Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

About December25th In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About December25th In The Bible (6444 Views)

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / About December25th In The Bible. / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 16, 2014
We are approaching december 25th, and a lot of debate(s) would be flying around on why christians shouldn't celebrate christmas because it isn't biblical and that date was/is being used to celebrate pagan deity.

The argument is mostly coming from; atheist- Using it make Christians see that they ain't obeying their scriptures, and would end up in hell fire- if their fairy tale biblical account were to be true.

Muslim- to show christians how they're contradicting their holy scriptures using self-appraisal- they know bible more than them(us).

Jehovah witness- to show that they are the best christians.....and some christian faith that don't share Catholic view about december 25th being the birth of our lord Jesus Christ.

But, they are all wrong. undecided
They would resort in asking us to provide a biblical proof to support it, making us to know it's a day for the worshiping the roman gods.

My question is; Does it mean that Satan or whatever god, specially owns that date and we shouldn't use it. We are to avoid any day/date, huh? Atleast, he(God/Jesus) made all things by himself and gave us command over it. I don't see why it should cause a fuss.

This verse would be of help when someone throws the question towards you.
I'm just using thir avenue to help some ignorant Christians who find it hard defending their faith. undecided
JEREMIAH 52:31-33[
31. Now it came to pass in the thirty-seventh year of the captivity of jehoiachin king of judah, in the twelfth month, on the twelfth-fifth day of the month that Evil-merodach king of babylon, in the first year of his reign, lifted up the head of jehoiachin king of judah and brought him out of prison.
32. And he spoke kindly to him and gave him a more prominent seat than those of the kings who were with him in babylon.
33. So jehoiachin changed from his prison garments and he ate bread regulary before the king all the days of his life

The above^^^, is a biblical proof of how December 25th was used to celebrate the victory of King jehoiachin after his release from the prison.

What does it symbolise?

Answer- 25th of December should be used to celebrate the birth of "king of the universe"- Yes! Jesus is our saviour.

Celebrate your Christmas and don't forget to devour all the fowls in your neighbourhood. cheesy

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: About December25th In The Bible by CAPTIVATOR: 9:04pm On Dec 16, 2014
the love of jollof rice and chicken !!!!

@ francistony ..... Show us the scripture that says Jesus apostles celebrate " christmas" ??

1 Like

Re: About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 16, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

@ francistony ..... Show us the scripture that says Jesus apostles celebrate " christmas" ??
Lol. Was all their activities mentioned?

You mean if I decide to wake up tomorrow and start using a particular date/month to celebrate anything for Jesus, it would be a sin because apostles didn't do it.

By the way, I'm a Catholic not a protestant--I don't believe in Sola biblica/scriptural.
-2 Thess2:15;, Paul told us to hold steadsfast to our oral tradition taught to us from mouth to mouth.

2 Likes

Re: About December25th In The Bible by CAPTIVATOR: 9:43pm On Dec 16, 2014
FrancisTony:

Lol. Was all their activities mentioned?

You mean if I decide to wake up tomorrow and start using a particular date/month to celebrate anything for Jesus, it would be a sin because apostles didn't do it.

By the way, I'm a Catholic not a protestant--I don't believe in Sola biblica/scriptural.
-2 Thess2:15;, Paul told us to hold steadsfast to our oral tradition taught to us from mouth to mouth.
DO U KNOW ?

Jesus NEVER command them to celebrate his birth on a particular date ! the Apostles never did such a celebration! Its clear, Christmas is never one of the traditions taught among them .

2 Likes

Re: About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 16, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

DO U KNOW ?

Jesus NEVER command them to celebrate his birth on a particular date ! the Apostles never did such a celebration! Its clear, Christmas is never one of the traditions taught among them .
I repeat once again, "I don't believe in sola scriptural".

I have provided a biblical proof for Christmas--counter it. I don't care if it was recorded or not.

2 Likes

Re: About December25th In The Bible by misshoree(f): 10:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

so yu trying to say the celebration of christmas is wrong right
Re: About December25th In The Bible by herald9: 10:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
FrancisTony:

I have provided a biblical proof for Christmas--counter it. I don't care if it was recorded or not.

Do Christians base their beliefs in the Bible or on traditional reasoning?

This is why I keep saying Catholicism is a religion on it's own.

4 Likes

Re: About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 16, 2014
herald9:

Do Christians base their beliefs in the Bible or on traditional reasoning?

This is why I keep saying Catholicism is a religion on it's own.
2 Thess2:15 Paul advised us to keep believing in oral tradition.

