Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,553 members, 7,816,339 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship (268086 Views)

A Christmas Miracle - New Romance Story About Christmas / Class Clash- A story about love and family background/status / The University Village - A Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Noela12(f): 8:48pm On Apr 27, 2015
I pray dat God will give u more knowledge and more insights...Happy birthday Oyin,the great writter of our time...keep on waxing!!!

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 9:13pm On Apr 27, 2015
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*Tuesday evening *

"Good afternoon" Bola greeted as she got close to the gate, where the gateman asked him to stay

"Good afternoon Bola" he replied.

"Yes, I was told you wanted to see me"

"Yes, for something important"

"What's that? And by the way, I don't remember meeting with you"

"Yes, we've not really met before but I know you. I'm Bode, Frank's friend"

"Oh Bode! You must be the third flatmate that I haven't met"

"Yes,I am"

"Good, nice to meet you" she stretched out her hand to offer him a handshake.

"Let's go inside" she said and turned to the gateman before leading the way. "Make sure you lock the gates properly and tell anyone else who asks of me that I'm not home"

"Please make yourself comfortable" she said as she ushered him into the living room." What can I offer you?"

"Nothing, you don't need to bother. I won't stay for long"

"No, you should take something cold at least"

"Okay, just get water for me"

"Alright, give me two seconds" she said and dashed to the kitchen. She returned with a bottled water and glass cup on a tray for him. She also added a bottle of wine to it. She held another bottled water in her other hand for herself.

"So, what do I owe this surprise visit?" She sat directly opposite him.

"I've just come to talk about Frank's death, I don't know if you suspect anyone. I want us to help the police with every information we can"

"Yes, I've told the police already. Frank was murdered by my Father, Chief Olatunbosun"

"Ehen?" Bode acted surprise on hearing this, hoping that she would say more which she did. "Your father? Why do you say so?"

"It's my father, I'm sure. He told me of the promise he made not to kill Frank in his home"

"That's serious, but what can we do now?"

"I've told the police about it already and I believe that they've started investigations"

"Are you serious? You told the police? You want them to investigate your father?"

"Yes, I love Frank and anyone that killed him should be punished even if it's my father"

"Hmmm, but I think you can help them make the investigation easier"

"How?"

"If you can record a conversation with your father where he admits that he killed Frank, that would be an evidence"

"Hmm, that's true." She said and thought for some seconds. "I'll do exactly that"

"Good" Bode replied, smiling slightly at her. They chatted about twenty minutes more before Bode stood to take his leave. She followed him outside the house into the compound.

She played with the bottle of water on her hand as she chatted with Bode, walking towards the gate. As they got close to the Gateman's lodge, the bottled water dropped and water spilled on Bode's shoe.

"Oh! I'm very sorry" she pleaded.
"Emmanuel, get me something to clean his shoe fast" she quickly beckoned on the gate man who came out with a blue hand towel cut into half already.

He bent to clean the shoe but Bode quickly collected the rag and cleaned the shoe by himself. He dusted it before he gave it back to the gateman.

"Please, I'm very sorry for that" Bola apologized again.

"Oh! It's nothing" he replied, smiling.

"Alright, I'll do what you suggested. Bye and thanks for coming"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"I'm sorry Mr Michael, we can't grant her bail. She already tried to evade arrest before" Helen answered Dennis' request for Amarachi's bail.

"But she didn't mean to evade arrest, she never knew that you guys were after her" he replied.

"How do you expect us to believe that? Off course, we can't " Helen continued. "What you need to do is advise her to cooperate with us, encourage her to tell us the truth, it will make things easy for her"

"But she has told you everything already"

"No, she hasn't. She still denies the fact that she used that knife to stab the deceased"

"She didn't, you've not concluded your investigation so she's not guilty yet" Dennis replied.

