Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,196 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup (10000 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) / Your Worst And Best Moment On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by balash(m): 7:01am On Dec 16, 2014
What weird experience did u encounter while growingup?

A friend wanted to teach me how to hold a one sound knockout without throwing it away not knowing it was actually 3 sound.

Immedietely the first one sounded, In his Ego ways he dipped the rest in his pocket and immedietely 2 more sound occured inside his pocket.. I was inside my house watching tom and jerry haha.. Share yours

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by rawpadgin(m): 7:18am On Dec 16, 2014
I was an expert in it, never had any awful experience
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by yuncka: 7:47am On Dec 16, 2014
I was an expert back den. But I had enough one awful day.

I have just mastered holding the stick while it explodes. And I was about to try it again.

I lit the stick and raised it up into the air, just then the powdry substance dat ignites the banger fell on my neck still hot. Out of reflex I let go of the banger stick. I could see the stick falling in slow-mo....and as it got on the same level wit my ears, BoOm! It went...

I saw stars and many celestial beings all at once. I became deaf for some minutes. Although that didn't stop me from holding the damn thing while it explodes...but dat was d last xmas, I lost intrest in the stuff.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by ellechrystal(f): 12:03pm On Dec 16, 2014
Oh Lord terrible. I rem when I first handled knockout..
Nna I didn't know how it worked o. I went to d church n after service in d evening I n my brothers planned to scare some children. They did theirs successfully. My turn I lighted it n held it there very scared . When I heard d first bang on my hand I just flung it didn't know an old woman was passing by n it git into her head scarf she ran n almost fell down. I took to my heels o.

10 Likes

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by holatin(m): 12:03pm On Dec 16, 2014
Mine was so bad.

I bough four sound while going to school, n my way back home, there is some drizzling, I just light one then raise it up,unknown to me some drop of run drop in the lighted banger, d four sound just sound together with an ear deafening sound gbooooooh and lo the two finger holding the banger tore, fingernail of both finger ejected from its place.

men dat day will never erase from my memory.
the wound pain me for close to a month even that make me hate banger for a long time.

*will modify later

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by lanxlot(m): 12:04pm On Dec 16, 2014
My own na 2 de use frnds as targets.....midnyt 24th Or 31st....badt sha. Or 2 de throw d tin in d midst of pple. bad xperienx 4 dem nt 4 me. I go try repent dix year sha......God willing.
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by Bugsy09(m): 12:04pm On Dec 16, 2014
balash:
What weird experience did u encounter while growingup?

A friend wanted to teach me how to hold a one sound knockout without throwing it away not knowing it was actually 3 sound.

Immedietely the first one sounded, In his Ego ways he dipped the rest in his pocket and immedietely 2 more sound occured inside his pocket.. I was inside my house watching tom and jerry haha.. Share yours
space booked for future comment
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by Maczeelly(m): 12:04pm On Dec 16, 2014
A lot of experience

Where will I start now
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by yorke1: 12:04pm On Dec 16, 2014
No memory
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by Francon(f): 12:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
I love those tiny green sticks they call 16 rounds (those ones held with a rope)

Way back in school, during the burn fire night, it was all fun till the day someone threw in banger from a school fence and it blew on my leg. The pains and agony made me stop it.

I had a sad one when I threw one into my neighbour's compound and on d day he caught me, he lit different knockouts and place them all around me to know how it feels

I now hate it with passion. Though I buy them for kids around me to have fun with.

1 Like

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by Akbee(m): 12:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
she was arround n i wanted her to feel me.
i lighted the knock0ut(a six round banger) n never bothered to throw it away.
the first bang came,the second....tl the fourth.i was just abt to beat my chest when the remaining rounds came all at once..i stl have the scars in the belle cos dats where it ditched it out of fear...
the sound of mum's whip on the back stl resounds in my ear..
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by Nmeri17: 12:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
no worst/best experiences please. smiley it was for the wild uncultured ruffians in my street. I never joined them wink
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by lanxlot(m): 12:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
yuncka:
I was an expert back den. But I had enough one awful day.

I have just mastered holding the stick while it explodes. And I was about to try it again.

I lit the stick and raised it up into the air, just then the powdry substance dat ignites the banger fell on my neck still hot. Out of reflex I let go of the banger stick. I could see the stick falling in slow-mo....and as it got on the same level wit my ears, BoOm! It went...

I saw stars and many celestial beings all at once. I became deaf for some minutes. Although that didn't stop me from holding the damn thing while it explodes...but dat was d last xmas, I lost intrest in the stuff.
lol, who say xperienx is nt d best teacher? I dnt bliv it is, but it helps at tyms.

1 Like

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by chiibekee(f): 12:06pm On Dec 16, 2014
The only bad experience I had was starving myself so that I can save enough money for my fireworks on xmas. Thanks God no ulcer developed.

1 Like

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by Whizzdom(m): 12:06pm On Dec 16, 2014
Only Nigeria ruffians make fireworks .... we don't do such in France ....

