Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church (26585 Views)

We Don’t Dabble In Politics –RCCG / Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God / Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by Chibokgame: 5:14am On Dec 18, 2014
No consultation
No preparation.

Politics is not religion..
He is only chosen to be a figure head .
Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:15am On Dec 18, 2014
dollarsplenty:
But RCCG could pray openly for GEJ in 2011 during a crusade within campaign period, when he was not the only christian candidate in the race.

Now that a redeem pastor and politician (Osibanjo) is against GEJ, the church policy has changed, abi?

Truly, redeem church no dey meddle with politics, they only meddle and lobby with politicians.

Nothing has changed. You don't expect the RCCG to come out to say they are in support of any candidate. Don't be surprised to hear their members saying that they will vote for APC not because of Buhari, but because of Osinbajo.

2 Likes

Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by cole265(m): 5:17am On Dec 18, 2014
honEmirate:
Ayaf iau!!!!!!!

Just tell the whole world if ur church has not directly or otherwise benefited or still benefiting from this present corrupt and clueless government.

It is just correct for the church to say that officially. That does not mean they disapprove their pastor's bid in politics. Infact, that statement in it self is political.
It is very wise to have said that. On the other hand, it would have been very unwise for the church to meddle in politics by way of directing it's members to vote or follow APC on the bid of their pastor.
RCCG wasn't the target of APC by selecting Osibanjo, it is just an added advantage, a plus and a bonus.

4 Likes

Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by Nobody: 5:29am On Dec 18, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Nothing has changed. You don't expect the RCCG to come out to say they are in support of any candidate. Don't be surprised to hear their members saying that they will vote for APC not because of Buhari, but because of Osinbajo.

Yes ooooo

Members from non Nigerian internal colonialists Hausa Fulani Yoruba ethnic groups will also vote him because he is an RCCG pastor

Tallest dream

2 Likes

Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by Kingspin(m): 5:39am On Dec 18, 2014
APC, party of liars.
Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by Nobody: 5:39am On Dec 18, 2014

1 Like

Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by boolet: 5:40am On Dec 18, 2014
aspirebig:

It is on record that Baba Adeboye himself gave blessings to GEJ... Praying for someone,is it not giving blessing or is it a curse he was kneeling down to collect. Pictures don't like as far as it is not a photoshop...
What makes him a baba? Is it his age, disposition or what? Meanwhile,
Jesus referred to Satan as being “the ruler of the world.” So, no matter what worldly faction a person might support, under whose control would he really come? John 14:30. Besides I'm no fan nor foe of ur baba. 1Cor 13: 8- 10 (NIV) 8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.
The scripture is completeness and it has been completed as our guide while Jesus remains the priest. Read these at your own time; Hebrews 1: 1-2, Revelation 22: 18-19. Thank you.
Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by benebaby77: 5:52am On Dec 18, 2014
Growingboi:
more than 80% of these nairaland noise makers have no voters card.

How do you expect 80% of us to have a voter card since INEC want to conduct biased election. Imagine I queued on a line standing for about 9 hours yet I couldn't register........ This is what makes me not to do the registering again
Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by hushmail: 5:52am On Dec 18, 2014
yes u dont meddle in politics

do the needful

disown Osibanjo now

disown d pruported blessing by Adeboye

the house of God is not a den for politicians
Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by parrot123: 5:53am On Dec 18, 2014
Growingboi:

Yes oooooo. They are just making noise. Wise men hardly talk. Lol. Wait till then.....
Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by rbjimoh: 6:05am On Dec 18, 2014
dollarsplenty:
But RCCG could pray openly for GEJ in 2011 during a crusade within campaign period, when he was not the only christian candidate in the race.

Now that a redeem pastor and politician (Osibanjo) is against GEJ, the church policy has changed, abi?

Truly, redeem church no dey meddle with politics, they only meddle and lobby with politicians.
God bless you, my sister. You said my mind. Didn't Pastor Adegboye knew he was dragging his church into full politics when, in 2011, invited GEJ for anointing during the church's crusade and few weeks into general election? You can only imagine how my christian colleagues in my place of work then all changed their choice of candidate overnight and were brazenly boastful Adegboye's approval of GEJ. The nonsense line of Nigerians aligning behind religion in critical national issues started with that singular act of RCCG.

Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by luvmijeje(f): 6:06am On Dec 18, 2014
He lamented that the “crap” called religion had robbed the opposition party of fielding Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, who he described as more eminently qualified than Osinbajo.

“It (Buhari’s running mate) should be Fashola. They use religion as a tool to control us. I don’t care about my leader’s tribe, religion, or whatever jargon they keep feeding us. Zoning ‘religioning’ are all crap. Who cares if Fashola is a Muslim? Didn’t we vote him into power in Lagos? Did the fact that he’s a muslim affect the way he lead the state?

“They brainwash us into thinking these things (religion, tribe) really matter and then we wonder why we’re still here facing the same problems as a nation. We wonder why people still kill each other in places like Jos
.[quote]

Indeed this is daylight robbery..... I hope in my children lifetime (because God knows I've given it up on religion not being an issue in my lifetime) religion will stop being a tool in the hands of the politicians.

