Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup (9986 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) / Your Worst And Best Moment On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by debonairprinx(m): 1:36pm On Dec 16, 2014
Francon:
I love those tiny green sticks they call 16 rounds (those ones held with a rope)

Way back in school, during the burn fire night, it was all fun till the day someone threw in banger from a school fence and it blew on my leg. The pains and agony made me stop it.

I had a sad one when I threw one into my neighbour's compound and on d day he caught me, he lit different knockouts and place them all around me to know how it feels

I now hate it with passion. Though I buy them for kids around me to have fun with.
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
knockout war.......we were winning.. all of a sudden iur opponent gruop brought out a pursue pursue.....intead of pointin into the air they pointed it to us......my brodaly nd sisterly none of us wait o....
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by Kingbilo(m): 1:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
We were in my home town house for Christmas and new year. My uncle had set up fireworks to light up the sky on new years Eve at the center of out family compound. The pyrotechnics went smoothly until one firework bent back at a 90 degree angle and headed towards the house. It flew just a few feet past my grandmother and into the kitchen (note the kitchen had 2 gas cylinders in it for Christmas cooking) where is exploded and light up the house like a Christmas tree. Luckily nothing caught fire. Needless to say that was the last time we every saw fireworks in the village again lol
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by since1914(m): 1:59pm On Dec 16, 2014
I still remember an incident that happened several years ago, at about '95 or thereabout. We had just moved into our newly completed house in a new neighbourhood, and we were one of the few families living in that area at the time. At Christmas, we had a full house because my cousins and family friends came visiting, so we were grounded and asked not to leave the house.

We went to play in front of our main gate, and started throwing bangers across the street, then some of the dry grasses caught fire and start burning, there were about four very large plots of land directly opposite ours that were overgrown with weeds. Some had uncompleted buildings and a handful of makeshift structures on them. We all watched helplessly as the fire raced through the dry grass and headed for the makeshift houses on the plot. The fire was so thick that you could barely see anything, people came from all over the neighbourhood came to help put out the fire; the crowd and the ensuing commotion made it all look like a riot scene. By the time the fire was brought under control, it had burnt all the grasses in sight and blackened all the uncompleted buildings in its path.

We were so petrified, I tried to cry but couldn't shed any tear. Miraculous, we were not punished for that incident even when far lesser misdemeanours had earned us heavy punishments in the past. I guess my folks were also shaken by the incident. Since that day, till today none of us had touched banger, even the sound of it today scares me.
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by slightlyMad(f): 2:03pm On Dec 16, 2014
while i was young, i bought a pack of rocket with report
the type you stick in the ground.

over time, i gathered courage to light it up in my hand then release it.

so one day i lit it and ran off, so the time it takes to burn relative to the gps position of a lady walking into the line of fire got me worried.
and lo. my fear came true.
the rocket flew straight to her neck and boom.

i ran inside and trust that she followed me, i was like no one will believe cos there really wasnt any evidence
that was how she showed the spot on her neck

she reported to an elderly man who liked me (i was so pretty, everyone loved me). he just joked about it and never reported me. grin

1 Like

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
Back then in da bronx,a teens xmas party was underway and we needed our neighbors cadilac to drift down with lotsa firecrackers or and we needed gas..well we scooped gas around and i was the one who sucked in thru a rubber pipe..minutes later we were trying out da firecrackers and i remember da playful brad lit one close to my face and boooom! da fumes still coming outta my lungs n throat n nose got ignited and for about 10 seconds i felt this burning heat within! Party was over n da county sherriff consficated all da crackers save for da goddamm popcorn cracko crackers....

