Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,613 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Is It Compulsory To Do Ones Traditional Wedding At The Village? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is It Compulsory To Do Ones Traditional Wedding At The Village? (16609 Views)

10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires / Welcome To The Village Where They Drink The Same Water With Goats (PHOTO) / Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Ones Traditional Wedding At The Village? by Babygal4eva(f): 10:15pm On Dec 21, 2014
tonychristopher:

.were your family exiled and ostracized from the village ? That is why such thing can happen

They are not ostracised, My two ciusins that got married are from my dad's side and they lost their dad at a very young age and my uncles bounced their mum and left her to fend for herself, and her family did the same so I doubt they would ever feel any kinship with either side, but on their weeding days the village people came tho because the boys are succesful and they wanted to famz.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Ones Traditional Wedding At The Village? by azimuthally: 10:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
No! It's not compulsory. I recently went to traditional marriage held at uyo, while both the bride and the groom are from Eket. Their people from village came to uyo to grace the occasion.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Ones Traditional Wedding At The Village? by Babygal4eva(f): 10:20pm On Dec 21, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

Please shut your mouth! How dare u call ur village a fettish place? U need an education and u need enlightenment. Stop this ur colonial mentality. You are still a black woman ok.

I believe it's still a free world and if I wanna call my village a fetish place I will, na you own the mouth ni, what does being a black woman have to do about it?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Ones Traditional Wedding At The Village? by tonychristopher: 4:03am On Dec 22, 2014
kelechiMarie:
IT ISNT COMPULSORY IN MY OPINION.My mum had her traditional wedding in d village cause her mum lived there but when my grandma's niece did hers,it was in lagos 'cause my grandma had moved.
Anyway,everyone's entitled to their opinion.I'm not a fan of my village people either,after all the things they've done
Finally,those of you trading insults lack proper training.Calling someone else's mom a LovePeddler,witch etc cause you dont agree with her shows the kind of ''perfect'' and ''cultured'' upbringing you've had
Typical of some backward Africanskiss kiss

Your not pure Igbo to me ...but what has grand mum got to do with traditional marriage. Its not her that collects the bride price. I wonder the sort of ofeke Igbo are breeding these days

My dear its two things that will make you do such

Its either that your compond is useless and no house in village

Or your parents committed heinous crime or taboo that they were ostrasised and exiled from the village

No right thinking Igbo girls does such..I have seen decent well educated Igbo girls bring their husband that are whites to village yo perform the rites ....

Its only these hustlers that managed to hutsle anyhow man that will say make I do am for town before the man change his mind

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Ones Traditional Wedding At The Village? by tonychristopher: 4:08am On Dec 22, 2014
Babygal4eva:

I believe it's still a free world and if I wanna call my village a fetish place I will, na you own the mouth ni, what does being a black woman have to do about it?

Grow up small girl..your the types that give villages bad name ...its is not a free world yo insult community

What do you have that they will want yo kill you. People that have billions still go to village not to talk of one church rat that the kinsmen won't even notice

Its not a free world ...you have attitude challenge ..you come and paint a whole community black and cgenerqliE by calling them fetish . You have a daft mentality I must say

No wonder your thinking like ofeke.. did you mother breast fed you or adopted you

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Ones Traditional Wedding At The Village? by tonychristopher: 4:14am On Dec 22, 2014
Babygal4eva:

They are not ostracised, My two ciusins that got married are from my dad's side and they lost their dad at a very young age and my uncles bounced their mum and left her to fend for herself, and her family did the same so I doubt they would ever feel any kinship with either side, but on their weeding days the village people came tho because the boys are succesful and they wanted to famz.

.those your cousin are funny ..how can A decent man Marry a Lady that he doesn't know her roots that's why we keep hearing stories

Your excuse isn't tangible did they are not doing the rites for the uncles but doingbtge rights as the right thing

Do you think that the nan will respect such a woman

I know that there must be people that doesn't support that in your village so find another story

So don't do efulefu marriage

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Ones Traditional Wedding At The Village? by englishmart(m): 7:11am On Dec 22, 2014
Tallesty1:
Same.

NSK
Nkanu.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Ones Traditional Wedding At The Village? by englishmart(m): 7:12am On Dec 22, 2014
eagleeye2:

Nna gi bu Anufia, O ya kpatara iji aju e ri k' EFULEFU
Chukwu kpoo Ghi oku there.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Ones Traditional Wedding At The Village? by kelechiMarie(f): 7:46am On Dec 22, 2014
tonychristopher:

Your not pure Igbo to me ...but what has grand mum got to do with traditional marriage. Its not her that collects the bride price. I wonder the sort of ofeke Igbo are breeding these days

Or your parents committed heinous crime or taboo that they were ostrasised and exiled from the village

No right thinking Igbo girls does such..I have seen decent well educated Igbo girls bring their husband that are whites to village yo perform the rites ....