I believe in Bible and Oral tradition.

Sola biblica is devilish doctrine introduced by Martin Luther.

2 Likes

Re: About December25th In The Bible by malvisguy212: 11:31pm On Dec 16, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

DO U KNOW ?

biblical evidence prove as God send the angels to announce the birth of jesus ,there was great joy in heaven,they celebrate birth of jesus;

Luke2:13-14 '' Suddenly a great company of the
heavenly host
appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
“Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor
rests.”

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About December25th In The Bible by SegunFlames(m): 11:45pm On Dec 16, 2014
malvisguy212:
biblical evidence prove as God send the angels to announce the birth of jesus ,there was great joy in heaven,they celebrate birth of jesus;

heavenly host
“Glory to God in the highest heaven,
rests.”

Said it all
1000 likes cool

1 Like

Re: About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 1:37am On Dec 17, 2014
Christmas is nothing but a pagan rite brought to the christians by the heretic doctrines of the roman catholic church which was ordained by a set of wicked men of the church of ephesus in A.D 439. Christmas has no root in the bible but rather promotes violence worldliness and immorality as this supposed Christ birthday is celebrated by sinners that dont know the definition of salvation from sin

1 Like

Re: About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 5:45am On Dec 17, 2014
ProphetUdeme:
Christmas is nothing but a pagan rite brought to the christians by the heretic doctrines of the roman catholic church which was ordained by a set of wicked men of the church of ephesus in A.D 439. Christmas has no root in the bible but rather promotes violence worldliness and immorality as this supposed Christ birthday is celebrated by sinners that dont know the definition of salvation from sin
Debunk my OP biblical quote and stop ranting. undecided

3 Likes

Re: About December25th In The Bible by CAPTIVATOR: 7:18am On Dec 17, 2014
malvisguy212:

heavenly host

Glory to God in the highest heaven,
rests.”

. Fact 1 : THIS scripture never said they were celebrating " christmas" ! It says They were Praising God in the heavens !

. Fact 2 : The scripture never said those angels are repeating this year after year ! Like apostate churches are doing today .

. Fact 3 : Those Angels were not feastin with jollof rice and chicken as did today !!

. Fact 4 : Jesus is no longer a baby !!

. Fact 5: The apostles document this event, yet they never mis - interprete it as uv done to back a pagan dec 25 celebration

1 Like

Re: About December25th In The Bible by CAPTIVATOR: 7:30am On Dec 17, 2014
misshoree:
so yu trying to say the celebration of christmas is wrong right

U said so

Jesus told and command us " to PREACH " !!

Jesus told us And Command Us to REMEMBER " His Death" !!

Jesus NEVER told us to celebrate his birth !!! Haba ... He himself NEVER did his birthday durin his ministry on earth !

2 Likes

Re: About December25th In The Bible by CAPTIVATOR: 7:53am On Dec 17, 2014
FrancisTony:

Am NOT askin u to believe in sola- scriptural

Jesus said : ' ... Observe the things I HAVE COMMANDED YOU ' Matt 28:20

Did Jesus command christmas ??
Re: About December25th In The Bible by malvisguy212: 7:56am On Dec 17, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

. Fact 1 : THIS scripture never said they were celebrating " christmas" ! It says They were Praising God in the heavens !

. Fact 2 : The scripture never said those angels are repeating this year after year ! Like apostate churches are doing today .

. Fact 3 : Those Angels were not feastin with jollof rice and chicken as did today !!

. Fact 5: The apostles document this event, yet they never mis - interprete it as uv done to back a pagan dec 25 celebration
when you say God way of celebration,you don't expect the bible to say the angels were eating and drinking, praising God is another way of celebration.

Romans 14:5-6
5 One person considers one day more sacred than
another; another considers every day alike. Each of
them should be fully convinced in their own mind.6
Whoever regards one day as special does so to the
Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for
they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does
so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

What this verse is saying is that;if you chose a day for celebration or worship God,you do it for God and that day is holy,if you eat meat or the jollof rice( as you called it) as long as you eat it because you are happy for the Lord doing,then it not wrong.

1 Like

Re: About December25th In The Bible by CAPTIVATOR: 8:03am On Dec 17, 2014
malvisguy212:
when you say God way of celebration,you don't expect the bible to say the angels were eating and drinking, praising God is another way of celebration.

What this verse is saying is that;if you chose a day for celebration or worship God,you do it for God and that day is holy,if you eat meat or the jollof rice( as you called it) as long as you eat it because you are happy for the Lord doing,then it not wrong.

