Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Liverpool Again - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Again (1758 Views)

Liverpool Vs Fulham (4 - 0) On 9th November 2013 / Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 19th October 2013 / Liverpool Vs Norwich (1 - 1) On 22nd October 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool Again by toshmann(m): 5:00pm On Aug 13, 2006
tell me guys. inwhich world will chelsea beat liverpool. some one tell me.

cheesy cheesy we'll never walk alone

we have started the season with chelsea. lmao

Re: Liverpool Again by elile99(m): 5:22pm On Aug 13, 2006
Very Happy for Liverpool, At least it has Shown that Chelsea Can never be the best even if they got the money in this whole planet
(bad newz) Ballack got Injured during the game cry
Re: Liverpool Again by sammietos(m): 7:52pm On Aug 13, 2006
Yeah money is not everything. Was happy Ballack got injured. It is better Chelsea should realise that Liverpool is a better team anyday.
Re: Liverpool Again by Jackal(m): 11:53pm On Aug 13, 2006
Don't get it twisted.
Chelsea is a strong team but Jose has not found the winning formular and balance in the team.
Makelele, Peter Cech and Gallas were all missing and hence John Terry was exposed.
It will take Chelsea some 5-7 Premiership matches before the get into full stride but once they do-they will kick asses.

Chelsea is still a force to reckon with and its too early to judge the team based on this match.
I believe Jose made some errors in buying so many similar players.
Drogba n Shevchenko are similar. Mikel Obi, Ballack and Lampard are too similar and having 'em in the same team will cause more problems and it affects the game play.
This match will def'ly rock Chelsea's confidence when the Premiership starts but i still believe Chelski is the team to beat.
Re: Liverpool Again by elile99(m): 6:34am On Aug 14, 2006
Jackal:

Don't get it twisted.
Chelsea is a strong team but Jose has not found the winning formular and balance in the team.
Makelele, Peter Cech and Gallas were all missing and hence John Terry was exposed.

They were missing abi?
These 3 guys are still the same people that still play against Liverpool and still get beaten by Liverpool
Re: Liverpool Again by lakeside4love(m): 6:57am On Aug 14, 2006
@jackal all dat na yeye xcuse.just accept it,
Re: Liverpool Again by lakeside4love(m): 7:02am On Aug 14, 2006
celski r no match 2 teams like Arsenal,Liverpool, n Manchester.
Re: Liverpool Again by lordimpaq(m): 7:32am On Aug 14, 2006
@jackal

there is no excuse for making excuses,

after all the same gallas, cech and makelele were there when they played liverpool in the champions league and liverpool turned out winners,

so wats the fuss, besides when did u become a chelsea fan, ? i thot u were a red devil, or have been lured by the Russian's billions, i can see its all about the benjamins, i mean its all about the elizabeths, ,,he he he grin
Re: Liverpool Again by salehm(m): 8:55am On Aug 14, 2006
Well Kop Have Beaten Chelski Hands Down so there is nothing to talk about.Not even Excuses,Mourinho has lost his winning Formula.Despite all the Big names,Chelski were exposed.Let me even ask a question"Who noticed what chelsea played in the last 25 minutes or there about"Chelski were playing like an amateur team,all the players lost their position,Mourinho making some crucial substitution, lipsrsealed
Re: Liverpool Again by opeemi1(m): 9:10am On Aug 14, 2006
Liverpool is my team, I wasn't suprised at chelsea's defeat. Jose to me as made lots of mistakes this season in which he's getting to see the results. Funniest thing is that lots of chelsea fans has placed so much bets on the games, pity them all. grin grin grin
Re: Liverpool Again by Fimmy(m): 9:22am On Aug 14, 2006
ope_emi:

Liverpool is my team, I wasn't suprised at chelsea's defeat. Jose to me as made lots of mistakes this season in which he's getting to see the results. Funniest thing is that lots of chelsea fans has placed so much bets on the games, pity them all. grin grin grin

GOOD FOR OU
Re: Liverpool Again by opeemi1(m): 10:08am On Aug 14, 2006
Fimmy:

GOOD FOR U

Don't take me wrong, I didn't bet,    cool
Re: Liverpool Again by Jackal(m): 11:20am On Aug 14, 2006
@ Lordimpaq,
I am not a Chelsea fan. I am a red devil but we should not be too quick to judge Chelsea based on that match.
A winner has to emerge and Chelsea did not deserve to win yesterday's match.
The Chelsea i saw yesterday had so many similar players playing different positions and they got confused so many times with what to do with the ball.

