Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party (1872 Views)

My Wife Has Taken My April Fool's Joke All Wrong...please Help!! / Watch How These Kids Danced At A Birthday Party (video) / My Landlord Has Taken Over My Wife....... Husband cries out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by onismate: 3:39am On Dec 22, 2014
One of the days I would never forget in a hurry. The day 4 corpers, young and vibrant were thrown into the cemetery. I was among the 4. What happened? How did it happen?

It was a beautiful Saturday. The D-day. That was victoria’s birthday. Every one of us, Uju, Teju, Kosi and I had been anticipating the birthday party which would take place in Okiigwe in Imo state where she (victoria) was serving.

Victoria was the happening girl when we were in University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN). She was from a rich family. Year in year out, we don’t miss her birthday party because there was lots to eat and drink. Considering she was a close friend of 4 of us. We couldn’t miss that birthday. It’s a special course on its own. And that kind course, you no fit carryover. That God she was posted to Imo state while we the 4 other people in the clique were posted to Abia state for NYSC. Our PPA was Arochukwu in Abia while victoria’s was Okiigwe in Imo state.

I woke up that day with a sad face. The journey we were about to embark, I had no money on me. Government was yet to pay corpers their allowee. ‘Only God know how I was going to get to Okigwe,’ I thought to myself. As I was complaining about money, other 3 was complaining too. But Teju had some money. She said she would pay our transport fair to and fro. Though victoria had promised that she would give us some money when we come to okiigwe. So I was anxious to go. If it were to be another person. I wouldn’t have thought about going. But victoria na sure girl. Her papa get money so she go give us better money when we come.

I prepared myself. I took one of my deepest school bags. So all the juice, food and take away wey I go collect, the bag fit contain them. After preparing, the only N50 on my phone, I used it to call the other 3 others, teju, uju and Kosi. Teju said I should come to her house so all of us will go from there. Na so I use the N100 wey remain for my pocket enter bike go Teju house. Since she’s the one to sort out the transportation to Okiigwe.

I got to teju’s house, other girls had already prepared and were there. Teju never still prepare finish and that was about 11:12am. “When we go come go nah. Nah night we go come rich Okiigwe,” I said to them. “Abeg farabale joor,” teju said. Well, that’s how she would behave because I don’t have money. Na she get money to transport us so she come dey do anyhow. I had to endure it till she finished and we left the house to the park. That was around 02:17pm that afternoon. Okiigwe is not too far from Arochukwu but i love us to be there on time. But the girl wey dey pay our transport fair. Na she get money. she just dey use us dey do yeye. She even dictated the bus we will enter. Her blood just dey hot because she dey pay our transport fair. She don forget say sometimes wey the thing dey hold her, she no go get, na me dey even dey buy sanitary pads for her.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/952-4-corpers-our-adventureous-birthday-journey-to-the-cemetery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by onismate: 3:39am On Dec 22, 2014
The first bus we boarded, the driver said he would take us for N700. Chaii, na so teju scatter, “N700 is too expensive nah. I can’t pay for this,” she said. she don finally tell the whole world say na she dey pay our transport fair. I begged and pleaded with her. Uju and kosi joined. We pleaded with her to pay so we could just leave. At least victoria will give us some money. Even though she doesn’t, I promised to pay her and the extra, but let’s just leave so we could get there on time because Night was fast approaching.

Everything we said fell on deaf ears. This teju girl no gree. She said she can’t pay N700 each. Na so we stay there. The bus load comot, another one load comot. Bus just dey load dey go, teju still they do strong head. Other girls were angry. I had nothing on me. my last N100 was what I used to transport myself to Teju’s house. My transportation to the park was paid by teju. I began to think. How I wished I had about N200 on me. I would have just gone back home and forget about the birthday. After much para wey we para for the teju girl. She said we should move forward and stand on the main road side, that we will see a car going to Okiigwe for N400. I was confused and didn’t know what to do. I don’t even have money to go back home. Uju asked some people at the park if it was true we were going to find a car going to Okiigwe for N400. Some said it was possible. Na so we comot for there come go stand for main road they wave car. Maybe we could get a car going to Okiigwe. After over 45 minutes, we finally found an empty old Pegeot car. The driver was a not so young. He should probably be in his early thirties’ I guessed. He said he can take us to Okiigwe, even to the place we are going. He charged us N600. Na so another wahala start. I just couldn’t argue. Na so Teju and the driver drag this amount ooo till finally. The driver finally agreed to take us to our final destination for N500. That was about 5:25pm. The journey sef no dey my body again. we finally entered the car and the journey began. Teju sat at the front seat opposite the driver. She said she must seat there since she was the one who paid. Who get time to drag! Nah make we get to our destination be the matter.

