Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Did The Northern Cabal Led By Buhari Truncate Shagaris Govt Because Of His Vice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did The Northern Cabal Led By Buhari Truncate Shagaris Govt Because Of His Vice (696 Views)

Remi Babalola: I Left Jonathan’s Govt Because Of Financial Mismanagement / Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue / Northern Cabal Do Not Want President Goodluck Azikiwe Ebele Jonathan To Continue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did The Northern Cabal Led By Buhari Truncate Shagaris Govt Because Of His Vice by naijareferee: 12:55am On Dec 22, 2014
I was going through an article where it was stated that dr alex ekwueme the igbo vice president under was the defacto leader while shagari was just a stooge.

was this the real cause of fulani truncating a fulani led government in the name of fighting corruption...
no wonder alex was put in kirikiri while shagari was relaxing in his house.
ojukwu who was not in govt was also whisked away to kirikiri.
some northerners were taken also just to serve as decoration to the actual colouration.
since that coup....that was the closest an igbo man has gotten to the presidency.
please i need clarification
Re: Did The Northern Cabal Led By Buhari Truncate Shagaris Govt Because Of His Vice by egift(m): 1:04am On Dec 22, 2014
All the Perpetual Political Criminals in Nigeria and their Agents are doing all they can to smear the name of Buhari by parading all manner of Falsehood, Lies and Gossip. When they loot Nigeria, didn't it occur to them that Jail is possible?

Anyone that falls for such cheap propaganda like this, do so at his own detriment.

Vote Buhari to Stop Corruption in Nigeria. Once Buhari is elected, you will see many of these criminals in Iceland seeking shelter among the Eskimos.

2 Likes

Re: Did The Northern Cabal Led By Buhari Truncate Shagaris Govt Because Of His Vice by NIJJAking(m): 1:46am On Dec 22, 2014
buhari is the adolph hitler of nigeria, lets all work hard now to stop his impeding evil days from coming to pass.
Re: Did The Northern Cabal Led By Buhari Truncate Shagaris Govt Because Of His Vice by Adminisher: 1:54am On Dec 22, 2014
Childish does not come close to describing this post. It is so silly that no serious comments should be made.

1 Like

Re: Did The Northern Cabal Led By Buhari Truncate Shagaris Govt Because Of His Vice by masu: 2:09am On Dec 22, 2014
Looking carefuly into the events of 1983 one should conclude that the coupe was all about ekwueme the vp.

Ojukwu was jailed not for coruption but for fear of him intigating violence against the coupist.

For me the worst chameleon nature a man can display is to say that something is black today and say the same thing is white the next day.
Our bros from the southwest has made me to blv what ibos are saying about them all the while

The sw media made us to blv that buhari action of 1983 was nothing but evil but today they are singing his praise

I wont blv you guys anymore even in my real life

1 Like

Re: Did The Northern Cabal Led By Buhari Truncate Shagaris Govt Because Of His Vice by menesheh(m): 2:15am On Dec 22, 2014
Simply the true nature of it
Re: Did The Northern Cabal Led By Buhari Truncate Shagaris Govt Because Of His Vice by theV0ice: 3:49am On Dec 22, 2014
naijareferee:
I was going through an article where it was stated that dr alex ekwueme the igbo vice president under was the defacto leader while shagari was just a stooge.

was this the real cause of fulani truncating a fulani led government in the name of fighting corruption...
some northerners were taken also just to serve as decoration to the actual colouration.
since that coup....that was the closest an igbo man has gotten to the presidency.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
My dear, it's nice you didn't put that your source as a link here so as not to mess up the owner. No adult Nigerian worth his age would write such nonsense. Ekwueme was as powerless as any VP can be. Who would he be giving orders to? Umaru Dikko? even Adisa Akinloye the NPN chairman had more say in Govt than him.

