Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,759 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Nigeria High Commision In London - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria High Commision In London (11559 Views)

Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG / Fuel Subsidy Scam Protest:PROTEST ONGOING @ Nigeria High Commission..LIVE FEEDS / Nigeria High Commission, London: Matters Arising (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria High Commision In London by MontyNG(m): 8:02pm On Feb 22, 2010
Hello folks!

I've been given an appointment to renew my passport to the new one in the first week of April. I live far from london so I'll have to make my journey there and back on that day. Anyone know the opening times of the high commission! I need to book my ticket before the prices go up!

Thanks
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by segzeybaba(m): 9:02pm On Feb 22, 2010
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by VOR(m): 9:21pm On Feb 22, 2010
You are most unlikely to get your passport on the same day.
It takes about 7-10 days to collect after the initial appointment.
Also be prepared to spend about 4-6 hours during the initial appointment.
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by snowdrops(m): 11:07pm On Feb 22, 2010
MontyNG:

Hello folks!

I've been given an appointment to renew my passport to the new one in the first week of April. I live far from london so I'll have to make my journey there and back on that day. Anyone know the opening times of the high commission! I need to book my ticket before the prices go up!

Thanks
No need. Just send it by post, with a postal order payment and self addressed envelop with special delivery stamp. Its quite safe and you ll get it back in a week. Thats how i did mine.
More information on their website.
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by justwise(m): 11:16pm On Feb 22, 2010
snowdrops:

No need. Just send it by post, with a postal order payment and self addressed envelop with special delivery stamp. Its quite safe and you ll get it back in a week. Thats how i did mine.
More information on their website.

I thought that is only for people with british passport?
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by segzeybaba(m): 11:19pm On Feb 22, 2010
dnt mind snowdrops, he lives on downing street jo!

will the op post his fingerprints and head 4 digital passport, to be issued with new passport lol

grin
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by justwise(m): 11:29pm On Feb 22, 2010
segzeybaba:

dnt mind snowdrops, he lives on downing street jo!

will the op post[b] his fingerprints and head 4 digital passport, to be issued with new passport [/b] lol

grin

So true, totally 4got abt that.
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by snowdrops(m): 11:37pm On Feb 22, 2010
I renewed mine 2 years ago before the new one came out. I over looked that point that you want to renew to the new passport. In that case, you will need to be physically present.
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by joxiri: 11:41pm On Feb 22, 2010
poster
if you log in with your application id
theres a section on the left hand side where you can re-schedule your interview
I was given an interview date for may but I was able to re-schedule it for this week
so you can try that to bring it forward
unfortunately I cant find their opening times either
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by joxiri: 11:44pm On Feb 22, 2010
And pls does anyone know if the postal order is 50 quid or 20 quid cos i seem to be finding confliicting information
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by snowdrops(m): 11:56pm On Feb 22, 2010
joxiri:

And pls does anyone know if the postal order is 50 quid or 20 quid cos i seem to be finding confliicting information
I cant agree more. Best thing is to call the HC.
Usually after 10 minutes, someone will pick up. And from my experience and that of friends you are likely to speak with a lady, who comes across as rude, abrupt and unfriendly. Try and be patient, and eventually she will advice you accordingly.
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by joxiri: 12:03am On Feb 23, 2010
pls is there anyone who knows so I avoid calling and speaking to the lady, I ve tried calling it but no answer
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by segzeybaba(m): 12:29am On Feb 23, 2010
joxiri:

pls is there anyone who knows so I avoid calling and speaking to the lady, I ve tried calling it but no answer

its £20
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by joxiri: 12:32am On Feb 23, 2010
thank you
and their opening time
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by segzeybaba(m): 12:53am On Feb 23, 2010
joxiri:

thank you
and their opening time

grin grin grin

Do u think im nigerian high commissioner or what lol

should be normal working hours, 9-5 i think
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by joxiri: 1:22am On Feb 23, 2010
lol it wasnt directed at u only but anyone who knows their opening time
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by VOR(m): 11:01am On Feb 24, 2010
As for opening times, I think they open for applicants from around 09:30 but they stop
seeing new arrivals from around 1:00pm.
When I did mine in Janauary 2010 I got there about 11:30 and didn't leave till about 4:30pm.
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by joxiri: 11:55am On Feb 24, 2010
so you spent 4 hours there, thats long oh!
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by candylips(m): 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2010
that place always smells
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 24, 2010
Naija civil servants working from 9-5! most certainly not in the High Commissions
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by joxiri: 3:11pm On Feb 24, 2010
lol
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by kvolander: 4:06pm On Feb 26, 2010
Please, must one include a guarantor's letter and Local Govt certificate in the documents required for the interview?