As we moved, I discovered the car was moving slowly, I don’t really like it. I wanted to talk to the driver but I changed my mind. The car was too old. Maybe if he increased the speed, the car may scatter. The way it was even making noise as it moved, I was just praying it shouldn’t stop half way.

15 minutes into our journey, it looked as if the car wasn’t even moving. It was crawling and the lady gaga jezebel we have, Teju, I was surprised she didn’t say anything to the driver. Since they said the journey from Arochukwu to Okiigwe was just 45 minutes. I had to cool my temper. The driver brought out some pilled oranges inside a black nylon he kept near the steering. He gave us. ‘Make una come join me ooo.” Uju, kosi and I said we were not taking but thanked him. even though I was so hungry. I needed to take something but my mind was in getting to Okiigwe. “Abeg leave them make them dey do shakara joor. Give make I lick,” Teju rushed the oranges. She took one and the way she was gobbling it was embarrassing.

I wasn’t even bothered, my own was for us to get to Okiigwe safetly and on time.

Half way into the journey at about 6:17pm, the driver told us to bring out our touch lights, phones with touch lights because his car’s front lights are not working. Chaiii, this one na gobe. So na wetin we go experience! Na so I come on my touch light phone come point the thing. Kosi also helped me with hers too. I joined teju at the front seat as I pointed the lights for driver to be seeing as we moved closer to Okiigwe.

It was about 6:37pm, we were finally at the entrance of Okiigwe. I saw “Welcome to Okiigwe” sign post afar. ‘Thank God’ I thought to myself. My hands were already aching me. I was tired of pointing lights for driver to see clearly. I was so happy that we would soon get to our destination, I never knew the troubled journey just started.
http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/952-4-corpers-our-adventureous-birthday-journey-to-the-cemetery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by onismate: 3:40am On Dec 22, 2014
After we passed the “Welcome to Okiigwe sign post,” the car stopped. The driver tried starting it, it couldn’t. And it was night, cars were passing but the place ours had this fault, there were no houses. It was just the entrance of the of the town we had not gotten to the main town. Looking at the situation, I didn’t know what to do or say again. the driver asked us to help push the car. The Jezebel we have in the car, teju, she had already slept off when the driver woke her up to come down and help push the car. “Push which car! After paying our T-fair, I go still push car,” Teju said. “Abeg I no fit push any car,” she repeated again. I was deeply angry within me. I began regretting embarking on the journey.

I, uju, kosi and the driver managed to push the car while teju stayed inside the car while we pushed. It was a big embarrassment to me. Na because say she pay our Transportation. I began to think of how to revenge what she is doing.

After pushing for about 15minutes, the car finally started. We entered and we moved. Barely 10 minutes we moved, the car stopped again. This time I was angry in me that I had to voice out. Thank God, the place it stopped people are passing and we were seeing motorcycles (Okada). I told teju to driver part of the money, and we should get another car, maybe okada to our destination. At first she objected but after arguments, she agreed and went to meet the driver where he was checking ‘God knows what’ in his car bonnet. I wanted to call victoria but I had no airtime. I had to use Uju’s phone. Victoria wasn’t even picking up my call. Kosi tried too but she wasn’t picking. I had to send her a text. As I and Kosi were thinking of what to do, how to get in touch with victoria. We heard Teju and the driver arguing. I went to meet them to know what was happening. i got there and asked, the driver was angry that Teju offered him N800 for the 4 of us. teju tried explaining that since the driver didn’t get to our destination, the full money won’t be given to him. Driver no gree. He said we must give him the complete N2,000. Na dat one me no agree with the driver. We began arguing, I told the driver we can’t pay him N500 for each. Na so we drag this thing. And time was going. I took the driver to one corner and explained things to him. We negotiated and he finally agreed on N400. I was happy that he said he would accept N400, I had already forgotten I was not the one paying. I went to Teju and told her what I and the driver concluded. “Lai-lai, I can’t pay N400 for this stupid journey,” Teju screamed. She said she was even planning to even pay him N150 but changed her mind. “If you people have the money, pay him the N500. But for me, I can’t pay it,” she said. kosi and uju started begging her to pay but she refused. How I wished Victoria was picking our call, so she could come and take us out of that place’ I thought to myself. Even the birthday party we are going to, how am I sure the party had not ended. Victoria was not picking her call, she was yet to reply my text message. She didn’t even bother to call us sef. Though we had earlier spoken and I wished her a happy birthday, but since that morning, we are yet to speak again.

