Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Why Do Hospitals Reject Patients Because Of Police Report - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Hospitals Reject Patients Because Of Police Report (1189 Views)

The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients / FRSC To Hospitals : Reject Accident Victims & Be Charged To Court / Why Do Hospitals Reject Patients & Why Luth Is The Best Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Hospitals Reject Patients Because Of Police Report by sinaj(f): 10:54pm On Dec 19, 2014
i keep wondering why doctors refuse to treat dying patients especially accident victims in the name of police report.Just yesterday a woman that was in labour and was having complication was rushed to the nearest hospital was rejected because she didnt register in the hospital.The woman later died this morning because she wasnt attended to quickly but her baby survived it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Hospitals Reject Patients Because Of Police Report by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 19, 2014
an average Nigerian doctor is just bloody wicked , even more than a ritualist.

my family friend was shot on a Sunday morning by heartless car -snatchers, we visited 3 hospitals before he gave up just because they all wanted a STUPID POLICE REPORT(nonsense papers with police signature).

a woman in Labour will be screaming in pains and what the wicked ones will say are words like; shut up! I dey there when you dey do? madam you dey shout oh!...

when you go for a test, the result comes out directly opposite( negative or positive) and they don't care cos you've paid.

I carried an asthmatic patient for an emergency treatment and one of the doctors was requesting for 2k5 to use the nebulizer machine (#smh). meanwhile, the complete 6 or 8 packs of the 5ml costs 1k750.
Re: Why Do Hospitals Reject Patients Because Of Police Report by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 19, 2014
sinaj:
i keep wondering why doctors refuse to treat dying patients especially accident victims in the name of police report.Just yesterday a woman that was in labour and was having complication was rushed to the nearest hospital was rejected because she didnt register in the hospital.The woman later died this morning because she wasnt attended to quickly but her baby survived it.
hi, hope to see you when I get to ph smiley
you are cute.
Re: Why Do Hospitals Reject Patients Because Of Police Report by Emmyk(m): 11:52pm On Dec 19, 2014
sad
Re: Why Do Hospitals Reject Patients Because Of Police Report by ironhide84: 10:24am On Dec 20, 2014
Sorry for your loss. But If 3 hospitals rejected the patient, then obviously these hospitals have been in trouble with the law in the past for treating gunshot wounds without police report. So it won't be totally fair to blame the hospitals, rather blame the laws of the land.
Secondly, most Nigerians already know that hospitals request police report before attending to gunshot victims, why not 1st take the person to a police station, quickly get a report and then the 1st hospital you go to will start treatment immediately. Rather what you see is that the victim is taken from one hospital to another till he/she dies and then hospitals and doctors are called heartless. The time taken to visit 3 or more hospitals could have been enough to visit a police station 1st then a hospital.
On another note, if someone is shot and can't wait to get a police report 1st, the best bet would be to visit a government hospital which may start treatment without police report cos they will have some form of government immunity. However, a private hospital is a no go area without police report cos the doctor's neck and license is directly on the line.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Hospitals Reject Patients Because Of Police Report by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 20, 2014
I just don't understand why things work the way they do in Nigeria, it's quite sad sad
Re: Why Do Hospitals Reject Patients Because Of Police Report by ceetowl: 7:36pm On Oct 21, 2023
sinaj:

Hi,It's a pleasure chatting with a gorgeous and amiable lady like you. How can I know you more. I dm you

(1) (Reply)

Resolving Johesu Strike By Professor Omoti / Photos: Woman Gives Birth On The Road In Lagos / REVEALED: The Exact Belly Fat Loss System That Gives You A Flat Belly In 28 Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.