mt.5:32.
Divorce for any reason is wrong. Mk.10:11,12.
Jesus approved of destroying enemies. Lk.19:27.
Jesus said to love your enemies. Mt.5:44.
God resides in heaven. Mt.5:45; Mt.6:9; Mt.7:21.
Angels reside in heaven. Mk.13:32.
Jesus is with God in heaven. Acts 7:55,56
Believers go to heaven. 1 Pet.1:3,4.
Heaven will pass away. Mt.24:35; Mk.13:31; Lk.21:33.
Pray that you don't enter temptation. Mt.26:41.
Temptation is a joy. Jms.1:2.
God leads you into temptation. Mt.6:13.
God tempts no one. Jms.1:13.
Take no thought for tomorrow. God will take care of you. Mt.6:25-34; Lk.12:22-31.
A man who does not provide for his family is worse than an infidel. 1 Tim.5:8.
Whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. Acts 2:21; Rom.10:13.
Not everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. Mt.7:21.
Only those whom the Lord chooses will be saved. Acts 2:39.
We are justified by works and not by faith. Mt.7:21; Rom.2:6,13; Jms.2:24.
We are justified by faith and not by works. Jn.3:16; Rom.3:27; Eph.2:8,9.; Gal.2:16.
Do not take sandals (shoes) or staves. Mt.10:10.
Take only sandals (shoes) and staves. Mk.6:8,9.
Jesus said that in him there was peace. Jn.16:33.
Jesus said that he did not come to bring peace. Mt.10:34; Lk.12:51.
Jesus said that John the Baptist was a prophet and Elijah. Mt.11:9; Mt.17:12,13.
John said that he was not a prophet nor was he Elijah. Jn.1:21.
Jesus said that he was meek and lowly. Mt.11:29.
Jesus makes whips and drives the moneychangers out from the temple. Mt. 21:12; Mk.11:15,16; Jn.2:15.
Jesus said, "Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees". Lk.12:1.
Jesus said, "Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees". Mt.16:6,11.
Jesus said, "Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Herod". Mk.8:15.
Jesus founds his church on Peter. Mt.16:18.
Jesus calls Peter "Satan" and a hindrance. Mt.16:23.
The mother of James and John asks Jesus to favor her sons. Mt.20:20,21.
They ask for themselves. Mk.10:35-37.
Jesus responds that this favor is not his to give. Mt.20:23; Mk.10:40.
Jesus said that all authority is given to him. Mt.28:18; Jn.3:35.
Jesus heals two unnamed blind men. Mt.20:29,30.
Jesus heals one named blind man. Mk.10:46-52.
Jesus healed all that were sick. Mt.8:16; Lk.4:40.
Jesus healed many that were sick - but not all. Mk.1:34.
The council asks Jesus if he is the Son of God. Lk.22:70. The high priest asks Jesus if he is the Christ, the Son of God. Mt.26:63.
The high priest asks Jesus if he is the Christ the Son of the Blessed. Mk.14:61.
The high priest asks Jesus about his disciples and his doctrine. Jn.18:19.
Jesus answers to the effect of “You said it, not me”. Mt.26:64; Lk.22:70.
Jesus answers definitely, “I am”. Mk.14:62.
At the Mount of Olives, Jesus told Peter he would deny him three times. Mt.26:30-34.
At the Passover meal, Jesus told Peter he would deny him three times. Lu.22:13,14,34.
Peter was to deny Jesus before the cock crowed. Mt.26:34; Lk.22:34; Jn.13:38.
Peter was to deny Jesus before the cock crowed twice. Mk.14:30.
The cock crowed once. Mt.26:74.
The cock crowed twice. Mk.14:72.
Peter makes his first denial to a maid and some others. Mt.26:69,70.
It was only to the maid. Mk.14:66-68; Lk.22:56,57; Jn.18:17.
Peter’s second denial was to another maid. Mt.26:71,72.
It was to the same maid. Mk.14:69,70.
It was to a man and not a maid. Lk.22:58.
It was to more than one person. Jn.18:25.
Peter’s third denial was to several bystanders. Mt.26:73,74; Mk.14:69,70.
It was to one person. Lk.22:59,60.
It was to a servant. Jn.18:26,27.
The chief priests bought the field. Mt.27:6,7.
Judas bought the field. Acts 1:16-19.
Judas threw down the money and left. Mt.27:5.
Judas used the coins to buy the field. Acts 1:18.
Judas hanged himself. Mt.27:5.
Judas fell headlong and burst his head open. Acts 1:18.
Jesus did not answer any of the charges. Mt.27:12-14; Lk.23:9.
