Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,183 members, 7,829,242 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro (1869 Views)

Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro / Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro / Primaries "Guns Recovered From Agbaje, George’s Thugs" -obanikoro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by bashydemy(m): 7:56am On Dec 18, 2014
A former Minister of State for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro, has accused a leader of the Peoples Democratic Party in Lagos State, Chief Olabode George, and the governorship candidate of the party in the state, Mr. Jimi Agbaje, of recruiting armed thugs to achieve their aims at the governorship primary held on December 8.

The former minister said, “I also saw the police recovered five guns and rounds of ammunition and live cartridges from the thugs brought by Chief Olabode George and Mr. Jimi Agbaje, a co-aspirant.”

This is contained in an affidavit he filed before a Federal High Court in Abuja, in support of his suit numbered FHC/ABJ/CS/994/2014, challenging the conduct of the December 8, 2014 governorship primary in which Agbaje was declared as the winner.

Obanikoro, with 343 votes, came second behind Agbaje who polled 432 votes to clinch the party’s ticket. Three other candidates participated in the poll.

But the former minister is, through his suit filed on December 15, 2014, urging the court to nullify the primary and order a fresh one to be conducted on the grounds of alleged electoral irregularities that marred the December 8, 2014 exercise.

On Wednesday, the presiding judge, Justice Ahmed Mohammed, following Obanikoro’s counsel, Chief Chris Uche (SAN), moved an ex parte application, asked the PDP and the Independent National Electoral Commission to appear in court on December 23.

He directed the two defendants in the suit to appear in court to show cause why he (the judge) should not make an order of interim injunction restraining them from presenting or accepting any name as the PDP governorship candidate in Lagos State, pending the determination of the suit.

The judge, on Wednesday, declined to grant the restraining order as sought by the plaintiff’s counsel through the ex parte application.

Rather than grant the order, Justice Mohammed asked the plaintiff to put the defendants on notice for them to appear in court to show cause why the order should not be granted.

The former minister alleged in his suit filed on December 18 that the election was marred by electoral irregularities, such as over-voting, intimidation of his delegates by thugs loyal to George and Agbaje as well as improper accreditation of delegates.

He said there were 806 delegates accredited for the primaries but “surprisingly from the 806 accredited delegates, the electoral officers returned a total number of 866 votes.”

He added that the accreditation of delegates which ought to last between 8am and 12pm, as stipulated by the Electoral Guidelines published by the PDP, did not start until as late as 6.30pm.

In an affidavit personally deposed to by him, Obanikoro stated, “That the thugs earlier brought by Chief Olabode George and Mr. Jimi Agbaje, a co-aspirant, at this point began to disrupt the venue by throwing bottles, stones and firing gunshots in the direction of the delegates loyal to me and preventing other delegates loyal to me from entering the venue.

“That the gunshots attracted another detachment of policemen, who engaged the thugs in a gun and tear gas battle during which many of the delegates loyal to me ran for their dear lives to avoid being caught in the crossfire between the police and the armed thugs.

“That I know as a fact that many of my delegates who ran for their dear lives in the ensuing violence and gun battle never returned and were consequently disenfranchised, as it took the police several hours to restore some semblance of normalcy.

“That I saw that the police recovered five guns and rounds of ammunitions and live cartridges from the thugs brought by Chief Olabode George and Mr. Jimi Agbaje , a co-aspirant.

http://www.punchng.com/news/police-recovered-guns-from-agbaje-georges-thugs-obanikoro/

1 Like

Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by makazona(m): 8:16am On Dec 18, 2014
is that so?
Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by omenka(m): 8:24am On Dec 18, 2014
When Wole. Soyinka called them "a nest of killers" he knew exactly what he was saying.

Marylin Ogar would never tell us about stuffs like this rather she would go telling the public how computers, flash pens, and some external hard drives were found after an illegal raid on an APC Data Centre, or how Total (or whatever) is the cause of fuel scarcity (I wonder what the minister of labour's job is)!!

Nigerians Arise!!
Nigeria Arise!!

Vote PDP out!!

16 Likes

Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by myweb(m): 8:53am On Dec 18, 2014
omenka:
When Wole. Soyinka called them "a nest of killers" he knew exactly what he was saying.

Marylin Ogar would never tell us about stuffs like this rather she would go telling the public how computers, flash pens, and some external hard drives were found after an illegal raid on an APC Data Centre, or how Total (or whatever) is the cause of fuel scarcity (I wonder what the minister of labour's job is)!!

