Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,533 members, 7,823,316 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. (22042 Views)

Jobs For 3rd Class And Pass Graduates / Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! / Vacancy For 3rd Class And Pass Graduates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by duttybarb(f): 8:26pm On Aug 12, 2006
I M SORRY BUT WHY LEAVE SCHOOL WITHOUT A USEFUL GRADE. 2.2 IS USELESS BT AT LEAST ITS SMETHNG. BUT A 3RD CLASS, HA!, GO AND OPEN UR OWN BUSINESS. IM SORRY BUT ITS THE TRUTH. AM I WRONG?
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by cosmorpel(m): 11:31pm On Aug 12, 2006
@dutty, wat is d bases of dis topic now? All u want pple wit low grade 2 die.
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by Remmzy(m): 2:01am On Aug 13, 2006
@cosmorpel:
@dutty, what is d bases of this topic now? All u want people wit low grade 2 die.
[b]i don't think duttybarb is trying to humiliate the grade2 or whatever grin, i believe this will help those that are still battling with their degree to fasten their belt of knowledge cool. [/b]dat's it!
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by kafero(m): 11:14am On Aug 13, 2006
duttybarb, I guess u came out with 1st class & u r feelin cul.Life is more than grade. After three years u left school your grade dont matter anymore. U then after to depend on what u carry inside. People who r really successful didnt ve no good grade- some r drop outs if u care to know.Admittedly we all need the GRACE of GOD! Guess what- people who ve gud grades without a life purpose end up working for peolple with poor grade who discovered their purpose in life: it is a law of Life!
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by pisky(f): 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2006
duttybarb tongue
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by ochans(m): 2:52pm On Aug 14, 2006
duttybarb, i think you shouldn't come up with the idea " about grades" altough is good to come out with good grades, but we all know what the nigerian system is. It's not all that deserves it end up getting the so called good grades. But all the same we shouldn't lay more emphasy on grades but rather on how we have developed our selves. I think enough is enough on PAPER qualifiaction.
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by ogs(m): 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2006
Hello, what is the noise about this grade thing? It is actually good to graduate with a good grade, but that is not the end or beginning of the world! I graduated with a 2.1, and this guy i just met grad with a 2.2, i must confess this guy is good! so what's the HUSH HUSH about?

1 Like

Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by kuntakinte(m): 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2006
aving monitore this duttybarbfor some time, I have come to a conclusion, I think he's(she's) got a complex. She's got this tick about getting noticed, makes u wonder, maybe she was neglected during her childhood and is trying to play catch-up here. Good luck to her! Again, if she's such a bomb like she wants us to believe, how come she's not gotten a job? I wonder
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by nunu(f): 5:40pm On Aug 14, 2006
hello kuntakinte,so you noticed too that duttybarb wants attention.

@duttybarb
first class,2.1,2.2,3rd class,pass are all grades.go to school and make the one you want to make and leave others alone.it ain't your business if they made whatever grades they made,hmm.

1 Like

Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by kuntakinte(m): 4:52pm On Aug 16, 2006
Nunu my sister, i dey hail o! I just tire for some people here! I visit this job sections because I 'm anxious to get info on job vacancies. Then what do I get? Some dumb head calling herself (why do I keep thinking she must be a girl?) Duttybarb comes here to yak all sorts of nonsense. Everytime she opens her mouth she writes an encyclopaedia! We're not interested in her views again.
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by ishmael(m): 1:06pm On Aug 17, 2006
Nunu and Kuntakinte, una dey worry una selves. Na proper nigerian she be. Ceritificate and grade crazy; but give am one small thing to use common sense do, them no go fit use their heads think well. Some people sef, na only God know why him no make dem to be god if not we 4 don finish!! After all with your money or with you body you can get a 1st class in nigeria. Make una no mind them. Na 2day??
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by bechex(m): 9:58am On Aug 18, 2006
Dutty barb na wa for you oh , i thot u had repented of this ur negativity when u indirectly appologised on the "gate crashers" thread . It seems i was wrong. Now let me tell u and anyone who cares to know the grade matters right , but the individual desire to succed matters more, and also a little bit of luck wink.
Let me share a personal experience with u. I had a friend in school then, who finished with a 3rd class, and we all thot (just like u ) that he could not do anything with the degree. That guy knew that he had to acquire some other skills to augment his certificate, and that he did during his service year. He got a job immediately after service while i had to wait for 11 months after service to get a job that pays less than the job he got embarassed.
Thats not all. Some guys in school then who felt on top of the world because they had a 2.1 standing had extra year because they failed some final year courses. Right now as i write, they are still serving their father land and collecting =N=8500 (i get that in two days),aint life a bitch cause it f**ks us all.
So please dutty barb change that crude orientation u have and change it fast. (how old r u self, it seema u aint seen nottin yet , and i pray u dont see.)
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by duttybarb(f): 10:33am On Aug 18, 2006
U PEOPLE ALWAYS DISAPPOINT ME. LOOK WE ARE ALL NIGERIANS. THERE ARE UNDERGRADUATES THAT COME TO THIS WEBSITE, THESE ARE THINGS THEY NEED TO KNOW. I LEFT SCHOOL LAST YEAR AND JUST FINISHED SERVING. I GOT A 2.1 AND IN MY EXPERIENCE, THAT IS WAT GETS THE RESULTS. I AVE NO CONNECTIONS AT ALL ONLY GOD AND EVEN IF I DID MY GRADE WIL DETERMINE THE LEVEL OF SUCCESS OF THEIR HELP. EMPLOYERS ARE FOR GRADE AND EXPERIENCE. I KNOW I AM RITE AND U KNOW I AM RIGHT. U PEOPLE SHOULD STOP TRYING TO FIGHT ME AND GET REAL ITS TEH TRUTH. I HAVE BETTER OPPOPRTUNITES BECOS OF MY AGE, GRADE AND EXPERIENCE, SHINE UR EYE O! shocked
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by Tizee(f): 11:27am On Aug 18, 2006
Hello Dutty,
congratulations on finishing with a 2.1 and successfully concluding your NYSC
I find your views on certain issues very interesting and amusing!
The only thing that baffles me is how someone with your "intelligence"
can make statements that serve no purpose( i am completely at loss with what you intended to achieve by your write up, or was your purpose to stop anyone with less than a 2.1 from looking for a job since apparently the job market is only for hot shots like you).
The truth of the matter is people that are in high demand by EMPLOYERS are those who
offer solutions to problems and not those who feel unnecessarily superior.
The best advice i can give you is to focus your energy on getting a job instead of making unsolicited
comments that others find insulting and incisive.
If you must talk then please make useful and encouraging remarks.
Remember Humility is the first sign of a truly intelligent person

