Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 (10099 Views)

'Text' Received By Senators To Accompany Saraki To Corruption Trial - Sahara R. / Nigeria Lost Over N6.4 Trillion To Corruption-ridden NNPC Oil Sales – NRGI Repor / N2.92bn Fraud Rocks Police Schools - Cadets Fraudulently Underpaid For Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by asodeboyede(m): 6:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
Nigeria is synonymous to corruption!
Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by Orikinla(m): 6:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
[size=18pt]CORRUPTION IS NOT STEALING.
~ GEJ[/size] grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by litetias(m): 6:16pm On Dec 17, 2014
Amazing the lack of action from the civil liberties organisation in the face of such monumental corruption
Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 17, 2014

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 17, 2014
Obinoscopy:
And later someone will tell me corruption isn't stealing undecided

Nucca please. GEJ is fighting corruption like no man's business
Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
blood of Chisos shocked shocked shocked and am here drinking garri angry
Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by anonimi: 6:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
berem:
Can't wait for Buhari to take over next year!

Enough is enough!!

I know many of our dull fellow citizens like you would have missed out on this very important detail =>

However, in the 10-year period between 2003 and 2012, Nigeria was ranked 10th with a cumulative of $157.46billion, surpassing South Africa which was ranked 12th with a cumulative $122.14billion.

The average in the 10 years $15.746 each year, which compared to the reported $7.92bn is an improvement.

Is the improvement not in sync with what Transparency International reported that our country's corruption index globally has also improved from 144th to 136th
Can this be a manifestation of the SYSTEMATIC fight against corruption by the federal administration of Jonathan/Sambo that follows Law & Order as in any CIVILISED society even though slow but produces LASTING results?

Perhaps if we had not fallen for the CHEAP scam stories by the "opposition" and the labour union leaders looters we would also have done away with another corruption channel- fuel subsidy almost three years ago and by now be reaping the rewards of increased investment in our refineries with more EMPLOYMENT and greater TAX revenue for the federal government as well as the state and LGAs where the new private refineries would have been located.
But no we were too foolish to realise we were been taken for a ride by the sweet-talking, nothing-doing opposition politicians!

A similar operation was done in the fertiliser sector and our agricultural sector is booming because a SYSTEMATIC approach is better than the Ad-hoc media-sensation arrests with light sentences that hardly change our ATTITUDES and BEHAVIOUR towards corruption.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by theGonzalez: 6:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
#Change.

Nigeria has always been corrupt but this is the first time that corruption is driving the wheel of state,” Nwokobia said!! ??

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
Goodluck Jonathan should be charged to The Hague for crime against humanity towards Nigerians for the Economic-Terrorism he is allowing in the country. How does $7.92 billion disappear in one year?

We need to start a petition for this to happen,he should be given a maximum sentence with hard labour in Kirikiri Prison or jailed in The Hague after Mohammed Buhari takes over from him. We can't let him get away with this crime.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by Pontaboki: 6:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
Story forr the gods.Gej till Buhari coverts
theV0ice:
those ruling this nation are cruel, wicked, callous, heartless, lack conscience and empathy.

16 jobless youths died yet this colossal sum left this country just like that? yet someone is trying to explain the dichotomy between stealing and corruption.

see part of the report

''Frontline political activist, Chris Nwokobia, said that the report vindicates the position of former CBN governor, Sansui Lamido, that $20billion was missing from the coffers of the federal government.

According to Nwokobia, when Sanusi said that $20billion was not missing, many dismissed him as playing politics and he was harassed out of office.

“This report is only saying that what Sanusi said was correct. Nigeria has always been corrupt but this is the first time that corruption is driving the wheel of state,” Nwokobia said.
''

well, we will get a change and they'll be made to answer......someday no matter how long it takes

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by EdwinOse: 6:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
Lies sponsored by APC drug barons and rascally political criminals.

GEJ rules!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by ooshinibos: 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2014
Obinoscopy:
And later someone will tell me corruption isn't stealing undecided
and they will also say GEJ 2019 ...this people need a brain transplant

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by thaoriginator: 6:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
Thanks to Jonada'ft the GCFR of Corruption Republic!

Vote the guy out!