Jesus answered some of the charges. Mk.14:61,62.
Jesus answered all of the charges. Jn.18:33-37.
Jesus said that eternal life would be given to all that were given to him. Jn.11:27-29; Jn.17:12.
Jesus released Judas in order to keep this promise. Jn.18:5-9.
The chief priests and elders persuade the people. Mt.27:20.
Only the chief priests persuade the people. Mk.15:11.
The chief priests and the people persuade themselves. Lk.23:13-23.
Jesus is given a scarlet robe. Mt.27:28.
Jesus is given a purple robe. Mk.15:17; Jn.19:2.
Jesus is given a gorgeous robe. Lk.23:11.
The sign says, “This is Jesus the King of the Jews”. Mt.27:37.
The sign says, “The King of the Jews”. Mk.15:26.
In three languages, the sign says, “This is the King of the Jews”. Lk.23:38.
In the same three languages, the sign says, “Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews”. Jn.19:19,20.
Jesus asks God, The Father, why he has forsaken him. Mt.27:46.
Jesus said that he and The Father were one in the same. Jn.10:30; Jn.17:11,21,22.
The centurion says, “Truly this was the son of God”. Mt.27:54.
The centurion says, “Truly this man was the son of God”. Mk.15:39.
The centurion says, “Certainly, this was a righteous man”. Lk.23:47.
There was no centurion. Jn.19:31-37.
Jesus was crucified at the third hour. Mk.15:25.
Jesus was still before Pilate at the sixth hour. Jn.19:13,14.
The women looked on from “afar”. Mt.27:55; Mk.15:40; Lk.23:49.
The women were very close. Jn.19:25.
The last recorded words of Jesus were:
Version 1: “Eli, Eli …My God, My God why have you forsaken me” Mt.27:46.
Version 2: “Eloi, Eloi…My God, My God why have you forsaken me” Mk.15:34.
Version 3: “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit”. Lk.23:46.
Version 4: “It is finished”. Jn.19:30.
A guard was placed at the tomb the day after the burial. Mt.27:65,66.
No guard is mentioned. Mk.15:44-47; Lk.23:52-56; Jn.19:38-42.
Only those keeping the words of Jesus will never see death. Jn.8:51.
Jesus’ disciples will be killed. Mt.24:3-9.
All men die once. Heb.9:27.
Upon their arrival, the stone was still in place. Mt.28:1 2.
Upon their arrival, the stone had been removed. Mk.16:4; Lk.24:2; Jn.20:1.
There was an earthquake. Mt.28:2.
There was no earthquake. Mk.16:5; Lk.24:2-4; Jn.20:12.
The visitors ran to tell the disciples. Mt.28:8.
The visitors told the eleven and all the rest. Lk.24:9.
The visitors said nothing to anyone. Mk.16:8.
Jesus first resurrection appearance was right at the tomb. Jn.20:12-14.
Jesus first resurrection appearance was fairly near the tomb. Mt.28:8,9.
Jesus first resurrection appearance was on the road to Emmaus. Lk.24:13-16.
One doubted. Jn.20:24.
Some doubted. Mt.28:17.
All doubted. Mk.16:11; Lk.24:11,14.
Jesus said that his blood was shed for many. Mk.14:24.
Jesus said his blood was shed for his disciples. Lu.22:20.
Simon of Cyrene was forced to bear the cross of Jesus. Mt.27:32; Mk.15:21; Lu.23:26.
Jesus bore his own cross. Jn.19:16,17.
Jesus was offered vinegar and gall to drink. Mt.27:34.
Jesus was offered vinegar to drink. Jn.19:29,30.
Jesus was offered wine and myrrh to drink. Mk.15:23.
Jesus refused the drink offered him. Mk.15:23.
Jesus tasted the drink offered and then refused. Mt.27:34.
Jesus accepted the drink offered him. Jn.19:30.
Both “thieves” mocked Jesus on the cross. Mt. 27:44; Mk.15:32.
One “thief” sided with Jesus on the cross. Lu.23:39-41.
Joseph of Arimathaea boldly asked for the body of Jesus. Mk.15:43.
Joseph of Arimathaea secretly asked for the body of Jesus. Jn.19:38.
Jesus was laid in a nearby tomb. Mk.15:46; Lu.23:53; Jn.19:41.
Jesus was laid in Joseph’s new tomb. Mt.27:59,60.
A great stone was rolled in front of the tomb. Mt.27:60; Mk.15:46.
There was nothing in front of the tomb. Lu.23:55; Jn.19:41.
Nicodemus prepared the body with spices. Jn.19:39,40.
Failing to notice this, the women bought spices to prepare the body later. Mk. 16:1; Lu.23:55,56.