That government was a govt of vultures. Shagari and Ekwueme were good men but truly figure heads. If any of them was truly in charge, that govt would have been better ran.
Re: Did The Northern Cabal Led By Buhari Truncate Shagaris Govt Because Of His Vice by Adminisher: 4:35am On Dec 22, 2014
naijareferee:

So you were not even born then?. This is the big problem with Nigeria, so many young people who have listened to lies from their parents.
Ekwueme and Shagari were in the same boat. Non of them had power. Ekwueme was and is still a gentleman It was Umaru Dikko controlling the economy, Okadigbo was the most influential Ibo man and had influence over Shagari because Shagari liked him, Akinloye was NPN chairman and a very good rigger of elections, he was also influential.
Nobody gave a damn about Ibos, please stop deceiving yourselves. The regime was chop, chop and chop.They brought Ojukwu the Ibo Biafra leader into the country for the first time after the civil war and he promptly joined NPN, leaving the Ibo party NPP. Okadigbo who was even more prominent in NPN the Hausa party than the VP (Ekwueme) used to abuse the great ZIk in public.
It is all there in history if you want to check. Awolowo wrote a letter to Zik for support to break the Northern hold on Nigeria but Zik refused.
Please read through the history and tell me if I am wrong. The Ibos were not very sensible during the second republic, they were all about money and abusing their elders and kowtowing to the north. Which makes me laugh when i see all these anti north sentiments because of an ordinary Ijaw man. When Buhari overthrew them the first thing he planned was how to bring Umaru Dikko (a fellow northerner) to justice in Nigeria, finally they had him kidnapped on a London street, drugged and put inside a crate to be shipped to Nigeria. Only God saved him and some customs officials in the UK discovered the crate on time and freed him. Please read history well, think independently and make good judgements.

3 Likes

Re: Did The Northern Cabal Led By Buhari Truncate Shagaris Govt Because Of His Vice by naijareferee: 6:36am On Dec 22, 2014
[quote
author=Adminisher post=29094516]

So you were not even born then?. This is the big problem with Nigeria,
so many young people who have listened to lies from their parents.
Ekwueme and Shagari were in the same boat. Non of them had power.
Ekwueme was and is still a gentleman It was Umaru Dikko controlling the
economy, Okadigbo was the most influential Ibo man and had influence
over Shagari because Shagari liked him, Akinloye was NPN chairman and a
very good rigger of elections, he was also influential.
Nobody gave a damn about Ibos, please stop deceiving yourselves. The
regime was chop, chop and chop.They brought Ojukwu the Ibo Biafra leader
into the country for the first time after the civil war and he promptly
joined NPN, leaving the Ibo party NPP. Okadigbo who was even more
prominent in NPN the Hausa party than the VP (Ekwueme) used to abuse the
great ZIk in public.
It is all there in history if you want to check. Awolowo wrote a letter
to Zik for support to break the Northern hold on Nigeria but Zik
refused.
Please read through the history and tell me if I am wrong. The Ibos were
not very sensible during the second republic, they were all about money
and abusing their elders and kowtowing to the north. Which makes me
laugh when i see all these anti north sentiments because of an ordinary
Ijaw man. When Buhari overthrew them the first thing he planned was how
to bring Umaru Dikko (a fellow northerner) to justice in Nigeria,
finally they had him kidnapped on a London street, drugged and put
inside a crate to be shipped to Nigeria. Only God saved him and some
customs officials in the UK discovered the crate on time and freed him.
Please read history well, think independently and make good
judgements.[/quote]

thanks....no need to read the history anymore since you are a museum....

And i didnt know buhari was this saintly...yet you guys voted obj ahead of him

And you still dont get....fulani does not caution a fulani. They take sides
Re: Did The Northern Cabal Led By Buhari Truncate Shagaris Govt Because Of His Vice by naijareferee: 6:40am On Dec 22, 2014
[quote
author=masu post=29093782]Looking carefuly into the events of 1983 one
should conclude that the coupe was all about ekwueme the vp.

Ojukwu was jailed not for coruption but for fear of him intigating
violence against the coupist.

For me the worst chameleon nature a man can display is to say that
something is black today and say the same thing is white the next day.
Our bros from the southwest has made me to blv what ibos are saying
about them all the while

The sw media made us to blv that buhari action of 1983 was nothing but
evil but today they are singing his praise

I wont blv you guys anymore even in my real life[/quote]

the sw propaganda machine is second to non.... these guys can change colors rapidly
i remember how they maligned buhari during obj second term reelection bid.

thanks for saying things the they are

(1) (Reply)

Sad: Us Based Nigerian Couple Killed By Robbers Shortly After Landing In Nigeria / Five Reason Why Jonathan Should Nt Be Re-elect-fashola / Reasons You Did Not Make Front Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.