Nigerians Arise!!
Nigeria Arise!!

Vote PDP out!!
You have change your mind to come back right?
If so, I am very glad. I really missed your post.
You have much damage to those TAN guys. Abeg dont back out now.

ALUTA CONTINUA...VICTORIA...

2 Likes

Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by omenka(m): 8:58am On Dec 18, 2014
myweb:

You have change your mind to come back right?
If so, I am very glad. I really missed your post.
You have much damage to those TAN guys. Abeg dont back out now.

ALUTA CONTINUA...VICTORIA...
Lol. They were so happy at the prospect of me leaving but after I considered you people's advice, I resolved the best thing to do is brave the storm and stay the course!!

Omenka Stays!! smiley

6 Likes

Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by lilflipnerd: 9:03am On Dec 18, 2014
Cankerwormz

1 Like

Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by Ademurph1(m): 9:16am On Dec 18, 2014
@Omenka I really miss your absence, u r highly wlcm Sir,

1 Like

Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by omenka(m): 9:25am On Dec 18, 2014
Ademurph1:
@Omenka I really miss your absence, u r highly wlcm Sir,
Thanks comrade. We are going nowhere. I thank you all for your encouragement. Wouldn't have stuck it out without you.

#We shall Overcome.
Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by omenka(m): 9:31am On Dec 18, 2014
I see no reason why this shouldn't be on the front page:

Cc: NgeneUkwenu, laBarca, Obiagelli, Demdem, GenBuhari, Kelsoft, Donphilopus, Koboko69, Cramjonse, Arresa, Caseless, MichaelSokoto, gbawe, Abagworo, OrlandoOwoh , Berem, Jomoh, Egift, Clerverly, Arewafederation, Soroptimist, Keneking, Pendy79, Neenar, Desola , MizMyColi, Whitecat007 ,keneking, Lakpalakpa, ShehuAba, Rawani, Tribaleast, Olaaderin, Soroptimist, Mynd44, , Nduchucks, Lacasa, Pendy79, Omerta Ilugunboy, Naptu2, Aussie, Joseph1013, Olayinka8793, MalcoImX.

4 Likes

Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by mistabiola: 9:34am On Dec 18, 2014
Dream dying on arrival
Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by bashydemy(m): 9:54am On Dec 18, 2014
omenka:
I see no reason why this shouldn't be on the front page:
Cc: NgeneUkwenu, laBarca, Obiagelli, Demdem, GenBuhari, Kelsoft, Donphilopus, Koboko69, Cramjonse, Arresa, Caseless, MichaelSokoto, gbawe, Abagworo, OrlandoOwoh , Berem, Jomoh, Egift, Clerverly, Arewafederation, Soroptimist, Keneking, Pendy79, Neenar, Desola , MizMyColi, Whitecat007 ,keneking, Lakpalakpa, ShehuAba, Rawani, Tribaleast, Olaaderin, Soroptimist, Mynd44, , Nduchucks, Lacasa, Pendy79, Omerta Ilugunboy, Naptu2, Aussie, Joseph1013, Olayinka8793, MalcoImX.
The mod won't push this to front page since it's not about APC been caught with the guns... If na Tinubu and co caught with guns it will be on front page the next minute..

5 Likes

Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 18, 2014
bashydemy:
The mod won't push this to front page since it's not about APC been caught with the guns... If na Tinubu and co caught with guns it will be on front page the next minute..
Are you surprise? PDP has always been about thuggery and criminality. Jimi Agbaje has soiled his hands and is therefore not fit to be Governor of Lagos State.

Well done Omenka

5 Likes

Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by omenka(m): 3:32pm On Dec 18, 2014
Maybe if the title of this thread is modified and APC is included in it, it will be moved to the front page.
Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by Brimmie(m): 3:42pm On Dec 18, 2014
Yeye dey smell!!

A+
#Ambode2015
#Buhari2015

3 Likes

Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by omenka(m): 3:48pm On Dec 18, 2014
Brimmie:
Yeye dey smell!!

A+
#Ambode2015
#Buhari2015
Oozing all the way to outer Space honestly!! The bias is legendary!!
Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by bamidele029: 3:49pm On Dec 18, 2014
This should be moved to the front page. The minute Jimi Agbaje partnered with the kirikiri graduate Bode George he finished himself.

1 Like

Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by Brimmie(m): 3:52pm On Dec 18, 2014
omenka:
Oozing all the way to outer Space honestly!! The bias is legendary!!

