Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship (268049 Views)

A Christmas Miracle - New Romance Story About Christmas / Class Clash- A story about love and family background/status / The University Village - A Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 11:26pm On Feb 05, 2015
cheskabiney:
Oyin U are too good. You will make bestseller easy if U go global. Keep it up. kiss
yea, thanks. My head dey swell o cheesy
stuff46:
Ladies with lack of trust problem be like finding a virgin in this 21st Century. Lol
oga prince we de yur back
thanks bro

Thanks all, can't quote y'all, keep the comments coming.
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by labaski(f): 11:28pm On Feb 05, 2015
first to read..and first to comment.. tnks oyinprince..i really pity ds amarachi o..God go help ha sha..
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by therealbabe(f): 7:02am On Feb 06, 2015
This Ini girl self

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by aprilwise(m): 7:59am On Feb 06, 2015
Ini is making mountain out of a hill.
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 07, 2015
ini should have used her senses.well;maybe she has none
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Missmossy(f): 6:18pm On Feb 07, 2015
Ini should stop all of these, her jealousy won't take her anywhere. I really like Ama being cool despite everything. Welldone Oyinprince, the story is such an enthralling one.

2 Likes

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by aprilwise(m): 7:33pm On Feb 07, 2015
I came to check if Ini is still misbehaving nd treating Ama bad.
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by therealbabe(f): 7:41pm On Feb 07, 2015
Come and update o
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by cheskabiney: 12:39pm On Feb 08, 2015
Oyin abeg update ok. I no go fit wait any longer. Suspense dey worry me.
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 9:57am On Feb 09, 2015
Hi all. Sorry for the absence of updates, being offline for some days now due to my bad ba3.

I'll be typing my next update when I'm done with lectures today. I promise it would be a long one

smiley

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Mimikathy(f): 11:10am On Feb 09, 2015
JulietAKK:
It's better for Ini to tell Ama to her house than behave the way she is

Exactly, since thinks Ama is bad & she can no longer tolerate her. She shd save d poor gal some stress n simply tell her 2 go

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 10:33pm On Feb 09, 2015
...continuation

Amarachi was busy in the kitchen, she just finished preparing Ini's favourite food, Fried rice. She also fried some plantain.

It was 6.30pm and Ini wasn't home yet. Amarachi being concerned about her made a call to ask where she was since she was supposed to have returned by then.

"Hello Ini"

"Yes?"

"I was wondering why you not at home yet. I just finished preparing dinner"

"What's your business with when I come home?" Ini snapped back

"I'm just concerned dear, since you didn't tell me you won't be coming home early"

"Cheii. Please don't call me for something so unnecessary again. And dinner? I'm not interested, you can eat alone"

Ama was saddened by the response, she was short of words to say. Before the call ended, she heard a female voice which wasn't Ini say

"That Amarachi girl again abi?

She walked into her room, the first thing her eyes met was her Bible, she picked it up and flipped it open, the first verse she saw was 1st Peter 5:7

" Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."

She wondered why she had tried to solve the problem by herself without involving God all this while. She knelt down by her bed and said some words of prayer.

*At Bola's place *

"Don't tell me that girl is still with you. Ain't you supposed to have sent her away"

"I can't send her away", Ini replied. "Though I'm angry with her, she's still ny friend"

"Friend my foot, she's your friend and she wants to ruin your relationship?"

"I don't know, I'm confused. Kelvin says nothing happened between them that day. Maybe what you saw was wrong, you only thought they kissed"

"Hehehe, Ini" Bola continued. "This girl must have bewitched you, I know what I saw."

"But I didn't see them kissing and Kelvin says they didn't too"

"Kelvin is only trying to defend her. I saw her desperately pulling his head towards her that day and kissing him"

"Ah ahn"Ini questioned, "I don't get o, but you said they were passionately kissing that day?"

"Yeah... But ermm... She initiated it"

"I don't still get"

"See Ini, Amarachi is a LovePeddler. She's even after my boyfriend Frank, whom I am now pregnant for"

"That's a lie, Amarachi is not after Frank. And how is Frank your boyfriend? Kelvin says there's nothing between you and Frank"

"Kelvin says? Who is Kelvin and what does he know about me?"

"Oh! That's another thing entirely, you don't even know Kelvin. You only met him when you came to the hospital."

"Yes?"

