Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,595 members, 7,827,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Born In UK But Living In Nigeria - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Born In UK But Living In Nigeria (19630 Views)

I Want To Travel To Uk But I Don't Know About Travellin Stuff / For Those With Children Born In The European Union / Over 1 Million Nigerians Live In The Uk, But Are They Useful To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by justwise(m): 11:06am On Jan 17, 2015
OGIYEN:
tanks so much, pls if I need an immigration expert advice how do I get one?

Don't waste your money, all your child gets is birth certificate and it means very very little in future unless the law changes.

However....if you are ready to live in the UK for 7yrs after delivery then Citizenship is possible for your child and for you through your child.
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by OGIYEN: 8:11am On Jan 18, 2015
richietayo:
datz a similar case Scenario @OGIYEN
ok guys,dis is it,for those people with birthcertificate and parents don't have any status,u have to b in d UK for a period of 5yrs prior to ur application and other requirements for age 18yrs and over for naturalisation,u can read dis on naturalisation on uk govt website
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by OGIYEN: 8:21am On Jan 18, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

Don't waste your money, all your child gets is birth certificate and it means very very little in future unless the law changes.

However....if you are ready to live in the UK for 7yrs after delivery then Citizenship is possible for your child and for you through your child.
@justwise tanks ,I don't knw if u have gone tru d requirements for naturalisation wen 18 or over.pls go tru it and see.tanks
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by justwise(m): 8:23am On Jan 18, 2015
OGIYEN:
ok guys,dis is it,for those people with birthcertificate and parents don't have any status,u have to b in d UK for a period of 5yrs prior to ur application and other requirements for age 18yrs and over for naturalisation ,u can read dis on naturalisation on uk govt website

Website please.
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by justwise(m): 8:24am On Jan 18, 2015
OGIYEN:
@justwise tanks ,I don't knw if u have gone tru d requirements for naturalisation wen 18 or over.pls go tru it and see.tanks

Which govt website?
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by OGIYEN: 8:35am On Jan 18, 2015
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by drgbaks(f): 8:33pm On Feb 27, 2015
Sorry to digress, but if a child born in the UK in 2015 to a married couple in which the mother is not a British Citizen but the father is a British Citizen does that make the child a British Citizen.

Thanks.
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 9:15pm On Feb 27, 2015
drgbaks:
Sorry to digress, but if a child born in the UK in 2015 to a married couple in which the mother is not a British Citizen but the father is a British Citizen does that make the child a British Citizen.

Thanks.

The child gets his/her Nationality from his/her Mother.
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 28, 2015
Lexusgs430:
The child gets his/her Nationality from his/her Mother.

Really? Father's nationality doesn't count?? Didn't know that.
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by marylandcakes: 8:30am On Feb 28, 2015
drgbaks:

Thanks.

Yes
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by drgbaks(f): 10:32am On Feb 28, 2015
Thanks everyone.
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by ichiban1(m): 5:25pm On Feb 28, 2015
drgbaks:
Thanks.

Acquisition after commencement

1 Acquisition by birth or adoption.

(1)A person born in the United Kingdom after commencement [F1, or in a qualifying territory on or after the appointed day,] shall be a British citizen if at the time of the birth his father or mother is—
(a)a British citizen; or
(b)settled in the United Kingdom [F2or that territory].
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by drgbaks(f): 11:54pm On Mar 01, 2015
ichiban1:

Acquisition after commencement

1 Acquisition by birth or adoption.

(1)A person born in the United Kingdom after commencement [F1, or in a qualifying territory on or after the appointed day,] shall be a British citizen if at the time of the birth his father or mother is—
(a)a British citizen; or
(b)settled in the United Kingdom [F2or that territory].

Thank you. I appreciate this. I'm guessing you got this from the UK's Immigration website right?
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by ichiban1(m): 1:48am On Mar 02, 2015
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by vicky32: 4:12pm On Mar 05, 2015
Hello, please I need your support as am a bit confused. I was born in the UK and I have my long and short birth certificate, but as at when i was born, non of my parent are British citizen. I was brought to Nigeria when I was 7month old though I have my hospital cards,Nhi card, pictures of me as a baby both at home and at the hospital, pictures or me and my parent abroad, pictures of me and the nurses that took my delivery and some other document. Some years after I was born, my father became a British citizen having a British passport. I was born 1988. My question is can I apply for a British passport. Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by vicky32: 5:24pm On Mar 05, 2015
Please can I get a reply urgently. Thanks
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by 2CatWoman: 6:16pm On Mar 05, 2015
If you were born in the UK on or after 1 January 1983

You don’t automatically get British citizenship if you were born in the UK.