Trust me bro, they will pay for this Injustice!!

We just gotta keep the Progressive Movement alive.
Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by Brimmie(m): 3:58pm On Dec 18, 2014
bamidele029:
This should be moved to the front page. The minute Jimi Agbaje partnered with the kirikiri graduate Bode George he finished himself.

This is JKs last chance to rule Lagos, and he would do anything to be in Alausa.

2 Likes

Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by omenka(m): 4:00pm On Dec 18, 2014
Brimmie:

Trust me bro, they will pay for this Injustice!!

We just gotta keep the Progressive Movement alive.
Imagine a thread like this in the doldrums while that which shows just unnecessary pictures of all four candidates involved in the presidential race, with those of the APC aspirants poorly taken, hitting the front. page!!

This is how low the forum has sank.
Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by lacasa: 4:41pm On Dec 18, 2014
It won't see front pge

If to say ur name be lalasti... Sometin sometin sha, or be say na El-rufa'I or Tinubu for heading, ....e for don tey 4 diye since
Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by bashydemy(m): 5:07am On Dec 19, 2014
laBarca:
Are you surprise? PDP has always been about thuggery and criminality. Jimi Agbaje has soiled his hands and is therefore not fit to be Governor of Lagos State.

Well done Omenka
Na them sabi
Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by bashydemy(m): 5:10am On Dec 19, 2014
lacasa:
It won't see front pge

If to say ur name be lalasti... Sometin sometin sha, or be say na El-rufa'I or Tinubu for heading, ....e for don tey 4 diye since

I guess anything that has the worse part of APC or member's of the party will hit front page...
Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by egift(m): 4:29pm On Dec 19, 2014
DSS and those TANiods are still silent forming Deaf and Dumb.

Nigerians vote Buhari and send PDP back to the drawing board to re-prioritize their priorities of either to serve Nigerians or continue protecting sponsors of terror and thieves.

2 Likes

Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by bashydemy(m): 7:31am On Dec 21, 2014
egift:
DSS and those TANiods are still silent forming Deaf and Dumb.

Nigerians vote Buhari and send PDP back to the drawing board to re-prioritize their priorities of either to serve Nigerians or continue protecting sponsors of terror and thieves.
Just dont mind those DSS i guess they some section of the PDP... The devil wey go punish them they inside traffic

1 Like

Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by omenka(m): 7:34am On Dec 21, 2014
So this thread is still lying in the dark.

Smh.

1 Like

Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 21, 2014
PDP is in tatters..

A party for the touts,confused,and grand schemers..

2 Likes

Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by Scatterboss(m): 8:14am On Dec 21, 2014
lolz

1 Like

Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by omenka(m): 8:18am On Dec 21, 2014
Scatterboss:
lolz
He still looks like he doesn't understand what it is Fashola is saying. Smh.
Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by egift(m): 10:04pm On Dec 21, 2014
Is it possible that this topic can make it to Frontpage on Nairaland? Because am sure if it was in Fashola or Tinubu house, it would made it already.
Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by MayorofLagos(m): 10:20pm On Dec 21, 2014
Look, this boy called Obanikoro needs to get his @$$ seated quietly before he ends up missing.

Obanikoro is intoxicated by his administrative stint at the Ministry of Defense that he thinks he is above the Oba and doesnt need the palace blessing in his political ambition. He is bitter at his loss, he thinks the primaries is the source of his problem. His problem is a long course.

Oba Akiolu already told GEJ he does not want to see the munchkin's face. So how in his mind does he think Abuja will allow him to win the primary in a state they want badly to bring to their party fold and at which no political party is ever successful without the Oba's endorsement?

He already upset the Oba...now he is getting ready to upset his sponsors. This Obanikoro dude is getting ready to commit suicide!
Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by bashydemy(m): 12:12am On Dec 22, 2014
egift:
Is it possible that this topic can make it to Frontpage on Nairaland? Because am sure if it was in Fashola or Tinubu house, it would made it already.
Not sure this will make front page at all, I just tire for the mods for been bias..
Re: Police Recovered Guns From Agbaje, George’s Thugs – Obanikoro by otokx(m): 12:14am On Dec 22, 2014
Is Obanikoro now a spokesman of the police?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abacha Almost Killed Sanusi If Not For Mutallab ,the Father Of The Xmas Bomber / Nnamdi Kanu Challenges Nigerian Government / Sen. Hope Uzodimma Accused Of Infecting Late, Hon. Ukachi Amaechi With HIV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.