1 Like

Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
Iandiamonds if I am to be a Christian that means I have to overlook all the countless inconsistencies and contradictions in the Bible.

If you know your Bible So well how come you haven't noticed any of these contradictions?
If the Bible is truly the words of the Creator of the universe I don't expect any contradiction to be found in it. It's as simple as that.

So a whole Creator of the universe cannot write a consistent book? Is that what you are saying?

I can't post all the contradictions here,it's too much. To read the rest visit:

http://www.skeptically.org/bible/id6.html
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 3:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
Dapo777:
Iandiamonds if I am to be a Christian that means I have to overlook all the countless inconsistencies and contradictions in the Bible.

If you know your Bible So well how come you haven't noticed any of these contradictions?
If the Bible is truly the words of the Creator of the universe I don't expect any contradiction to be found in it. It's as simple as that.

So a whole Creator of the universe cannot write a consistent book? Is that what you are saying?

I can't post all the contradictions here,it's too much. To read the rest visit:

http://www.skeptically.org/bible/id6.html

I recommend you google Falling Plates and watch the video on youtube, the contents of that short clip would read a lot of meaning to yo if truly you open your heart.
If you say I have not noticed any of what you call "Contradiction" then I am a big liar, it is easy to "create contradictions" when there are none by violating the context of the passage(s) in question. Another approach is violating the context of belief. The Christian understanding is a synthesis of many beliefs, and Biblical teachings which are often interpreted through this background belief which has been synthesized. Such a synthesis may include other facts, not directly related to the contradiction in question, but nevertheless, relevant, so when you claim to see a contradiction, you ought to do so within the context of this background belief. By failing to do this, you're merely imposing an alien concepts into the text as if they belong. An example is the popular Riddle of a Man and his Son rushed to an hospital after they we're involved in an accident. The father dies at the scene and the son is rushed to the hospital. At the hospital the surgeon looks at the boy and says "I can't operate on this boy, he is my son" .... How can this be?? Without the background belief that procreation involves a man and a woman, a contradiction would be born/introduced. Another example is if I say this is my son, the more general though is that I married and my wife gave birth to a boy. If years later I say he is not my son. You'd stop to ponder, since I said he's my son some years ago; but what if he (the son) was adopted?
I would not bore you any further with long text, I'd just say that you could find the answer to the contradictions the same way you found the contradictions. There are tons of sites that debunk this contradiction, but if the mindset to take this corrections is not present in you; there's little anyone can do
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by wiegraf: 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
double post
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by wiegraf: 3:08pm On Dec 17, 2014
IanDiamonds:

Sigh!

*smh*

I am confused as to where I made reference to future experiments.

Please stay on course, we're talkin' 'bout this experiment and not future experiments.
@bolded, that's what they'd make you think.

Tf? Are you sayin'. Please rephrase
Just cause I'm a Theist (Christain) does not make me less intelligent

Yeah! It's so simple I need you to help me become confused.

being xtian and being foolish do not necessarily go side by side indeed, cpt obvious, but you're clearly in over your head and in the foolish xtian category. I really can't be bothered with stating the obvious so............

kudos
Re: Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time. by IanDiamonds: 3:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
wiegraf:

being xtian and being foolish do not necessarily go side by side indeed, cpt obvious, but you're clearly in over your head and in the foolish xtian category. so............

kudos
wiegraf:

being xtian and being foolish do not necessarily go side by side indeed, cpt obvious, but you're clearly in over your head and in the foolish xtian category. I really can't be bothered with stating the obvious so............

kudos

While you we're so quick to show how silly/slow you are you even stutter while you type..
Your post reminds me of this phrase "When you're out of words to say, start insultin' your opponent"
Reminds me of a certain lovely picture, dont know if I can find it, but I'll be sure to paste it when I do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

45 People To Die Today You Will See It On CNN Now - TB Joshua / My Prophecy About The End Of Atheism Still Very Much On Course 3 Months Later / Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 479
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.