Chelsea will gel but it might take some time to get their winning formular and momentum back.
I supported Liverpool yesterday cos i wanted them to knock out some chunk of confidence outta Mourinho's loud mouth.
Lampard was disappointing and i think Mourinho shld have removed him cos he wasn't effective.
Re: Liverpool Again by lordimpaq(m): 11:27am On Aug 14, 2006
yeah, even kalou did not know which position to play

terry was as confused as to either he was to leave his position to cover for cavarlho who in turn is covering for ferrara,

to me ferrara was just too disappointing yesterday, so was lampard and especially john terry,

he actually left crouch to score,
Re: Liverpool Again by amodu(m): 12:01pm On Aug 14, 2006
Ferrera's mind is not in that game.

Mourhinho is the man to blame Geremi played well yesterday he should have remove Ferrera and bring in Wayne Bridge, i am very sure if Geremi was still in that team Aurelio will not able to cross that ball out.

Again the attackers present in that team is uncountable they aren't neede in that match (Drogba, Kalou, philips, Shevchenko) what i expect to do yesterday was that after ballack was substituted he will remove Drogba and brings in Mikel but he didnt.

As for Terry i dont know what is wrong with him
Re: Liverpool Again by babyathome(m): 12:57pm On Aug 14, 2006
This is not the time to begin to judge cos the thing is about to begin and remember liverpool had played  more competitive matches already N that was the edge. Secondly, dont criticise good things so that good things can come to u i'm talking about chelsea monies(billions) and their spending, but believe me chelsea is coming back strong to kick asses like jackal said and they're going to do it big time. babyathome
Re: Liverpool Again by amodu(m): 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2006
Babyathome i dont get what you trying to say, can you please explain better?
Re: Liverpool Again by under18(f): 1:56pm On Aug 14, 2006
I expected Chelsea to win but
I was wrong.
Re: Liverpool Again by Jackal(m): 2:13pm On Aug 14, 2006
@ Lordimpaq and Under18,

Can y'all guys now see when i said Rio Ferdinand is better than John Terry?
Without Makelele's protective shield Terry was over-exposed to incessant attacks by Liverpool thus making him look like a bum.
John Terry is the most ordinary defender in the Premiership but the British press has done so well in hyping him up.
Remove Makelele and Gallas from Chelsea's equation and the team will under-perform like Sunderland FC or West Brom.
Re: Liverpool Again by otokx(m): 2:20pm On Aug 14, 2006
@jackal

that is the british media for you.
Re: Liverpool Again by GUNNER(f): 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2006
John "Big Time Charlie" Terry was AWOL for that goal by Crouchie! embarassed
Re: Liverpool Again by amodu(m): 2:25pm On Aug 14, 2006
No one is above mistake, there are lots of them that make such a mistake, look at our own Joseph Yobo against Man. U passing the ball to Rooney.

when the season starts everything will be in accordance.
Re: Liverpool Again by under18(f): 2:49pm On Aug 14, 2006
For Terry he slept but it was liverpool
He is still better than Ferdinand.
Liverpool was ok in that match
Re: Liverpool Again by amodu(m): 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2006
They really tried but they should come and try it in Premiership.
Re: Liverpool Again by Akolawole(m): 6:07pm On Aug 14, 2006
Jackal:

John Terry is the most ordinary defender in the Premiership but the British press has done so well in hyping him up.
Remove Makelele and Gallas from Chelsea's equation and the team will under-perform like Sunderland FC or West Brom.

ope_emi:

1) How many days old is the season you are talking about?