"That's another proof that you are lying. Kelvin and Frank are friends, they even live together. I wonder how you don't know Kelvin If Frank is really your boyfriend"

"See, I've never been to Frank's house so I don't know his friends, but he is my boyfriend and we'll be getting married soon because I'm pregnant for him already"

"I think I have to leave now. You're just
confusing me with all these"

"There's nothing to be confused about Ini. See", she went closer and held Ini's hands. "Amarachi is not to be trusted, you know we've never disagreed on a matter like this till she came. Just send her away, that girl is a devil. You said you got reprimanded today, that means she's already plotting a way to pull you down at the office I'm sure she's also planning to take over your house"

Ini thought for a while and gave a brief hiss before she continued, "She can't do that, No. I know her."

She picked up her bag and proceeded to the door, "thank you Bola, I'll see you later".

Before she drove off in her car, she made a call.

"Hello Kelvin, where are you?"... Can I see you now? ... Don't bother, I'll come to your house,I believe I'm close by, just give me the address... Okay, I know that place well, expect me there in five minutes"

... to be continued

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 09, 2015
think ini is coming back to her senses

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 11:10pm On Feb 09, 2015
...continuation

"Oh boy, this palour has to be neat sharp sharp o" Kelvin said leaving his friends on the rug where they were all seated playing cards

"Wetin? E no neat before" Frank replied him in pidgin English.

"Wetin this one dey talk? You no dey play again? Na who call you self? " Bode asked

"My babe, Ini. She wants to come here."

"Ehn ehn, why all of a sudden? Why didn't she tell you before?" Frank asked getting and packing the cards.

"Dunno. She said she wants to discuss something brief with me" he replied returning the sofas to the original positions.

"Okay na, that means I will have postpone your beatings till next time" Bode teased his friends as he picked up his shirt and walked towards the room.

"Hahaha, see this one o. Don't worry we'll see who will be beaten next time" Frank joined.

"Okay, I'll come meet you there now." Kelvin answered a call and walked out of the house.

In less than one minute, he came back into the living room with Ini.

"Here's my house, you're welcome"

"Thanks, you have a nice place. What about your friends?"

"They are in their rooms, I guess. So, you said you just wanted to see me briefly, hope its nothing serious?"

"Nope, just ask you about some things"

"Okay. But first, what can I offer you?"

"No, don't bother. I won't stay for long"

"Yeah, I know. But you have to take something" Kelvin insisted.

"Okay, just get me a cup of water then"

"A cup of water? Hmm, I see" Kelvin walked into the kitchen, he returned with a cup and chilled fruit juice"

"Oh! Thanks" Ini smiled at him

"You're welcome, feel free" he said as he sat beside her

"Thanks" she took a sip. " So tell me what you think about Amarachi ?"

"What I think about her?"

"Yes"

"She's your Friend, I don't know much about her but she seems nice to me"

"Okay, so she didn't try to force herself on you?" Ini asked narrowing her gaze at him.

"Come on, don't go there again. We've been through it several times already. Who told you she forced herself on me?"

"Bola did, she said she saw her trying to force herself on you"

"Who's this Bola? Your friend who met us at the hospital?"

"Yes and she's also the one who claims to be Frank's girlfriend" She spoke in low tones

"Oh! That's she? I don't even recognise her."

"Okay?"

"Look Ini, that girl is cunning, She's pretty good at lying and deceiving. There was nothing that happened at the hospital that day"

"Hmmm"

"And you see, she's also trying to coerce Frank into marrying her now, she claims she's pregnant for him"

"She's pregnant for him? I thought she was lying when she told me", Ini looked at him suspiciously.

"Wait, I don't get anymore. You said there was nothing between them before, now you're saying she's pregnant for him?"

"Yes, there was..." Kelvin started to explain but stopped as Frank and Bode walked into the living room.

"Oh! See who we have here", Bode exclaimed. " the Angel that has been driving our friend crazy has come to visit us. How are you?" He extended his hand to her.

"I'm fine, thank you." She smiled as she shook his hand.

"Nice to see you again" Frank also shook her hands, "how is Amarachi?"

"Oh! She's doing fine"

"Good, send my greetings to her"

"Okay, She'll hear"

"Alright, we were actually on our way out, we need to check out the fixtures for next week" Bode continued

"Hope you guys are not leaving because of me?"

" No o, we'll be back soon. Enjoy yourself"

"Okay, thanks"

As soon as they were out of sight, Kelvin continued

"See, the matter between Frank and Bola is complicated. You might not..."

"Okay kelv, I just need to know if there's something between them. " Ini interrupted.

"Yes, there is now. Something just came up" Kelvin said calmly.

