Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,728 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:25 AM

My Voracious Boyfriend - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Voracious Boyfriend (1926 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Voracious Boyfriend by divalishis: 9:07am On Dec 18, 2014
I really need help. I met my boyfriend a couple of years ago. He was a struggling young man Then. He did things hustling young men do like Hopping on bikes, and playing the occasional football game.

We had a period when We broke up But We are now back together and are in a very very serious relationship.

My boyfriend is very comfortable now, and has some modest investments too. With all the trappings a woman could Wish for. He treats me nicely, he proudly introduces me as his woman to all and sundry. He is not perfect But he loves me and is very much attracted to me.

The issue however is his weight. I am not comfortable with it at all. I thought it was something We could handle easily But I recently noticed his eating habits are out of control. Maybe this wouldnt have mattered if he exercises but he hardly walks, rather he drives everywhere.

He is always chewing, munching, sipping, drinking, licking, cracking or gnawing something. As in, his mouth is always moving.

I am concerned not just about the physical ramifications of this But the health ones too. Apart from the fact that he looked better at the former weight, I have started noticing some health related stuff he never used to have (I don't want to mention What exactly ).

Please How do I handle this and How do I put it to him in a way I won't hurt his feelings?
Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by adebayour26: 9:10am On Dec 18, 2014
Tell it to him in love. Make him read books & see reasons why he should watch his diet.

1 Like

Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by Melahou(m): 9:12am On Dec 18, 2014
The only way to handle it is to take him the way he is and accept it or allow him go.
It's a habit so it may take a life time trying to make it right.
Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 18, 2014
Have you tried talking to him?

Okay please do. Set up a friendly atmosphere and talk to him intelligently as you write. Let him see your concern & reasons.
Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by amichaelz101(m): 9:19am On Dec 18, 2014
Olx him grin

2 Likes

Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by ammyluv2002(f): 9:19am On Dec 18, 2014
Even the bible condemns gluttons! Let him know how you feel and see if he's ready to make amends.
Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by holatin(m): 9:27am On Dec 18, 2014
Wake him up at midnight to express your displeasure or tell him at d end of a sex dat his weight........
Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by SAMBARRY: 9:39am On Dec 18, 2014
Oya chair cover your attention is needed here
Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 18, 2014
Melahou:
The only way to handle it is to take him the way he is and accept it or allow him go.
It's a habit so it may take a life time trying to make it right.
if it was a girl, it would have been she must hit the gym sharp sharp abi? cheesy

7 Likes

Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 18, 2014
OP you could encourage him to lose weight by suggesting that you guys eat healthier meals, and maybe you could both start engaging in more physical activities when you go out. Go for long walks, join the gym, try out new sports instead just spending your weekends indoors. You both will benefit from it.

Figure out which healthy foods he likes that and encourage him to replace his guilty pleasures with that. You could even suggest that you both start seeing a dietician.

1 Like

Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by KingTom(m): 9:46am On Dec 18, 2014
Mondisweets:
OP you could encourage him to lose weight by suggesting that you guys eat healthier meals, and maybe you could both start engaging in more physical activities when you go out. Go for long walks, join the gym, try out new sports instead just spending your weekends indoors. You both will benefit from it.
Physical activities shocked shocked
Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 18, 2014
KingTom:
Physical activities shocked shocked
see your life. What are you thinking?
Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by dapsy4u2(m): 9:53am On Dec 18, 2014
divalishis:
I really need help. I met my boyfriend a couple of years ago. He was a struggling young man Then. He did things hustling young men do like Hopping on bikes, and playing the occasional football game.

We had a period when We broke up But We are now back together and are in a very very serious relationship.

My boyfriend is very comfortable now, and has some modest investments too. With all the trappings a woman could Wish for. He treats me nicely, he proudly introduces me as his woman to all and sundry. He is not perfect But he loves me and is very much attracted to me.

The issue however is his weight. I am not comfortable with it at all. I thought it was something We could handle easily But I recently noticed his eating habits are out of control. Maybe this wouldnt have mattered if he exercises but he hardly walks, rather he drives everywhere.

He is always chewing, munching, sipping, drinking, licking, cracking or gnawing something. As in, his mouth is always moving.

I am concerned not just about the physical ramifications of this But the health ones too. Apart from the fact that he looked better at the former weight, I have started noticing some health related stuff he never used to have (I don't want to mention What exactly ).

Please How do I handle this and How do I put it to him in a way I won't hurt his feelings?

@the bolded, if you can mention, then how do you want people to help you??
Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 18, 2014
That's one of the wicked after effects of poverty.
When one dreams of eating and drinking some things and finally gets to the point he can afford these things easily they tend to go crazy and eat and drink till they drop. He will now see walking as " suffering " and driving as " enjoyment ".

Sadly things that can arise from weight gain are high blood pressure, diabetes shortness of breath and poor sexu- al stamina and performance.

Sad thing about hia current state of mind is that he assumes he is enjoying and if you try to tell him he needs to reduce his food and drink intake he may tag you an enemy of progress. Worse is if he has people around him who have been so beaten by poverty too and they assume weight gain and over eating is a sign of " arriving" then only God can intervene and save him

What can you do? Find the right time and right tone to speak with him. Do a lot of research on what he consumes, benefits of walking and exercise, benefits of eating healthy and effects of weight and unhealthy living. I say do research so you can speak with facts and figures infact if you can do a small summary as a form of a 3 pager give him to read. Tell him you love him hence you are really concerned about his health.

