Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,046 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Likely Outcome Of 2015 Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Likely Outcome Of 2015 Election (932 Views)

A Sagacious And Most Likely Outcome Of April 11,2015 Governorship Elections. / Likely Outcome Of The Guber Poll / Buhari Should Take Outcome Of Election In Good Faith – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Likely Outcome Of 2015 Election by Gistdutch: 12:17am On Dec 22, 2014
I have discovered of recent that some Nigerians do view 2015 election from the angle of what they want instead of viewing it from the angle of reality on ground. Since the begining of fourth republic, the ruling party PDP has been having landslide victory. In 1999 election, Obasanjo of PDP polled 18,738,154 to defeat Olu Falae of AD-App who polled 11,110,287. In 2003 election, Obasanjo of PDP polled 24,456,140 to defeat Buhari of ANPP who polled 12,710,002 and some other contestants. In 2007 election, Yar'Adua of PDP polled 24,638,063 to defeat Buhari of ANPP who polled 6,605,299 and some other contestants. In 2011 election, Jonathan of PDP polled 22,495,187 to defeat Buhari of CPC who polled 12,214,853. With the above results, it would have been so easier to predict the 2015 election in which one will give it to the PDP but the reverse is the case because of some reasons best known to all of us. With the emergence of Jonathan as PDP candidate and Buhari as APC candidate, below is the analysis of the states that will be won by each of them: Abia-Jonathan, Adamawa- Buhari, Akwa Ibom-Jonathan, Anambra- Jonathan, Bauchi-Buhari, Bayelsa-Jonathan, Benue-Jonathan, Borno-Buhari, Cross River- Jonathan, Delta-Jonathan, Ebonyi-Jonathan, Edo-Jonathan, Ekiti-Jonathan, Enugu- Jonathan, Gombe-Buhari, Imo-Jonathan, Jigawa-Buhari, Kaduna-Buhari, Kano-Buhari, Katsina-Buhari, Kebbi-Buhari, Kogi-Jonanthan (under maybe), Kwara-Buhari, Lagos-Buhari, Nazarawa-Jonathan(under maybe), Niger- Buhari, Ogun-Buhari(under maybe), Ondo- Jonathan, Osun-Buhari, Oyo-Buhari(it would have been under maybe but the defection of Akala and Makinde from PDP has indirectly put APC in a better position in Oyo state), Plateau-Jonathan, Rivers-Jonathan, Sokoto- Buhari, Taraba-Jonathan, Yobe-Buhari and Zamfara-Buhari. I can bet it with anything that the error of the analysis is maximum of plus or minus 3states.The analysis up is about states where each candidate will have the higest score. The constitution requires the winner to have the simple majority of the votes cast and also scored 25% of votes cast in 2/3 of the states of the federation. I.e 24 states and FCT. Both candidates will fulfill the second condition but no one can boldly predict who among the two of them will fulfill the first condition i.e getting the simple majority of the votes cast because of the following reasons: According to INEC record of registered voters, North West 18,900,543 South West 14,296,163 North East 10,038,119 South South 8,937,053 North Central 7,675,363 and South East 7,028,560. Jonathan has his major supports in South South, South East and partly North Central. Buhari has North West, North East and partly South West as his support base. If registered voters of South South and South East are combined.....the number is not up to the number of registered voters in the North West alone. Secondly, majority of North West governors that would have helped Jonathan to penetrate the North West to some extent as we witnessed in 2011 election have joined the opposition party. Nevertheless, Jonathan will be able to penetrate the stronghold of Buhari more than how Buhari can penetrate to Jonathan's stronghold. In conclusion, no amount of political strategy will make Jonathan to win majority of the votes cast in the North West, North East, Kwara and Niger in the North Central. Also no amount of political strategy will make Buhari to win in South South, South East and some states in North Central like Benue and Plateau. If Jonathan can win at least four states in the South West.....he will win but if Buhari wins majority of the votes in the Southwest....it means he is our next president come 2015. Also, none of the candidates will emerge because of how competent he is. The winner will win because of religion and tribal sentiments of the Nigeria citizens. Just little percentage of Nigeria Citizens will not put religion and ethnicity into consideration before voting. As we can all see what the country has turned to. If you commend Jonathan on anything, you will be tagged Jonathanian and if you criticize him on anything, you will be tagged APC member. Let us all vote for the candidate of our choice, let us all peacefully accept the outcome and if you see any opinion that is different from your own.....present a superior argument instead of resulting to insult. No politician worths your blood! I have a dream to see a better Nigeria. - author: Owonikoko

