Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,864 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Anglican Church Opposes Double Catholic Ticket In Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anglican Church Opposes Double Catholic Ticket In Enugu (805 Views)

Saraki: My Original Sin Was Opposing Muslim/Muslim Ticket In The APC / Bishop Oyedepo Said He Will Open The Gates Of Hell On Whoever Opposes GEJ. / Anglican Church Opposes Catholic-catholic Ticket In Enugu Guber Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anglican Church Opposes Double Catholic Ticket In Enugu by EvilBrain1(m): 12:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
In a clear example of the kind of idïocy you get when you mix religion and politics with an ignorant parochial mentality, the Anglican church in Enugu is demanding that the post of deputy governor be zoned to one of its members. The Anglican archbishop of Enugu Ecclesiastical Province, Rt. Rev. Emmanuel Chukwuma made this sënseless demand at a press briefing attended by 7 other Anglican bishops.

Apparently, these people think that Enugu is a cake that Catholics and Anglicans get to divide among themselves. They think politicians are defined by their religion first and foremost, ahead of any other thing. It doesn't bother them that Pentecostals, Traditionalists, Atheists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eckankar, Guru Maharaji followers and other religious groups don't have a candidate. Just that the Anglicans must have or else! The PDP and all other parties must change their primary procedures to accommodate the Anglicans. Because their unfounded beliefs are better than every other religion's unfounded beliefs.

From the Daily Trust, via allafrica.com:

Enugu — The Anglican Church in Enugu State has faulted alleged attempts by Governor Sullivan Chime to install Catholics as governor and deputy governor of the state next year.

The Archbishop of Enugu Ecclesiastical Province of the Anglican Communion, Rt. Rev. Dr Emmanuel Chukwuma, disclosed the stance of the church at a news conference in Enugu yesterday.

Flanked at the briefing by seven other Anglican bishops, Chukwuma warned that there would be crisis in the state if an Anglican is not made deputy governor.

According to him, the administration of Governor Chime has done many things to marginalise Anglicans in the state, and they have tolerated him enough. He said if the governor wants trouble before leaving office, the Anglicans were ready to give it to him.

He stated clearly that Anglicans were unhappy with their marginalisation in the state politics.

Chukwuma said he regretted that Governor Chime has not appreciated the Anglicans despite the fact that one of them, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, is a "very great chief mover of politics in the state," who with their support, has conceded a lot to making peace prevail in the state.

He said the Anglicans were getting discouraged by the way Chime failed to appreciate that even his second term was made possible by Ekweremadu and is now trying to marginalise Anglicans.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201412180898.html
Re: Anglican Church Opposes Double Catholic Ticket In Enugu by lomprico(m): 12:49pm On Dec 18, 2014
Really very stewpid indeed.
Re: Anglican Church Opposes Double Catholic Ticket In Enugu by EvilBrain1(m): 12:59pm On Dec 18, 2014
Nigerians need to stop with this nonsense. Before it was Obasanjo telling APC chose a christian to be Buhari's running mate. Then there's Buhari himself selecting "pastors" each time he runs as an apparent attempt to counter the PDP's "Muslim fanatic" smear campaign. There's CAN and their many shenanigans. There's zoning between Christians and Muslims in Kaduna. Plus dozens of similar cases at lower political levels all over the country.

We all need to understand that when you become president (or governor or whatever) you are the president of everybody. You are not elected to represent just people from your village or state or religion or sect, you are elected to serve everybody. We need to keep this sectarian bullshit out of our politics. We have to demand that public servants park their religion outside when they come to work.

If you are an Anglican from Enugu, you should think about writing to your bishop and Archbishop and tell them to STFU and stop embarrassing you. One of the reasons I'm living openly as an atheist is because I refuse to allow any religious clown claiming to represent me to make any such stupid statements on my behalf. I may just be one little drop of water, but I refuse to contribute to their dirty bucket.

(1) (Reply)

On Nigeria's Economy During Gen. Buhari's 20 Month Unremarkable Rule. / Agric Minister Challenges Predecessor: ‘unlike You, We Have Evidence Of Performa / Twitter User Taunts Doyin Okupe, Reuben Abati And Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.