Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 (1384 Views)

APC Conducts Mock Election To Pick Candidate For House Of Reps Speakership / Jonathan Has No Credible Opposition For 2015 / No Credible Political Ideology In Nigeria –– Don (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by NDprudent(m): 6:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
There has been a lot of ranting about the forthcoming presidential election. Whenever I pick up my phone to read posts or turn on my tv to watch programs, all I see is faces of these old men, and posts/talks about them, with some speaking in favour of the said "People's General" while many others are ready to die for the "incumbent man".

Sometimes I feel like crying when I think about the situations in the country (but I never did because I'm a strong dude)....a lot of situations are getting worse, those that are improving do so at an unreasonably slow pace. People who seem to b more powerful than our president keep arising and are causing havoc everywhere...what about the numerous deaths of innocent ppl? We should leave that for another day.

E get something wey dey pain me pass (sorry, I no dey blow grammar when I dey para), one old man wey dey approach 80yrs say him wan change the situation of my beloved country...this same man who based his leadership on corruption. I checked the list of most corrupt countries during his previous reigm and was dumbfounded. U might want to check it too. When I look at the people that surround this old man presently, I cry for my country (my strenght isn't enough to hold back the tears this time).

As you read u might wonder which of them I'm in support of...to put an end to the suspense, I'm interested in "NONE OF THEM". I'll only vote if I'm at gun point, and den the "incumbent man" will have my vote (he doesn't deserve it though), apart from that I see no reason to vote because there is no capable man yet. I wish a lot of people share thesame thoughts with me, but we all have rights to our different opinions (INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENCE). Truly, I wish we could just boycot this election till we get more credible candidates.

The incumbent man has a good heart but is just so soft to rule a country like Nigeria (maybe he'll do better in a places like cape verde and madagascar), his efforts will only b fraustrated by the more powerful, making us develope at the speed of a snail. On the other hand, some will say that the General is hard enough...but I say that guy is more of a monster and a religious freak. He'll take us backwards.

We have a lot of great individuals with great leadership qualities in this country, but why are they all silent? We have intelligent, brave and vibrtant youths, but what's holding us back from speaking our minds? I'll surely get the answers to these questions soon. A lot of people refused going through the stress of getting the voter's card for thesame reason I didn't get one- NO CREDIBLE CANDIDATE.

#we need a better Nigeria, we need better leaders, we need better people#
WE CAN ALL CONQUER EVIL BY DOING GOOD
*prudentnd*
Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by lilflipnerd: 7:08pm On Dec 17, 2014
Go pick form n contest na

1 Like

Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by seunlayi(m): 7:30pm On Dec 17, 2014
i just hope people will open their eyes that has been deemed by those advocating for changes. But i just hope another candidate can emerge from another party to defeat this two. without that, Gej us still my man

1 Like

Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by bodejohn(m): 8:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
@ OP, I will not attempt to defend any of the two leading aspirants but I will have to say not voting is a vote in itself.

Just like you, I am not particuarly enthusiastic to vote for any of the candidates but we must also realise that democracy just like justice is a really slow process.

We cannot in one breat frustrate the seemly good people who have come out to ask for our votes and then turn around and cry of not seeing credible candidates.

We need to prove only one point in the coming elections, that the power of democray belongs to the people. We can only do this by coming out to vote even if it is grudgingly.

We need to keep voting till the good people become encouraged to come and vie for elective posts.

1 Like

Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by personal59: 8:32pm On Dec 17, 2014
seunlayi:
i just hope people will open their eyes that has been deemed by those advocating for changes. But i just hope another candidate can emerge from another party to defeat this two. without that, Gej us still my man
U are part of d problem op is saying. "Gej is still ur man" all the thief calling dmsef contestant haba think now don't b bllind folded botth of them are jjust ass good as nothing.

Do u knw that FACC meeting was disrupt cos no one can account for d missing $1billion (not million naira o but billion dollar)

sentiments makes common sense scarce
and makes stupidity common.

1 Like

Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by NDprudent(m): 10:57pm On Dec 17, 2014
bodejohn:
@ OP, I will not attempt to defend any of the two leading aspirants but I will have to say not voting is a vote in itself.

Just like you, I am not particuarly enthusiastic to vote for any of the candidates but we must also realise that democracy just like justice is a really slow process.

We cannot in one breat frustrate the seemly good people who have come out to ask for our votes and then turn around and cry of not seeing credible candidates.

We need to prove only one point in the coming elections, that the power of democray belongs to the people. We can only do this by coming out to vote even if it is grudgingly.

We need to keep voting till the good people become encouraged to come and vie for elective posts.

I understant ur point, but I see it as "wrong" 2 vote for som1 that I can't come out openly to defend.

During the last general election I refused to vote 4 a friend of my dad's who was my towns man and an incumbent senator ( my dad even campaigned for him). I don't throw my votes away, so I hav nothing to regret eventually.

