Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,682 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup (10005 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) / Your Worst And Best Moment On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by consultancy: 12:14pm On Dec 16, 2014
it was yuletide mor dan 12 years ago (n jus as yuncka sed, we took delight in holdin d stick while it exploded), i held a 3 bang cracker n waited for d first n second bang to go off b4 flinging it off. unfortunately for me, after d first went off, second n 3rd went off simultaneously, given me no chance to throw it. i screamed in pains as i felt my heart beat in my palms. my parents n relations rushed out,givin me slaps ontop of d accident i jus had. few hours later, ma thumb doubled in size n was red. dat was d end of banger for me dat xmas

3 Likes

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by treasuress: 12:14pm On Dec 16, 2014
when i tried holding the sticks, the thing exploded powder in my face mehn, babes dey dere so i bone, then ears started ringing , onnneeeeeeeeseeeeeeeeesse lolss

1 Like

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by tolustx(m): 12:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
No weird experiences. It was fun all d way
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by MrTeymee(m): 12:17pm On Dec 16, 2014
okiezman:
Omo 2 rounds of banger scatter my finger while trying to hold it to blow 1 and I throw it away with my hand, but lo and behold it happened asap and pieces ma 2 thumbs Omo see blood I cried shege but that was then now we don pass knockout na
U no hold am well. Na d tip u go hold, banger no dey blow finish. Na only one short green 1sound like dat dem no dey hold. That one full body dey blow
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by MrTeymee(m): 12:19pm On Dec 16, 2014
lekhane:
Those days, banger was one of the reasons I look forward to the new year eve cos it always promises to be fun. There use to be a challenge between my compound and the next compound. The compound who succeeds in chasing members of the other compound inside with bangers wins. It used to be fun, great fun. But now no more!!! *sobs
Are you sure we aint neighbours? *sobbing too
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by Whizzdom(m): 12:20pm On Dec 16, 2014
TheRealCoolHunK:
My parents never permitted me to play with explosives. And I'm not mad at them for it. Fine boys don't need scars.

HMMM .... you wey scar don demolish ya body grin grin grin
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 16, 2014
After cross-over night mass(catholic church service) in the church premises, one of bangers they threw entered my turnover trouser(Christmas cloth) and i never noticed till it blew off!

It was horrible! destroyed my trouser and i was also wounded......
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by vizkiz: 12:22pm On Dec 16, 2014
just here to read lies comments

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by iwriterng(m): 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2014
On Christmas eve, my neighbour's daughter got hit by the fireworks stuff, her entire body got peeled off that year, cos she's just a toddler. I felt sorry for the family. I have no personal experience though.
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by tochman(m): 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2014
My worst experience was the first dat I ever lit a knock out. That day, a close friend of mine gave me stick of knock out. A single round. Don't forget that a single round has the most powerful bang. So I decided to light it. As soon as I lit it I threw it on the floor and the next thing I saw was smoke and that was all. I had no idea that was the way it works and that a single round takes more time before going off. So I went towards the knockout and picked the stick up. The next thing I heard was BOOOOM.... Followed by nweeeeeeee..... That was all I could hear. The knockout gave me injuries all over, even nose bleed. Men... After that day, even to hold d tin to sound dey fear me. If I light d tin throway... Shikena

2 Likes

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by paleo(m): 12:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
don't want to remember my experience.

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by Whizzdom(m): 12:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
consultancy:
it was yuletide mor dan 12 years ago (n jus as yuncka sed, we took delight in holdin d stick while it exploded), i held a 3 bang cracker n waited for d first n second bang to go off b4 flinging it off. unfortunately for me, after d first went off, second n 3rd went off simultaneously, given me no chance to throw it. i screamed in pains as i felt my heart beat in my palms. my parents n relations rushed out,given me slaps ontop of d accident i jus had. few hours later, ma thumb doubled in size n was red. dats was d end of banger for me dat xmas

My broda ... That wudn't say you wudn't blow anoda banger the nxt day ...Nigerians are jus unique grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by yurme(m): 12:26pm On Dec 16, 2014
Lol
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by lizbum(f): 12:26pm On Dec 16, 2014
I can't fit stop laughing grin be like say most guys get experience wit knockout
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:35pm On Dec 16, 2014
We call them crickets here....they used to terrorize us with them a lot, my mother never allowed us to have them @ home.