Vote GMB!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by theV0ice: 6:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
Pontaboki:
Story forr the gods.Gej till Buhari coverts

i understand you. buhari doesnt need to convert to rule nigeria. aso rock isn a religious arena. it for serious leaders who are not kleptomaniacs.

if you're one of those the report talked about, i advice you to amend your ways or run because the anti corruption brigade is coming and no pleas would be entertained

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by theGonzalez: 6:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
#Quote Prophet Ceah:

ceah:
Guys, I have being very quiet all this while, i think i just went into hibernating mode cos i did put alot aside to make sure the BB dream come true and as a result affected my business and so needed to put some things in shape, i think i am abit free now, i think we have a facebook group already, it's either we retain the name or change it slightly but i think the name should remain, we are looking even way upfront 2015, we can influence the decision of Buhari/Bakare to still join hands together and contest again, if the court issue didnt work out then we have enough time to work on the Grassroot development of CPC. I am predicting that by 2015: GEJ will still want to contest, alot will be left undone, the Igbo will feel betrayed and the leaders in the north will be careful at rigging. All the other Zone will be unhappy with Jonathan except SS cos he would have achieved nothing (i dont pray so) and most people will be angry and would want to look at the Man called Buhari (thinking why did this man contest 4 times) cos then nobody will believe in both PDP and any Saint produced by PDP. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by ochon: 6:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
Calculia:
Fake News from APC propaganda camp.

Nigeria is seeing more development under GEJ than any other Gov.

GEJ till 2015

When will you have sense?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
This americans are the ones encouraging stealing to distabalise our economy they are stil the one shouting money stolen. just pack away all those CIA stealing our crude oil Dr saTAN jona is just figurehead. mumu

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by robinsoncrosoe: 6:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
Nairaland belongs to apc

Very clear now
Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
Yes he has very big hand in terrists that massacred thousands of nigerians he is in collabo with the western gods
Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 17, 2014
robinsoncrosoe:
Nairaland belongs to apc

Very clear now
Always looking for people to blame for Goodluck Jonathan corruption.Let me list them for you:
Here are a list of corruption cases left hanging which has led to the loss of billions of dollars under this regime:
1) Mohammed Abacha N556 Billion case stopped
2)Refusal to investigate and prosecute the $553 million bribes collected by Nigerians officials in oil deal indicted by an Italian court in October 2014
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-2777505/Large-Enis-Nigerian-oil-deal-cash-went-bribes-Italian-prosecutors.html#ixzz3KsKGaN2U
3)Subsidy Scam of N2 thrillion naira
4)Farouk Lawan $600,000 bribe
5) Stella Oduah BMW Scandal
6)Diezanni Allison-Madueke fraudulent transfer of oil blocks to fronts like Kola Aluko who is using proceeds of our national assets to spend on Naomi Campbell and buy $1 million dollar champagnes.
http://ynaija.com/meet-the-nigerian-multi-millionaire-oil-tycoon-who-spent-lavishly-at-hollywood-star-leonardo-dicaprios-birthday-party-pictured/
http://saharareporters.com/2013/08/19/petroleum-minister-diezani-allison-madueke-accused-blowing-n2-billion-private-jets
http://www.nigerianwatch.com/news/4844-efcc-asks-interpol-to-arrest-oil-magnate-who-fled-to-switzerland-with-politicians-cash-
7)Malabu Oil Deal
8 N60 Billion naira($384 million dollars) scam in Ministry of Agriculture for purchase and handing of 10 million Phones to rural farmers by Lam Adesina Minister of Agriculture. We want to see the 10 million Nigerians farmers with the phones that were the beneficiares of this brazen contract to embezzle money.
http://www.ibtimes.com/why-nigerias-government-handing-out-10-million-free-mobile-phones-farmers-100315
9)Most expensive highway contract per kilometre through inflating Lagos-Ibadan expressway contract to the amount of N167 BILLION. Which is more than N1 Billion per kilometre.
10)Pardon of Diepriye Alamieyesegha
11)No single corruption conviction in 4 years
12)NNPC corruption mentioned by Sanusi Lamido over the missing $20 billion dollars. We all know NNPC is the biggest cesspool of corruption
13)"Stealing is not corruption".
14)N16 billion($85 million dollars) residence inflation of Vice President official lodge by crook Vice-President Namadi Sambo.
http://www.punchng.com/news/sambo-denies-hiking-vps-residence-cost/
15)Political Protection of wanted drug baron Buruji Kashamu wanted by US authorities for extradition. Who has a popular series running called "Orange is the new Black" based on his drug exploits while he lived in the US.Who by the way is currently running for Senate under PDP.
http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2014/12/07/kashamu-us-wanted-drug-baron-picks-pdp-senate-ticket/
16)Appointment of Anenih as Chairman of Nigeria Ports Authority.Known Ogboni member and notorius looter of the treasury.
17)Abdulrasheed Maina pension fraud of N24 billion. Who is still walking the streets as a free man

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by phantom(m): 6:45pm On Dec 17, 2014
anonimi:

I know many of our dull fellow citizens like you would have missed out on this very important detail =>

The average in the 10 years $15.746 each year, which compared to the reported $7.92bn is an improvement.