I also blame Fashola for being too relax and expecting things to fall on his lap.... It hurts.
Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by Nobody: 6:10am On Dec 18, 2014
POLITICS, RELIGION AND TRIBALISM IS OUR PROBLEM IN NIGERIA....A failed state to say!
Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by Bluepamex: 6:15am On Dec 18, 2014
Even my brother a senior Redeem pastor told me yesterday that yemi osinbajo is on his own .
I just the laugh each time I see Apc spreading fake stories

2 Likes

Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by enoqueen: 6:16am On Dec 18, 2014
Adeboye has benefitted alot from jona's govt. and he still wants to keep benefitting that's why he is saying all this.

He wants the envelop to keep coming from the govt now he is denying his pastor.

1 Like

Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by espn(m): 6:26am On Dec 18, 2014
Youth for change (YFC) let's meet here C00255169 Change is all we yearn for 2015 and forever.
Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by aribitoye(m): 6:28am On Dec 18, 2014
And u say Nigeria doesn't need liberation?

Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by abbeycite: 6:29am On Dec 18, 2014
off course after @RCCG endorsed GEJ in 2011 yet he d Man remain a national curse, so the church wont like to be quoted again in bad governance, but almighty God will endorse d right Man for d race.
Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by galadima77(m): 6:33am On Dec 18, 2014
Growingboi:

did that statistics come out of ur imagination or u actually carried out a survey to that effect?
Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by jerome4u(m): 6:35am On Dec 18, 2014
makzeze:
Pastor Adeboye giving his blessing to a politician in the person of GEJ in 2010
There noting wrong for G.O to pray for GEJ, even buhari can meet G.O for prayer and he will still pray for him. A spiritual leader can pray for 3 different pipo going for the same position. Praying for some one does not mean endorsement. That,s what spiritual leaders are for be it a pastor or muslim clergy

2 Likes

Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 18, 2014
iluvweed:
But you give politicians blessings?

Are politicians not human beings

In the sight of God, we all deserve a chance and unlike you, God doesnt discriminate.

You better stop judging a man of God! Smh for you.

2 Likes

Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by figment232(m): 6:36am On Dec 18, 2014
iluvweed:
But you give politicians blessings?
APC BIGOTS

1 Like

Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 18, 2014
The holy book enjoins us to live a quiet and peaceable lives..
The holy book also says, that righteousness exalts a nation but sin is a reproach to all people...
If our professor And pastor will lead us to the promise land then why not...we have nothing against him...
Just as a lily grow up in a dirty and mire environment unscathed and spotless, I know papa will come clean..
We need men whose heart are right to act Right..
Vote Buhari / Osinbajo...
Proudly a Christian
Proudly a true Nigerian..

1 Like

Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 18, 2014
Good one!
Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by figment232(m): 6:42am On Dec 18, 2014
DollyParton1:
Whether they dissociate from this or not. The message has been passed across, the redeemed congregation is now aware Osinbajo is one of them. The awareness has been set in place.
Rubbish! i am a Redeemer n i will neva vote 4 any party dat has a colouration of TINUBU/BUHARI

3 Likes

Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by Reptyle(m): 6:43am On Dec 18, 2014
Bluepamex:
Even my brother a senior Redeem pastor told me yesterday that yemi osinbajo is on his own .

Yeah....tales like your "senior brother" who just happens to be a "senior redeem pastor." grin grin

2015 is around the corner and like I said, even the PDP knows it has a true contest on its hands this time.

2 Likes

Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by overlord77: 6:45am On Dec 18, 2014
DollyParton1:
Whether they dissociate from this or not. The message has been passed across, the redeemed congregation is now aware Osinbajo is one of them. The awareness has been set in place.

For a party that promises.change so using the church as a.campaign tool to.fool religiously inclined and gullible Nigerians.

Am just.tired of this freakn country

2 Likes

Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by TOPMAN4LIFE: 6:46am On Dec 18, 2014
Bluepamex:
I am a worker in Redeem & a YOruba man, Osinbanjo is on his own. Redeem doesn't endorse Politians.our members cut accross many parties. Associatin with politians & prayin 4 them do not mean endorsement. Bible encourage xtians to pray 4 our leaders

1 Like

Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by IYANGBALI: 6:48am On Dec 18, 2014
I am confused,I doesn't even knows what or who to believe again,even seun,I doesn't believe nor trust him again
Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by deekseen(m): 6:48am On Dec 18, 2014
The last time around it was Buhari and Pastor Tunde Bakare. Now it's Buhari and Pastor Osinbajo.

Seems Mr 'Integrity' can't find any integrity outside the southwestern church. SMH.
Re: 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church by femikay149(m): 6:49am On Dec 18, 2014
Punch and Their Lazy Journalism

Redeem (RCCG) has no official twitter account that is verified most of the twitter account of adeboye or redeemed are parody accounts being run by some members

The only verified social media account is Pastor Adeboye Facebook which is verified by Facebook

So punch quoting twitter handle of redeemed as its source is unverifiable

Redeemed is yet to come out with an official statement

Those that know Adeboye very well he might not even respond tp d press ...He will just call his senior pastors and let them know his stand
n

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Witches And Wizards Let's Meet Here / Queen Of CYON Lagos Archdiocese: Right For Churches To Organize Beauty Pageants? / Why Nigerians Die Young.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.