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Likely Outcome Of 2015 Election by Greenage: 12:20am On Dec 22, 2014
Hmmm "if" you just said but i can smell a missing piece in your argument because history has a way of repeating itself. It's not just about party, religion or tribal sentiment it's about political strategy. Buhari has a way of playing sentimental politics, he did it in last election bringing on a yoruba speaking pastor as running mate but the question is: does he has a strategy that his followers believe in?
Ask Wenger against Chelsea coach Jose perhaps he can explain better.
Also don't forget political awareness has reached a state whereby people can separate their loyalty between a governorship and presidential candidate meaning for the mere fact that a state has APC governor doesn't mean Buhari has their vote. Don't be surprise that the vote of Redeem church can split into two.
People don't vote for you because you are righteous in your eyes people vote because of the plan you have for them.
So i think Buhari should stop propagating his righteousness but come out with political strategy that will move Nigeria forward. If it's better than what GEJ can offer then we shall vote and if not, he can please park well
Re: Likely Outcome Of 2015 Election by Adminisher: 2:20am On Dec 22, 2014
[quote author=Greenage post=29092944][/quote]

Edo and Tarawa are not for Jonathan. You are displaying too much faith in what you are selling but we are not buying. Also Jonathan is not winning any single state in the south west. The big names don't matter. For the SW, there is the remotest of possibilities that PDP wins one more governorship race but even there wherever it may be ....the core of the people will still switch to Buhari/Osinbajo for presidency.
Buhari is not an unknown quantity in the SW and the APC governors are there to give things a little nudge.

The fact of tribe and religion driving the voting is only partly true. The candidacy of Buhari is actually targeting the perceived weaknesses of Jonathan. No other candidate could have achieved that. You could almost list all GEJ's weaknesses and find a Buhari quality that appears to tackle it.

1 Like

Re: Likely Outcome Of 2015 Election by bisi16(m): 4:28am On Dec 22, 2014
Edo, Rivers, and Imo belong to Buhari... surely
Re: Likely Outcome Of 2015 Election by mrvitalis(m): 4:37am On Dec 22, 2014
bisi16:
Edo, Rivers, and Imo belong to Buhari... surely
no bro ...i am an apc supporter but these state ...are not winnable ....ok edo ..yes
..but my rivers ....no way but we can get our needed 25% votes ooh
but imo ....hmmm bro if we get 25% then we have done a miracle
..but one thing is sure .....buhari will win 60%.of west
70 to 80 % of north east and north west ...
..north central i.will say 40 to 60 %
and lets say ...15% from.south east
25% from.south south
...in a free and fair election buhari will win thats a sure bet
Re: Likely Outcome Of 2015 Election by bisi16(m): 8:32am On Dec 22, 2014
mrvitalis:

no bro ...i am an apc supporter but these state ...are not winnable ....ok edo ..yes
..but my rivers ....no way but we can get our needed 25% votes ooh
but imo ....hmmm bro if we get 25% then we have done a miracle
..but one thing is sure .....buhari will win 60%.of west
70 to 80 % of north east and north west ...
..north central i.will say 40 to 60 %
and lets say ...15% from.south east
25% from.south south
...in a free and fair election buhari will win thats a sure bet
Well, let's see how it plays out.. I just need a change, period!

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacking Damaturu Nowww / PDP Chairman Adamu Mu'azu Begs INEC To Postpone Elections On Twitter(See Tweets) / 2015 ELECTIONS: The Real Reason Why 2015 The Election Was Postponed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.