Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,327 members, 7,957,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:42 PM

Message To My In-laws - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Message To My In-laws (509 Views)

Atiku Abubakar’s American In-laws Arrive Nigeria For Wedding In Yola. See Photos / There’s No Madness In Our Family – Chime’s In-laws / Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau’s In-laws Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Message To My In-laws by MayorofLagos(m): 3:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
When we go to the polls in 2015 to select our next President, geopolitically, we will be looking at the combination of NW/SW and SS/NW.

In its formation stage when terms were under negotiation to merge opposition parties I remember Tinubu inferring, in interview by Vanguard, that it is true the North did not complete its term when YarAdua died but the VP is endorsed by law to assume the vacant post. He said the fact we lived by the rule of law and sworn in Jonathan as the President was a credit to our political maturity.

He then went further to say that we must break from our old prejudices and embrace a new dynamics, it is a new era of unity to see a minority in the Presidency, and we must not forget there are three major ethnic groups.....it is time we rally together and support the emergence of an Igbo at the top.

He declared the new alliance they were forming recognises the geopolitical rotation and the SE must have a key position on their platform.

So here are my thoughts.....

1. Why did Ibo leaders not merge APGA into APC?

2. Since formation APC has won elections in SW, NW, SS, NE, NC......why has APC not win any electoral contest in Iboland?

3. Why do Ibo leaders portray APC has its enemy?

4. Ibo leaders issued a public statement and ordered all its Presidential candidates to stand down for Jonathan. They called on all Ibos to stand faithfully behind Jonsthan.

5. So were Ibo leaders asleep when Jonathan picked Sambo for his VP in 2015? Why did they not negotiate their solid support behind PDP on the emergence of an Iboman as VP to Jonathan in 2015?

If Ibo leaders had any vision, and instead of trying to convince the world that Lagos is a no man's land and Yorubas are amala and ewedu eaters.....if they would just focus on what is truly important to their children and ethnicity, in 2015 we would have been heading to the polls with this combination...... NW/SE for APC and SS/SE for PDP.
Re: Message To My In-laws by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 17, 2014
What are you saying? Mtscheeew!
Re: Message To My In-laws by tit(f): 4:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
berem:

you are a tribalist bigot too.
keep running with that pack.
Re: Message To My In-laws by MayorofLagos(m): 7:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
berem:

Im saying with APC going for NW/SW (Buhari/Osibanjo) and PDP also going for SS/NW (Jonathan/Sambo), what guarantees do Ibos have of a handover of power from Jonathan to them in 2019?

The time to handover power to Ibo is now! They should call for a review of the PDP platform and demand that Sambo step down for an Ibo VP for 2015. So that it will be SS/SE in 2015 on the PDP side.

If you project the candidates against the background of Nigerian politics you can be sure that if PDP win in 2015, then Sambo, not an Iboman, will be stepping in 2019 as President.

So where is the benefit of Ibo telling its citizens to step down and not compete against Jonathan?

It doesnt look like we will get an Ibo president in the next 30yrs. My inlaws are not playing this game well atall and it gives me headache.

(1) (Reply)

Akpabio, Jang, Imoke, Suswam, Others Donate N1billion To PDP While Owing Workers / Illegal Road Block By Police Men / Airasia Jet Missing On Way To Singapore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.