Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,303 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (3403 Views)

Buhari Winning Kano As More Results Emerge / CHANNELSTV: Statistics Prove Buhari's Winning Chance / Buhari's Winning Chances Will Fall If He Doesn't Pick Fashola As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by nabiz(m): 7:29am On Dec 19, 2014

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Fash20: 7:34am On Dec 19, 2014
You must be asleep. Who told you he is winning on social network only?

6 Likes

Re: . by win1234: 7:35am On Dec 19, 2014
there are many hungry & frustrated citizens, who doesn't knw what they want on the social media.

11 Likes

Re: . by decode55(m): 7:39am On Dec 19, 2014
OP don't mind them grin

I'd rather vote the "clueless otueke man" who is bringing change slowly but surely.

Than an old man who thinks he can increase oil prices grin grin

[size=30pt] GEJ till 2019 [/size]

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by KwoiZabo(m): 7:48am On Dec 19, 2014
Its because they've sold their lives to the man below. Even in my wildest dreams, that puppet on suit below can never become my VP.

8 Likes

Re: . by major466(m): 8:14am On Dec 19, 2014
It's public knowledge that APC exist only on social media. That's how Buhari became Nigeria's first e president. By the time they loose next year they will go on rampage shouting it was rigged.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by obamartins(m): 8:17am On Dec 19, 2014
Osinbanjo looks clueless in the pix above. Can't Remi advice her husband abt the indian hemp he smokes? With all the stolen billions, he is looking like a pleb. The lighter though.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by BlackSEER(m): 8:20am On Dec 19, 2014
they will keep winning online while the president will keep winning in reality.Apc are bunch of confused niggas

8 Likes

Re: . by podosci(m): 8:21am On Dec 19, 2014
decode55:
OP don't mind them grin

I'd rather vote the "clueless otueke man" who is bringing change slowly but surely.

Than an old man who thinks he can increase oil prices grin grin

[size=30pt] GEJ till 2019 [/size]
Incase you dont know....the Naira closed at 197 to a dollar yesterday worst ever since the currency was introduced.........in other news, i would like to know the change xou are talking about,,,,,The economy is slowly colapsing because there is too many loopholes in our revenue generation, even when money is generated it gets embezelled and in the history of this country, currption has never been this bad...and we have poor economic decisions.......
well security speaks for its self.......armed robbers have been operating freely in Kogi for the past 6 months and nothing has been done, ma mum was even robbed at Gun point, and hear stories daily of other places,,,,
Education is soo bad that peaple prefer going to Niger repulblic to get a BSC......jst imagine, and what does the president do? build more universities, the ones we have are so useless,,,instead of fortifying them, you are building more useless universities.
am nt here to argue with you.........Nigerians deserve watever they get, if JEG is elected president, then we deserve four more years of misery

6 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 19, 2014
Because social media is the only avenue by which ordinary Nigerians can air their views! It is a barometer for testing the mood of ordinary people who want CHANGE.

We have had enough of people like MR FIX IT trying to determine our political future, with a few diabolical political criminals inside a small hotel room without our input.

SAI BUHARI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: . by decode55(m): 8:30am On Dec 19, 2014
podosci:

Incase you dont know....the Naira closed at 197 to a dollar yesterday worst ever since the currency was introduced.........in other news, i would like to know the change xou are talking about,,,,,The economy is slowly colapsing because there is too many loopholes in our revenue generation, even when money is generated it gets embezelled and in the history of this country, currption has never been this bad...and we have poor economic decisions.......
well security speaks for its self.......armed robbers have been operating freely in Kogi for the past 6 months and nothing has been done, ma mum was even robbed at Gun point, and hear stories daily of other places,,,,
Education is soo bad that peaple prefer going to Niger repulblic to get a BSC......jst imagine, and what does the president do? build more universities, the ones we have are so useless,,,instead of fortifying them, you are building more useless universities.
am nt here to argue with you.........Nigerians deserve watever they get, if JEG is elected president, then we deserve four more years of misery

Blame your State Govt. for the security challenges you're facing.

GEJ isn't a magician. It may look that he isn't doing anything, but trust me, he is.

Have you ever tried explaining colors to a blind man?

Impossible. Right?

Multiply the "impossibility" by 50000.

done?

That's how impossible it is to "fix" Nigeria. undecided

18 Likes

Re: . by 9jii(m): 8:32am On Dec 19, 2014
Op,are you Saying you travel alot in Social Media?

Or you meant the Strong hold of buhari support (north)uses internet more than south east?

2 Likes

Re: . by san316(m): 8:56am On Dec 19, 2014
That is because those in the social media have information. they are educated and are those that know the implications of what governance is.

People vote gmb on social media because they are not bribed.

do you remember the saying, GIVE A MAN A MASK AND HE WILL SHOW HIS REAL SELF.