"Reports from the lab should be available by tomorrow and after that, the court will decide the case. What you should do now is get a good lawyer to defend her. I wish you good luck"

...to be continued

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 9:30pm On Apr 27, 2015
Chapter Twenty six will be rounded up 2moro, the story will end at Chapter thirty, make sure you don't miss any episode. cheesy

Thanks once again for all your birthday wishes smiley

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Ormorlehwah(f): 9:31pm On Apr 27, 2015
Happy Birthday Oyin

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by d4real890(m): 10:07pm On Apr 27, 2015
My prince that update was just too short joor
Anyway nice one bro waiting patiently for d next update

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by heemah(f): 10:29pm On Apr 27, 2015
I wish Uche won't alter the lab result oool

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Chivee(f): 11:18pm On Apr 27, 2015
Oyinprince:
Chapter Twenty six will be rounded up 2moro, the story will end at Chapter thirty, make sure you don't miss any episode. cheesy

Thanks once again for all your birthday wishes smiley
Hello Mr. Oyin.
Has this work been published?
I just recommended this novel to a friend in the u.k. and she's asking how she could order or buy either an e-copy or hard copy. Thanks

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by loshybab(m): 11:54pm On Apr 27, 2015
Happy birthday to a one in a million writer,oyinprince....may God continue to bless u and enhance ur writing talent today and forever.have loads of fun buddy
I wl resend d request,bt pls,kip d updates coming #thumbup

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Frankzamani(m): 6:38am On Apr 28, 2015
Happy birthday man, wish yu ol d bst nd success in yuh career...Great talent and skill yu got, Kip d love burn'n....

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by OlufemiWhit(m): 10:41am On Apr 28, 2015
Finally.....i got to the last page...Happy Birthday Bro

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by labaski(f): 12:53pm On Apr 28, 2015
happy belated birthday hon.. age with grace.

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by rotluv: 1:09pm On Apr 28, 2015
pls, :my fellow nairalander: we just ave 2 be patient, because the patient dog; eat's d fattest bone.
We ave 2 be patient with our prince ,so dat he can continualy give out is best 2 us

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 4:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
Chivee:
Hello Mr. Oyin.
Has this work been published?
I've already recommended this novel to a friend in the u.k. and she's asking how she could order or buy either an e-copy or hard copy. Thanks
No, not yet sir. cool
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 4:56pm On Apr 28, 2015
Thanks for the birthday wishes still coming in, I love you guys.

Update will be posted before 9pm, who's expecting?
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
Yaaaaay, am expecting ooo...... U r really doing a great job Maestro.... More ink to ur pen Prince

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by ChyEndowed(f): 5:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
Happy birthday in alliance...wishing you God's abundance inspiration... Expecting more

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by d4real890(m): 5:10pm On Apr 28, 2015
When I have already reserved a seat waiting for the next suspense

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by jeremie97(m): 6:55pm On Apr 28, 2015
weldone bro keepup d gud Work plssss Dnt keep us waiting followin u bumper to bumper

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by leosmaria(m): 7:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
guy wen u go finish the story na shocked y keep us waiting

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by leosmaria(m): 7:29pm On Apr 28, 2015
abeg update na

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Chimdim: 7:53pm On Apr 28, 2015
happy birthday my prince, and taxz for the update

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 8:15pm On Apr 28, 2015
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Bola Bola" Chief Olatunbosun mumbled playfully as he came down stairs to the living room where Bola was waiting for him.

"How are you Bola?" He waved to his daughter as he entered the living room and sat down.

"I'm not fine Dad" she replied him.

"You're not fine? Don't worry, you'll be fine as soon as you join your mother and brother in the United States"

"I'm not going anywhere Dad, I'm staying right here"

"Sorry, you don't have a choice, you'll have to leave next week. So what we should be discussing here is your preparation for the trip"

"No Dad", she objected. "What we should be discussing here is how my Frank was killed"

"Hahaha" the Chief laughed hysterically. "Don't tell me you're still thinking about that rascal, he's gone already, you should forget about him and stop parading the police office to give them unnecessary information"

"I can't forget about him and I didn't give the police unnecessary information"

"You know what Bola?" The Chief sad as he stood up and walked to the bar.
"Thank your stars that you were recognised to be my daughter that day you went to make that report, my boys would have dropped you if it were somebody else" he said as he poured some quantity of wine into a glass cup.

