Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,725 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump (28728 Views)

Man Batters Wife, Throws Her Out For Rejecting Custody Of Love Child (Pictured) / Heartless Mother Throws Her New Born Baby In A Gutter With Its Placenta / Photo: If Your Visitor Throws Your Child Up Like This, What Will You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 18, 2014
The truth is; I'll throw that thing away to distance that my arm will fall off.
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by kendraloops(f): 1:15pm On Dec 18, 2014
Hmmm, i can imagine the rude shock the woman felt. Its not easy, let's say the truth. Prolly if she had given herself some time, there would have been an outburst of maternal love towards the child.
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by phlamesG: 1:25pm On Dec 18, 2014
No pinshure?? undecided
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by Wendy80(f): 1:37pm On Dec 18, 2014
kennosklint:
Nice one

Pls what is nice about ds?
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by kennosklint(m): 2:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
Wendy80:

Pls what is nice about ds?
my girl wait let me tell u somtin..this life we ar anytin u see dat gives u problem u throw dem away...wat do do to a load dats heavier dan ur strenght
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by Womanitarian(m): 3:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
Run for your life!
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by cococandy(f): 4:27pm On Dec 18, 2014
Dreyl:
would you accept the baby if you gave birth to it
not only would I accept it, I will love and care for it specially. That is a special-needs child there. And by no fault of its own
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by cococandy(f): 4:27pm On Dec 18, 2014
50calibre:

Can be overwhelming? It's a punishment for life.

Look at the sizes of those heads, they are colossal!! I don't care what anyone says, if any woman births such creature for me, I'm not identifying with any of them, she's got to tell me if she slept with an alien because I'm not accepting that as my child.

I will gladly donate her & the creature to the hospital or she can take the baby to the alien she slept with.

Babies born that way should be Euthanized it's cruel to allow a baby grow up with such disease.
50 I believe you know better than this.

actually those kids aren't usually born with heads that big. Just the downcast eye syndrome and a bit of protruding cranium(fore head ) the heads get bigger as that grow by the months. That's CSF(cerebrospinal Fluid) draining the wrong way and into their brains instead of our of it causing the build up of that huge water head.
For some, it is congenital but some are born normal and begin to develop it after bouts of meningitis or tissues damage during the possibly birth process, brain tumor etc.

Some of them usually die before they get too old.especially in naija where specialized health care is still a pipe dream for many .
while some can be treated.
And others can just be managed until they expend their life span.

1 Like

Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by cococandy(f): 4:33pm On Dec 18, 2014

1 Like

Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by cococandy(f): 4:48pm On Dec 18, 2014
RedBenson:

Tah! I pray God doesnt allow this kind of unsually big headed kids find their way to my family (both nuclear and extended), not even my enemies family. Who wan breed this kind pikin? For wetin naw?
well keep praying then. But Anything can still happen to anyone all the same. Prayer or no prayers
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by cococandy(f): 4:49pm On Dec 18, 2014
Innodon:
What a wicked world. ....Who knows if the child will become the president of Nigeria tomorrow.
no he/she wouldn't have become the president tomorrow. Hydrocephalus kids are usual mentally impaired
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by cococandy(f): 4:52pm On Dec 18, 2014
RedBenson:
Could that hydroce....whatever be genetical?
yes. It can be both genetic and acquired.
And it can also happen to older people above 60yrs.
So don't think you're free yet grin tongue
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by KanwuliaJara: 4:53pm On Dec 18, 2014
Okwa all those "Pro-LIFE" Christian women all over Nigeria? grin
They say NO to H-Abortion all right!
But? wink
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 18, 2014
Who knows if the baby would be like dat guy in the indian movie paa....all this wicked mothers sef SMH
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 18, 2014
cococandy:
well keep praying then. But Anything can still happen to anyone all the same. Prayer or no prayers

Madam, i said i dont need it. Na by force? Bible says decree it and it shall be established. I don big pass wetin go cause dis kain thing for my family.
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 18, 2014
Tenim47:
I tank my mum

So you have a big head ?
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by Franky9584(m): 6:09pm On Dec 18, 2014
Wot a world. Some women are praying 2 GOD day n night just 2have one and another women z throwing away d one God gv her. God hv mercy!
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by 50calibre(m): 6:43pm On Dec 18, 2014
cococandy:
50 I believe you know better than this.

actually those kids aren't usually born with heads that big. Just the downcast eye syndrome and a bit of protruding cranium(fore head ) the heads get bigger as that grow by the months. That's CSF(cerebrospinal Fluid) draining the wrong way and into their brains instead of our of it causing the build up of that huge water head.
For some, it is congenital but some are born normal and begin to develop it after bouts of meningitis or tissues damage during the possibly birth process, brain tumor etc.