However have it in mind that its his money his body and his mouth, only him can save himself and till he decides to stay healthy there is nothing much you can do

7 Likes

Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by KingTom(m): 10:25am On Dec 18, 2014
Mondisweets:
see your life. What are you thinking?
I am thinking of Pounding and grinding and bumping and chucking grin
Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 18, 2014
u know sey person wey dey suffer since, by d time tinz are taking shape, he will begin to eat uncontrollably as make up for d past frequent G4 soakings
Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by sandiyke(f): 10:50am On Dec 18, 2014
My dear in addition to wht d others have said, start preparing healthy meals that comprises of all classes of nutrients in their right proportions.

Gradually replace his finger foods or snacks with fruits and vegetables(do ensure you have these stock up in your refrigerator)

For the drinks, you could make them all natural by blending them and also refrigirating them.

These would all be effective after talking with him and he puts his heart to it. Wish you all the best cos it would require lots of commitment.

1 Like

Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 18, 2014
You are very naughty grin
KingTom:
Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by KingTom(m): 11:32am On Dec 18, 2014
Mondisweets:
You are very naughty grin
grin grin grin
Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by soonest(f): 12:31pm On Dec 18, 2014
dapsy4u2:

@the bolded, if you can mention, then how do you want people to help you??
Swear say you no know. Moreover that part is not important now
Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 18, 2014
divalishis:

just tell him the way he is going, he is gonna give birth before you. You wouldnt want that would you?
I tell you, you wont hurt his feelings.

As per the bolded, he should take it easy, food no dey run.

He can replace the munching etc with bitter kola.
Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
i have put on a lot of weight over the years , the missus basically started dragging me out on morning jogging, and reducing my rations.
i ve lost weight now, and look and feel much better

you need to harrass him. hopefully you have an exercise routine you also follow - this can push him.

go and buy him exercise gear, and drag him out for exercise in the weekend mornings.

you can also try to replace the soft drink etal in the house with sugar free juice, buy brown sugar to replace honey.

it may be hard sha, esp if no one else is telling he is fat. i used to be very muscular [six packs and all] before and the shock from people who were seeing for the first time in years was a good motivator as well
Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by dapsy4u2(m): 1:44pm On Dec 18, 2014
soonest:

Swear say you no know. Moreover that part is not important now

grin i dey find her mouth. Orijin or alomo can solve that ish. lol

1 Like

Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by Wendy80(f): 2:04pm On Dec 18, 2014
Just reminded me of my former boss who likes food and sugary things and his tummy is more than a 9month old pregnant woman. When I talked to him about loosing weight he told me his tummy is a sign of big man. I gave up.

@ OP, communication is key here. Let him know u are uncomfortable. Send him health issues caused by heavy weight thru mails. Encourage him to work out by working out yourself too.
They are a lot of documentaries on fat pple who have become liability on people around them, get him to watch dem.
Lastly I'm sure u don't wanto start ur marriage babysitting a grown fat man or spending ur entire day in d kitchen or spending so much on food cos of Ur man's lifestyle, so PLS speak Up now.
Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by zemaye: 3:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
Chillisauce:

just tell him the way he is going, he is gonna give birth before you. You wouldnt want that would you?
I tell you, you wont hurt his feelings.

As per the bolded, he should take it easy, food no dey run.

He can replace the munching etc with bitter kola.

grin
That one na red old cargo teeth you dey invite o!
Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by zemaye: 3:22pm On Dec 18, 2014
Op if you no dey do exercise before start and encourage him to join you! Tell him all the benefit it brings add humor, tell him how it is humorously as some suggested!!! Best wishes
Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by veave(f): 3:57pm On Dec 18, 2014
Thank God your problem is manageable. Congrats to you.

Well, the problem is between his eyes, hands and mouth...
I used to have a petite stature until i started eating at impulse...
One day i sat down and told myself the truth. If you can get him to say no even when a juicy portion of chicken is in front of him then your problem is over. Try to get healthy alternatives. E.g, he can chew a stick of carrot instead of a of suya (difficult i know) but it helps...
Sugar free drinks. Reduce the carbohydrate intake.

Peace...

1 Like

Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by jadelyn007(f): 4:48pm On Dec 18, 2014
Op cheat on him joor, how dare he get fat when u met him fit. Find yourself one sexy guy as an assistant tongue

4 Likes

Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by nnamdiosu(m): 5:59pm On Dec 18, 2014
divalishis:

my dear talk is cheap o. something neck deep in a situation like that doesn't just need talking alone. he needs action. its time to start locking up food. also you yourself need to start the gyming stuff. try to beg, insist, cry e.t.c that he follows you o. drastic situations require drastic solutions.
Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by PHAYOL81: 9:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
KingTom:

see i'll surely call d mod on u 4 assualt of my innocent self,molesting my sight and corrupting my phone screen.i'll welkom a pretty babe 4 a bribe thou and u gatta hasten up on dat b4 i press 911.8-)

1 Like

Re: My Voracious Boyfriend by mentorandfriend(m): 1:21am On Dec 19, 2014
Aprime:
Have you tried talking to him?

Okay please do. Set up a friendly atmosphere and talk to him intelligently as you write. Let him see your concern & reasons.

(1) (Reply)

Why Did You Meet Your Spouse? / Help Me To Help Her. / How I Feel As The Only Child Of My Parents.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.