Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,817 members, 7,956,085 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:14 AM

My Personal CDS Report (NYSC) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Personal CDS Report (NYSC) (6983 Views)

Personal Cds Proposal Sample Please / NYSC Personal CDS Projects By Ayokanmi Oyeyemi / How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Personal CDS Report (NYSC) by olalekan1(m): 11:22am On Dec 16, 2014
Fellow Nigerians, corps members and nairalanders, permit me to give you a report of a Personal Community Development Service I embarked on during my service year in Owerri Imo State under the platform of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
It is expected of every corps members to think of how their presence can be of benefit to their host community, this coupled with the passion and joy I derived in sharing knowledge to individuals and most especially Children, I organised a children empowerment program titled "Empower The Children (ETC)" with the following objectives:
1. To support the efforts of the governments in the area of youth empowerment programs.
2. To contribute my own quota to the development of my hosting community.
3. To transfer basic knowledge in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to the children.
4. To be Productive during the service year.
5. To lay foundation for an empowerment program.
The ETC program covers the following training modules as related to Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
Module I: Introduction to Computer and Computer Engineering
Module II: Data Processing and Desktop Publishing
Module III: Internet Access and Connectivity
The program commenced on 01/08/2014 at Emekuku High School, Owerri North Imo State where its introduction day was dedicated Late Dr. Nelson Mandela as a way of educating the children on the kind of humanitarian life Mr. Mandela lived (see pictures below and at www.mandeladay.com/actions/entry/mr25 or www.facebook.com/empowerthechildreninitiative)
This program was proudly sponsored by Fisher Foundation for Sustainable Development in Africa situated at No. 5 Musa Yara'dua Drive Off PortHarcourt Road Owerri, Imo State (www.fisherfoundationafrica.org). Fisher provided fund for the production of training materials on each training modules and other logistics (please note that these training materials were distributed to the serious and interested students free of charge).
At the end of the program, I was able to transfer the following ICT knowledge to the children:
1. How to use the computer
2. How to identify basic components of a computer system
3. How to assemble a computer system from scratch
4. How to install an operating system like Windows XP (Steps and guidelines)
5. Functions of Application Packages and how to install them
6. Functions of Computer Peripherals and how to use them
7. Computer Maintenance and troubleshooting
8. Computer Security
9. Typing of Letters (Formal and Informal) and Proposals using Microsoft Word Application.
10. Statistical and Financial Analyses using Microsoft Excel Application.
11. Designing of posters, fliers, complimentary cards using CorelDraw Application.
12. How to establish internet connection with mobile phones and modems
13. How to use the internet to register for an E-mail address
14. How to use the internet to check for latest news
15. How to use Google to search for information
16. Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) Computer Based Testing (CBT) Template: Having heard of latest development of using the CBT platform for UTME instead of the Paper Based Testing (PBT) as it use to be, I obtained UTME CBT software and use it to prepare the students for any Computer Based Examination they might come across in future. This software contains past JAMB questions and answers. This received tremendous applause from the students and the principal of the school.
Thank you very much for reading this. I will really appreciate you good people can encourage me more by liking the program facebook page at www.facebook.com/empowerthechildreninitiative.
I will also appreciate if the moderators can help me to move this to the frontpage so that other individuals and corps members can learn or grab one or two things from this. Thank you all.
Signed: Alamutu Olalekan S. (IM/14A/1240)

1 Share

Re: My Personal CDS Report (NYSC) by olalekan1(m): 11:35am On Dec 16, 2014
More Pictures

1 Share

Re: My Personal CDS Report (NYSC) by olalekan1(m): 11:39am On Dec 16, 2014
More pictures

1 Share

Re: My Personal CDS Report (NYSC) by Kikyben2(f): 5:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
Kudos, you did a great job.

1 Like

Re: My Personal CDS Report (NYSC) by olalekan1(m): 8:26pm On Dec 16, 2014
Kikyben2:
Kudos, you did a great job.
thanks. I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: My Personal CDS Report (NYSC) by suyamasta(m): 1:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
@OP Nice one!!!
Re: My Personal CDS Report (NYSC) by olalekan1(m): 1:18pm On Dec 19, 2014
suyamasta:
@OP Nice one!!!
thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: My Personal CDS Report (NYSC) by suyamasta(m): 6:56pm On Dec 19, 2014
olalekan1:

thanks bro.
u are welcome bro!
Re: My Personal CDS Report (NYSC) by edorhe14(m): 1:55pm On Jan 04, 2015
That's nice to hear pal. I am a corp member serving in owerri as well and also the Sports cds president.
God bless u

1 Like

Re: My Personal CDS Report (NYSC) by BobbyCRUTECH(m): 12:27am On Jan 05, 2015
Nice one OP, but if I may ask u, can a group of corpers group themselves for a project apart from the normal cds group?

1 Like

Re: My Personal CDS Report (NYSC) by olalekan1(m): 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2015
edorhe14:
That's nice to hear pal. I am a corp member serving in owerri as well and also the Sports cds president.
God bless u
Thanks Bro. God bless you too.
Re: My Personal CDS Report (NYSC) by olalekan1(m): 5:14pm On Jan 09, 2015
BobbyCRUTECH:
Nice one OP, but if I may ask u, can a group of corpers group themselves for a project apart from the normal cds group?
Yes you can but you must seek approval from the state coodinator through your Local and Zonal Inspectors. The approval is for individual/group personal community development service. Hope I have answered your question?

(1) (Reply)

A Comic NYSC Call Up Letter / 2013 NYSC Batch C: Oyo State. / Latest On NYSC Batch A 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.