Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,739 members, 7,820,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Is This True About Feminisim - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This True About Feminisim (4718 Views)

Igbo People Is This True?! / Girls Age And Marriageable Age: Is This True Courtship? / 1 Year Old Pregnant With Baby (gabby Is This True) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This True About Feminisim by TedRitz: 9:56am On Dec 20, 2014
Most feminist aren't about equality they are solely about sexism towards men. Feminism is actually a sexist term claiming women only deserve equality which is a very sexist perception. feminist aren't about equality which means for both men and women equally.

Is this true? ... Discuss.
Re: Is This True About Feminisim by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 20, 2014
TedRitz:
Most feminist aren't about equality they are solely about sexism towards men. Feminism is actually a sexist term claiming women only deserve equality which is a very sexist perception. feminist aren't about equality which means for both men and women equally.

Is this true? ... Discuss.

If it was only about equality for women but not for men, how would it be equality? Your post doesn't make sense at all.
Re: Is This True About Feminisim by TedRitz: 10:33am On Dec 20, 2014
carefreewannabe:

If it was only about equality for women but not for men, how would it be equality? Your post doesn't make sense at all.

Different definitions of feminisim

Belief in or advocacy of women's social, political, and economic rights, especially with regard to equality of the sexes.

Emphasis on the word Women. What happens to the social, political and economic right of the men. Does it men's right are not been violated and do not deserved to be fought for.

Another definition "an organized activity in support of women's rights and interests ". (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/feminism)
What happens to Mens right and interest ... should they be trampled on the alter of feminism.

Feminism is a form of glorified sexisim.
Re: Is This True About Feminisim by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 20, 2014
TedRitz:

Different definitions of feminisim

Belief in or advocacy of women's social, political, and economic rights, especially with regard to equality of the sexes.

Emphasis on the word Women. What happens to the social, political and economic right of the men. Does it men's right are not been violated and do not deserved to be fought for.

Another definition "an organized activity in support of women's rights and interests ". (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/feminism)
What happens to Mens right and interest ... should they be trampled on the alter of feminism.

Feminism is a form of glorified sexisim.

Feminism emerged because men have been enjoying more political, economic and social rights. Feminism seeks to abolish this imbalance and give women THE SAME rights men have been always enjoying.

Why did you choose to ignore the part in red?

MOST feminists do not want to violate men's rights, but simply have the same, establish equality regarding political, economic and social rights, not inequality.
Re: Is This True About Feminisim by SAMBARRY: 10:39am On Dec 20, 2014
Ok

3 Likes

Re: Is This True About Feminisim by TedRitz: 12:45pm On Dec 20, 2014
SAMBARRY:
Ok

I am not against equal rights, but against the double standards and hypocritical nature of feminism and the fact that they Fight for equal rights when it suits them and running away from the consequences that comes with it.

[img]http://redeemingfeminism.files./2013/09/feminist-meme23.png[/img]

[img]http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/The+typical+feminist_fb219b_5097579.jpg[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Is This True About Feminisim by TedRitz: 12:57pm On Dec 20, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Feminism emerged because men have been enjoying more political, economic and social rights. Feminism seeks to abolish this imbalance and give women THE SAME rights men have been always enjoying.

Why did you choose to ignore the part in red?

[size=20pt]MOST[/size] feminists do not want to violate men's rights, but simply have the same, establish equality regarding political, economic and social rights, not inequality.

Good thing you used the word "most" not "all" . But the reality is reverse the case.

I think you meant to say " Very FEW feminist do not want to violate men's right , but simply have the same, establish equality regarding political, economic and social rights not inequality. "

I am not against equal rights, but against the double standards and hypocritical nature of MOST feminism and the fact that they Fight for equal rights when it suits them and running away from the consequences that comes with it.

For example.
This video really summarizes some of my views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O60atA59xgE

I think the moment women can decide collectively as a specie bear the consequences of been equal with men. In that moment men will see them as equals.
Re: Is This True About Feminisim by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 20, 2014
TedRitz:

Good thing you used the word "most" not "all" . But the reality is reverse the case.

I think you meant to say " Very FEW feminist do not want to violate men's right , but simply have the same, establish equality regarding political, economic and social rights not inequality. "

I am not against equal rights, but against the double standards and hypocritical nature of MOST feminism and the fact that they Fight for equal rights when it suits them and running away from the consequences that comes with it.

For example.
This video really summarizes some of my views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O60atA59xgE

I think the moment women can decide collectively as a specie bear the consequences of been equal with men. In that moment men will see them as equals.

I have listened to this girl for one minute and turned it off. Why would I continue listening to someone who speaks like this? Come on!
I can't take her seriously. She sounds like a ghetto chick from a broken home. Sorry!

If you think that most feminists are misandrists and se*xist, then that is your opinion and I respect it but I don't share it.
Re: Is This True About Feminisim by TedRitz: 1:36pm On Dec 20, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I have listened to this girl for one minute and turned it off. Why would I continue listening to someone who speaks like this? Come on!
I can't take her seriously. She sounds like a ghetto chick from a broken home. Sorry!

If you think that most feminists are misandrists and se*xist, then that is your opinion and I respect it but I don't share it.

You listened for one minute, and judged her opinion because of the way she sounds and termed her ghetto. Without hearing her out or trying to understand the valid points she was making. (majority of them came several minute into the video)*.

If Men are to judge women by the way they sound, and act just as you did. Can you blame them for not taking feminist women seriously. Just as you just showcased now.

