Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,823 members, 7,956,104 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:03 AM

70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE (15330 Views)

Again, South-east Leads In WASSCE Performance Chart / Jambites (must Read)- Number Of Candidates For You Course. / 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE by Fourwinds: 3:37am On Dec 20, 2014
students dey read dese days.? na dating and bleeping dem sabi do now with cultism. see as girls dey carry belle for my area. so stuborn teens. always thinking about material things and se..x

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE by thunder74(m): 4:13am On Dec 20, 2014
emmyw:
Why wont them fail,why they are busy looking for answers everywhere.
...why won't they?
Re: 70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE by thunder74(m): 4:14am On Dec 20, 2014
emmyw:
Why wont them fail,why they are busy looking for answers everywhere.
...why won't they when Facebook, Bbm, Twitter, 2go and baba Ijebu will not allow them to read.
The same reasons there was mass failure at the law school...
Re: 70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE by Maximus17(m): 4:44am On Dec 20, 2014
Thanks to I pad, i-phone, Samsung galaxy etc. When students can no longer Use the tables effectively for reading rather they press tablets all thru like their lives depended on it. Small gurls of 14, already thinking of love and boyfriend etc this generation of students needs reorientation and value based teachingz
Re: 70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE by ifedolapo57(m): 5:18am On Dec 20, 2014
Pls help. This my nov/dec 2014 result EconC6, GeoC5, EngC5, futher mathE8, mathC4, biologyB3, ChemC4, physicsE8. Which course can i do wit dis at UNILAG
Re: 70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE by Nobody: 5:29am On Dec 20, 2014
Ambrogio:
I've checked the result for eight students now, and they all had their papers. No D, E or Fs and lots of A. cool

It's either my students are good cheesy or i have magic fingers when i use the net grin

Pix of ur students' result or .....u know the rest na...
Re: 70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE by Nobody: 5:34am On Dec 20, 2014
loomer:
HOW COME NIGERIANS GO DE FAIL WAEC LIKE MAD, BUT WEN DEM GO ABROAD DEM GO BE THE BEST FOR SCH?

It all boils down to the question of what Kind of Nigerians are in the two categories u just mentioned, cos trust me, a dullard here, can't fly out there .
Re: 70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE by Untrollable: 5:53am On Dec 20, 2014
Just out of curiosity, why is it always " 70%" of the candidates who fail all the time? I reckon the statistics are wrong but if true, what a shame
Re: 70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE by Edusouls(m): 6:19am On Dec 20, 2014
this is the effect of the terrible enviroment we exist in, poverty,hardship, materialism is at the excesses, a 15year old girl has lost concentration in his studies, she has started dating, keeping boyfriends, engaging in sex, adult life is being practiced at not a supposed age, social networking is the work of the day, they engage in 2go,facebook,wats app,badoo looking for friends i dont know for what reason, when they should concentrate on their studies, so much unnessacary distraction, bad influence from what they see that go on around them,from their seniors derail this teens at an early age,they totally loose concentration..

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE by adewalle1(m): 6:24am On Dec 20, 2014
oluwadanie1:

Thinking GOD will make a way
only a way to fail
Re: 70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE by Ambrogio(m): 6:48am On Dec 20, 2014
Aystormz:

Pix of ur students' result or .....u know the rest na...

With their names and all? We all know that's not wise for security reasons.
Re: 70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE by emmyw(m): 7:06am On Dec 20, 2014
thunder74:

...why won't they?
Thanks,i saw it when i have submited the post.
Re: 70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE by Applaner: 7:55am On Dec 20, 2014
oluwadanie1:
Of the 246,853 candidates who sat for the November/December 2014 West African Senior School Certificate Examination, only 72,522 candidates, representing 29.37 per cent, obtained credits in five subjects, including Mathematics and English Language.

This puts the percentage of failed candidates at 70.63 per cent.

However, the Head of the Nigeria National Office, the West African Examinations Council, Mr. Charles Eguridu, said there was an improvement when compared with last year’s 26.97 per cent (amounting to 80,135 candidates) who obtained five credits in five subjects, including Mathematics and English Language.

Announcing the results in Lagos on Thursday, Eguridu said there was a marked reduction in examination malpractices.

He attributed this to recent measures, including the introduction of biometric registration and customised mathematical sets with inbuilt calculators, taken to curb the scourge.

Notwithstanding efforts made to curb examination frauds, Eguridu said WAEC withheld results of 28,817 candidates.

He said the results which represented 11.67 of the number of candidates who wrote the examination, were withheld for “various cases of malpractices.”

The cases, according to him, are being investigated with the reports of findings expected to be presented to the National Examination Committee for consideration.

