Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:23 AM

Engine Issue; Needs Expert Advice. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Issue; Needs Expert Advice. (2011 Views)

Corolla Small Engine Issue / Buying A Toyota Sienna @900k...auto Expert Advice Needed Before Purchase / VW Sharan VR6 Engine Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine Issue; Needs Expert Advice. by Teedon(m): 11:10am On Dec 22, 2014
I complained here sometime ago about my Toyota camry 2.2LE smoking engine, @Gazzus suggested that I replace the engine..now the engine is finally gone. I traveled with it from school back home it started to give a knocking sound 30minutes before I got home, I managed it home though with excess fuel consumption.
I want expert to suggest if it will be ideal to replace it with HALF ENGINE, which is what I can afford soon or a complete one?
Thanks
Re: Engine Issue; Needs Expert Advice. by godsamist: 12:11pm On Dec 22, 2014
Half engine..What is the condition of the half engine?
Is it still a standardal one..the bore,pistons,rings,cam&crankshaft etc..get a good mechanic to do proper check and your good to go.
Always have a thorough check, on your car before embarking on a,long journer to avoid demages to engine's components.
Re: Engine Issue; Needs Expert Advice. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:32pm On Dec 22, 2014
Teedon:
@Gazzus suggested that I replace the engine..now the engine is finally gone. ,

Replace the engine.
Re: Engine Issue; Needs Expert Advice. by DECOtech(m): 6:08pm On Dec 22, 2014
Teedon:

I want expert to suggest if it will be ideal to replace it with HALF ENGINE, which is what I can afford soon or a complete one?
Thanks

Half engine will work but...

To restore that feel of a 2.2 camry, its best you replace the entire engine just as Gazzuzz has suggested.
Re: Engine Issue; Needs Expert Advice. by Teedon(m): 8:10pm On Dec 23, 2014
Thanks for the suggestions I really do appreciate....Hoping for cash to get the Engine.
Btw does anyone how much the whole engine will cost?
Re: Engine Issue; Needs Expert Advice. by DECOtech(m): 10:38pm On Dec 23, 2014
Teedon:

Btw does anyone how much the whole engine will cost?

Shld not be more than 80k though you can get it for less.

Don't forget to look into the engine oil filler hole and at the cap of the engine you are buying. Check for oil residue in them to avoid buying an engine filled with sludge.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engine Issue; Needs Expert Advice. by senator2k9(m): 11:27am On Dec 25, 2014
Bro, get a half Engine its same thing ok? Provided ur alternator, compressor, power steering pump, engine sensor, are all working, there no need to buy complete engine if u are not buoyant. I bought half engine and I'm rocking my camry real tight now....btw, the engines are of 2 types..the 3s and the 5s....the 3s is mostly used by toyota picnic, the 5s is a bigger Engine with more power, its d recommended follow come camry engine! The choice is urs ....thank me later !

Re: Engine Issue; Needs Expert Advice. by Teedon(m): 2:02pm On Dec 27, 2014
senator2k9:
Bro, get a half Engine its same thing ok? Provided ur alternator, compressor, power steering pump, engine sensor, are all working, there no need to buy complete engine if u are not buoyant. I bought half engine and I'm rocking my camry real tight now....btw, the engines are of 2 types..the 3s and the 5s....the 3s is mostly used by toyota picnic, the 5s is a bigger Engine with more power, its d recommended follow come camry engine! The choice is urs ....thank me later !

Thanks for sharing ur experience bro...Hw much do you think the half engine will cost now?
Re: Engine Issue; Needs Expert Advice. by disloman(m): 10:10pm On Dec 27, 2014
DECOtech:

Half engine will work but...

To restore that feel of a 2.2 camry, its best you replace the entire engine just as Gazzuzz has suggested.
U right cos d cost is almost d same n less stress if u can d engine as a whole.
Re: Engine Issue; Needs Expert Advice. by disloman(m): 10:14pm On Dec 27, 2014
senator2k9:
This is y I hate some pple here giving advice.Oga!u can compare ur situation with his n way u maintain ur car is differ frm his.what if he did what u told n d issue nt resolved?U can share ur experience nt u comparing.
Re: Engine Issue; Needs Expert Advice. by senator2k9(m): 8:38am On Dec 29, 2014
disloman:
This is y I hate some pple here giving advice.Oga!u can compare ur situation with his n way u maintain ur car is differ frm his.what if he did what u told n d issue nt resolved?U can share ur experience nt u comparing.
who is this RETARD?? He asked for advice and I suggested sth for him, its all up to him to decide what's best for him. Wats ur problem btw? Pls stop transferring ur family problems to Nairaland. Thnks

1 Like

Re: Engine Issue; Needs Expert Advice. by disloman(m): 12:32am On Dec 30, 2014
senator2k9:
who is this RETARD?? He asked for advice and I suggested sth for him, its all up to him to decide what's best for him. Wats ur problem btw? Pls stop transferring ur family problems to Nairaland. Thnks
like what u just did?SMH

(1) (Reply)

Check Abs And Brake Indications / Exhaust Leak Between Catalyst And Muffer But After O2 Sensors - Worry Or Not? / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Driverless/Self Driving Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.