Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Is It A Sin To Stay At Home On Sundays? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Stay At Home On Sundays? (1239 Views)

Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? / Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? / 10 Reasons Why Lagosians Go To Church On Sundays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin To Stay At Home On Sundays? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 10:12am On Dec 21, 2014
Thisdays, Many people go to church only on Sundays (sunday-sunday tonic) and we have some that do attends weekly services also. Due to one reason or the other, you decided to stay at home on sunday and does that make you a sinner for not going to church? Whereas, we have some people that go to Church just to avoid criticism from neighbour(s), church members and probably friends. (Just for going sake). We also have some people that attends all the CHURCH services but they are not in-TOUCH with what is TAUGHT in the CHURCH. I believe staying at home on sunday atimes has to do with your MIND and your GOD. Your genuine views will be highly appreciated....
Re: Is It A Sin To Stay At Home On Sundays? by alberto2k(m): 10:17am On Dec 21, 2014
I dnt think it's a sin but sha
Why should u stay at home when u ought to be in the presence of the lord singing, dancing and thanking him for the success of the week...

Happy sunday Nairalanders, Blessings from POPE ALBERT
Re: Is It A Sin To Stay At Home On Sundays? by Acekidc4(m): 10:22am On Dec 21, 2014
Why nt! me nt goin to church doesn't count as a sin! I can easily do a little worship on my own dan sittin in a church 4 hours listenin 2 long boring preaching!
Re: Is It A Sin To Stay At Home On Sundays? by lionduke(m): 10:22am On Dec 21, 2014
MOD please do the needful, let's trash it out.
Re: Is It A Sin To Stay At Home On Sundays? by Tallesty1(m): 10:24am On Dec 21, 2014
Even waking up on Sunday is a sin.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Stay At Home On Sundays? by Hiswordxray(m): 10:36am On Dec 21, 2014
Not going to church on Sunday is not a sin.

We do not go to church but we gather as a church. The church is not the building but the people. Whenever the people of God gather to minster to God and to each other there, a church is going on.

So yes it is not wrong not to go to a building called a church but it is wrong to forsake the gathering of the brethren.
Re: Is It A Sin To Stay At Home On Sundays? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 10:43am On Dec 21, 2014
Really.... What if i decided to have personal encounter with my God?
alberto2k:
I dnt think it's a sin but sha
Why should u stay at home when u ought to be in the presence of the lord singing, dancing and thanking him for the success of the week...

Happy sunday Nairalanders, Blessings from POPE ALBERT
Re: Is It A Sin To Stay At Home On Sundays? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 10:47am On Dec 21, 2014
I guess you forgot this.... "Where two or three are gathered together, God is in their midst" i don't think it about multitude..
Hiswordxray:
Not going to church on Sunday is not a sin.

We do not go to church but we gather as a church. The church is not the building but the people. Whenever the people of God gather to minster to God and to each other there, a church is going on.

So yes it is not wrong not to go to a building called a church but it is wrong to forsake the gathering of the brethren.
Re: Is It A Sin To Stay At Home On Sundays? by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 21, 2014
But what will you be doing at home...weren't we instructed to fellowship with one another?
Re: Is It A Sin To Stay At Home On Sundays? by Hiswordxray(m): 10:57am On Dec 21, 2014
Ask4bigneyo:
I guess you forgot this.... "Where two or three are gathered together, God is in their midst" i don't think it about multitude..
I didn't mentioned multitude.
Re: Is It A Sin To Stay At Home On Sundays? by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 21, 2014
Me I dey house o and I no dey sin for here. I dey chill
Re: Is It A Sin To Stay At Home On Sundays? by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 21, 2014
Tallesty1:
Even waking up on Sunday is a sin.
Lol, I want to know.. in your opinion, is sunday really the sabbath day?
Re: Is It A Sin To Stay At Home On Sundays? by Tallesty1(m): 11:28am On Dec 21, 2014
Valued:
Lol, I want to know.. in your opinion, is sunday really the sabbath day?
No...but if my understanding of Romans 14:5 which states that “One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.”. Was right then I think I have the power to make any day my own Holy day.

Also, in Colossians 2:16-17, the apostle Paul declares, “Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.” So I think the law of keeping a special day holy doesn't hold any more. It is more of personal decision.

Remember that when the Apostles wrote to the early Gentile believers, they told them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood”( Acts 15:19-20).. Keeping the Sabbath holy didn't appear here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It A Sin To Stay At Home On Sundays? by Nobody: 4:51am On Dec 22, 2014
Tallesty1:
No...but if my understanding of Romans 14:5 which states that “One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.”. Was right then I think I have the power to make any day my own Holy day.

Also, in Colossians 2:16-17, the apostle Paul declares, “Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.” So I think the law of keeping a special day holy doesn't hold any more. It is more of personal decision.

Remember that when the Apostles wrote to the early Gentile believers, they told them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood”( Acts 15:19-20).. Keeping the Sabbath holy didn't appear here.
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Another Proof That Evolution Is Flawed, The Earth Is Just About 6000 Years Old! / Top 10 Religions You Never Knew Existed / How To Support Your Muslim Friend During Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.