1 Like

Re: . by humnsikan: 9:00am On Dec 19, 2014
I ASSURE YOU, this will never make the frontpage.
Re: . by podosci(m): 9:02am On Dec 19, 2014
decode55:

Blame your State Govt. for the security challenges you're facing.

GEJ isn't a magician. It may look that he isn't doing anything, but trust me, he is.

Have you ever tried explaining colors to a blind man?

Impossible. Right?

Multiply the "impossibility" by 50000.

done?

That's how impossible it is to "fix" Nigeria. undecided
i would forgive your ignorance in thinking security issues lie in the hands of state Govt.......Nigeria is suppose to practice federation nut we are jst being stupid.......The president controls the army, navy, airforce, NSCDC, Police, DSS and any security apparatus in the Country......Untill we desolve total power from the center, the states can nevr handle security effectively......GEJ is the one incharge of the police not the Govonors......the federal Govt alone appoints the IGP and commisioners of police. in all states....
and you only touched on security, what about economy and education?
and it is not impossible to fix Nigeria, google Singapore, malaysia, china and you would find out this countries thru responsible and agrresive leadership were able to turn there fortnes arnd........
GEJ is not intellectually fit to run a country......

2 Likes

Re: . by sevantex(m): 9:16am On Dec 19, 2014
because we don't need d "politicised" nd "difficult-to-get" PVC to endorse him on social media.. Doesn't mean we won't vote out Mr clueless wen d election proper comes sha..hehehe!
Re: . by PointB: 9:21am On Dec 19, 2014
KwoiZabo:
Its because they've sold their lives to the man below. Even in my wildest dreams, that puppet on suit below can never become my VP.

Not even a matching suit. Looks more like jacket on jean. Looks like he can't even mask his cluelessness. These old men will be worse than whatever we have seen in the past. They belong to the zoo!

4 Likes

Re: . by cocoduck: 10:09am On Dec 19, 2014
podosci:

i would forgive your ignorance in thinking security issues lie in the hands of state Govt.......Nigeria is suppose to practice federation nut we are jst being stupid.......The president controls the army, navy, airforce, NSCDC, Police, DSS and any security apparatus in the Country......Untill we desolve total power from the center, the states can nevr handle security effectively......GEJ is the one incharge of the police not the Govonors......the federal Govt alone appoints the IGP and commisioners of police. in all states....
and you only touched on security, what about economy and education?
and it is not impossible to fix Nigeria, google Singapore, malaysia, china and you would find out this countries thru responsible and agrresive leadership were able to turn there fortnes arnd........
GEJ is not intellectually fit to run a country......
I am from anambara state. my state used to be the worst in Nigeria but as soon as Peter obi took office he began to sanitize the place, even when obianor took over he went further. Now how many times a month do you hear of crime in my state compared to before? idris wada is the CSO of kogi state. blame him for your security problems.

9 Likes

Re: . by podosci(m): 10:21am On Dec 19, 2014
cocoduck:

I am from anambara state. my state used to be the worst in Nigeria but as soon as Peter obi took office he began to sanitize the place, even when obianor took over he went further. Now how many times a month do you hear of crime in my state compared to before? idris wada is the CSO of kogi state. blame him for your security problems.
can idris wada change the commisioner of police in kogi?

2 Likes

Re: . by obailala(m): 10:38am On Dec 19, 2014
@Op
There are different reasons why Buhari wins only on social media. Hopefully this time around, his victory would be extended to reality with the full machinery of a large political party behind him (remember last time he contested under the flag of a 2 months old tiny party created by him but was able to gather 12million votes)

I can think of 3 main reasons for now:

1. Level of exposure
The people who vote on social media are relatively more educated, enlightened and exposed. Hence they are not easily swayed by the toxic negative propaganda that pdp spreads about Buhari. Unfortunately, the main people who vote in elections are the uneducated, unenlightened masses in rural areas who are easily deceived by pdp propaganda and are also easily bought over with bags of rice or salt. We all know the party which controls our national treasury so it is clear who can buy more bags of rice.

Furthermore, most of the enlightened ones on social media are either Nigerians is diaspora who will end up not voting or rich comfortable Nigerians who for the fear of flying bullets, will never leave their houses on election days.

2. Voters Intimidation
On social media people express themselves freely without fear or intimidation and their votes cannot be bought. In the real election, the story is different.

In the 2011 general elections, my sister went out with the intention to vote Buhari. After thumprinting for CPC, she wasnt allowed to drop her ballot into the box until she showed the inec guy and some fierce looking thugs whom she had voted for. On seeing that she voted cpc, her ballot paper was torn right infront of her while she was given a fresh sheet to vote the 'right' man. At this point, she opted not to vote anymore but was cajoled by fierce looking thugs. For her personal safety, she just voted PDP and ran home. This was in Delta state and God knows the millions of other innocent voters who were also disenfranchised this way. She had voted Buhari on social media but was forced to vote Jona in real life

3. Rigging Rigging Rigging
After voting, the results are counted before everyone and a result is anounced. When you turn on the radio the next day, you hear totally different figures. If you are aggrieved, you are advised to go to court, and we all know how long that takes. Sometimes even the number of votes cast exceeds the number of registered voters. The recent PDP primaries in Lagos which has now been nullified by the courts rings a bell (total number of accredited delegates was 617 but total number of votes counted was 663).