Teju refused to pay. She was still insisting on the N200. As we were still arguing and I was pleading for teju to pay, the driver just left us to work on his car. The car started. I didn’t know how he did it. Immediately the car started, teju opened the front door and jumped into it. “I no dey carry una again,” driver shouted. “Make una comot for my car,” he said again. “Lai lai, we no go comot unless you carry us reach were we dey go,” teju replied. both of them began to quarrel. No be that one e dey me, I began stopping motorcycles to see if they can take us to victoria’s place. I called 2 motorcycles (okada), one will pick kosi and teju while the other one would be for uju and i. Each of them charged N150. Teju refused. She said she won’t enter the okada that the car must take us to victoria’s house. “I say I no dey go again nah, make una pay me for the one wey I carry,” the driver said. “Teju pay this man and let us leave here,” Uju shouted at teju.

“I won’t. I won’t” teju said. It was dawned on me that this girl teju was just a mischief maker. She doesn’t listen to what we are saying. I tried calling victoria but she wasn’t picking. I was tired, I didn’t know what to do again. I started regretting embarking on the journey. As at that time, it was 7:56pm. This is a place we were not familiar with and I have to take it gently with teju, if not she may cause more problem.

I thought of begging money from passersby. Maybe I could raise some money to get out of that place. Na so the 2 people wey I meet, all of them talk say dem no get. This one na pure Gobe. I went to meet the driver, I pleaded with him to ignore teju. He should just take us to our destination, when we get there I would pay. Thank God he finally agreed and we entered. I never knew we were in for another drama.

I joined teju at the front seat as I pointed the lights on my phone and the touch the driver gave to me. Barely 20 minutes the driver began driving, I discovered that everywhere was just quiet. The road was lonely. I felt like being scared but managed to hold myself. Everywhere was cold, goose pimples on my hands. “This place na cemetery nah,” teju shouted. ‘cemetery keh.’ Wetin we come dey find for cemetery. Na cemetery victoria dey stay! Abi, we are just passing by. I pointed the touch lights to my right hand side. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. So many tombs and small bushes around. Na so fear start to dey catch me. “Oga na cemetery be this place nah,” I said. “Yes na cemetery. We go soon reach were we dey go,” the driver replied. Before we knew what was happening, the car stopped or maybe the driver intentionally stopped. “Oya make una come down, car don stop,” the driver said. Shey dis man dey joke nih or. Driver came out of the car asked us to come down. Na so we start to dey para ooo. I believed the driver brought us there to use us for rituals. Infact I began thinking everything was preplanned. The driver began threatening us to pay him, and if we don’t pay him right there that moment, the spirit of is dead father buried at that cemetery would rise and strike us dead. Chaiiii, we don enter one chance oooo. Teju said she was not coming down, that she wants to see how that spirit would strike her dead. She sat comfortably at the front seat while I and the 2 other girls went down. Uju was scared, she started crying. I don’t even have any money to give to the driver. I called teju, asked her to pay the driver so we could leave the place. Since it seems the driver is an evil man. Teju no gree ooo. She said either the driver takes us to our destination or return us back to arochukwu. By then I knew that teju was ready to die. She had been infected with the spirit of death. Maybe it was her destiny to die that day. No be for me. That is not my destiny. I nearly started crying. I began praying in my mind. If God should save me from that incident, I promised not to fornicate, chase women, drink. Infact I will turn to a pastor. Those were my thoughts as I and kosi and uju left the place in a hurry. “Una no wan pay,” the driver said. We didn’t even bother to reply as we ran for our dear lives. The person who supposed to pay refused. As we were running, finding our way out of that place, something stroked me. Leaving Teju at that place wasn’t a good idea. What would her fate be. The man may even kill her and use her for rituals. Part of me told me to go back and bring her. Another part of me told me to leave her because she was stubborn. And that’s true, upon everything, I tried to convince her to follow us for us to leave, she refused. Another thought came to my mind. Maybe teju and the driver was working together. And If we get there, both of them may just hijack and kill us. I was scared. And what of when we get there, it may be too late. The driver might have used teju for rituals. Hundreds of thoughts were just flying across my mind. I didn’t know what to do. If 3 of us were able to make it alive out of that death zone, how do we explain it to people, what are we going to tell people of what happened to teju! Who will believe our story? We escaped alive and left teju there.

