Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,587 members, 7,955,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:27 PM

Is Assisted Suicide In The Event Of A Terminal Disease Right Or Wrong? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Assisted Suicide In The Event Of A Terminal Disease Right Or Wrong? (701 Views)

Dignitas - Assisted Suicide Clinic / Story Of Zach Sobiech: A Terminal Cancer Patient / Breast Cancer The Ultimate Terminal Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Assisted Suicide In The Event Of A Terminal Disease Right Or Wrong? by yemisblog(f): 5:18am On Dec 17, 2014
I was watching a debate on TV about this topic and I got confused at the end of the day . My opinion used to be that rather than sending the dying off to assisted suicide ,especially when they are not in serious physical pains, we can let them know that they matter , that they are not a burden to us and finally, that we value them and their presence instead of just letting go with an act of despair. Anyways, they were able to argue it out that assisted suicide is necessary especially in the events of final stages of various cancers and brain deaths. I just want to know what other people think?

Assisted suicide is suicide committed with the aid of another person, sometimes a physician. The term is often used interchangeably with physician-assisted suicide (PAS), which involves a doctor "knowingly and intentionally providing a person with the knowledge or means or both required to commit suicide, including counselling about lethal doses of drugs, prescribing such lethal doses or supplying the drugs.

Re: Is Assisted Suicide In The Event Of A Terminal Disease Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 5:41am On Dec 17, 2014
If you ever had a friend in pain, whose death according to doctors is certain, you'll see assisted suicide as a blessing in disguise.

But the rate at which this peeps are moving to legalise euthanasia
is something else.. they go as far Netherlands, Switzerland; just to kill themselves legally when absolutely nothing is wrong with them.

At the end, I think the choice of death shouldn't be man's
Re: Is Assisted Suicide In The Event Of A Terminal Disease Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 17, 2014
This is a truly sensitive topic, I'm pro-life so I'm definitely against this. I believe that death should be allowed to come naturally. We'll always have pro-life and pro-choice, just make peace with things you can't change and move on smiley

(1) (Reply)

Lovely Supplements Every Man Should Take / Nairaland Doctors Help / Are You Suffering From Any Of The Following Ailments?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.