"You can't do anything to me Dad" Bola protested.

"Of course, I can't do anything to you because you are my daughter. But you should act wisely next time" he said and paused as he took a little portion of the cup's content. "Were you thinking of getting your father arrested? Selling your father to the police because of one little rascal?"

"Dad, I loved that little rascal and wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. But you decided to make me unhappy and I'll do everything to help the police"

"Are you crazy Bola? Do you think the police can punish me in this country? Stop wasting your time dear, its a futile effort. No court of law can ever find me guilty", he scorned.
"But come to think of it, why do you want to help the police against your father?"

"I'm not helping the police against my father, I'm helping them against a murderer"

"Are you sick? How dare you refer to your father as a murderer?" The Chief got visible angry and dashed towards her. He picked her up by the neck and looked directly into her eyes.

"You open your mouth to call me a murderer because of a rascal? Do you know all I'm doing is for your good?" He said, tightening his grip on her neck. His old but very strong hands squeezed out life from her gradually

After some seconds, he dropped her to the floor suddenly. She was already struggling for breath and would have passed on if he did not release her.

"I'm sorry dear, I didn't mean to do that, you provoked me" he said remorsefully, turning his back to her where she sprawled on the floor.

"No Dad, you don't need to be sorry. You could have killed me", she said gasping for breath. She reach out to her handbag on the chair and brought out a pistol. She stood up and pointed it at him, her body shaking as she had not recovered from the pain of the strangling yet.

"Put down that thing Bola" he said as he turned to find a gun pointed at his head. "You're pointing a gun to me because of a boy?"

"You took away my happiness Dad, you took away my life"

"Just put down that thing dear, your finger is getting closer to the trigger" he said, looking terrified.

"I won't, till you give me a good reason why you killed him"

"I didn't kill him Bola nor did I send anyone to kill him."

"Ehn?"

"Yes, I didn't kill him. What would I kill him for? I want your happiness and I already gave you the go ahead to marry him. I don't have anything to gain in killing him"

"That's a lie, you told me that you almost strangled him to death the last time he came here"

"Yes, that was because I was angry with him but I didn't send anyone to kill him later, believe me"

"No, I don't" she said, shaking her head in uttermost disbelief.

"You have to, my boys use guns. They are not butchers, they won't kill anyone with a knife"

Bola shoulders fell immediately, she lost the strength she used to threaten her father immediately she realized truly that her father's thugs would not kill anyone with a knife when they heard several types of guns that could do the job easier and faster. She gradually began to lower the hand with which he used to point the gun at her father.

The Chief, seeing that she was already losing strength decided to use the opportunity to seize the gun from her. He rushed to her and grabbed her hand, struggling to collect it from her.

The gun went off twice, blood oozed out from someone's body. The body guards rushed in on hearing the sound of the gunshots.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ini came down to open the gate and entered into the car again. As she made a move to drive in, one sides the gate started to close back by itself.

She opened the car door in an attempt to go and open the gate properly but she only placed her left leg outside when she saw a guy walk into the gate and helped her open the gate properly.

She entered back and drove in, nodding her head and he smiled in appreciation to the guy. She parked the car properly at the front of her apartment and came out immediately to close the gate but to her surprise, the guy was closing it already.

"Thank you so much" she said as she approached him.

"You're welcome mam, I've been waiting for you outside your gate for about twenty minutes"

"Waiting for me? I don't think I... " she paused unsure of where she had met him. "Sorry, it looks like we've met somewhere before"

"Yeah, we've met. I'm bode, Kelvin and Frank's friend"

"Oh, you're welcome" she greeted, recalling that he was the silent guy amongst the guys the day they met at Erinsic.

"Yeah, thanks" he smiled. "I'm sorry for visiting without notifying you, I have something important to discuss with you"

"Something important?" I hope there's no problem?" She asked as she opened the car once again to bring out her handbag after which she led him inside.