Some of them usually die before they get too old.especially in naija where specialized health care is still a pipe dream for many .
while some can be treated.
And others can just be managed until they expend their life span.

Lol I know it's one of the nasty congenital diseases but why must such anomaly come upon me, why should it be me?

Then the question is what were the habits of the mum while she was pregnant which led to such abnormalities in the child.

That thing is horrible, I remember seeing a documentary about an Indian girl with the disease, her head was 5 times the size of a normal head, it was so big it pushed her whole body around. luckily some kind hearted people funded her treatment in America and they managed to bring the head down to a manageable size. What of those without such privilege?

I believe any child born with a severe disability has to be euthanised, it sounds horrible but it's better for the human race.
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by cococandy(f): 8:14pm On Dec 18, 2014
Why are looking for reasons why it is the mothers fault?
Read up about this particular disease you will see it has nothing to do with mothers habit while pregnant except she had syphillis at time of pregnancy (which could also be the father's fault from sleeping around because of his polygamous nature grin)
In fact most of these congenital diseases are more frequent with advanced paternal age.
That's one reason why you should marry early instead of playing with your youth to avoid stories that touch. Down's syndrome et al tongue

And this condition is treatable if diagnosed at birth(congenital). Treatment before the 4th month of life will improve the child's life.
But if it is acquired, accept the burden and love your child. He's your blood cheesy
Euthanasia is out of the question.

They are usually docile and friendly kids just like Down's syndrome kids. Killing them won't be better for the human race. Except for aesthetics
Except of course we agree to kill all normal looking people who are carriers for such diseases as they are the real one bringing the condition into the human race. You could be a carrier for all you know. Me too.

Let's accept that the human race is nothing close to perfect.

50calibre:

Lol I know it's one of the nasty congenital diseases but why must such anomaly come upon me, why should it be me?

Then the question is what were the habits of the mum while she was pregnant which led to such abnormalities in the child.

That thing is horrible, I remember seeing a documentary about an Indian girl with the disease, her head was 5 times the size of a normal head, it was so big it pushed her whole body around. luckily some kind hearted people funded her treatment in America and they managed to bring the head down to a manageable size. What of those without such privilege?

I believe any child born with a severe disability has to be euthanised, it sounds horrible but it's better for the human race.

1 Like

Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by Dreyl(m): 8:17pm On Dec 18, 2014
cococandy:
not only would I accept it, I will love and care for it specially. That is a special-needs child there. And by no fault of its own
you are definitely going to be a good mom,i like your spirit!
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by cococandy(f): 8:28pm On Dec 18, 2014
Dreyl:
you are definitely going to be a good mom,!
i pray so too
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by 50calibre(m): 9:51pm On Dec 18, 2014
cococandy:
Why are looking for reasons why it is the mothers fault?
Read up about this particular disease you will see it has nothing to do with mothers habit while pregnant except she had syphillis at time of pregnancy (which could also be the father's fault from sleeping around because of his polygamous nature grin)
In fact most of these congenital diseases are more frequent with advanced paternal age.
That's one reason why you should marry early instead of playing with your youth to avoid stories that touch. Down's syndrome et al tongue

And this condition is treatable if diagnosed at birth(congenital). Treatment before the 4th month of life will improve the child's life.
But if it is acquired, accept the burden and love your child. He's your blood cheesy
Euthanasia is out of the question.

They are usually docile and friendly kids just like Down's syndrome kids. Killing them won't be better for the human race. Except for aesthetics
Except of course we agree to kill all normal looking people who are carriers for such diseases as they are the real one bringing the condition into the human race. You could be a carrier for all you know. Me too.