2 Likes

Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by blasterman(m): 11:36am On Aug 18, 2006
Nunu wats up.i wonder about ur name.Do u have big breasts!!
Abeg pls Dutty this is a post boards for jobs not comments.!!
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by nunu(f): 12:53pm On Aug 18, 2006
@blasterman,
no wonder you are still looking for a job,you are as daft as your screen name because i wonder how this post of yours is related to the issue at hand.
by the way,my breast is the same size as your mother's own ,although not as flappy as hers.it is a pity she wasted her time giving birth to you,she could have used those months in farming,which would have been more productive.Have a lovely day

To all Nairalanders,
notice he was rude first and i followed suit.because,most times,people like blasterman think they can wake up and be rude to anyone.My main reason of hooking up to this site is to get the necessary information i need to update myself on new development in the job section.
So,please encourage blasterman to be focused.cheers
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by bechex(m): 4:31pm On Aug 18, 2006
nunu:

@blasterman,
no wonder you are still looking for a job,you are as daft as your screen name because i wonder how this post of yours is related to the issue at hand.
by the way,my breast is the same size as your mother's own ,although not as flappy as hers.it is a pity she wasted her time giving birth to you,she could have used those months in farming,which would have been more productive.Have a lovely day
lol winkNice Spanking wink cheesy grin grin grin
To all Nairalanders,
notice he was rude first and i followed suit.because,most times,people like blasterman think they can wake up and be rude to anyone.My main reason of hooking up to this site is to get the necessary information i need to update myself on new development in the job section.
So,please encourage blasterman to be focused.cheers
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by blasterman(m): 6:02pm On Aug 18, 2006
I was interpreting my my langauge.
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by kitaun(m): 6:14pm On Aug 18, 2006
@blasterman

I think its better you keep your mouth shut instead of trying to defend yourself any further, what do you mean by asking a lady if she has got big breasts on this board, are you sex-starved or something?, please spare us that kind of talk here, if not find your way to the romance section and if you reply don't just try to be nasty because the average nairalander will feel very assaulted by your post, its better you apologise to the lady and stop those yarns abeg, we have had enough in the past angry angry
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by ishmael(m): 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2006
Blasterman, it will be better 4 you to just apologise. The question you asked Nunu wasn't a polite one at all. You sef know say dat kind question go provoke any woman. Just kool down and tell everybody you're sorry and lets continue from there; after all we are all friends. Cheers!!
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by ezeruomaka: 12:07pm On Aug 19, 2006
hi,guys
what we need is job not grades.Nobody should intiata this nonsense topic in this house.
Don smiley angry sad shocked tongue
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by DRANOEL(m): 2:01pm On Aug 19, 2006
this post is funny,my friend with a 3rd class just got a job with diamond bank while that jobless 2.1 holder is making noise and doing nothing!
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by abdulkadir(m): 4:22pm On Aug 19, 2006
its unfutunate tat the initiator of this thread has dumped it, i wondered what it has got to do with the forum or she or he just woke up from the blues to just say sme thin has kuntakinte and nunu noticed, anyway no matter who she is i want her to no that " it is not you apptitude but your attitude that determines your altitude in life, " this was quoted by my MD (first bank) in his welcome adress to us during our induction course,