As I was thinking about going to get teju, I never knew the other girls were bothered too. Uju agreed we should go and get her. I agreed but what of if she objected. Because na so her way be. Another thought came to my mind. What of when we get there and they had already disappeared! Or they had already turned to beast and swallow us. As the thought came, I became more scared but I was determined to do it and there was no going back. If we die we die and if we live we live. I took kosi and uju and we went back in that dark night.

When we got there, I saw the car but couldn’t see the driver and uju. “E don happen,” something in me said. We began calling her name. Something in me said we should leave there fast. But I refused. I don’t even know were the boldness came into me. It looked as if I wasn’t scared again. I began to look for her. Not until we found her on one of the tomb. She held the drivers shirt and was not letting go. She insisted that the driver must take her to victoria’s place. it was all dawned on me that teju has gone mental. I grabbed her immediately, held her tightly. She was struggling to get down, hitting me with all her long nails scratching over my body. Uju was crying. At that moment, I don’t know what is wrong with her. But I held her firmly and dragged her along as we ran. The driver stood and was checking the time on his wrist watch. Maybe he was waiting for his people to come and hijack us.

As I carried teju and she struggled, kicking and hitting me. I felt the pain that at a time I put her down. “What is wrong with you,” I shouted. Na so this girl stand up carry one stone for ground come nack me for head. I couldn’t take it anymore. I began beating her. the other 2 were crying and begging me to leave her. I plucked out a small cane from a tree and flogged her. I grabbed her by the waist and we moved fast as possible till we got to a tarred road. We saw some passersby and narrated what was happening. One of them managed to help us get a keke and we entered and he took us to our destination.

When we were narrating what happened to victoria, she was just laughing. The relationship between I and teju never remained the same. She doesn’t even talk to me. I knew I really dealt with her at the bush but it wasn’t my fault. I did it to protect ourselves. After the incident that day, we went to the church for prayers and deliverance. Teju didn’t join us. I believe she needs a special deliverance for her own case. She has a weird attitude right from time but she went took it to the extreme that day. But all in all, thank God for saving and delivering us from evil and death. I don’t know what would have happened in the bush if not for God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by Edwardhead(m): 4:09am On Dec 22, 2014
TEJU, a stubborn girl indeed
Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by Beesluv: 4:37am On Dec 22, 2014
And finally, I managed to read all.

Op you are are a good writer. That teju is something else
Lesson: Never go anywhere without at least bike fees with you

3 Likes

Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by zeb04(f): 5:36am On Dec 22, 2014
Hahahahahaha very funny story.

There is always a teju in any r/ship.

1 Like

Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by funmi4love(f): 5:49am On Dec 22, 2014
Story story! but u would have summarize it

1 Like

Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by taryour(f): 6:04am On Dec 22, 2014
The funniest part was when they found teju holding the drivers shirt on one of the thumbs,still insisting on him taking her to her destination. LWKMD.

Foolish girl,she see death she no run, she come meet devil one on one,she dey fight. Abeg na who she dey show power

Chai the 3 of dem for gang up and give her the beating of her life after they return to their base, alakoba oshi untop 2000 naira.

@op nice write up,very interesting and funny story.