But just last Christmas my niece and his buddies had some fun, my drunk cousin helped them ignite one they call Volcano

We thought the thing hadn't caught fire when he held it in his hand, the explosion had me running inside the house, the next thing he said was "Damn I blew my fingers off!"

He ran away, got caught by the security guard @ the gate, the thumb, the index finger and the middle fingers were hanging on some pieces of skin. We rushed him to the hospital, he had to have surgery the following day. Now he has 3fingers left on one hand.

Things got banned from the whole family....worst year end of my life

2 Likes

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by englishmart(m): 12:35pm On Dec 16, 2014
about 9years, my uncle sent me to get him cigarette. So, I bought it and put it in the same pocket I put the banger.
Unfortunately, I gave him the banger instead of the cigarette. He was so drunk that he didn't even notice the difference. Booom it went. The alcohol cleared from his eyes immediately. Then he was rushed to the hospital

7 Likes

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 16, 2014
[img]http://allecoallende.files./2008/03/einstein_baby1.jpg[/img]

Well as a young Einstein, I've always been prone to creativity and fueled by a love for research; What if this? What if that?

Soooo it's no shocker that I would carry this love of research into the realm of childish play, knockouts inclusive:

Time and Date: A summer evening, 6:30p.m, Year 2002.

Premise: Our group of eager scientist set out to create the first indigenous rocket made right in our very backyard. We indeed would be able to boast of being the first Nigerians to send a rat of similar smaller creature to space, pending of course, the outcome of the test flight of our unmanned vessel.

Materials and Infrastructure:

This would serve as the propellant for our unmanned craft, with each firecracker disembarking back to earth upon complete combustion

Our choice of materials for our unmanned vessel narrowed down to your tried and truested milo can.

Outcome:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by kwencypresh(f): 12:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
most of my clothes have poka dot bcus of banger,,,i n my frnd will b havin fun throwin it @ each oda

D last one ws wen i wanted to do a supergirl, i lit it never knew my cousin gave me 3 sounds banger.gbooooooooooooo came d first, second wen i heard d d third one i tot my finger will never b restored
Mmmmmm since den i sound of it scares me
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by adexsimply(m): 12:46pm On Dec 16, 2014
Oh, I hate those things with passion!! It was on New Year's Eve, I was around 5 years old. We were all in the sitting room and my mum was holding my 1 year old sis. I can't really explain what happened apart from seeing a flare come in through the opened louvre and my mum trying to shake something off her laps. Alas, she was too late as the silly stuff exploded and made a very ugly gash just behind my sis' right ear angry angry
I've never held any knockout in my life
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by cupidhero(m): 12:48pm On Dec 16, 2014
I was highly skilled with the one round banger and was the C O of the knockout squad for two Xmas in my neighbourhood many years ago. My bad experience was when an older neighbour put a banger into my shorts and it exploded inside my pockets burning my thighs, my folks banned me from such activities after the incident.
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by cupidhero(m): 12:51pm On Dec 16, 2014
englishmart:
about 9years, my uncle sent me to get him cigarette. So, I bought it and put it in the same pocket I put the banger.
Unfortunately, I gave him the banger instead of the cigarette. He was so drunk that he didn't even notice the difference. Booom it went. The alcohol cleared from his eyes immediately. Then he was rushed to the hospital
FSE# Is your life a movie or what? nice try!
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by killercute16(m): 12:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
MrTeymee:
Oh I threw a lotta banger back then. I used to pride myself in holding it self. I coud hold 6sound back then a major feat lool. We used to light 6sounds and put it in a bottle sef. New year morning, we and d house opposite always did banger fight. Used to be mad fun men.....
My worst experience would be when I and a friend wanted to do what we used to call 'Kissing' back then. It simply entails lighting a banger from an already lit banger instead of using matches. We used to do it like every time. On that fateful day, his was lit and I was trying to light mine as usual. Unfortunately, mine refused to light up. We kept trying hopin twas gonna light and before you know it, his already lit banger exploded. His fingers busted that day omo see blood. As for me, I couldn't hear well for the next 2weeks. Twas like d angels in heaven were singing in my ears for dat 2weeks. D sound was more like 'OoooooOo'.....lool
funny and crazy
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by olagockay(m): 12:56pm On Dec 16, 2014
Lmao at some comments. Pop never allowed me. I envy ya'll though
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by killercute16(m): 1:02pm On Dec 16, 2014
tochman:
My worst experience was the first dat I ever lit a knock out. That day, a close friend of mine gave me stick of knock out. A single round. Don't forget that a single round has the most powerful bang. So I decided to light it. As soon as I lit it I threw it on the floor and the next thing I saw was smoke and that was all. I had no idea that was the way it works and that a single round takes more time before going off. So I went towards the knockout and picked the stick up. The next thing I heard was BOOOOM.... Followed by nweeeeeeee..... That was all I could hear. The knockout gave me injuries all over, even nose bleed. Men... After that day, even to hold d tin to sound dey fear me. If I light d tin throway... Shikena
Buhahahahahahahaha.
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by MrTeymee(m): 1:02pm On Dec 16, 2014
lizbum:
I can't fit stop laughing grin be like say most guys get experience wit knockout
Don't tell me u never threw a banger
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by bigiyaro(m): 1:04pm On Dec 16, 2014
I remember when I nearly blew off my blockos with banger. This particular night boys in the neighborhood gathered as usual, doing their thing, after enough forming, i threw a banger stick (d very fat and loud type) boom! Louder than the rest, yeah! my head just dey swell, not all boys can afford that type of banger. I threw another one and we braced ourselves for the bang, then nothing, after about 3 seconds still no bang, so i just pick up the banger stick put it right inside my hip pocket, i was preparing to ignite another one and all of a sudden, boom! To cut long story short, I wore wrapper on Xmas day with a bandage between my upper thigh n my blockos.