"Please have your seat" she said to Bode, as she draw the curtains to allow light through the window into the dark room. "I think i have to put on the generator, you might not be able to bear the heat"

"Thanks but don't bother, I don't plan to stay long"

"I have to, else the discomfort within your short stay will be unbearable" she said and walked away from the living room, taking her bag along. She dropped the bag in her room and passed the kitchen entrance to the backyard where the gen was kept.

As she turned on the generator and walked back into the house, she wondered why she put herself into so much trouble accommodating a visitor which she wasn't supposed to welcome.

The truth was that a part of her wanted nothing to do with Kelvin anymore, but another part of her was glad when Bode announced that he was Kelvin's friend, at least she could get some information about Kelvin's wellbeing.

She returned with a pack of fruit juice and a glass cup.
"Please, it's not too cold but you can manage it" she dropped it on the table and went ahead to switch on the air conditioners.

"Thanks" he said and poured part of the juice into the cup without planning to drink from it. "How can you help ? We need to make sure Kelvin and Amarachi are set free"

"How am I supposed to help? I'm not a police officer and I've even decided not to have anything to do with those two again"

"No, you can't do that. Amarachi is your friend, you can leave her just at this time she needs you the most"

"She's not my friend and she doesn't need me, I don't have anything to do with her"

"She is your friend, you lived together, played together and shared things"

"Yes, we lived together but I never knew I was living with an enemy"

"Don't say that, don't call her your enemy"

"What else should I call someone who always wants to have anything I have? What else should I call a backstabber , a betrayal?" She raised her voice slightly.

"Calm down Ini, I believe that there's still something fishy about the whole incident"

"That's what you'll say, you'll defend your Friend Kelvin or what's there that's fishy about two adults deciding to cheat"

"I'm not trying to defend Kelvin but established the truth, he claimed that they were drugged"

"Hehehe" Ini gave a short laugh, "do you really believe that yourself?"

"Ermm, the truth is... " he stammered, trying to find words to say, he himself had not gotten to believe the tale of the two adults being drugged to have sex but he only trusted that his friend, Kelvin could not kill anyone.
"One thing I know is Kelvin loves you, I mean he's obsessed with your name, he mentions it every time. He cannot just decide to hurt you..."

"Please, save the stories" she cut in, "I thought you said you wanted to discuss something important"

"Yes" he replied calmly, "I came to discuss how we can help them get out"

"I'm not a policewoman" she repeated

"Yes, I know. But you can help with any information you've got"

"I've got no information to help with and I don't even want to have anything to do with them, don't you get it?"

"I don't get it"

"Amarachi and Kelvin got into this problem when they decided to do the wrong thing, why didn't they just date themselves without getting me involved in all this? Why did Kelvin have to come to me if he wanted Amarachi?" She paused and looked at him as if she was expecting an answer. "Let them face whatever they brought upon themselves, it's not my business"

"So just because you have a clash with your friend you want her to go to jail for a crime she knows nothing about? They could even be sentenced to death by the court, is that what you want?"

"Huh?" A sudden fear gripped her heart, she suddenly remembered the gravity of the crime they were charged of.

"Yes, you want them to get killed for what they know nothing about?"

"No, of course I don't but there's nothing I can do" she replied, this time in a low and sorry tone.

"You can do something but it first starts with your willingness to help" he continued, adjusting his sitting position, glad that he was having the desired effect on her. "You may be able to stand as a witness when the case finally gets to the court"

"Witness? What am I going to witness about? I wasn't at the scene of the murder"

"Yes, but you are aware that Amarachi does not know so many places in this city, she has never been to the salon where the murder took place, you can testify to that" he stopped and waited for a response but got none.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kelvin sat up straight in the interrogation room, he was being interrogated by the two inspectors in charge of the case, Inspectors Helen and Uche.

This time he noticed they used another approach, they tried to cajole him.

"We already know the truth Kelvin, we want to stop your suffering. What we need is to hear it from you and you'll be set free" Uche continued.