1 Like

Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by taryour(f): 6:05am On Dec 22, 2014
funmi4love:
Story story! but u would have summarize it

Wahalai you no go enjoy the story o, try reading it. Complements of the season.
Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by phadat(m): 6:44am On Dec 22, 2014
Teju needs to get checked, I don't think she is in her right senses
Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by SELENAqueensy(f): 7:21am On Dec 22, 2014
No vex o...someone should summarize it for me abeg
Too long
Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by iamrealdeji(m): 7:41am On Dec 22, 2014
Nice story,is it fiction or real?
Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by MizEmpress(f): 8:21am On Dec 22, 2014
interesting, kudos to the writer kiss
Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by mrking3(m): 8:23am On Dec 22, 2014
The story is FICTION!!!
Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by SporaD8: 8:28am On Dec 22, 2014
Bwuhahaha! Very funny and interesting piece!
If that Teju of a girl was to be a guy, I will understand her boldness. but being a girl, na confirm mental case!

1 Like

Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by Fraih(f): 8:54am On Dec 22, 2014
Funny and suspense filled...
Nice 1
Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by EfemenaXY: 9:07am On Dec 22, 2014
Gosh!!

I totally loved this. I don't even care if it's fictional. This story's made my day.

Now this is what I call true entertainment. Captivating stuff.

@op: you are gifted. Really. Share more stories if you've got them. smiley

2 Likes

Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by Natasha2(f): 9:59am On Dec 22, 2014
Wow your writing is really captivating, when I first opened the thread I thought I'll come back to read after eating but no way, I was glued grin. Nice story meanwhile some people can be so annoying, I trust my sister she for leave that Teju there grin

Please we should learn to always have that spare change when going anywhere, especially places we aren't familiar with. My sister friend calls it "emergency T fare" she doesn't go anywhere without it. grin
Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by chidekings(m): 10:10am On Dec 22, 2014
una sef, u no get money, u come dey travel
Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by Applaner: 10:23am On Dec 22, 2014
op, which one is fried's birthday?

I can bet u, even nollywood no go fit act dis script.
so long and dry.
Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by reaky(m): 10:34am On Dec 22, 2014
Abeg next time summariz
Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by dazzle5: 10:44am On Dec 22, 2014
U are a fantastic writer o,I enjoyed every bit of d story
though was scared at a point.

A big lesson there for you, rely on no one & ensure u
have contingency plan for every event,if not; don't
embark on dt event.

I beg tell Teju she needs to see a doctor o&she shd even
be grateful to u guys cos u saved her life.

2 Likes

Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by amokeme(f): 11:29am On Dec 22, 2014
Nice story....
But you guys had the teju girl time sha. I trust myself, ill just leave her there...
Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 22, 2014
nyc story, very interesting.
Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 22, 2014
Thank you so much Op for killing my boredom in this salon. The last update is just too hilarious. How you flogged teju and dragged her to rescue her stubborn head, the 100 thoughts that ran through your mind, teju and driver turning into beasts and swallowing you. Lmao. Entertaining write up! Well donesmiley
Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by bukatyne(f): 5:48pm On Dec 22, 2014
@OP:

Nice one
Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by waifeyuk(m): 2:19pm On Dec 23, 2014
Nice story.Enjoyed everybit of it.That Teju girl tho'she nor try,putting ur lives @risk and all evn tho' there was promise of getting reimbursed later @victorias.She obviously has some loose screws that need tightening.
Lesson learnt :Emergency T-fare a must.
Learn 2b independent.I hate when I have 2depend on or beg sum1 for sumtin,u tend 2get insulted.kudos 2d writer once again.
Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 23, 2014
Fix your title small small OP
Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by Mobebi(m): 5:42pm On Dec 23, 2014
I nearly started crying. I began praying in my mind. If God
should save me from that incident, I promised not to fornicate, chase women,
drink. Infact I will turn to a pastor

thought the writer is a lady..... nice story though.
Re: How 4 Corpers Were Taken To A Cemetery On Their Way To A Fried's Birthday Party by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 23, 2014
as I red dis interesting story down, this teju seemed like a photocopy of one Corper girl I served with den called Ada. the most difficult girl in dis planet, all she knows is herself and herself. if u like, get on ur knees and try beg her to a compromise, for ages, she will not even smile let alone getting ur point.

everyone dreads her. was den I confessed dat, dier r some persons I can never live with, not even if we r d only two peeps left on earth

(1) (Reply)

(graphic Pic) One Whole Family Died In A Fatal Accident / Six Women Rape Man To Death In Benue, / Physical Abuse And Divorce Issues In Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.