Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,772 members, 7,955,946 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:23 PM

Truth: God Is Not The Lily Of The Valleys - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Truth: God Is Not The Lily Of The Valleys (379 Views)

The Age Of TRUTH : God's Glory Unveiled In The Last Days / The Truth - GOD Has No Hand In Marriage / Questions Of Truth: God, Science And Belief By John Polkinghorne And Nicholas Be (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Truth: God Is Not The Lily Of The Valleys by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 20, 2014
Christianity today has become so diluted; most christians just "take it as it is". Christians seem to have lost that "Bereanity" that is required of them.

I write this not because I am innocent of the above accusations, but because I was a victim.
I used to hear people say God is-the Lily of the valley, the rose of Sharon... etc
Some song writers even include these in their songs, and Christians sing along like they're singing the truth.

Well the truth- as I found out some time ago is that God is not actually the Lily of the valleys. This can be seen in the first two verses of the second chapter of the Songs of Solomon.

Though it might seem confusing at first, a deeper look at that chapter will make you realize that the bride was actually the lily of the valleys. Not the groom (God).
The chapter is basically a dialogue between bride and groom- where we as christians could be seen as the brides (the actual Roses of Sharon and lilies of valleys).

verse 1 is the bride saying:
I am the rose of Sharon,
and the lily of the valleys.

verse 2 is the groom's reply :
As the lily among thorns,
so is my love among the
daughters.

If you didn't know, now you know.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Song+of+Solomon+2&version=KJV
Re: Truth: God Is Not The Lily Of The Valleys by adexsimply(m): 11:58am On Dec 20, 2014
So who's the bride?
How could people compare a deity that would roast them in hell for any slight mistake with something as beautiful as the lily of the valleys?

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Best Level To Start Praying For God's Will In Marriage? / Conflict!!!!! / GOSPELKIN Your No1 Online Gospel Website . For Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.