Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,191 members, 7,953,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:19 PM

Thoughts On Meeting You - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Thoughts On Meeting You (574 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Americanah - Chimamanda Adichie's Fearless Novel And My Thoughts On It. / Thoughts On The Importance Of Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thoughts On Meeting You by Wenhre(m): 2:59pm On Dec 20, 2014
I have heard of you.The description of you is truly terrifying,people who have gotten close to you never want to repeat the experience,at least most of them don't.The mere whisper of you name changes man.Do I fear u?,maybe,I try not to think about you,out of mind,out of sight,but must people fear you and I could make guesses as to why.From your description alone;which is total darkness people fear you,but I think that's just a basic reason,I think there are deeper reasons.
Your presence alone embodies most of the human fears,the fear of the unknown being the foremost.Not knowing could drive a man insane.Reaching that point,not knowing what comes next,with limited choices on what to do,seeing if your beliefs are true.One could only imagine the betrayal a man would feel if all his beliefs where lies,up is east,north is pink,his wife's a man.
Its the basic nature of humans to seek connection and in that big black void you call home its not available,only self-reflection,been forced to really look at yourself is difficult,your mistakes,regrets and faults.Nobody wants to accept he did wrong and being forced to accept it without a platform for debate brings a forced acceptance,which is as painful as breaking a hymen.
Some select few await you.which in my opinion is crazy,but these fulfilled people,who have experienced life to the fullest,waiting for the next adventure.People,who in your home,when forced to reflect,ask for a chair and a dark drink,focusing on the good things at you with appreciation."What took u so long?"They may ask.
I lied,I think of you.I wonder how we will meet,I wonder if my house would be messy when you arrive,if you'd call me first so I can arrange it or will you give me a surprise visit.I wonder if my house would be arranged and I greet you with a smile saying"Abeg visit bobby too".I truly wonder.
WenHre.

Note;thou shall not thief,na me get dis writing....

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians! Don't Sleep At This Hour / How They Killed Me.. ( A Short Story) / Aja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.