duttybarb let me tell u that i know of several people that graduated with 3ed class and what not and dont even know what the labour mkt looks like -in this country of ours- they have been galivanting from one bluechip compny to the other, i mean they are made as far as life is concerned, so its hgh time you change your attitude duttybarb so that you can have a good altitude in life, i wish u luck
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by noblesse(m): 11:47am On Aug 21, 2006
Dutty,

i think u hav not yet faced the reality of life, i know alot of people with 3rd class that are working in MTN, GLO, NNPC, and quite number of BAnks, u should paste your 2.1 on your forehead and c if u will be given a job. i think u hav 4gotten what is called destiny or luck in life.
i wish u luk.
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by bechex(m): 1:46pm On Aug 21, 2006
Hi guys dont mind dutty barber, its not her (assume to be feminine) fault. she is still a small girl. Her problem is that she has not seen shocked shocked anything. There is more to getting a job than ur 2.1 or first class. my people say when u dont know and u know that u dont know, then u hav prospects of knowing. But when u dont know and u fell that u know, then u will never know. Dutty barber listen to the voices of reason. I am not saying that having a good grade is not to be desired but the outright condemnation of people with lower grades is what i will not stand by and look at without saying the little i know sad angry.
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by fitzpatty(m): 8:40am On Oct 06, 2006
Am disapointed with this statement. Some of us left school with 2.2 not that we didnt worth 1st class but were frustrated by deans and HOD and even lecturers. I bet to challenge any one who claims to posses 1st class. grin
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by lumide: 9:18am On Oct 06, 2006
guys i jus joined u guys and i think u are doin wonderfuly well by always encouraging each other. i read a mail about some1 dat was talkin about grades i think the person has not experienced the real world.the very successful ones every where in the world are not book, book people they are jus innovative minds and they end up employing us the book book people.
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by marveldave: 12:06pm On Oct 06, 2006
quetions for dutty!

1. what was your first GPA in the unjiversity?
2. did you ever had any carry over?
3. were you an huzzler or a butty while in shool?
4. what's your average pocket money for a session, while in school?
5. how old are you?
6. are you an undergraduate?
7. have you served.(NYSC)
8.do you have parents?
9.Ever had things going on well for you in life?
10. what 's your life philosophy?

Time and chance happeneth to them all.
for one who is a guru,
it's a product of hard work bult on simily conviniences or an apt to succeed
more so considering the educational system and the terrain or if you'll allow me use the word "mafiarism" in our institutions, only few are able to beat the tides.
so dear friend don't just write off minds who have given education their best and came out with such grade's, it's a product of time, events and chance save for "strong will" the sacrifice that many can not bear.
i'm neither in support of MEDIOCRITY
More over, good brains don't make too much noise.
doubt you even had a first class.
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by marveldave: 12:18pm On Oct 06, 2006
dutty.

life isn't a bed of roses
roses isn't a bed of thorns
thorns isn't a friend to follow
friends are those who seek to lift us up
, when the the road is dark and scarerry.

Neither a first class, nor a third class,
can atone for a class with time.
for when death comes, and the ripper are here.
we'll all be left with one class of memory.
, that which we have said and done to others.

may our pride be subject to the cross.
wish you well.

1 Like

Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by carechoji(m): 1:15pm On Oct 06, 2006
Being a 1st class does not mean that you know it all, but rather I look at it the other way round.

Because I have 2 or less does not mean that I cannot perform in any given job, but rather I should be proud and happy, for once I have graduated not as a paying student to be graduated but as a stduent whose effort did not go in vain.

You may have the GPA that you think is the best, but keep it in mind that, you are still learning and mind you, we have those who completed primary seven and can still perform at their workplace than the graduate who only think of their take home pay and nothing more.

Paper qualification is what Nigeria is after, and notexperience, pls, can someone tell me how are we going to make it.

It is not God grace my friend, because God has destined us and dont be surprise, you and your first grade you may not get employed pr even looked upon, but those with the common grade as you may say, will be looked upon as king.

Our peoblem in Nigeria today, is small and can be treated, only if when we learn to appreciated what we have and do.

How about that, Think about.
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by shinystar(m): 2:23pm On Oct 06, 2006
Well, I guess almost everybody misunderstood the initiator. I beg to diagree that making 2.1 is not a big deal. It sure is. But I also admit that success in life is more than good grades but at least it is the a good start to have one.

I found that Nigerians are used to getting things through the backdoors. It 's one of the reasons why we are backward. That those who have lesser grades are richer or working in better companies does not say it is ok. I know employers look out for more than good grades but neither do they consider applicants with poor grades.

If you have a 2.1. be sure there is more lands to conquer. If not, don't despair. Move on to prove you are still a success. Like someone said what counts is the real you, not what you have in life.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by bidemmy(f): 2:33am On Oct 09, 2006
smileyi am new ,but ill like to tell duffy or whats her name that life is not all about grades, big ups to everyone in the house cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Masssive Recruitment At Covenant University / I Have Finally Gotten A Better And Permanent Job / They Finally Almost Had My Shadow. Pls Learn From This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.