"I told you everything already, I have nothing to hide"

"You have something to hide man, remember we've found the Knife Amarachi used on the deceased"

"I don't know what she used that knife for, but I know it wasn't for murder"

"Kelvin, Kelvin" Helen joined, she walked closer to him and sat on the table at his front, leaning very close to him as if she wanted to kiss him. "Why are you doing this to yourself? Why are you so loyal to Amarachi even after she have confessed that you are the real murderer? She told us of how you forced her to stab Frank, threatening to kill her if she does not comply, she told us of how you planned it and bought the knife when both of you went shopping together on that Saturday"

Kelvin was at first distraught on hearing what she said, he wondered why Amarachi would say all that. He watched as she got up and walked slowly to another angle of the room before she spoke again. "With the way things are, we may have to let her go and charge you to court, and you know what? You might be given life imprisonment or death sentence"

She stopped again and looked at him, waiting for his response. Uche's eyes was also fixed on him. Kelvin sudden response surprise them.

"Hahaahaha", Kelvin laughed uncontrollably.
"Wait, what are you guys trying to do?" He asked, discovering the game Helen was trying to play on him. "Well, I can't confess to what I know nothing about. I've told you guys everything already"

"Sergeant Okon"Helen called out to a Junior officer who rushed in immediately.

"Take this man back to the cell" she said, and left the room immediately with Uche following her closely.

"I don't think that guy knows anything about the murder" she said as she settled into her office seat. "From his response to that trick, it shows he doesn't or what do you think?"

"Yes, his response shows he doesn't" Uche replied, both fatigue and sadness showing on his face. "We just have to wait for the report before we decide our next move"

"Yes, I believe we'll get it anytime soon, Dele is on his way here"

"Hmm"

A knock sounded on her door, Uche stood up to get it.

Dennis came in looking worried, "Good evening officers"

"Good evening Mr Dennis" they replied in unison.

"Amarachi just told me that you said the guy, Kelvin told you that she was the one who carried out the murder, that he warned her not to go after which she refused adamantly" he continued as he sat

"Yes, that's exactly what he said." Helen replied.

"That guy is a criminal" Dennis snapped angrily, hitting his hands on the table. "How can he tell such a lie?"

"Calm down mister, you're in the police station" Helen scolded him. "I told you before, what you need to do is advise her to tell us the whole truth and you can just tell us whatever she has told you"

"She's told you everything already"

"No, dhe hasn't" Helen continued, her attention wad diverted as her phone rang.

"Yes, Dele. Meet me right in my office right away" She answered the call and took a look at Uche. "He's on his way here already"

"Okay" Uche replied, his faced showed anxiety. "Ma, doesn't he need to excuse us?"

"No just leave him" Helen answered.

In less than one minute, a young slim man walked into the office.

"Here's the report" he announced after greeting them, he placed a paper on the table. "The blood sample on the knife is the same is the same as the blood of the deceased"

***END OF CHAPTER TWENTY SIX***

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by JojoBlue(f): 9:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
I hate to say this but I think Ini is connected to this murder case

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
hehe okay oo

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by d4real890(m): 10:57pm On Apr 28, 2015
O oyinprince let thine be light in the life of amarachi and kelvin for they are in need of ur help
Bola and sandra will never knw peace for the rest of their life #angrymoodactivated#
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 28, 2015
JojoBlue:
I hate to say this but I think Ini is connected to this murder case

I totally agree with you on that.... maybe she way tryna implicate Amarachi. the story keeps unfolding in difft direction
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Queening(f): 6:26am On Apr 29, 2015
Whaaaaat!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by rotluv: 10:26am On Apr 29, 2015
I guess frank's murderers are, bola's ex fiance with d involvement of d other chief.
because frank was the only obstacle to them achieving their aim.
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by silverx(m): 6:05pm On Apr 29, 2015
I strongly believe that KEN is the person behind the death of frank.
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by niffy102: 6:19pm On Apr 29, 2015
smileyi love ur story.....weldone
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
silverx:
I strongly believe that KEN is the person behind the death of frank.
no! I don't think so. Am sure it bola's ex and his dad that committed the crime, remember he vowed to destroy any obstacle hindering them from reaching to their political dreams, my opinion though.
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
Wow,that's a nice piece of writing but please update cos its getting more interesting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (39) (Reply)

My Complicated Love Story / The Reluctant Bride / First Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.