Let's accept that the human race is nothing close to perfect.

I see no reason why the foetus can't be terminated at the early stages once it's discovered to be carrying a severe disability, it's cruelty in my opinion. Wilfully bringing a child into this world to suffer, that's not love, it's cruelty.

Most of these diseases plaguing the human race can be wipe out in a hundred years if only humans can think logically without letting emotions get the better of them.

Artificial selection is the way to go, it doesn't matter if you or I or anybody are carriers of a disease, with selective breeding those disease could be wiped away when we all die off, giving rise to a new healthy generation.

There are already medical services offering rich couples the opportunity to create a super-baby devoid of any genetic problems but disabled rights campaigners & of course the Catholic Church are against it. They want a society riddled with diseases & genetic flaws.

I don't care what people think, I'm never going to accept that kind of severly disabled child, it's painful to the child, it painful to me. Life is too short, I'd rather be childless or adopt healthy kids than go through that lifetime of pain.

The human race is not perfect but it can be, the blueprint is already available, it's question of; would the religious fanatics step aside and allow mankind fix mankind?

2 Likes

Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by cococandy(f): 10:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
50calibre:

I see no reason why the foetus can't be terminated at the early stages once it's discovered to be carrying a severe disability, it's cruelty in my opinion. Wilfully bringing a child into this world to suffer, that's not love, it's cruelty.
I agree

Most of these diseases plaguing the human race can be wipe out in a hundred years if only humans can think logically without letting emotions get the better of them.
Partially agreed but We can't discount mutations. Because these keep occurring and can happen spontaneously everyone few steps into each generation.
Putting that into consideration, it would be virtually impossible to eradicate congenital diseases because any can spring up in the offspring even when the parents aren't carriers because of mutations.

Artificial selection is the way to go, it doesn't matter if you or I or anybody are carriers of a disease, with selective breeding those disease could be wiped away when we all die off, giving rise to a new healthy generation.
Refer to above.

There are already medical services offering rich couples the opportunity to create a super-baby devoid of any genetic problems but disabled rights campaigners & of course the Catholic Church are against it. They want a society riddled with diseases & genetic flaws.
While I don't think it is wrong, I think it is an exercise in futility. until the human race overcomes the problem of mutation, creating super babies won't help in eradicating all the diseases in the world. They could be born perfect but the next generation cannot ALL be accounted for since no one can authoritatively say that he/they have found a way to stop human cells from mutating. Never mind all those theories. They are just theories.

I don't care what people think, I'm never going to accept that kind of severly disabled child, it's painful to the child, it painful to me. Life is too short, I'd rather be childless or adopt healthy kids than go through that lifetime of pain.

The human race is not perfect but it can be, the blueprint is already available, it's question of; would the religious fanatics step aside and allow mankind fix mankind?
Well each to their own. You probably won't feel that way if you eventually find yourself in that situation. I agree to abortion before birth. But after it is born, I don't think there's anything I can do about it

But believe me the human race cannot be perfect.
Never mind the theories.
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by 50calibre(m): 11:41pm On Dec 18, 2014
cococandy:
I agree

Partially agreed but We can't discount mutations. Because these keep occurring and can happen spontaneously everyone few steps into each generation.
Putting that into consideration, it would be virtually impossible to eradicate congenital diseases because any can spring up in the offspring even when the parents aren't carriers because of mutations.

Refer to above.

While I don't think it is wrong, I think it is an exercise in futility. until the human race overcomes the problem of mutation, creating super babies won't help in eradicating all the diseases in the world. They could be born perfect but the next generation cannot ALL be accounted for since no one can authoritatively say that he/they have found a way to stop human cells from mutating. Never mind all those theories. They are just theories.

Well each to their own. You probably won't feel that way if you eventually find yourself in that situation. I agree to abortion before birth. But after it is born, I don't think there's anything I can do about it

But believe me the human race cannot be perfect.
Never mind the theories.

Some mutations are good, in fact we as humans mutated to what we are right now and so it will continue.