@bolded ... I never expect or intend to convince you to share my opinion in the first place. My focus is highlighting the fact that one of the reasons men do not take feminist seriously is because of their glaring double standards ... and their anti men stance majority of them take in the name of seeking equal rights.
Re: Is This True About Feminisim by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 20, 2014
TedRitz:

You listened for one minute, and judged her opinion because of the way she sounds and termed her ghetto. Without hearing her out or trying to understand the valid points she is making with majority of them coming in several minute into the video.

If Men are to judge women they way they sound, and act just as you just did. Can you blame them for not taking feminist women seriously. Just as you just did.

@bolded ... I never expected or intend to convice you to share my opinion in the first place. My focus is highlighting the fact that one of the reasons men do not take feminist seriously is because of their glaring double standards ... and anti men stance in the name of seeking equal rights.

I am not going to listen to a girl who says the f... word five times in one minute. If you think that this person has something reasonable to say, then listen to her, I don't have to. I can't take such a girl seriously. If you feel that you or someone else don'T want to listen to feminists, then that is your choice. I have no problem with it.

Talking about double standards, this is actually one of the things that feminism is against. Just because some feminists give the movement a bad name and are hypocritical, doesn't change the fact that feminism is about equality in the first place.
We all know that some Catholic priests have abused children but that is not a reason to say that all Catholic priests do and to abandon Christianity altogether.

1 Like

Re: Is This True About Feminisim by TedRitz: 3:14pm On Dec 20, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I am not going to listen to a girl who says the f... word five times in one minute. If you think that this person has something reasonable to say, then listen to her, I don't have to. I can't take such a girl seriously. If you feel that you or someone else don'T want to listen to feminists, then that is your choice. I have no problem with it.

Talking about double standards, this is actually one of the things that feminism is against. Just because some feminists give the movement a bad name and are hypocritical, doesn't change the fact that feminism is about equality in the first place.
We all know that some Catholic priests have abused children but that is not a reason to say that all Catholic priests do and to abandon Christianity altogether.

We may have different opinions but we have been able to have some blurry common ground on 4 things.

1. Even tho the definition of feminism on the surface is about equal rights for women. Some if not majority of feminist are hypocritical and promote double standards. (My question has always been what is the feminist movement doing to fix this).

2. Feminist do not care about protecting male rights ... because they feel society has been designed to favor men, they want to fix this imbalance. When in reality society is more harder on men than women...

(a) So why should men care about the rights of women, when they do not give a damn about theirs.
(b) Shouldn't the society be more equally harder on women as it is on men for equality to take place.

3. The way a message is passed across determines how well it would be received ... this point is supported by the way you reacted to the video I shared. This also suggest Men are therefore right in the way they see and treat some women/feminist, because the problem may really not be in the message but in the way it is been passed across.

In this light, Men may actually be right to see women as sex objects, because that's what majority of them try to exude and pass across. given that we are in a generation where millions of women spend more money trying to look sexy than invest in been smart.

4. A feminist's opinion should only be taking seriously, when it is discovered he or she has a track record of not been hypocritical or promoting double standards. Because the fact remains some feminist in trying to fix the double standard they feel women face create their own set of double standards against men. Do you think as a feminist you should be taking seriously in this light ?
Re: Is This True About Feminisim by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 20, 2014
TedRitz:

We may have different opinions but we have been able to have some blurry common ground on 4 things.

1. Even tho the definition of feminist on the surface is about equal rights for women. Some if not majority of feminist are hypocritical and promote double standards. (My question has always been what is the feminist movement doing to fix this).

I agree that some feminists are hypocritical. I can only speak out against hypocrisy of any kind and I do.

2. Feminist do not care about protecting male rights ... because they feel society has been designed to favor men. When in reality society is more harder on men than women...

(a) So why should men care about the rights of women, when they do not give a damn about theirs.
(b) Shouldn't the society be more equally harder on women as it is on men for equality to take place.

How is society harder on men?

3. The way a message is passed across determines how well it would be received ... this point is supported by the way you reacted to the video I shared. This also suggest Men are therefore right in the way they see and treat some women/feminist, because the problem may really not be in the message but in the way it is been passed across.

True but the reactions to feminism are not solely based on how the message is passed across but also and very often on the fact that some men feel that feminism is against them being in a position of power to the disadvantage of women.

In this light, Men may actually be right to see women as sex objects, because that's what majority of them try to exude and pass across. given that we are in a generation where millions of women spend more money trying to look sexy than invest in been smart.

Women should have more in their lives going for them than just looks, I agree.
However, even if you cover up women, some men will still think of them as s*ex objects.

4. A feminist's opinion should only be taking seriously, when it is discovered he or she has a track

Wrong. A PERSON'S opinion should be taken seriously if the person expresses herself in a proper and civil way. You don't have to agree but asking someone to prove anything before you listen, is wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This True About Feminisim by KanwuliaJara: 8:41pm On Dec 20, 2014
TedRitz:

I am not against equal rights, but against the double standards and hypocritical nature of feminism and the fact that they Fight for equal rights when it suits them and running away from the consequences that comes with it.

[img]http://redeemingfeminism.files./2013/09/feminist-meme23.png[/img]

[img]http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/The+typical+feminist_fb219b_5097579.jpg[/img]

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

Southafrican Man Gang-ra.ped By Three Women / The Best Position For A Washing Machine In A Home / Marrying Without Parental Consent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.