Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Emergency, Must Read If You Are Traveling This Holiday Or Know Some One Who Is - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Emergency, Must Read If You Are Traveling This Holiday Or Know Some One Who Is (884 Views)

Medview Passengers Coming Out After Their Plane Made An Emergency Landing / Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday / Those Who Are Traveling To Luthuania 2015 Via India Or Egypt Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Emergency, Must Read If You Are Traveling This Holiday Or Know Some One Who Is by outlaws(m): 7:25pm On Dec 08, 2008
cool

There is this Nigerian bastard[Charlie Mekam] living here in Portland Oregon and he also have a brother some where in the east coast. First of all you have to know that Nigerians are blessed with criminal minds. This Nigerian happens to be an Ibo which has nothing to do with anything which is why I brought it up.

This is the deal. He have a business callled some bullshit name. He is a travel agent. If you have had business with agents you will know that most of the time they are crooks. This guy sells air travel tickets to Nigerians [to a lot of those who thought he was a friend], to other africans and to also other people traveling. His brother is doing the same shit in the east coast area. Good business right?
Okay, this is how his 419 works. Lets say you are traveling to Nigeria on the 21st to attend a wedding on the 25. You buy a ticket from him. He gives you a 419 ticket. You will call the air line they will say your name is on the list, you have a seat reserved for you. So when it get closer to the time you will travel, this bastard will withdraw the money from your ticket so now your ticket is crap. Is like you buy something and then go back and get a refund. So on the 21st you go to the airport, guess what? You are F.u.c.ked. The airport will tell you that you are not on the list that some one have taken a refund of your ticket and they can't help you. Guess what? Some times this doesn't happen in your home city, it happens once you get to another state or even when you get to Europe like Armsterdam.
This bastard have scamed almost over 100 people. He lives in a mansion. Drives a luxury car. Lives happily with peoples money who got stuck at the airport. This month is a big time for holiday. He scamed my Dad twice, he didn't know it was that bastard that did it. About 2 years ago he was going to Nigeria, he flew from Portland and got stuck in Detroit, stranded at the airport and then he had to some how the trip to Nigeria was canceled.

In July this year, my Dad paid this bastard around $4,500 dollars for 3 tickets round trip to Nigeria for December. This month the price of the ticket almost doubled. My Dad had to add extra $4000 dollars to buy another ticket this time directly from the air line. This bastard didn't give him a ticket. Actually this bastard was forced to refund the money first week of this month. Imagine that? My Dads brother paid about $7000 for 5 tickets to Nigeria for this month. The bastard did the same thing. Gave him a ticket and went back to the airline and took the money. He is an agent so he knows how he does it. Just this month alone, I have heared over 10 people that considered this bastard a friend that he did it to.

So when my Dad found out the the bastard he considers a friend have refunded the money from the ticket. There was a confusion, he kept calling and contact this bastard 24/7. The bastard doesn't even answer his phone. He doesn't show up to his office. Finally the got the bastards' wife involved. Telling her that her husband is a criminal that he had to refund that money that was paid to him. It was crazy, a lot of Nigerians traveling this month that got ticket from this bastard got a chilling news that the airline don't have them on the list.

Long story short. He have been doing this for years and no one knew it was him. At one time my Dads sister was going to Nigeria for a traditional wedding or something, they got to Portland international airport, and got a cold news that they are not on the flight list. That trip was canceled. This bastard pocketed thousands of dollars.

So basically this is what could have happened to my Dad if his brother didn't call him to inform him about this bastard. He and my other family members are going to Nigeria for a traditional wedding. He could have made all the arrangements, got to the airport with all your luggages and the airline workers will tell them that they are not on the list. Can you imagine that?

Can you imagine paying thousands of dollars to a fraudster for a very important event that is time sensitive to get stuck in the airport maybe even in another country that you are not on the list?which basically means you didn't get a ticket. The agent gave you a fraud ticket?
A lot peole this bastard scammed called police and police said "we can't help you." Some even said that they will camp at his house until he gives them there money. Some are even planning to beat him up.

If you think this is a joke or I am making it up, chill, it will soon be in the news And I will post the link in your face.
So, this is the deal if you are traveling this holiday or know some one who is traveling and you got your ticket not from the airline but from an agent to save money. All you need to do right now because you don't have time, call your airline and confirm your ticket or call that person you know that is traveling and asked them who they bought their ticket from. It doesn't have to be this Charlie Mekam bastard, it could be his brother, cousin, friend, 419 ring in the same business. If you fall a victim or know some one who will fail a victim of this issue after reading this, you should be ashamed.

THE LESSON TO LEARN FROM ALL THIS, THIS IS ACTUALLY WHAT I TOLD MY DAD, AVOID CHEAP THINGS AND ALWAYS BUY YOUR GOODS OR SERVICE DIRECTLY FROM THE MAIN COMPANY NOT FROM ANY BULLSHIT AGENT.

PEACE.
Re: Emergency, Must Read If You Are Traveling This Holiday Or Know Some One Who Is by benincitys(f): 1:07am On Dec 10, 2008
thanks for the information.
Re: Emergency, Must Read If You Are Traveling This Holiday Or Know Some One Who Is by Angolobabe(f): 9:03pm On Dec 10, 2008
mmm interesting ,im glad i never buy ticket from any nigerian person .

(1) (Reply)

Last Man On Manus Island (png) Australian Asylum Seeker's Woes ! / Why You Should Get Your Schengen Visa Try This / Ukraine Or Malaysia Info

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.