Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,556 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Nutritionist/dietitians - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nutritionist/dietitians (17974 Views)

Nutritionist With A Social Media/marketing Swag / Masters In Food Science/nutritionist Vs Public Health Vs Pharmacology?which Wud Profit More In Our C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nutritionist/dietitians by dvinechimsy: 12:10pm On Sep 26, 2016
pls nutritionist in the house, can a HND Nutrition/Dietetics grad do internship n which other uth aside enugu is offering it in the east.thanks
Re: Nutritionist/dietitians by ijecks(f): 11:36pm On Sep 28, 2016
Yes a hnd grad can do his or her internship. Erhrm sorry guys ive been busy
Re: Nutritionist/dietitians by CaraJewel(f): 12:52am On Sep 29, 2016
Are dere available jobs for n/d?..and can they be self employed..?.am an aspirant in imsu..plus howz d course workload..are they also interesting or tough
Re: Nutritionist/dietitians by ijecks(f): 10:43pm On Sep 30, 2016
Yup there are available jobs in n and d but equipping yourself and developing yourself is vital. We are still in Nigeria
Re: Nutritionist/dietitians by dvinechimsy: 11:22pm On Oct 16, 2016
ijecks:
thanks for ur respons, i will lik to know d process, dat if theres any added cert
ijecks:
ijecks:
thanks for ur respons, i will lik to know d process, dat if theres any added cert
Re: Nutritionist/dietitians by goge242(f): 9:59am On Jul 17, 2017
Anywhere one can do internship in Abuja?
Re: Nutritionist/dietitians by merxci: 11:35am On Aug 04, 2021
Hello.
Good day

Please can anyone help me out with any available nutrition and dietetics internship past questions
Re: Nutritionist/dietitians by STANALVAREX(m): 12:45pm On Dec 16, 2022
Pls let's be careful with what we say when we get to an open platform like this... Make ur research...
To the best of my knowledge and experience gathered from erudites in the field.. a FST grad offers nutrition as a fragment course and also FST majors in food processing and application or method used in preserving food while nutritionist has their specialty majors in nutrients while dietician majors in dealing with diseases with dieting....
I can tell you theoretically that when you go through the course codes for both nutrition and dietetics and FST, they are different.
Now, for you to work in the hospital as a FST, you must do a nutrition course in one way or the other either as postgraduate course in nutrition.... The reason why they hardly employ FST grads is because we don't go for internship and internships has alot to impart when it comes to you becoming a major in that field of study.
For job opportunities, it depends on your mental vastness and as much as you can assimilate. Job opportunity in FMCG is very copious but not as compared to health but you can't compare the both in terms of payment.. The healthcare industry pays more as compared to food industries...
I studied FST and my boss studied NUTRITION & DIETETICS and im increasing my shrewd from her. You can acquire more certificate by various means. With the situation of things now, you can do anything as long as you have the required skills and requisite.
Re: Nutritionist/dietitians by ACUU: 1:57pm On Oct 05, 2023
I have a B.Sc in Nut & Diet. Which is better? Going for youth service first or internship first?
Re: Nutritionist/dietitians by SonOfEl(m): 6:59pm On Oct 05, 2023
ACUU:
I have a B.Sc in Nut & Diet. Which is better? Going for youth service first or internship first?

Do internship if you can before going for NYSC.
Re: Nutritionist/dietitians by Abahbee(f): 10:30pm On Oct 24, 2023
Do your NYSC first.
You must include your NYSC certificate b4 you can apply for internship.
Nutrition & Dietetics Dept. is nt like other Departments that your internship comes b4 NYSC.
I'm presently an Intern, speaking from experience.
Re: Nutritionist/dietitians by Abahbee(f): 10:19am On Oct 31, 2023
ABUTH Graduates Internship 2023/2024

Applications are now open for the Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital (ABUTH) 2023 graduate internship. ABUTH Graduates Internship 2023/2024

The management of the Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital (ABUTH) is now accepting applications for its 2023 graduate internship.
The cost of the ABUTH graduate internship form is Six Thousand Naira Two Hundred naira only(₦6,200).

Application Deadline is two weeks from the 30th of October, 2023

Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital (ABUTH) has announced internship applications for the following departments are invited;

Intern Nursing
Intern Pharmacy
Intern Medical Lab
Intern Radiographer
Intern Physiotherapy
Intern Optometrist
Intern Dental Technologist
Intern Nutrition & Dietetics
All intending Interns except Nutrition & Dietetics must have graduated and have licenses, while those applying for Nutrition & Dietetics must have NYSC or exemption.

How to Apply for Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital (ABUTH) Graduates Internship

APPLICATION FEE: N6,200 only

APPLICATION PROCEDURE

Go to www.apply.abuth.gov.ng
CLICK ON SIGNUP
CREATE YOUR PROFILE (Always ensure you write down your chosen LogIn ID and PASSWORD as you will need them to log back into the portal once you are logged out)
Click CHECK FORMS ON SALE or “APPLY HERE” (Make sure you read the program guideline and know the requirements of your proposed program before applying)
From the list of currently open programmes, choose by Clicking APPLY on the right end Click APPLY A transaction page will be displayed;
Click GENERATE RRR at the bottom left of the page A Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) number will be generated on the page.
Paying online using cards activates your account immediately.
To pay online (Master/Visa/Internet Banking), Click PAY VIA REMITA & follow the guideline (After Payment, just refresh your page & continue from step 11)
To pay through a Bank branch, print your transaction slip or copy the RRR number and proceed to any bank of your choice [UBA payment channels as we have challenges confirming payments from them pls]
After Making payment, Click on LOGIN and use the same details you created in step-3
Fill in all your information: Biodata, Contact Details, Next of Kin, Qualifications(O’levels & University[A-levels] and passport photograph
Click on My Forms from your profile menu and select SUBMIT application on the right. Make sure you check the agreement box at the bottom of your submission form and, finally, submit.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Varying Salaries In Different Fields / How Are You Coping With ACCA Exam Fees Payment? / In A Strange Land In Search Of Greener Pasture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.