"Its okay, I have to leave now" Ini replied after she took a glance at her wrist watch and stood up immediately.

"Ini" he called holding her hands

"Yeah Kelvin. Don't worry, we'll talk later. Its nice knowing your place. I don't want to be hooked up in the traffic jam"

"Okay, can we see tomorrow evening?" He asked as he walked her to her car.

"Okay, just call me"

"Alright, bye." He stood and watched Ini drive off until the car was out of sight, he returned to the house

As Ini drove home, she thought about all she had heard that day. She wondered who to trust, Bola had said she caught Kelvin and Amarachi kissing passionately before only to change it to Amarachi being the one forcing the action. Kelvin had also lied to her about Frank not being in a relationship with Bola before only to confirm that Bola as pregnant for Frank that day.

She thought about Amarachi, she knew deep in her hear that Amarachi wasn't a deceiver. But the problem Amarachi always seem to take the most important things to her especially what if she had been working on it for a long time. Whether Amarachi purposely does it to frustrate her or if it was just fate was what she didn't know.

In less than thirty minutes of driving, she got home. The living room was empty as she got in, Amarachi was in her room.
Hungry and tired, Ini walked to the dining table. The aroma that invited her was irresistible, she opened the plate to check, it was her favourite food.

She was about to sit and eat when she remembered she had earlier told Amarachi she wouldn't be eating. She got up sadly, refusing to swallow her pride and walked towards her room immediately.

"Good evening Ini" Amarachi greeted from behind

Ini looked back and stopped without replying

"I served your food already"

"Hahaha, you served my food? Who's gonna rat that poison you prepared?" Ini hissed at her and walked into her room deeply regretting that she didn't even taste the food.

...to be continued

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 11:20pm On Feb 09, 2015
labaski:
first to read..and first to comment.. tnks oyinprince..i really pity ds amarachi o..God go help ha sha..
Welcome mam, I guess this your first comment here. Thanks for reading
aprilwise:
Ini is making mountain out of a hill.
Hmmm...

prettydiva89:
ini should have used her senses.well;maybe she has none

Lol, u dey para ni?
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 11:24pm On Feb 09, 2015
therealbabe:
Come and update o
cheskabiney:
Oyin abeg update ok. I no go fit wait any longer. Suspense dey worry me.
Updated, sorry for the delay.

Missmossy:
Ini should stop all of these, her jealousy won't take her anywhere. I really like Ama being cool despite everything. Welldone Oyinprince, the story is such an enthralling one.
Thanks
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by cheskabiney: 12:45am On Feb 10, 2015
Nice one. Thanks. Ini is being mean for nothing ooo
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 10, 2015
Oyinprince:

Lol, u dey para ni?
shey na lie
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by cheskabiney: 8:26pm On Feb 10, 2015
Oga oyin today I check like thirty times already. Abeg update am. I dey wait ooooo.
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by aprilwise(m): 8:30pm On Feb 10, 2015
Ini is just been insecured. I don't like how is treating Ama.
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 10:17pm On Feb 10, 2015
...continuation

"She's gone already?" Bode questioned Kelvin as he walked in with Frank

"Yep, she only came to see me briefly"

"Good, so should we continue with our cards now?"

"Ahn ahn, don't you want to know anything apart from cards? Me, I'm tired o" , Kelvin whined and continued after a brief silence

"Well, I have good news guys. I found a good apartment I would like to move into"

"Hmmm, where's the place?" Bode asked

"Around Mandate estate. I wanna go there on saturday, will you come with me?"

"Yeah sure, we will" Bode replied excitedly.

"And Frank too?" Kelvin asked and turned to Frank who gave no answer because he was already deep in thoughts and not listening to their conversation

"Ahn ahn, what's the matter Frank? Why are you absentminded? You've been acting strangely since we greeted Ini and went out" Bode ask hitting Frank slightly on the shoulder with his elbow.

"Mtchew. See guys, let me tell you the truth. I've just been trying to keep this in but I can't anymore. I'm going crazy everyday when I think i will have to live my life without Amarachi. Truth is I've not been able to get her off my mind. The feelings I have for her is growing stronger the more I try to suppress it." He paused and looked at Kelvin with pleading eyes. "Can you tell me their address? I wish to see and speak with her even if its for the last time"

"Ooooooh oh, this Amarachi matter again? Why can't you just forget about her? I don't think I can let you know the address, that might cause a lil trouble for me" Kelvin replied.
"She might never get to love you back, so why don't you just move on with someone else"

"Move on with someone else? Bola?" Kelvin questioned. "And tell me, how will giving me the address cause any trouble for you?"