I don't have these documents with me here.
I really need to know this before I make my application.

VOR:

As for opening times, I think they open for applicants from around 09:30 but they stop
seeing new arrivals from around 1:00pm.
When I did mine in Janauary 2010 I got there about 11:30 and didn't leave till about 4:30pm.

@VOR,
Please, Did u include those documents? What other supporting documents did you use that were not stated on their website?

Thanks for your advice.
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by joxiri: 4:25pm On Feb 26, 2010
i dont think you need to guarantor s documents, it does not say anything about that on the internet
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by DisGuy: 4:37pm On Feb 26, 2010
I think you will need a guarantors form filled in by a Nigerian citizen plus a photocopy of their passport

Don't know about local government letter, as long as you take evidence that you are a Nigerian

I got a replacement passport earlier this month; I just gave them loads of document to make up for the two I didn't take --the local government letter and the photocopy of my guarantors passport

For the interview I was asked what local government I was from ( i don't know)
what local government my dad was from ( i didn't know)
Then he asked what state I was born

Renewing your passport should be easier, go in the morning before 10am
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by kvolander: 4:38pm On Feb 26, 2010
joxiri:

i dont think you need to guarantor s documents, it does not say anything about that on the internet

It states the need for the guarantor's form here below (which is required to be stamped and signed by a court in niageria).

https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/?p=passportguidelines

And what about local govt letter of identification?
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by kvolander: 4:50pm On Feb 26, 2010
Dis Guy:

I think you will need a guarantors form filled in by a Nigerian citizen plus a photocopy of their passport

Don't know about local government letter, as long as you take evidence that you are a Nigerian

I got a replacement passport earlier this month; I just gave them loads of document to make up for the two I didn't take --the local government letter and the photocopy of my guarantors passport

For the interview I was asked what local government I was from ( i don't know)
what local government my dad was from ( i didn't know)
Then he asked what state I was born

Renewing your passport should be easier, go in the morning before 10am

Thanks man.
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by justwise(m): 4:59pm On Feb 26, 2010
Can one change the interview date, if yes, how do i go about it?
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by joxiri: 5:31pm On Feb 26, 2010
if you gon their website immigration.gov.ng
click on passport applications and then on the left hand sirte theres an option for rescheduling interview, type in ur application id and reference no you get from when you make a payment
and reschedule it the date is chosen for you though
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by justwise(m): 9:09pm On Feb 26, 2010
joxiri:

if you gon their website immigration.gov.ng
click on passport applications and then on the left hand sirte theres an option for rescheduling interview, type in your application id and reference no you get from when you make a payment
and reschedule it the date is chosen for you though

Thanks.
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by joxiri: 4:20pm On Mar 01, 2010
My advice for anyone going to the nigerian high commission in london northumberland road
make sure you print out your
payment confirmation slip
application form
appointment confirmation slip with date for interview appointment
most importantly £20 postal order for new e-passport issue advisable to leave it blank if you forget your postal order it increases your waiting time by an hour possibly
maybe you photocopy all the documents as well
get ready for an average of 4 hours waiting time so make sure you aint got anything planned for that day
and finally an ipod and 2 newspapers or a novel will come in very handy to block you from all the chaos going around
and you will probably come out with a headache
but thats pretty much it
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by kvolander: 6:31pm On Mar 02, 2010
Please, Can someone describe how to get to the Nigerian embassy in london? I'm coming from scotland.

Thanks.
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by joxiri: 11:39pm On Mar 02, 2010
either embankment station or charing cross tube station

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Terrible Mistakes Business Travelers Can Make When Flying / LRU Training For Aircraft Emergencies (Photos From Their Simulation Exercise) / Living In Germany/life As A GERMAN Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.