Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

You Dont Love Ur Patner Till You Quarell - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / You Dont Love Ur Patner Till You Quarell (1088 Views)

What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing? / She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. / Please Help I Dont Love My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Dont Love Ur Patner Till You Quarell by mumumugu(m): 10:02pm On Dec 21, 2014
You don’t know him or her until there is a quarrel. A quarrel tests character. Knowledge grows from disagreement. Love is a deeper knowledge of your partner. It is not just the romantic feeling, it is the feeling of tolerance, the feeling of acceptance and understanding.

A quarrel reveals weakness. It displays maturity.
A quarrel creates a platform for t
he woman to submit and the man to show love.
Don’t run away from confrontation. A confrontation will give you revelation. To walk away or to continue becomes clearer. Too much quarrel that ends with physical abuse is a danger sign. It is saying , ‘Quit!’

A quarrel creates room for patience. And patience is a virtue that can sustain a relationship. Any relationship.

An engaged couple came for counseling. They were preparing for marriage. The Pastor asked, “How are things going?”
“Great”, they said enthusiastically.
“Really?” the pastor asked.
“Yes”, the couple chorused.
“Have you had any quarrel? Any disagreement?”
The woman responded, “No o. It has been wonderful all the way”. And both stared at each other with a smile.

The pastor nodded his head. “No ,that is not good at all. I can’t wed you both”
“Why?” the lady asked.
“Go and have a quarrel. Disagree on something. Hurt yourself and see how much you can forgive yourselves. See how you can disagree to agree. Your courtship is too good to be true”.
The fight is important. It test your compatibility. But you must fight fair. I am not talking about throwing insults at each other or physical assault. I am talking about disagreements.

Marriage is not for two perfect people. It is for two imperfect people who seek to make their marriage perfect. They work hard to make sure that they are together. They have a deep understanding for each other because they realize that they are both fragile, human. And so they look up to God
Re: You Dont Love Ur Patner Till You Quarell by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 21, 2014
What goodness lies in quarrelling? undecided
Re: You Dont Love Ur Patner Till You Quarell by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
Spaced bookd
Re: You Dont Love Ur Patner Till You Quarell by Sanchez01: 10:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
I beg to disagree. The notion has been on sick one and unfortunately, we have believed this sick notion and end up applying them to our lives which ought not to be. Love, fights and quarrel have no correlation.
Re: You Dont Love Ur Patner Till You Quarell by Lawlarday(m): 12:24am On Dec 22, 2014
Really undecided
Re: You Dont Love Ur Patner Till You Quarell by Natasha2(f): 12:28am On Dec 22, 2014
I wont put it that way @op I think we get to love our partner more when we successfully settle our differences, and not exactly because of a quarrel.
Re: You Dont Love Ur Patner Till You Quarell by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 22, 2014
It's imperative that you know your partner's character, and that would include knowing how they handle conflicts/disagreements.
Re: You Dont Love Ur Patner Till You Quarell by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 22, 2014
The Op is actually spot on. You dnt know your partner fully well until you both disagree on something. Disagreement exposes weaknesses, exposes either maturity or immaturity. The success of a relationship/marriage is dependent on how disagreements are sorted. If you always avoid confrontation/communication believing issues die down on their own, small problems will grow to big problems, resentment and accumulated grievances are bound to happen.

4 Likes

Re: You Dont Love Ur Patner Till You Quarell by mumumugu(m): 9:54am On Dec 22, 2014
Www.mumumugu.
Re: You Dont Love Ur Patner Till You Quarell by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 22, 2014
Sophyrocks:
The Op is actually spot on. You dnt know your partner fully well until you both disagree on something. Disagreement exposes weaknesses, exposes either maturity or immaturity. The success of a relationship/marriage is dependent on how disagreements are sorted. If you always avoid confrontation/communication believing issues die down on their own, small problems will grow to big problems, resentment and accumulated grievances are bound to happen.

Better put.
Re: You Dont Love Ur Patner Till You Quarell by sweetcocoa(f): 11:29am On Dec 22, 2014
How do you get to the point of marriage without any disagreement whatsoever? Unless una two na robots or someone is pretending.
Re: You Dont Love Ur Patner Till You Quarell by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 22, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Better put.

Thanks. smiley

1 Like

Re: You Dont Love Ur Patner Till You Quarell by Haywhymido(m): 1:39pm On Dec 22, 2014
Owk, i will remember to av a quarrel wit her nxt time we meet.
Re: You Dont Love Ur Patner Till You Quarell by loomer: 1:46pm On Dec 22, 2014
Haywhymido:
Owk, i will remember to av a quarrel wit her nxt time we meet.

so u NO know say after quarrel comes sweet sex.
Re: You Dont Love Ur Patner Till You Quarell by onegig(m): 3:01pm On Dec 22, 2014
Sanchez01:
I beg to disagree. The notion has been on sick one and unfortunately, we have believed this sick notion and end up applying them to our lives which ought not to be. Love, fights and quarrel have no correlation.
Exactly. It starts from little disagreement to bigger ones.

Yeah, you have your differences but most have taken this to heart and would go all out to look for a reason to disagree just to fulfil this false notion and may never return to the path of sanity after that thus creating problems that where non existing.
Re: You Dont Love Ur Patner Till You Quarell by frostylook: 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2014
U will never know what your partner is capable of until the fight.
How else will u know their level of patience,tolerance,respect and
most importantly,their capacity to forgive and accept the other's
shortcomings? Disagreements brings out the worst in other people.
Better to know what you are dealing with and be prepared before tying the knot
than to step into a world of suprises later on.
Re: You Dont Love Ur Patner Till You Quarell by LordReed(m): 3:53pm On Dec 22, 2014
I agree. It's a mistake to think love cannot thrive in differences. If the two are not prefect then there will be spots of friction. Resolution is the way you know the love is real.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Breeding Houses For Homosexuality- Parents Be Advised! / Is It Proper To Be In The Same Profession With Your Spouse?? / Short Letter To Husbands From Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.