Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Death Trap:nigerians Risking Their Lives On Expressway(pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Death Trap:nigerians Risking Their Lives On Expressway(pics) (775 Views)

Pics Of Nigerians Risking Their Lives Crossing Flooded Oluyole Bridge In Ibadan / N59bn Abuja Airport Expressway Becoming A Death Trap (Pics) / Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death Trap:nigerians Risking Their Lives On Expressway(pics) by Nigeriawhichway(m): 5:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
This has been irritating me for quite a long time now, been postponing this message till ages ,not until I past same location today. The rate of recklessness displayed by the masses and the government is so alarming.
Its is about a major highway (Enugu Onitsha Express Way) and a crossover bridge which cut across a very busy junction called "MCC JUNCTION" and connects Onitsha to Awada through Enugu Onitsha Express way.

It baffles me that our government could allow such busy road to be without flyover for ages, without the consideration of the thousands of people that risked their lives everyday to get over to and fro Awada and Onitsha.Finally the construction of the bridge across the "FOUR LANE" expressway kicked off about a year ago.

[size=14pt]My problems are; [/size]
1. why did the contractors not put in place security measures to reduce the rate of fatal accidents on the road? like putting notices here and there for over speeding vehicles to slow down ahead of a busy junction(not junction precisely).
2. Why is the construction of single cross over bridge taking ages to complete?
3. Why is the government overlooking practices that endangers the lives of the citizens?
4. Did the contractors and government not know that the bridge should be the prioritized ahead of the express way construction.
5. Why are we citizens act like we are not bothered by the state of things, even when our lives are in danger?

This is an express way cross over is notorious for ending people's lives en mass each time it happens. At least i have witnessed two occurrences in the month of July and August , I came at the scene few minutes it happened and saw few dead bodies lying dead,with others injured . I also learned that a van has taken some dead bodies away ,and would still come back to carry the remaining . All I could hear from the crowd that filled the express way was "Jesus Jesus Jesus" , and some other women crying, hence i had to bark back at few of them calling "Jesus Jesus" ;"Shut up! Jesus Jesus Jesus, is it Jesus that killed the dead? do you expect Jesus to raise them from death here? Will Jesus solve the problem here(which is completing the flyover)". I told them that if it were in western countries , the citizens would not waste time to carry the dead bodies to the government house or who ever that is in charge, blocked the express way, and would calm down until their government makes the flyover it's priority.

Our leaders, contractors and my fellow country men and women, let us wake up and make this great nation a habitable place.
We must not we wait until all of us are victims before our ghosts can move to make the changes we desire?
Bellow I have some clips to show you the extent of risk undertaken by your fellow citizens,

Modified:
I also Have Video Clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2Ry73cO5uQ

1 Share

Re: Death Trap:nigerians Risking Their Lives On Expressway(pics) by Onyegecha(f): 5:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
my dear, i have asked same questions o, but as usual, they are not accountable to us.
Re: Death Trap:nigerians Risking Their Lives On Expressway(pics) by sam4(m): 6:01pm On Dec 17, 2014
shocked
Re: Death Trap:nigerians Risking Their Lives On Expressway(pics) by otokx(m): 6:10pm On Dec 17, 2014
Come to CHOBA/UNIPORT junction along the East West road - its simply amazing.
Re: Death Trap:nigerians Risking Their Lives On Expressway(pics) by LOZENGE(m): 6:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
This is pathetic, may lives have been lost due to reckless attitude of the govt. Not just at the McC junction but at d upper iweka axis as well that place is a death. Trap. I recall vividly the tragic incident of 1996 in wch not fewer Dan 100 people lost their lives mostly students . Govt shld be alive to their civic responsibilities
Re: Death Trap:nigerians Risking Their Lives On Expressway(pics) by Nigeriawhichway(m): 7:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
Honestly am perplexed with this whole thing, I don't know how to go about this. I tried to get a flag for the Agboro guy that normally flags down vehicles for the pedestrians in the morning. Still I wonder how he manages to do that , with the rate at which vehicles speed on that express. I am going straight to the Facebook page of the contractors in charge to remind them what their priority should be.

Nigerians wake up!!

mods pls could you relocate this thread to front page?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Will South South Support South East When The Time Comes? / Don’t Leave PDP, Jonathan Begs Aggrieved Aspirants / Wikileaks Revelations About Jonathan’s Incompetence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.