8 Likes

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by pweetixandy: 1:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
lanxlot:
My own na 2 de use frnds as targets.....midnyt 24th Or 31st....badt sha. Or 2 de throw d tin in d midst of pple. bad xperienx 4 dem nt 4 me. I go try repent dix year sha......God willing.
so u are one of those who throw banger in d midst of people...stop it pls
Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by killercute16(m): 1:10pm On Dec 16, 2014
bigiyaro:
I remember when I nearly blew off my blockos with banger. This particular night boys in the neighborhood gathered as usual, doing their thing, after enough forming, i threw a banger stick (d very fat and loud type) boom! Louder than the rest, yeah! my head just dey swell, not all boys can afford that type of banger. I threw another one and we braced ourselves for the bang, then nothing, after about 3 seconds still no bang, so i just pick up the banger stick put it right inside my hip pocket, i was preparing to ignite another one and all of a sudden, boom! To cut long story short, I wore wrapper on Xmas day with a bandage between my upper thigh n my blockos.
unskilled terrorist angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by bigiyaro(m): 1:14pm On Dec 16, 2014
killercute16:
unskilled terrorist angry
sadist! Can't imagine an aass-hole with a name like killer cute, calling someone else a terrorist. Guy carry ur depressed soul comot from here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Worst/weird Experience With Knockout(banger) While Growingup by debonairprinx(m): 1:36pm On Dec 16, 2014
Francon:
I love those tiny green sticks they call 16 rounds (those ones held with a rope)

Way back in school, during the burn fire night, it was all fun till the day someone threw in banger from a school fence and it blew on my leg. The pains and agony made me stop it.

I had a sad one when I threw one into my neighbour's compound and on d day he caught me, he lit different knockouts and place them all around me to know how it feels

I now hate it with passion. Though I buy them for kids around me to have fun with.
Best punishment ever. smiley
Francon:
I love those tiny green sticks they call 16 rounds (those ones held with a rope)

Way back in school, during the burn fire night, it was all fun till the day someone threw in banger from a school fence and it blew on my leg. The pains and agony made me stop it.

I had a sad one when I threw one into my neighbour's compound and on d day he caught me, he lit different knockouts and place them all around me to know how it feels

I now hate it with passion. Though I buy them for kids around me to have fun with.
Best punishment ever.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Has Nairaland Taught You? / snazzydawn - About Me / Which Market Is The Biggest Market In West Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.