Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,556 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Are Firstborns Really Brighter - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Firstborns Really Brighter (840 Views)

Firstborns Are Smarter - Middle Kids Are Sloppy - Lastborns Are Spoilt! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Firstborns Really Brighter by Dannidom(m): 12:31pm On Dec 22, 2014
This question sparks a lot of argument but it should be that firstborns are the ones to look up to by their junior ones more like their birthright.

But some firstborns especially male childs are the most stupid in their families. For instance, in some homes their firstsons may be assisted to go overseas with their parent's last kobo and they travel to neva return and eventually when they return, they fall their familys high hopes of good-travel-return and end up broke, in so much the neva muster the money to return. With the younger ones education-fund all invested in that guy, he leaves them with no hope than to languish in poverty.

But this cant rob the fact that most firstborns are somehow more intelligent than their younger ones and also that they are more succesful than their younger ones.

I think some firstsons are their so that their younger ones can learn from their mistake. Sort of the first in a chain-line of travelers so that those following wil learn from where he missteped while stepin in a hole.

so guys whats your opinion?

PS. Am a first son.
Re: Are Firstborns Really Brighter by Nelsizzy(m): 12:34pm On Dec 22, 2014
I think to some extent. Because they are the first n they would sure enjoy the undiluted luv from both parents mostly their mums
Re: Are Firstborns Really Brighter by Gloriagee(f): 12:42pm On Dec 22, 2014
Truth is, I hate the endless comparison that goes on between kids as parents and relatives are simply unaware of all the harm they're doing such as sibling rivalry, inferiority complex amongst others. I hope that at some point parents can get to realise that every child is unique and blessed with their own strengths and weaknesses. A successful parent is one that understands the child and raises the child in such a manner that empowers the child draw on their strengths and overcome as much as is possible their weakness. fake n failed parents are those that resort to comparing children to egbon, baby of the house n neighbors. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Are Firstborns Really Brighter by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 22, 2014
Gloriagee:
Truth is, I hate the endless comparison that goes on between kids as parents and relatives are simply unaware of all the harm they're doing such as sibling rivalry, inferiority complex amongst others. I hope that at some point parents can get to realise that every child is unique and blessed with their own strengths and weaknesses. A successful parent is one that understands the child and raises the child in such a manner that empowers the child draw on their strengths and overcome as much as is possible their weakness. fake n failed parents are those that resort to comparing children to egbon, baby of the house n neighbors. embarassed

Gbam , you just shared my thoughts
Re: Are Firstborns Really Brighter by Dannidom(m): 12:46pm On Dec 22, 2014
Gloriagee:
sorry ma but we are not comparing any of them
Re: Are Firstborns Really Brighter by Dannidom(m): 12:53pm On Dec 22, 2014
Nelsizzy:
I think to some extent. Because they are the first n they would sure enjoy the undiluted luv from both parents mostly their mums
sure but that is untill the younger ones come then the mother's attention shifts to the lastborn buh the father's advice stick arround with the firstborn especially the firstson sort of, as he is the first fruit of his labour and his succesor
Re: Are Firstborns Really Brighter by Nelsizzy(m): 12:55pm On Dec 22, 2014
Dannidom:
sure but that is untill the younger ones come then the mother's attention shifts to the lastborn buh the father's advice stick arround with the firstborn especially the firstson sort of, as he is the first fruit of his labour and his succesor
U r on point...
Re: Are Firstborns Really Brighter by Gloriagee(f): 12:58pm On Dec 22, 2014
Dannidom:
sorry ma but we are not comparing any of them

Really? The title - Are firstborns really brighter ? spells nothing but comparison.
Re: Are Firstborns Really Brighter by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 22, 2014
First-borns are always smarter.

And that's solely because both parents devote more time and care to them. I think it's also fair to say they're a lot more successful. Look it up, history says much.
Re: Are Firstborns Really Brighter by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 22, 2014
to me firstborns are brighter but end up being poorer cuz of tht zeal to look out for their young ones.
Re: Are Firstborns Really Brighter by Dannidom(m): 1:20pm On Dec 22, 2014
Gloriagee:

Really? The title - Are firstborns really brighter ? spells nothing but comparison.
Wel am sorry for that. I have a problem naming things forgive me.

But am trying to findout should firstborns be seen as more intelligent. That is, are parents suposd to see them as somehow more inteligent than their siblings

I dont mean you like them better than their younger ones.

Am I clear now?
Re: Are Firstborns Really Brighter by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 22, 2014
Not true in all cases. Being bright has nothing to do with who came first. Its the expectation from parents that firstborns should be some sort of support system to their siblings or exemplary for other siblings to follow.
Re: Are Firstborns Really Brighter by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 22, 2014
To some extent yes, first borns are brighter both male and female , as in " ada and diokpala"..they are expected to take certain responsibilties and look after the younger ones, which some how forces them to mature faster.
,they are not usually the brightest academically.. but they are naturally brighter and hardworking too.. its on few cases you have the first born especially the male digressing and misbehaving as a result of too much expectations from the family and society.

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Mothers Are The Best In Child Upbringing / Say No To Increase In Call Tarrif From MTN / Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.