France is a smooth and lovely place to be .... no ruffians children like in Nigeria grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by Janiobi(m): 12:06pm On Dec 16, 2014
I blew a girl named Zenab a knockout and before I could even tell her sorry, the news don reach my papa ear. And my papa nah soldier man. I no need to tell una watin follow next but the next day, nah hospital me wake up...I hate that grl till today

3 Likes

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by TheRealCoolHunK: 12:06pm On Dec 16, 2014
My parents never permitted me to play with explosives. And I'm not mad at them for it. Fine boys don't need scars.
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by MrTeymee(m): 12:07pm On Dec 16, 2014
Oh I threw a lotta banger back then. I used to pride myself in holding it self. I coud hold 6sound back then a major feat lool. We used to light 6sounds and put it in a bottle sef. New year morning, we and d house opposite always did banger fight. Used to be mad fun men.....
My worst experience would be when I and a friend wanted to do what we used to call 'Kissing' back then. It simply entails lighting a banger from an already lit banger instead of using matches. We used to do it like every time. On that fateful day, his was lit and I was trying to light mine as usual. Unfortunately, mine refused to light up. We kept trying hopin twas gonna light and before you know it, his already lit banger exploded. His fingers busted that day omo see blood. As for me, I couldn't hear well for the next 2weeks. Twas like d angels in heaven were singing in my ears for dat 2weeks. D sound was more like 'OoooooOo'.....lool

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by okiezman(m): 12:08pm On Dec 16, 2014
Omo 2 rounds of banger scatter my finger while trying to hold it to blow 1 and I throw it away with my hand, but lo and behold it happened asap and pieces ma 2 thumbs Omo see blood I cried shege but that was then now we don pass knockout na

2 Likes

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by lanxlot(m): 12:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
Nmeri17:
no worst/best experiences please. smiley it was for the wild uncultured ruffians in my street. I never joined them wink
haba!!! u'av insulted many pple indirectly, including My humble proud sef.

1 Like

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
That one with 7 sounds that looks like a pencil..... I put it in a bottle and the bottle broke embarassed
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by lekhane(m): 12:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
Those days, banger was one of the reasons I look forward to the new year eve cos it always promises to be fun. There use to be a challenge between my compound and the next compound. The compound who succeeds in chasing members of the other compound inside with bangers wins. It used to be fun, great fun. But now no more!!! *sobs
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by naijaboiy: 12:10pm On Dec 16, 2014
MarthaK:
J
J For Jonathan Goodluck undecided
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by kevoh(m): 12:10pm On Dec 16, 2014
Got knocked on my forehead by that long one with 8 bangs. Had the scar for like 2 years before it cleared.

2 Likes

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by illicit(m): 12:10pm On Dec 16, 2014
Dis my first n last time handling banger, funny tin is it wasnt d knockout dat injured me, it was ....matches? U remember that xmas during Abacha era? when Diya, Adisa n co were imprisoned, it was dat same year cos i remember watching them at trial on tv every evening wit my dad while i recuperated. my friends had bought a little knockout, one sound, this one has a single short thread in it like candles, dat was b4 dey did d present one dat u strike like matchsticks on its packets body, dis one u gat to light it 4rm an open flame like u lit a candle n then u throw it. My friends had no matches so i tiptoed into our kitchen to borrow matches as my sisters were cooking xmas food, i picked it n ran, my sister called after me and i ran faster, she would av stopped me frm going dat day, as the time was getting toward my curfew... i opened the gate n attempted to enter street when a lower part of d gate caught my leg and i tripped, i fell wholeface down into the concrete culvert, i must have passed out, i lost all my front milk teeth and i got a swollen sour mouth for d nwt months, i got so sick that d xmas food looked like shi.t to me... I didnt know iow i was rescued or revived i just woke at night btween my dad n mum in dia bed. No one ate anytin that xmas but dem eat new year food o, my sisters laughed me cos they share my food everyday till i got well like 3 months later, they do serve mine even tho i cant eat, i drank just water n pap all dis while, i had never touched banger since den o

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by darepoju(m): 12:11pm On Dec 16, 2014
experienced alpt don't even know where to start from....#teambangerboys..

was blowing it one certain time...
then we used to like have 2 or teams....so we usually light it... and after the first and second sound .... we trow it at the opposing guys... if these other guys are smart enough. one of them could just pick it up and quickly trow it back...

well ! that faithful 1st Jan.. ur boy here thought he is smart enough...loooo and behold upon picking it up...just at my face level...it went....BENG.!

U KNOW WAT HAPPENED..... I SAW STARS...THAT SOUND KEPT REVERBERATING AS IF NA IRON JAM IRON FOR MY EAR
.. HORRIBLE AND FUNNY
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by dridowu: 12:11pm On Dec 16, 2014
Then it was 2 sound, forming a big boy @ age 7-8, after lighting it, i now stand on it, dn d rest is cry cry cry cry cry until i got tired
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by jennybright(f): 12:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
Our dog was disturbing so much on that 25th afternoon when one of our neighbor came and throw one banger to the dog. The dog took off and came back after two hours we even taught he won't come back. I can't stop laughing because the dog didn't disturbed again.

3 Likes

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by sarutobie(m): 12:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
a mischievous imp back in my junior secondary school days put a three rounds knockout inside my boxers......I still don't know who did that..what didnt kill or maim my junior, only made him stronger.

4 Likes

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
Sai buhari

1 Like

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by MysticZeus: 12:14pm On Dec 16, 2014
I usually do spend all of My savings on Fire Crackers!

That's My own weird experience gringringrin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo Declares Thursday A Public Holiday For Coronation Of The Crown Prince / Give Away For 10 People Affected By Covid-19 / What Has Nairaland Taught You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.