My main point in my post is dat we nid more credible candidates....nothing new will come out of these guys
Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by NDprudent(m): 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2014
lilflipnerd:

Yeah!!! Dats how they'll always respond.
I'll pick d form soon, wen we've kicked against dia age restriction shit dat makes dis old men play wit us.....m still a very young dude
Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by omenka(m): 11:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
lilflipnerd:
You beat me to this!!!

Mr Op, don't cry yet (since you said you feel like crying sometimes), save them tears and cry us a lagoon when Buhari and Osinbajo are sworn in Next year!!

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by NDprudent(m): 11:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
omenka:
You beat me to this!!!

Mr Op, don't cry yet (since you said you feel like crying sometimes), save them tears and cry us a lagoon when Buhari and Osinbajo are sworn in Next year!!

Thank you.

Ure welcome, I appreciate ur friendly advise. Y do u think he has been picking pastors 4 d past 8 yrs? He wants sentimental votes......every1 know dat RCCG is d most populated penticostal church in d country, but I sorry 4 dia members wey go vote out of sentiment.

If d dude wins, gud 4 him. Highest na water my eye go cry, e no fit cry blood
Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by omenka(m): 11:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
NDprudent:

Ure welcome, I appreciate ur friendly advise. Y do u think he has been picking pastors 4 d past 8 yrs? He wants sentimental votes......every1 know dat RCCG is d most populated penticostal church in d country, but I sorry 4 dia members wey go vote out of sentiment.

If d dude wins, gud 4 him. Highest na water my eye go cry, e no fit cry blood
Honestly I don't wanna keep a useless thread like this alive by commenting continuously on it. Now, what is wrong in choosing a pastor as a running mate?? Would you rather he chose an imam or your pops When Jonathan was busy running from one church to another, kneeling before pastors Adeboye of thesame RCCG and pastor Oyedepo of Living Faith, did you bother asking if he was seeking sympathy votes When he went banging his head against a wall in Jerusalem did you ask

You really have no case here son.

Goodnight.

1 Like

Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by thunderrider: 11:31pm On Dec 17, 2014
It is the sorry situation in which we found ourselves

Having to choose between two options where one is not better than the other
Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by NDprudent(m): 11:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
omenka:
Honestly I don't wanna keep a useless thread like this alive by commenting continuously on it. Now, what is wrong in choosing a pastor as a running mate?? Would you rather he chose an imam or your pops When Jonathan was busy running from one church to another, kneeling before pastors Adeboye of thesame RCCG and pastor Oyedepo of Living Faith, did you bother asking if he was seeking sympathy votes When he went banging his head against a wall in Jerusalem did you ask

Goodnight.

Yeah! Goodnight. Like I said, I'm not in support of any of them....they both hav very little 2 offer. We need more credible ppl and not ppl dat keep coming up wit deceptive strategies in other to win votes.

No b quarrel or campaign I come here for, just saying Nigerians nid 2 wake up.

Thanks
Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by NDprudent(m): 11:42pm On Dec 17, 2014
thunderrider:
It is the sorry situation in which we found ourselves

Having to choose between two options where one is not better than the other

A proof dat I aint talking nonsense. Like a poster said above, I wish a more credible candidate could just emerge 4rm anoda party and put an end to this shit.
Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by FastShipping: 11:43pm On Dec 17, 2014
omenka:

Goodnight.

You don't really understand the op. Don't be deceived by his rant. The op is voting for GEJ. When you hear people like op or saTAN says the two candidates are not good or when they say they are not voting........... it means they support the incumbent and want the status quo to continue. Sometimes you might hear them say devil you know is better than the devil you don't know. I have learned all their code words or phrases. The op is pained Buhari selected a pastor from the popular redeem church.

There are millions of people like the op who are in disarray tonight. They are in disarray because the prepared copy and paste they were to use have been dented by today's action from Buhari. They were hoping to go on rampage with their Muslim/Muslim ticket garbage. They were prepared to go on rampage with "Islamization" of Nigeria nonsense but disappointment was what they got at the end.

I can't wait to hear how FFK spins this tomorrow.

4 Likes

Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by Adminisher: 11:45pm On Dec 17, 2014
OP, you are a Jonathan supporter realizing that the election is lost and pretending to be an undecided to peel supporters away.

2 Likes

Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by Brimmie(m): 11:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
When the Preferred (Fashola) is not available, the Available (Buhari) becomes the preferred.

It's not as-if they are going to be Carrying Cement in Aso-Rock, or pushing Wheel-barrow.. So forget the rubbish talks about being Old or Not.

It's about Intelligence, something which the Incumbent Dumbfúck lacks!!

#PositiveChange

1 Like

Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by NDprudent(m): 11:58pm On Dec 17, 2014
So funny how ure trying to d my thinking 4 me, but unfortunately, u got d wrong dude. I'll be d biggest fool to b angry cos he got a "pastor" running mate...m a christain, bro.

The question here is y did he pick a pastor??

I like to think b4 I talk and dat was y dis question came up. 4 yrs ago he picked anoda pastor and I still ask y.

Na only pastors dey APC, or is he such a lover of pastors?