Choose a day! Fine ... Imagine somone lickin a sweet PICKED from the gutter ! Can u ? Its disgusting , DEC 25 was picked from a pagan celebration ! Dirty background
Re: About December25th In The Bible by vest(m): 8:10am On Dec 17, 2014
malvisguy212:

yes oh
Re: About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 17, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

20: "teaching them to observe all things I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the age".

The bolded says that he's always with us, even at now. He didn't mean what he taught them mouth to mouth but inspired us to do.

By the way, I posted biblical quote for December 25th celebration at the OP.

Debunk it, and stop ranting. smiley
Re: About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 17, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

Choose a day! Fine ... Imagine somone lickin a sweet PICKED from the gutter ! Can u ? Its disgusting , DEC 25 was picked from a pagan celebration ! Dirty background
1) God created all days.

2) Jesus ate with sinners.

3) December25th is the appropriate date for Jesus celebration to outshine pagan deity.

4) I supported december25th celebration with biblical proof.
Re: About December25th In The Bible by CAPTIVATOR: 8:40am On Dec 17, 2014
FrancisTony:

20: "teaching them to observe all things I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the age".

of course , BUT am happy u agreed that Christ Himself NEVER Command " christmas celebration" !!!

By the way, I posted biblical quote for December 25th celebration at the OP.
Debunk it, and stop ranting. smiley

Unlike king Jeohachin ..... Jesus was not born on December 25 !!!
Re: About December25th In The Bible by malvisguy212: 8:44am On Dec 17, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

what if sunday 25 of december arrive,because a god's is being born that day,we shuldnt go to church that day? The op even give a biblical verse that supported 25 december.

I have read many articles about a deity being born 25 december, but they Lord knows were my heart is. Christianity will always has enemy no matter how good and kind it is.
Re: About December25th In The Bible by malvisguy212: 8:46am On Dec 17, 2014
vest:
yes oh
Amen.

As funny as it may seen, I have even read an article that say ''amen'' is a pagan word. Very funny
Re: About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 17, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

Unlike king Jeohachin ..... Jesus was not born on December 25 !!!
Jesus birth wasn't specified.

December25th was chosen; To outweigh the pagan deity celebration which was gaining stand.

At least, there's a biblical proof about december 25th celebration whenever pagan deity whatever is brought up.
Re: About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 17, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

thank u brother. This quite agrees with my post... Sinners also celebrate christmas to show that it is a pagan festival
Re: About December25th In The Bible by vest(m): 9:16am On Dec 17, 2014
malvisguy212:
Amen.

As funny as it may seen, I have even read an article that say ''amen'' is a pagan word. Very funny
nt only that even the virgin birth of christ some one here on N.L no longer blive it happen bcose pagans ve a simillar story to it! who know next he wil D9 may baptism because some pagans also do sometin similar. NONSENS
Re: About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 17, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

Did Jesus command you should be on Nl ?

If not then what are you doing here? undecided
Re: About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 17, 2014
ProphetUdeme:
thank u brother. This quite agrees with my post... Sinners also celebrate christmas to show that it is a pagan festival
-Jesus celebrated and ate with sinners.

-The way sinners celebrate their own shouldn't define mine. smiley
Re: About December25th In The Bible by OfficialNAWE: 10:41am On Dec 17, 2014
Elantracey:

Lol...
Elantracey...It's been a long time...I've missed you ooo
Re: About December25th In The Bible by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 17, 2014
OfficialNAWE:

Lol...
Elantracey...It's been a long time...I've missed you ooo

oga dive I've missed you too , how are you doing na
Re: About December25th In The Bible by CAPTIVATOR: 11:59am On Dec 17, 2014
FrancisTony:

1) God created all days.

Fine
2) Jesus ate with sinners.
He did BUT NOT WHEN PAGAN CELEBRATION IS INVOLVE ! HE didnt attend King Herod's Birthday Party

3) December25th is the appropriate date for Jesus celebration to outshine pagan deity.
oh no wonder ! Both celebrations are filled with ' brazen conduct , wild parties, overdrinking, lust ' 1pet 4:3

I supported december25th celebration with biblical proof.

someone was released from prison ! So what does Jeohachin prison release have to with Christ Man Made Date Set On December 25
Re: About December25th In The Bible by CAPTIVATOR: 12:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
Elantracey:

Jesus christ whom we are discussin is a bible character !!! Is Seun osewa a Bible Character ??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Efun Native Chalk Medicine Preparation In My Shrine (video) / If The Writers Of Adam And Eve Were Honest / Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.