"Forget about the address Frank and face the challenges you have. I suggest that you try to get along with Bola"

Frank got up and looked at Kelvin with disgust in his eyes, he looked at Bode who was just quiet and listening to them and looked back at kelvin.

"I don't believe you are saying this, how can you suggest I move along with someone like Bola?"

"That might be the only option. Amarachi is probably somewhere now enjoying the love of another man and you're killing yourself here"

"Why won't you say that? When getting Ini for you was so easy" Frank flared up.

"Look here, I'm only telling you the truth. Stop behaving like a kid"

"Me a kid? Something must be wrong with you upstairs"

"Don't insult me Frank" Kelvin stood up and faced him.

"It's okay guys" Bode interrupted. "Don't let this turn into a fight, lets just take dinner and go to bed, we'll discuss this properly later"

"Talk to your friend Bode, tell him to stop acting like a fool" Frank replied and left the living room to his bedroom.

"It's okay" Bode said to Kelvin who was looking at Frank as he walked away. "You know Frank well, you would have been more careful."

"The guy just behaves like a kid, why does he want to kill himself on a girl who doesn't even care if he exists"

"It's okay. Lets go take dinner now"

END OF CHAPTER NINETEEN

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 10, 2015
na love oo Kelvin leave frank alone

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 10:42pm On Feb 10, 2015
CHAPTER TWENTY

Amarachi's alarm went off by 5am, she did set the alarm wheb she decided to go to work that day and forgot to turn it off after Kelvin told her her office wouldn't be opened. She couldn't sleep back so she got up at ten minutes to six after hesistating for a while to do some domestic jobs.

She recalled the last night incident where Ini had refused to eat the meal she took time to prepare. She got to the dinning table and met the small cooler still covered the way she left it. She picked up the cooler but was surprised that the weight of had reduced.

On opening it, she found out that someone had changed her mind and decided to take her dinner in the midnight. A portion of the food was neatly taken and the rest in the small cooler was covered and kept neatly probably to discard any suspicions of someone eating from it.

Ama had finished with the washing and was already preparing breakfast when Ini walked into the kitchen to take a cup of water wearing a bony face. As she finished drinking and dropoed the cup, she noticed Ama was staring at her.

"Yes, what is it?"

Ama replied with a smile and placed her hand on the cooler which was on the slab.

Seeing the cooler made Ini remember how she had crawled out of her bedroom at midnight to eat part of the food. She felt like a seven year old kid who has just been caught by her mother stealing meat from the pot of soup.

"Ehn, ehn? You can't even prepare a nice meal, the plantain you fried were the worst I've heard in years, you really need some cooking lessons" She snapped trying to put up a serious face but was surprised as Amarachi kept smiling at her and remain unmoved by her words.

"Good morning Ini" Ama greeted and turned back to continue with her work.

"Good morning", she replied with a forced smile and left the kitchen in a hurry like a kid who just bed wetted and was running from her friends to avoid disgrace.

The friends didn't say anything else to each other that morning again, Ini drove to work silently, wondering if Ama was trying to intimidate her in her own house.

... to be continued

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 10:44pm On Feb 10, 2015
More updates later, too tired to continue this night
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by therealbabe(f): 10:52pm On Feb 10, 2015
prettydiva89:
na love oo Kelvin leave frank alone
the love an mumu love
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 10, 2015
therealbabe:
the love an mumu love
wetin make u say that
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by therealbabe(f): 11:13pm On Feb 10, 2015
prettydiva89:

wetin make u say that
The way he's tormenting himself na
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 11, 2015
therealbabe:
The way he's tormenting himself na
okay
Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by cheskabiney: 10:51am On Feb 11, 2015
Frank forget about amarachi ooo coz me I like Dennis already and he deserves her. Oyin please don't delay with update ok. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by therealbabe(f): 11:41am On Feb 11, 2015
cheskabiney:
Frank forget about amarachi ooo coz me I like Dennis already and he deserves her. Oyin please don't delay with update ok. Thank you.
same thing I'm thinking. He should just forget about her

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 11, 2015
cheskabiney:
lets leave that to the op,their destinies rest on his shoulder like that of Camelot rest on Merlin

1 Like

Re: INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship by Harmonyemerald(f): 9:12pm On Feb 11, 2015
Nice story, nice imagery techinique but episodes are short

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

My Complicated Love Story / The Reluctant Bride / First Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.