However the bad/disease causing mutation is what we as humans can seek to eradicate or bring to the barest minimum. more than 60% of all mutations are hereditary while the rest are down to environmental factors. same way some people are more genetically predisposed to developing cancer later in life than the others, while some develop cancer from what they've been exposed to or their diet. That's why they advice people with history of diseases like cancer, diabetes in their family to screen themselves early so that gene can be stopped early. heck!! even some women are cutting off their breast these days.

you're right though, it may not be possible to eradicate every disease but the next generation can be given a better surviving chance by little tweaking here and there. I have seen private hospitals offering genetic engineering, they are capable of adding new traits (not present in the parent) to a child, they are also capable of isolating and getting rid of defective genes in the parents to make sure they aren't passed on to the kids.

So i don't believe humans cant be perfect, if science can map out the complete human genome, put a man on the moon, send a robot to another planet million miles away, then perfection is possible.

I know you like a moderate, not too religious not too secular. My best guess, you're probably catholic so we can agree to disagree. grin
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by cococandy(f): 12:09am On Dec 19, 2014
I'm Much more secular than religious. Yes agree to disagree smiley.
50calibre:

Some mutations are good, in fact we as humans mutated to what we are right now and so it will continue.

However the bad/disease causing mutation is what we as humans can seek to eradicate or bring to the barest minimum. more than 60% of all mutations are hereditary while the rest are down to environmental factors. same way some people are more genetically predisposed to developing cancer later in life than the others, while some develop cancer from what they've been exposed to or their diet. That's why they advice people with history of diseases like cancer, diabetes in their family to screen themselves early so that gene can be stopped early. heck!! even some women are cutting off their breast these days.

you're right though, it may not be possible to eradicate every disease but the next generation can be given a better surviving chance by little tweaking here and there. I have seen private hospitals offering genetic engineering, they are capable of adding new traits (not present in the parent) to a child, they are also capable of isolating and getting rid of defective genes in the parents to make sure they aren't passed on to the kids.

So i don't believe humans cant be perfect, if science can map out the complete human genome, put a man on the moon, send a robot to another planet million miles away, then perfection is possible.

I know you like a moderate, not too religious not too secular. My best guess, you're probably catholic so we can agree to disagree. grin
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by Dreyl(m): 7:50am On Dec 19, 2014
cococandy:
i pray so too
wink
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 27, 2015
The mother doesn't want the baby and threw it away and they want her to come forward?
Is it so she could be handed over the baby or sent to jaiL?
If she wanted to be identified will she throw the baby away?
The baby is now in the custody of the welfare folks,let them handle it the way they handle abandoned babies
Lmao..exactly my thoughts!
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by babysophie(f): 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2015
Tenim47:
I tank my mum
Wre u a child wif an 'unusually big head'?
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by babysophie(f): 1:29pm On Oct 17, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Hydrocephalus can be treated and managed effectively....

From WikiPedia's article on the matter....

Hydrocephalus treatment is surgical, generally utilizing various types of cerebral shunts. It involves the placement of a ventricular catheter (a tube made of silastic), into the cerebral ventricles to bypass the flow obstruction/malfunctioning arachnoidal granulations and drain the excess fluid into other body cavities, from where it can be resorbed. Most shunts drain the fluid into the peritoneal cavity (ventriculo-peritoneal shunt), but alternative sites include the right atrium (ventriculo-atrial shunt), pleural cavity (ventriculo-pleural shunt), and gallbladder. A shunt system can also be placed in the lumbar space of the spine and have the CSF redirected to the peritoneal cavity (Lumbar-peritoneal shunt).[9] An alternative treatment for obstructive hydrocephalus in selected patients is the endoscopic third ventriculostomy (ETV), whereby a surgically created opening in the floor of the third ventricle allows the CSF to flow directly to the basal cisterns, thereby shortcutting any obstruction, as in aqueductal stenosis. This may or may not be appropriate based on individual anatomy.

So, it is not an insurmountable mountain.

As for having a child.....remember that when we have children, they come to us with no where else to go. Better you accept what God has given you....might be your opportunity to learn compassion, love and patience. Don't pass it off....especially as the opposite of such virtues are sins in God's book.
Wre s d money na ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

To My Future Husband / 'I Will Rather Be Without A Child Than Have Only Girl Kids' - Nigerian Man / Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.