2 Likes

Re: . by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:13am On Dec 19, 2014
The same way Ngige and Fayemi won online only to lose in real election. We are watching

1 Like

Re: . by Ovie56(m): 11:47am On Dec 19, 2014
Reeaallyyyy
Re: . by reezee: 12:07pm On Dec 19, 2014
win1234:
there are many hungry & frustrated citizens, who doesn't knw what they want on the social media.

why will they not be hungry and frustrated when there is no adequate job for them cos of the cluelessness of the government in power
Re: . by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 19, 2014
win1234:

nah.. People that dont have acces to internet, majority are illiterate, so dont realy know the mess our country is in. Once they can find food and eat, they are good to go.
Re: . by laimo(m): 1:13pm On Dec 19, 2014
Op,we can no longer be deceived by your kind of people.Nigerians are wiser now.
Election is in 2months,we are campaigning for Buhari.He'll rebuild Nigeria.
By God's grace,we will celebrate a new reawakening for Nigeria and Nigerians both online and at the polling units in 2015.

We want CHANGE!
Re: . by Sealeddeal(m): 1:23pm On Dec 19, 2014
the fact is,if the change that some Nigerian want is removal of GEJ through election next year,then they have no change coming. It is highly unlikely that Buhari will defeat President Jonathan next year.

1 Like

Re: . by comos: 2:29pm On Dec 19, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
The same way Ngige and Fayemi won online only to lose in real election. We are watching
exactly!
Whenever I am online see Buhari leading, but on ground It is Jonathan that people are really comfortable with.
I foresee Jonathan winning.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 19, 2014
Whether online of offline Jonathan and PDP must give way for Muhammadu Buhari
Re: . by nabiz(m): 3:43pm On Dec 19, 2014
To know who will likely win, just follow this simple aproach, meet ten Nigerian in any part of Nigeria and let it be five Muslim and five Christian, ask them there who they will likely vote for and wait for there reply.

Follow this simple rule:
(1) don't be bias in asking the question.
(2) stay neutral when asking and dont intimide

I did it and my average answer was Buhari three and half and Jonathan five and half undecided. U can also try it in your locality and don't just base ur analysis on social media
Re: . by bsjay(m): 7:33pm On Feb 05, 2015
nabiz:
I am a local traveller because of the nature of my work. I will say I travels on average of three differents states in nigeria in a week and have traveled at minimum 27 different states in this year a lone even have repeated some like two three times. Am into decorative stamped concrete floor and people that are into the same business with me will understand me better

From all my travel travel this year, this are my few observetions.

(1) APC MAKES GOOD USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA THAN OTHERS.

(2)BUHARI WILL WIN JONATHAN IF ELECTION IS CONDUCTED ONLINE BUT IF CONDUCTED IN OOLING UNIT JONAH WILL WIN
APC, especially Buhari can only win presidential election on social media nau. Another possible place is the dream world. Never in reality! Factual fact!!! Haters of TRUTH may hold aloof cos TRUTH hurts and is bitter.
Re: . by Adminisher: 7:48pm On Feb 05, 2015
bsjay:

APC, especially Buhari can only win presidential election on social media nau. Another possible place is the dream world. Never in reality! Factual fact!!! Haters of TRUTH may hold aloof cos TRUTH hurts and is bitter.

Buhari has won this latest one both at the polling booth and online. The only surprising things I see is that the margin might be higher than projected. Only educated people vote online. Votes have been rigged massively in all the elections so far (Jonathan said so himself not Buhari, Yaradua also admitted it) Buhari who has no respect for the Nigerian electrical process gave the TRUE REASON he has been losing a few weeks ago at the workshop for non violence....''rigging at the point of computer entry of votes" which was proven with evidence at an election tribunal.
The evidence was so compelling but the judge was transferred and another judge came to squash the case in an untidy manner.
Re: . by austinvsb1(m): 8:27pm On Feb 05, 2015
Padi, you must be sleeping on cheap ogidiga if you don't know that the number 1 trending thing in naija right now is the word 'sai baba'. Come to lasgidi,, it is Sai baba everyone, everywhere.

Vote Wisely..

**meanwhile, I wanted to ask, who started this 'sai baba' movt?, I Like it'..gives buhari this street personality'***

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Observations From Pdp's Rally In Borno / Satellite Photo Of Nigerian Cities And Towns / ‘it’s Time To Negotiate With Nnamdi Kanu’ By Malam Abba Akhuwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.