If you were born on or after 1 January 1983, you’ll be a British citizen if your mother or father was either:
a British citizen when you were born
‘settled’ in the UK when you were born

In most cases you’ll be a British citizen if your mother or father was born in the UK or naturalised there at the time of your birth.

If you were born before July 2006, your father’s British nationality will normally only pass to you if he was married to your mother at the time of your birth.

If your circumstances are more complicated, you can get more information about British citizenship.

https://www.gov.uk/types-of-british-nationality/british-citizenship

Hopefully justwise and others will be along shortly.
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by vicky32: 6:36pm On Mar 05, 2015
So please ma, what can be done if I want to return to the uk. Thanks
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by mikemoroz(f): 9:40pm On Apr 14, 2015
worry359:
Were either of your parents born in the UK?
Was either of them a permanant resident with papers?
Do you have a British birth certificate?

Just like my case but i was born dec 1987 and i have the copy of my uk birth cert, my baby pics of my birth at kinds college hospital with my mum and i. so cards and the last document of child benefit payment.

do i stand a chance has well....
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by jamal080(m): 3:40pm On Mar 31, 2016
How are the necessary documents need to get a british birth certificate both long and short and how much does it cost.....@justwise and pals out their ?
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 9:47pm On Mar 31, 2016
jamal080:
How are the necessary documents need to get a british birth certificate both long and short and how much does it cost.....@justwise and pals out their ?

£9.25

Where does the applicant presently reside? What documents are presently available?
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by jamal080(m): 7:53am On Apr 01, 2016
Both are presently in nigeria.
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 8:27am On Apr 01, 2016
jamal080:
Both are presently in nigeria.

Do you have documentations to prove your stay in the United Kingdom, in reference to status, NI records, school pictures, taxation records, mortgage or rent documents, bank statements etc etc etc?
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by jamal080(m): 9:03am On Apr 01, 2016
-Mother british P and father Nigeria P
-Marriage certificate with a lot of pictures.
-Mother brith certificate lng n short
-child's naming ceremony wit video n a lot pictures
-Child's nigeria birth certificate
-Pictures frm 1mth pregnacy up to date 6yrs
-declaration of birth from hospital
-All medical records, recept, baby book,etc
-child's british P
-child's school report card n pics in d class
-child's indiginus certificate from oba
ojora land
-etc
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by ekpotek: 9:30am On Apr 01, 2016
Hello OP. My wife and her brother where born in the UK before 1983 to Nigerian parents. They both had UK visit visa using their UK birth certificate (long version) to visit the UK in 2013. So you can be issued a visit visa if you have a valid reason to enter the UK. However, you would be refuse a visit visa if you have a pending application for a Bristish passport or if you state in your visa application that you are a British Citizen. My wife second visa application was denied becuase she claimed to be a British Citizen (techically she was) in her visit visa application and she was advise to go apply for her British passport. To the glory of God she has been issued her Brtish passport last year. So if you intetested in applying for your BP, start garthering evidence to support your application. If you just want to visit the UK on your Nigerian passport you can apply for a visit visa. Good luck.
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by jamal080(m): 5:55pm On Apr 01, 2016
@lexus @justwise pls am waiting you.
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by shaybebaby(f): 8:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
jamal080:
@lexus @justwise pls am waiting you.
If either one of the parents are British and they were married at the time of the child's birth, the child is eligible for citizenship.

1 Like

Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by limai17: 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2017
Hello good people, please I have a UK birth certificate (long one), born 1986. I know according to law am not a british citizen, my question is, please I want to relocate to the uk, will like to know which route will be better, visiting visa or student visa. My brother is based in the UK,he his a citizen by birth and been there for more than 10years. Please gurus in the house help out. Thank you.
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by marylandcakes: 10:00pm On Sep 14, 2017
limai17:
Hello good people, please I have a UK birth certificate (long one), born 1986. I know according to law am not a british citizen, my question is, please I want to relocate to the uk, will like to know which route will be better, visiting visa or student visa. My brother is based in the UK,he his a citizen by birth and been there for more than 10years. Please gurus in the house help out. Thank you.

You can go to the British consulate website to make enquiries.
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by jamal080(m): 5:09am On Dec 30, 2017
the British born as two birth certificate long and short...since u have one of it.... u can only application for visiting or student visa...with influence you are born in that territory but a British born yet.
Re: Born In UK But Living In Nigeria by donmanuel1: 1:28pm On Jul 03, 2018
if you are born in the uk after 1983 and u entered UK. can u work n leave freely

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Military Officers Will Now Enjoy VIP Treatment At Airports - Aviation Minister / How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo / What Are The Importance Of Tourism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.