2 Likes

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 16, 2014
when I tied it to my pric after been dared
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by okiezman(m): 2:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
MrTeymee:

U no hold am well. Na d tip u go hold, banger no dey blow finish. Na only one short green 1sound like dat dem no dey hold. That one full body dey blow

I hear am dat day
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by DaBullIT(m): 2:43pm On Dec 16, 2014
98 or 99 not sure , Just bought a new kito sandals , I'm sure most people here know that brand, after kito was treckers , anyways , flaunting my new kito , heading to church or was it school , someone threw a three sound at me , the excitement was too much I thought i'd step on it to fall the thrower's hand .....and I did. Next thing was gbohaaaa , gbolaaaaa , pau , the third sound muffled pau sound felt like hell in my foot , that pain was so much , so I took my brand new sandal off , lo and behold. There was this gaping hole under my bàtà odún , thats what made me cry , not the feet that tore and already swollen grin

Went to church year before the last , flaunting this imported true religion three quarter , kanked it with timbolo and a nice shirt , as usual , there wasn't space in the church , I had to stay outside for the new year's 7 halleluyahs indicating new year ( after drinking like 6 black bullets and lots of McDowell that is grin)

There was frenzy at 23:59 , everybody was lighting 7 sounds ( that long one) Devil just took over those steewpied boys outside , instead of pointing the damn thing upwards , they were pointing in direction of people .

From the corner of my eyes ( sporadic sounds from banger explosion filled the air , thick smoke and smell of burning gas everywhere ) I though I spied a light blazing towards me so I shifted to turn around , I was retuned back to reality when something hot was burning my left thigh less than 2 inches from power house , instinctively I started jumping and dusting my 3/4 lucky for me , the flame dropped and went off gbosaaaaaaaaaaaa. I ran into the church like I was being pursued by evil spirits , on getting in the fully lighted church auditorium , my boxers was showing , my three quarter was burnt , I stayed inside for a couple more minutes

There was this area bros who bought everything new for new year , he wasn't so lucky , the banger tore his clothes , tore his singlet and tore his belly too ! Though it was not deep ,but it was a major wound ! I can't help but imagine what would be my fate now if that explosive head that hit me actually exploded close to my scrotum at the power house ?

Oh and please don't believe it cos I'm not planning on uploading any pictures grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by DaBullIT(m): 2:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
englishmart:
about 9years, my uncle sent me to get him cigarette. So, I bought it and put it in the same pocket I put the banger.
Unfortunately, I gave him the banger instead of the cigarette. He was so drunk that he didn't even notice the difference. Booom it went. The alcohol cleared from his eyes immediately. Then he was rushed to the hospital

grin angry grin grin. You can lie o !!!!!! I've always imagined stuffs like that too anyways. , good one !
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2014
slightlyMad:
while i was young...

she reported to an elderly man who liked me (i was so pretty, everyone loved me). he just joked about it and never reported me. grin

gush! I like pretty girls oh!grin

1 Like

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by Awesomeking: 3:27pm On Dec 16, 2014
Nmeri17:
no worst/best experiences please. smiley it was for the wild uncultured ruffians in my street. I never joined them wink
same situation with me,i just watch them from a distance,am one of those look,laugh and walk away kinda dudes.
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by donbenie(m): 3:46pm On Dec 16, 2014
Still remembered a funny incidence that occurred when I was younger,I was with a friend and a group of older boys were throwing Knockout..one of the lighted Banger was thrown towards us,my friend rushed the thing o,stepped on it to diffuse the light and quickly pocketed the Knockout..hahaha..lo and behold the next thing we heard was.. gboozaa!!the tore a mighty hole in his shirt pocket..
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by abdullkabar(m): 4:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
A friend of mine wanted to scare me with banger but me being a fearless guy stood there looking at him before i no my guy don shook the burning head for my belle,it burnt tru my cloth nd left this weird make on my skin......my parents never knew,if not,the marks for plenty ehn
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by nebukadnezzari(m): 5:25pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ok i was 24 den i bought these really expensive ralph lauren shirts n i was wearing my favourite one. Just boucing back from ma girls house with lipstick stains on my lips n shirt wink as i was getting to my house, i saw my mischievious cousins already lighting away the fireworks i told them not to take without letting me come back first(big ass rocket types) i didnt even scold dem. I joined them with too much happiness in my system having in mind what just went down. So one of them planted the biggest rocket into the ground a little to firmly n he lit d stuff. We were just waiting for it to take off n explode in the sky. Lo and behold it didnt it was gonna blow on the ground where it was planted. We all scurried off in every possible direction like sewer rats before the big bang. Luck not being on my side i ran into police men, was chased and caught like a criminal had to tear my shirt to break free. I came back to the house looking like i was chased by a pack of wolves. Ps: i was caught in front of my exes house. Her bro made fun of me like the jerk he normally is
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
My mum bot some with disco lights hoping to sell them that Xmas period. She kept them under her pillow. As a curious guy now I wanted to know whats there.
I went into the room and brot one pack out, I was like what kind of disco light is this, I must c how dis one work, I lit it and held it on my hand, broses the next thing I c my self for chemist. Xmas no sweet for me again as I was in pains all through with a huge bandage on my right hand.
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by lizbum(f): 6:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
MrTeymee:

Don't tell me u never threw a banger

I don't even know how it feels
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by MrTeymee(m): 6:42pm On Dec 16, 2014
lizbum:

I don't even know how it feels
You gotta be kidding! Not even disco light(ina olorun) ?
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by lizbum(f): 7:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
MrTeymee:

You gotta be kidding! Not even disco light(ina olorun) ?

Ofcourse av done disco light...am sure d feeling is diffrnt
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by Danniscott(m): 8:38pm On Dec 16, 2014
My crazy brother lighted 3sound and threw it inside the boxers of a friend.....Omo come see dance. D fear of death..He was beaten up seriously for taking a risk with someone's life.
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by MrTeymee(m): 8:51pm On Dec 16, 2014
lizbum:

Ofcourse av done disco light...am sure d feeling is diffrnt
Yeah it is. Feels more adventurous and dangerous... Better late than never tho wah'd u think
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by lizbum(f): 9:51pm On Dec 16, 2014
MrTeymee:

Yeah it is. Feels more adventurous and dangerous... Better late than never tho wah'd u think

Hahah am not sure am ever going to be able to dare dat adventure
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by Nobody: 11:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
One awful experience is when I lit the knock out and it sparked immediately leaving me temporarily deaf for about 10 minits #annoying_day
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by MrTeymee(m): 7:56am On Dec 17, 2014
lizbum:

Hahah am not sure am ever going to be able to dare dat adventure
Bet why? Not even just once? C'mon
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by lizbum(f): 8:06am On Dec 17, 2014
MrTeymee:

Bet wh
y? Not even just once? C'mon

Nada!
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by MrTeymee(m): 8:10am On Dec 17, 2014
lizbum:

Nada!
Too bad sad
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
My WORST banger experience was mistakenly lighting one inside the house during a burial,cos the banger dropped from my fingers and voila......The beating that day was like *Hell better sef*..All the mourners shock,thinking armed robbers came cos the house re-sounded it........Also a Thunderclap firecracker aka Rocket fell from my hands d 1st day I shot it and Omo d thing scatter my legs.......Lool!!!
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by balash(m): 6:41am On Dec 18, 2014
LongShadow:
My WORST banger experience was mistakenly lighting one inside the house during a burial,cos the banger dropped from my fingers and voila......The beating that day was like *Hell better sef*..All the mourners shock,thinking armed robbers came cos the house re-sounded it........Also a Thunderclap firecracker aka Rocket fell from my hands d 1st day I shot it and Omo d thing scatter my legs.......Lool!!!

Alakoba! u want make corpse standup run abbi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Poster Would You Like To Meet? And What Would You Ask Him/her? / Edo Declares Thursday A Public Holiday For Coronation Of The Crown Prince / The Interesting Culture Of The Xingu Tribe In Brazil (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.