Its only these hustlers that managed to hutsle anyhow man that will say make I do am for town before the man change his mind
sorry o mr. Tradition
Anyway,i'll have you know that i dont have a grandfather and my so called uncles tried to take over all d properties [for safe keeping abi?yea right).Most of dem re dead anyway no doubt poisoned by their minds.The rest are in lagos sha,being taken care by their kids.
Let me ask this question,what if your dad is d head of d family and there's no uncles in d village cause even your dad is quite old will you still go to d village?
Anyway,agree or not it doesnt warrant d insults those ill bred,uncultured louts were spewing

kiss

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Ones Traditional Wedding At The Village? by tonychristopher: 9:00am On Dec 22, 2014
kelechiMarie:
sorry o mr. Tradition
Anyway,i'll have you know that i dont have a grandfather and my so called uncles tried to take over all d properties [for safe keeping abi?yea right).Most of dem re dead anyway no doubt poisoned by their minds.The rest are in lagos sha,being taken care by their kids.
Let me ask this question,what if your dad is d head of d family and there's no uncles in d village cause even your dad is quite old will you still go to d village?
Anyway,agree or not it doesnt warrant d insults those ill bred,uncultured louts were spewing

kiss

I JUST DONT BELIEVE THAT YOU ASKED MWE THIS QUESTION, LET ME ASSUME THAT I AM DREAMING, IF MY DAD IS HEAD OF FAMILY AND HE IS OLD, I WILL GO TO VILLAGE AND IF MY DAD IS EVEN DEAD AND MY UNCLES ARE NO MORE, THAT IS THE MORE REASON THAT I WILL BE IN VILLAGE EVERYTIME. I CANT BE ROOTLESS LIKE YOU. I MIGHT BE RUTHLESS IN ANSWERING YOU BUT I AM NOT ROOTLESS LIKE YOU

WHY DO WE HAVE SO MANY OFEKE AND EFULUEFU, WE TRAVEL OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY STILL HEAD HOME AND YOU SOMEWHERE IN AJEGUNLE OR OBIAGU MAYBE DIOBU YOU WONT LET US HEARWORD

ARE YOU MORE INFLUENTIAL THAN IBETO,COSCHARIS, CHISCO, INNOSSON ZINOX ETC, THOSE DUDES WITH THEIR KIDS GO VILLAGE, NOW YOUR HERE FORMING CITY RAT
Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Ones Traditional Wedding At The Village? by Mordyb: 11:11am On Dec 22, 2014
tonychristopher:

i am sorry but i takes a mentally deficient person like you to hurl insults without actually knowing the person it a known fact based on your daft comment that you are those staunch ignorant educated illiterate under guise of being a traditionalist in my little existence on earth i know first class igbo chiefs that would look at your comment aand call you a fool

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Ones Traditional Wedding At The Village? by tonychristopher: 11:30am On Dec 22, 2014
Mordyb:
i am sorry but i takes a mentally deficient person like you to hurl insults without actually knowing the person it a known fact based on your daft comment that you are those staunch ignorant educated illiterate under guise of being a traditionalist in my little existence on earth i know first class igbo chiefs that would look at your comment aand call you a fool

YOU SAY MENTALLY DEFICENT PERSON, YOU HAVE APTLY DESCRIBED YOURSELF, WHEN YOU GENERALIZE A WHOLE VILLAGE. TERM THEM FETISH ...SO WHEN YOU ASK DAFT QUESTION

IF IT WERE WHEN THE DAYS WERE YOUNG, PEOPLE LIKE YOU WOULD BE SOLD OR EJIRI HA CHUOO AJA

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Ones Traditional Wedding At The Village? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:28pm On Dec 22, 2014
Babygal4eva:

You need to watch your mouth u stubborn ladym The Gods help u and ur this ken of mentality.

Respect and support our villages and roots. For those are the last strongholds of humanity.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Ones Traditional Wedding At The Village? by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 31, 2014
@op which village is dat?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Ones Traditional Wedding At The Village? by lawrencewalton9: 6:25pm On Dec 08, 2022
Whether you are looking for love or friendship, an interracial couples dating site can make it happen. But before you go on an online date, there are a few things you need to consider. For starters, it is important to know your partner's religion. Interracial couples need to be respectful of their partner's religious values. Also, make sure you know about any negative feedback from other users.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? / Do African's Love Asian People? / Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.