Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,128 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Potholes In London... - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Potholes In London... (1951 Views)

British Govt Re-issues Arik Air's Landing Slots In London / Nigeria High Commision In London / How Much Does Typical Parttime Work Pay For Studnets In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Potholes In London... by knightsamsong(m): 9:29pm On Dec 17, 2014
I saw something very shocking while walking across a street around Bromley in London...potholes...

Re: Potholes In London... by laurel03(m): 9:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
is ds a pothole...? den what will u call 9ja own? potwell.. almost everywhere u go
Re: Potholes In London... by 2CatWoman: 9:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
Yes, the local council noticed the number of Nigerians in the area and in the name of diversity and social inclusion blah blah, they decided to implement a 'Nigerian non-maintainance culture programme' to make you feel at home. You are welcome!! grin

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Potholes In London... by Lexusgs430: 9:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
2CatWoman:
Yes, the local council noticed the number of Nigerians in the area and in the name of diversity and social inclusion blah blah, they decided to implement some 'Nigerian non-maintainance culture' to make you make you feel at home. You are welcome!! grin

South East without potholes, with its Nigerian Population, NEVER !!!!!!!!
On the flip side, Potholes are abound, even in SW7 !!!!!
Re: Potholes In London... by 2CatWoman: 9:59pm On Dec 17, 2014
Those ones don't even qualify as potholes, more like 'uneven surfacing' cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Potholes In London... by Amosiye: 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2014
And then........... London na heaven?........ There are even worse streets with drum holes.
Re: Potholes In London... by missdebs(f): 12:40am On Dec 18, 2014
if these are potholes, then what we have in naija are boreholes

5 Likes

Re: Potholes In London... by spanzed(m): 12:46am On Dec 18, 2014
And I thought all their roads are in good state....nonetheless it would be done in no due time not like my country here

1 Like

Re: Potholes In London... by Nobody: 3:32am On Dec 18, 2014
One of my friends got her car struts damaged by a pothole in Manchester. Well Manchester city council fixed her car free of charge. I doubt if that can be done in Nigeria.
Re: Potholes In London... by Nobody: 3:34am On Dec 18, 2014
Is far better than the road to Aso-rock.

If this is potholes,then ours should be called pot-bellies.
Re: Potholes In London... by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 18, 2014
knightsamsong:
I saw something very shocking while walking across a street around Bromley in London...potholes...
Is this the pothole ? Hahahaha...come lagos...see

1 Like

Re: Potholes In London... by feedthenation(m): 6:06pm On Dec 18, 2014
As in seriously, are these potholes compared to the giant craters we have on Nigerian roads during the rainy season.

1 Like

Re: Potholes In London... by Nobody: 4:22am On Dec 19, 2014
2CatWoman:
Yes, the local council noticed the number of Nigerians in the area and in the name of diversity and social inclusion blah blah, they decided to implement a 'Nigerian non-maintainance culture programme' to make you feel at home. You are welcome!! grin

*Dies* cheesy cheesy
Re: Potholes In London... by Lexusgs430: 4:53pm On Dec 23, 2014
Maintenance & Budgeting, unlike the Rat of Africa !!!

Re: Potholes In London... by 2CatWoman: 5:26pm On Dec 23, 2014
Please look out for the new 'lagos agbero bus drivers programme' cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FKHyGi4jz8
Re: Potholes In London... by iiiyyyk(m): 9:32pm On Dec 24, 2014
Hahaha
Re: Potholes In London... by aspirebig: 1:45pm On Dec 25, 2014
Yes it is,there can be potholes,but it will be fixed on time.

But op,come to areas like Ishaga in Lagos,parts of Ikorodu, Ajah, mofoluku, Ikeja inside.. Na potwell u go see...
Re: Potholes In London... by Vicjustice: 2:04pm On Dec 25, 2014
knightsamsong:
You don't just take a photo of an isolated neighbourhood suburb and generalise it as London, You have the responsibility to officially report the condition to the local authority, and trust me, they will be happy to send construction workers to repair it in no time.
You could have brought it to the attention of the local authority instead of trying to shame them here

1 Like

Re: Potholes In London... by claremont(m): 9:21pm On Dec 25, 2014
This thread reminds me that there is one pothole I always drive through to and fro from work. I have always had it in mind to take a picture of it and send to the local authority; and/or claim compensation from them for facilitating the express wearing away of my car tyres threads by willfully neglecting their public duty. grin

(1) (Reply)

My Wife UK Visit Application Under Consideration / Nigerians Speaking Diffrent European Languages.. / Travelling Across Nigeria As A Single Lady Part II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.