Is the improvement not in sync with what Transparency International reported that our country's corruption index globally has also improved from 144th to 136th
Can this be a manifestation of the SYSTEMATIC fight against corruption by the federal administration of Jonathan/Sambo that follows Law & Order as in any CIVILISED society even though slow but produces LASTING results?

Perhaps if we had not fallen for the CHEAP scam stories by the "opposition" and the labour union leaders looters we would also have done away with another corruption channel- fuel subsidy almost three years ago and by now be reaping the rewards of increased investment in our refineries with more EMPLOYMENT and greater TAX revenue for the federal government as well as the state and LGAs where the new private refineries would have been located.
But no we were too foolish to realise we were been taken for a ride by the sweet-talking, nothing-doing opposition politicians!

A similar operation was done in the fertiliser sector and our agricultural sector is booming because a SYSTEMATIC approach is better than the Ad-hoc media-sensation arrests with light sentences that hardly change our ATTITUDES and BEHAVIOUR towards corruption.

are you for real? shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by Gboliwe: 6:47pm On Dec 17, 2014
If Abacha is a saint according to the wicked extremist, I don't see how corruption equals to stealing. grin grin

@topic: Now if this is true, its a really huge one. Then again, I see an improvement from the figures of the previous years. Looks like we are gradually sealing the loop holes.
Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
phantom:

are you for real? shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin

He's mad!All Jonathan supporters are mental patients of Aro,their master is clueless,what did you expect of the followers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by greaterlove(m): 6:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
anonimi:

how do you intend to change the minds of people who only want to see negativity? They have already started screaming blue murder when the report is in the favor of the present administration. We have been recording an average of $15b now we have cut that by half and these folks see nothing good in this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
That time was exact time that curruption to hav got to its minimun but usa consumee him.
Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 17, 2014
Over N1 trillion illegally flowed out of Naija in ONE year shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by solara: 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
dhamstar:
I strongly believe APC is solely behind the publishing of this controversial report just to manipulate and paint Jonathan govt as a corrupt govt.

#GEJ till 2019

This 1 don Mad...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by zantama05(m): 6:56pm On Dec 17, 2014
we have already know it be more than that, and the man in asorok busy saying "stilling is not corruption" thief (barawo banza).

even 2015 is been sorry for dis man

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 17, 2014
zantama05:
we have already know it be more than that, and the man in asorok busy saying "stilling is not corruption" thief (barawo banza).

even 2015 is been sorry for dis man
seconded

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by easyelliot(m): 6:57pm On Dec 17, 2014
Honestly I think the number is low, with no independent organization autonomous enough to audit or check and balance our financial growth and prosperity, we are at the mercy of elected officials to tell us what our worth is and ask us to believe them cause they said so.

Let's not insult ourselves by thinking this administration is the most corrupt........

If a man stole 1000 naira today, does that make him more corrupt that another man who stole 500 naira yesterday......

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by solara: 6:59pm On Dec 17, 2014
aare07:
Wrong calculation. What of NNPC money?
GEJ must Go.

I bottle of Jackie for U!!! Tell them 2 post the bill 2 my office.... grin
Re: Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 by solara: 7:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
Anaskie:
$7.92bn? shocked

Sometimes I wonder how they come up with these figures.

Anyways, I hope they included the N1,500 that one stupid policeman collected from me last month because I was strolling in the night.

And also the N200 that one lady at the Ministry of Justice demanded from me before she could stamp my documents. angry

This is really funny... LOL... grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Zulum Suspends Four Borno Medical Doctors Over Absenteeism, Lying / IOCs Fear Collapse As FG Says N1.36tn Crude Stolen In 14 Months / Uzodimma: Onslaught Of Hoodlums In Imo Has Been Contained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.