Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Who Are The First Class Obas Of Yoruba - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Are The First Class Obas Of Yoruba (22851 Views)

Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 / Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake / Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Are The First Class Obas Of Yoruba by Bode2: 1:06pm On Dec 20, 2014
The argument of who is or who is not a first class oba occurs among among the Yoruba even among those who seem to be culturally enlightened. Please can anyone state the first class Oba. I know alaafin of Oyo and oni of Ife are first class Obas and I am not too sure of ataooja, alake, awujale and oba of Lagos. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Who Are The First Class Obas Of Yoruba by pamcode(m): 7:00pm On Dec 20, 2014
as you mentioned above Alaafin,Ooni,oba of lagos,Alake of egba,Timi of ede,Ataoja of osogbo, Soun of ogbomoso,Olubadan,Deji of Akure

(1) (Reply)

What Is It That People Easily Do But You Can't Do? / Ogun Ife To Gbona / Emir Sanusi's Wife, Sadiya's Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.