Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,983 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! (101318 Views)

What Book Are You Reading Now / No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts / What's The Most Captivating Story You Are Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 06, 2015
We've been repeatedly told that readers are leaders. Also, that he who doesn't read has a very little advantage over the one that cannot read. To read is to learn and grow. We won't stay long enough to experience all life has to offer. We need to read to learn from the lessons and experiences of others.

It's very saddening that in this age, despite the overwhelming abundance of information, a lot of us don't really study.

All the information we need to succeed in life has been written. Be it on money, marriage, health, business, family, success itself, religion. Name it. It's been written.

I'm currently reading THE ROAD LESS TRAVELLED, By Scott Peck. It's being an awesome read. The author talked on pleasure, suffering, discipline, delayed gratification, child training and religion.

I'll talk briefly on self gratification. It's the ability to forego today's even legitimate pleasure for tomorrow's gain. Without it, wealth, health and joy will elude the individual. No one can truly succeed without this vital ingredient of life. To delay gratification is to prioritise. To delay gratification is to always look at the bigger picture.

The future is hardly far away. It comes pretty quiver than we can imagine. Time hasn't waited for anyone. If we must live a happier tomorrow, we must be mature and brave enough to delay gratification. I'll encourage as many as possible to get a copy of this great book and travel in the mind of the author.

So, let's see which book you're currently reading. Any book. And don't forget to drop a line or two from it. Thanks.

Lalasticlala and Ishilove, please let's do justice to this thread. Readers are leaders.

Cc: SarahBabyxx, ideykwum, Whynotthetruth, barcanista, Truckpusher, MizMyColi, et al.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by kasmail(m): 7:45pm On Jul 06, 2015
I so much love reading but i need mobile app dat can let me download books

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by MizMyColi(f): 7:47pm On Jul 06, 2015
embarassedcry

I read newspaper.
I have no idea what book to read.
sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 06, 2015
MizMyColi:
embarassedcry

I read newspaper.
I have no idea what book to read.
sad

OK. Why not try the one I'm currently cancelling?

It's a good one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by ginawest(f): 8:01pm On Jul 06, 2015
I am currently reading 'midnight voices' by John Saul....very scary

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by MizMyColi(f): 8:08pm On Jul 06, 2015
dearpreye:

OK. Why not try the one I'm currently cancelling?

It's a good one.
Okaysmiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by surelove(f): 8:14pm On Jul 06, 2015
Law of Attraction by Micheal J. Losier

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 06, 2015
surelove:
ginawest:
I am currently reading 'midnight voices' by John Saul....very scary

I've written them down.

though i just exhausted one last month "i can do it" it so fascinating anyway. try it!

2 Likes

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 06, 2015
Nice one ex-Born again dearpreye. I'm currently reading the Bible.

God bless you

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:50pm On Jul 06, 2015
barcanista:

God bless you

gringringringrin nonsense boy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:55pm On Jul 06, 2015
In His Presence by E.W. Kenyon and my bible...

It is all about building faith through knowledge of the word of God, and confession of the word as well as eschewing sin consciousness...

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 06, 2015
surelove:

Would you mind dropping a few quotes or sentences from it? We may learn from it. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 06, 2015
General principles and methods in education...... smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 06, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
In His Presence by E.W. Kenyon and my bible...

It is all about building faith through knowledge of the word of God, and confession of the word as well as eschewing sin consciousness...

I'm yet to read that book though I bought the same day as NEW CREATION REALITIES and others. It's indeed a very good one. In fact, I dropped my religiosity after reading Kenyon's books.

Can you share a thought with us? Thanks bro.

2 Likes

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 06, 2015
barcanista:

God bless you

God bless you, my brother.

Share a verse with your brethren.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 06, 2015
peppyluv02:
General principles and methods in education...... smiley

Share a line with us. Education is key to the proper development of a people or state.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 06, 2015
Well,its actually a guide for teachers....

'Teaching is a process that requires patience from both the teacher and the learner. It is an on going activity that aims,primarily at helping somebody to learn'.

dearpreye:

Share a line with us. Education is key to the proper development of a people or state.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 06, 2015
peppyluv02:
Well,its actually a guide for teachers....

'Teaching is a process that requires patience from both the teacher and the learner. It is an on going activity that aims,primarily at helping somebody to learn'.

Do teaching and learning mean the same thing? Why is education referred to as ONGOING?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 06, 2015
Currently reading What rich people know & desperately want to keep secret by BRIAN SHER

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 06, 2015
dearpreye:

God bless you, my brother.

Share a verse with your brethren.
I've been meditating on this verse....

"Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine." (Songs of Solomon 1:2)

7 Likes

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 06, 2015
barcanista:
I've been meditating on this verse....

"Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine." (Songs of Solomon 1:2)

SMH!!! He's talking about the deep love between Jesus and the Church tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 06, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

gringringringrin nonsense boy
Wetin I do na?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by surelove(f): 9:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
dearpreye:

Would you mind dropping a few quotes or sentences from it? We may learn from it. Thanks.

Definition of the Law of Attraction: I attract to my life whatever I give my attention, energy and focus to, whether positive or negative.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
dearpreye:

SMH!!! He's talking about the deep love between Jesus and the Church tongue
Oga no wash me abeg. It was clearly the deep romantic love between King Solomon and the Shunamite woman. Jesus was nowhere to be found as at then.

Make we talk true na

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 06, 2015
surelove:

Definition of the Law of Attraction: I attract to my life whatever I give my attention, energy and focus to, whether positive or negative.

Whether positive or negative? If one isn't aware of the existence of this law, does it still applies to them? Must you consciously recognise this law for it to work?

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 06, 2015
barcanista:
Oga no wash me abeg. It was clearly the deep romantic love between King Solomon and the Shunamite woman. Jesus was nowhere to be found as at then.

Make we talk true na
OK. Good reading. Thanks for the explanation. IBTC things.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 06, 2015
dearpreye:

OK. Good reading. Thanks for the explanation. IBTC things.
Will you believe if I tell you that my search for knowledge led me to a Theological school in 2012? Many even thought I will graduate to be a Cleric. grin

2 Likes

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 06, 2015
To some, their certificates have become their reasons not to read any longer. Success can be a hindrance sometimes.

Oftentimes once people land that dream join they've always desired, they stop reading. They stop improving. They stop learning. They stop growing. Reading must become a habit.

Your company actually pays for the information you have. Experience is information acquired over a very long period of time.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 06, 2015
barcanista:
Will you believe if I tell you that my search for knowledge led me to a Theological school in 2012? Many even thought I will graduate to be a Cleric. grin

Serious? Hmm
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by menesheh(m): 9:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
barcanista:

then you graduated to be what now?

Matt Dillahunty?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by surelove(f): 9:42pm On Jul 06, 2015
dearpreye:

Whether positive or negative? If one isn't aware of the existence of this law, does it still applies to them? Must you consciously recognise this law for it to work?

Whether you are aware of this law or not it applies. It works unconsciously that's why we are advice to guide our thoughts.

3 Likes

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 06, 2015
menesheh:

then you graduated to be what now?

Matt Dillahunty?
Oga I gained the knowledge and left the College mid way... I no even wait till graduation (No time).

The Lord is Good grin

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

The Day The World Ended / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / #my Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.