The examination agency had withheld 38,260 results, equivalent of 12.88 per cent of the total number of candidates who sat for the examination in 2013 for similar reasons.

Short of the total figures are 5,691 candidates (about 2.3 per cent) whose results, Eguridu said, were still being processed for errors he blamed on the candidates and cyber café operators.

He said, “Of the total number of candidates that sat for the examination, 75,313 candidates (30.5 per cent) obtained credits and above in six subjects; 110,346 candidates (44. 7 per cent) obtained credits and above in five.

“In addition, 145,036 candidates, representing 58.75 per cent, obtained credits and above in four subjects while 177.177 candidates, representing 71.77 per cent, obtained credits and above in three subjects. A total of 205,090 candidates (83.08) obtained credits and above in two subjects,” he presented.

The total number of candidates that sat for the examination this year is 61,364 short of the 308,217 candidates that wrote it last year – a decline of about 20 per cent.

There was also a shortfall of “blind candidates” enrollment. The figure fell from 82 recorded the previous year to 48. And while 17 of the category of candidates obtained five credits in 2013, four achieved similar feat this year.
http://acadablog.com/70-of-candidates-fail-novdec-wassce/
http://www.punchng.com/news/70-of-candidates-fail-novdec-wassce/

why won't they fail, when they concentrate more on irrelevant things.
Re: 70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE by loomer: 9:32am On Dec 20, 2014
Aystormz:

It all boils down to the question of what Kind of Nigerians are in the two categories u just mentioned, cos trust me, a dullard here, can't fly out there .

I disagree with u, cos my cousin is an example of such ppl, while he was in Nigeria he wasnt all that bright but come d degrees him don amass for Ireland now.

I believe sometimes the exams no de reflect the teachings in Nigeria.
Re: 70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE by scobyy2007: 10:05am On Dec 20, 2014
Social media distractions is just enormous!!! Students are hooked to shortcuts which eventually cuts them short. The quality of teachers have dropped drastically, mushroom schools springing up rapidly. So Sad.

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE by sammykrane(m): 12:11pm On Dec 20, 2014
students of nowadays fail to prepare thats why they always fail.most of them do not read their books,they wait for their teachers to give them the answers which is not supposed to be so.may God help them know what they are doing
Re: 70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE by jic4real: 12:23pm On Dec 20, 2014
izikjon:
How fast is our educational standard falling shocked::::smh
sammykrane:
students of nowadays fail to prepare thats why they always fail.most of them do not read their books,they wait for their teachers to give them the answers which is not supposed to be so.may God help them know what they are doing
izikjon:
How fast is our educational standard falling shocked::::smh
the educational bodies r not helping matters. they don't encourage students to read, its all abt business dis days with d students future. if u refuse to pay for signing of paper u will fail.
Re: 70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE by davbravo(m): 12:51pm On Dec 20, 2014
ifedolapo57:
Pls help. This my nov/dec 2014 result EconC6, GeoC5, EngC5, futher mathE8, mathC4, biologyB3, ChemC4, physicsE8. Which course can i do wit dis at UNILAG

You can do psychology, n some environmental science courses.Just Google all the requirements for all environmental and social science courses in UNILAG
Re: 70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 1:12pm On Dec 20, 2014
Thank God i made my waec nov/dec gce result. Maths c6, english b3, lit-in-english e8, govt b2, crs b2, econs b3, agric b3, biology c6.
Re: 70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE by Mideniyi: 1:33pm On Dec 20, 2014
how can I check the result
Re: 70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE by fairheven: 2:44pm On Dec 20, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

There are only 104 Federal government colleges in the whole Federation and they make the best results.
That was befor,not now,do your check
Re: 70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:51pm On Dec 20, 2014
fairheven:

That was befor,not now,do your check

There are 104 Federal government secondary schools as we speak.
Re: 70% Of Candidates Fail Nov/dec WASSCE by Saniabbas: 4:30am On Dec 22, 2014
2014 Nov/dec waec gce is out and to my greatest surprise i failed mathematics, immediately i saw it i had to contact Mr Andrew in the waec office because already i have had so many people saying good things about him on waec sites that he can solve any waec problems.That same day i called him on..08152240666.. and he told me not to worry that every thing will be alright and just this next day he told me to check by 12 in the afternoon, i checked in the afternoon and it was shock to me to see my mathematics that was f9 now upgraded to C4, i am so happy i have seen a proof that waec upgrading is possible only with Mr Andrew's help and i don't know about others so if you are interested in upgrading yours too then you don't have to worry just call his number..08152240666

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNIBEN Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light (photos) / Why Is Pijin English Now Common Among Nigerian High Institution Students / Unilag Releases 2010/2011 Post Utme Results.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.