If u must knw, I not too interested in who emerges winner....m interested in a rapid change and like I said b4, GEJ CAN'T make that happen.
Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by FastShipping: 12:07am On Dec 18, 2014
NDprudent:
So funny how ure trying to d my thinking 4 me, but unfortunately, u got d wrong dude. I'll be d biggest fool to b angry cos he got a "pastor" running mate...m a christain, bro.

I like to think b4 I talk and dat was y dis question came up. 4 yrs ago he picked anoda pastor and I still ask y.

If u must knw, I not too interested in who emerges winner....m interested in a rapid change and like I said b4, GEJ CAN'T make that happen.

I can sense how pained you are for the fact that Buhari didn't pick a Muslim. You would have loved it if it were to be Muslim/Muslim ticket. You were ready to run wild with your "Islamization" nonsense but you were disappointed with today's action.

My advice to you is: sleep it off.

1 Like

Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by NDprudent(m): 12:41am On Dec 18, 2014
FastShipping:

I can sense how pained you are for the fact that Buhari didn't pick a Muslim. You would have loved it if it were to be Muslim/Muslim ticket. You were ready to run wild with your "Islamization" nonsense but you were disappointed with today's action.

My advice to you is: sleep it off.

Hahaha!! He already said goodnight, yet he wouldn't sleep it off.
Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by bodejohn(m): 7:24am On Dec 18, 2014
I think you guys should cut the OP some slack although he goofed by saying that Buhari has been picking pastors as running mates deviating from the very point of his thread.

On the flip side, it will do supporters of these leading candidates no good abusing and intentionally derailing each thread.

We need to see democracy as a process that all nigerians need to be part of. A process that will evolve into a system that is fair and self sustaining. Only then can we begin to see "good" people participating.
Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by theV0ice: 7:42am On Dec 18, 2014
NDprudent:

@ the bold, He didn't pick a pastor bro.....he picked a professor of law, a technocrat with years and wealth of experience in public administration who just happens to pastor a branch of the RCCG. Just like you can be a house fellowship leader in your church or a deacon

I Trust it's clear now?
Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by cocoduck: 7:56am On Dec 18, 2014
The simple answer is
TRUE FEDERALISM! TRUE FEDERALISM!! TRUE FEDERALISM!!!, it can never be overemphasized. Buahri will not prosecute the likes of BAT bola ahmed tinubu, nor kwankawsiokor and Atiku just as he set shagari free and jailed Alex ekwueme. That man is as corrupt as hell . For me i prefer GEJ than any person because of this TRUE FEDERALISM. At least he is the only one talking about the Confab and in the best position to implement the reports not Boko.hari
Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by bodejohn(m): 8:14am On Dec 18, 2014
cocoduck:
The simple answer is
TRUE FEDERALISM! TRUE FEDERALISM!! TRUE FEDERALISM!!!, it can never be overemphasized. Buahri will not prosecute the likes of BAT bola ahmed tinubu, nor kwankawsiokor and Atiku just as he set shagari free and jailed Alex ekwueme. That man is as corrupt as hell . For me i prefer GEJ than any person because of this TRUE FEDERALISM. At least he is the only one talking about the Confab and in the best position to implement the reports not Boko.hari

Just read what you posted and check the topic of the thread.

It is not only about calling people names. It is about making the political process more credible.

Even if your cndidate is credible, shouldnt it bother you that there are no other credible ones coming out to slug it out with him?
Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by theV0ice: 8:16am On Dec 18, 2014
cocoduck:
The simple answer is

was that really a confab? Even Abacha organised a confab, what was the result? it's self deceit that will make anybody believe GEJ has anything sensible to with the confab report. a confab whose resolutions is subject to ratification by the senate? who dominates the senate? is it not your famed enemy: the north? GEJ is now a part of the cabal benefiting from the mess called Nigeria and he'll not do anything to rock the boat.

the report will be discarded like all the other reports he's wasted govt funds on since he took office.

until an SNC with full powers is organised, any confab will always be a waste of time
Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by NDprudent(m): 12:35pm On Dec 18, 2014
Mayb I derailed a little from a thread I created, but that was bcause some buhari supporters made me do that...but I decided not 2 refer to that issue anymore.

My point is we nid more credible people to contest for political positions so that d masses can confidently cast their votes and know that they are responsible for whatever outcome it brings.

I felt bad when some1 wrote " since d desires (fashola) aint available, d available (buhari) becomes d desired......and that's exactly what our democracy is like nw...we only get d available, neva the desired.
Re: No Credible Presidential Candidate For 2015 by NDprudent(m): 12:41pm On Dec 18, 2014
Someone else also wrote" I just hope some1 could come 4rm anoda party and defeat these 2, but without dat GEJ is my man"

It goes a long way 2 show dat most of us aint convinced, yet we vote cos dats d available.

(1) (Reply)

Only Court Can Disqualify Buhari – INEC / How To Stop Corruption In Nigeria / BREAKING NEWS: French Police Kill Charlie Holdo Journalists Killers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.