2) Chelsea fans in Oshodi or which one?
Re: Liverpool Again by Akolawole(m): 6:17pm On Aug 14, 2006
QUOTE FROM LORDI

@jackal

there is no excuse for making excuses,

after all the same gallas, cech and makelele were there when they played liverpool in the champions league and liverpool turned out winners,

Chelsea have played Liverpool 3 times in Champions league;

1) The first one was 2004, where they beat us by a GHOST goal.
2) The second and third are goaless draw.

##Remember we beat them 4 days after that drawn game in Anfield and inflict on them the biggest home defeat in 36 years, 4 goals to one.

##We collected the maximum 6 points from them last season.

## Two seasons ago, we were 30 points better than them in the premiership.
Re: Liverpool Again by Damest09(f): 6:28pm On Aug 14, 2006
Liverpool is an ULTIMATE

Chelsea such a crap

John Terry doesn't deserve to be England Captain

Steven Gerrard is way better for the job
Re: Liverpool Again by Akolawole(m): 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2006
MY OWN ANALYSIS OF THE MATCH

1) I agree with Jose that Liverpool deserved to Win, They were sharper and better.

2) Man of the match is Malian International called Sisoko

3) Worst player on the pitch is John Terry [ He caused both goals ]

4) Cudicini played a part in their first goal but he made 2 great saves.

5) Shev announced his arrival with a very good goal. [ Maybe 30 goals this season in all competition  grin]

6) We missed Makalele who is the bread and butter of the team [ but thats not the excuse]

This match has nothing to do with Premiership as we will still be champions. ONLY GOD CAN STOP CHELSEA.  

I dont mind Chelsea even losing our first match as a wake up call. Wigan did the magic for us last season.
Re: Liverpool Again by debosky(m): 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2006
It was a good game overall, both teams showed signs that they haven't quite blended yet. all the goals could be attributed to errors

first goal terry+carlo's error

second goal carra and hyppia's error- how can u let a striker stroll ib between 2 centerbacks?

third goal - terry another show of slack marking

liverpool were slightly sharper than chelsea, thats why they made fewer errors. lets see at the end of september to see who's doing better during the season proper.
Re: Liverpool Again by toshmann(m): 6:57pm On Aug 14, 2006
Akolawole:

Chelsea have played Liverpool 3 times in Champions league;

1) The first one was 2004, where they beat us by a GHOST goal.
2) The second and third are goaless draw.

##Remember we beat them 4 days after that drawn game in Anfield and inflict on them the biggest home defeat in 36 years, 4 goals to one.

##We collected the maximum 6 points from them last season.

## Two seasons ago, we were 30 points better than them in the premiership.

so why is it that whenever there is an important match such as a knock out or cup match chelsea bows to their red lords?
the most important player in chelsea is makelele. however,makelele or no makelele liverpool remains chelsea's greatest nemesis in recent times.

even maurinho unusually accepted that threds were better. LMAO grin we have beaten humility into the proud portuguese.
Re: Liverpool Again by debosky(m): 7:05pm On Aug 14, 2006
not every cup match toshmann, carling cup 2005 was a cup match and chelsea won that

the reds have won this battle, but i still think chelsea will beat them this season.
Re: Liverpool Again by toshmann(m): 8:22pm On Aug 14, 2006
why cant u guys admit it? liverpool is superior. if we have the money chelsea has, ha ha haaaaa, we will win the world cup. yes, i mean the fifa world cup. we'll be soo good that fifa will grant us a request to play in the world cup and we'll win it cool

but u guys have it,yet, champions league final u cant even qualify. anyway, b/c maurinho was humble in cardiff, if anything happens to liverpool in the champions league this yr, i may give chelsea some support to win the trophy. just an olive branch, hope u guys will accept it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anelka Vs Drogba Who Is Better ? / Balotelli And Boateng Fight / Chelsea's Summer Transfer Targets Revealed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.