Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,718 members, 7,955,696 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:05 PM

Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill (1410 Views)

Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill / Nyesom Wike, Tonye Princewill, Dakuku Peterside Pictured Together / Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill by fun4: 3:40pm On Dec 22, 2014
The governorship candidate of the Labour Party, LP, in
Rivers State, Tonye Princewill, has accused Governor
Rotimi Amaechi of selling the state’s assets to an
indigenous oil company, Sahara Energy, and using the
fund that accrued from the sale to finance the activities
of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

PREMIUM TIMES recently reported how assets such as
Olympia Hotel, Abonemma Wharf, Risonpalm and the
power generating stations in the state were sold to
Sahara Energy.

Mr. Princewill alleged that the over $800 million
realized from the sale of the assets was never lodged
into the coffers of the state government.

“Money changed hands but the accounts they entered
were not necessarily Rivers state government’s
officially operated accounts,” he said.

He also alleged that there is no evidence of competitive
tendering, independent valuation or a transparency in
the entire process, arguing that the “Rivers people
cannot be sure they got a good deal”.

“In one instance approximately $400 million changed
hands over an asset that could easily be worth twice
that. Why the secrecy?” he said.

Mr. Princewill, who said he worked for the success of
Mr. Amaechi during his election in 2007, also accused
the governor of using threat and intimidation to force
the sale of the assets to Sahara Energy after the company
began to develop cold feet funding the politics of an
opposition party.

“Incidentally the partners in the company (who were)
uncomfortable with the obvious attempt to finance the
politics of Amaechi hesitated to approve the
transactions.
“But a prompt threat from the Rivers Government made
them rethink. Can anyone say they did not know what
the money would be used for?

“Amaechi is one of the chief financiers of the APC
election and a close ally of Buhari,” he said.
He also accused the Rivers governor of using some of
the proceeds of the sale to launch international
propaganda for the 2015 election.

“Information reaching me is that international media
organizations have already been paid in USD from these
transactions to come and cover the 2015 elections in a
Tahrir square strategy.
“The aim of the opposition is to gather crowds in a
single location and beam pictures around the world
creating the impression that the whole country is in
chaos,” Mr. Princewill said.

Efforts to get the Rivers Information Commissioner,
Ibim Semenitari, to react to the allegations were
unsuccessful. She did not return calls and sms sent to
her at the time of publishing.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/173623-amaechi-sold-rivers-asset-fund-apc-buhari-tonye-princewill.html

Re: Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill by donmalcolm21(m): 3:45pm On Dec 22, 2014
Amaechi oooooo
Re: Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill by waleadex(m): 3:49pm On Dec 22, 2014
Enough of this Rivers distraction abeg. He sells everything in Rivers to sponsor APC? Don't make us feel those in the party are poor. Even the Tinubu we all know can sponsor APC alone if it's so true they lack funds.
Re: Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill by nigerianvenom(m): 4:16pm On Dec 22, 2014
Ameachi will experience ibori's experience after 2015 election

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill by Akainzo(m): 4:16pm On Dec 22, 2014
So likewise, why is he not saying GEJ is selling to fund PDP?
Re: Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill by jom28gy(m): 4:20pm On Dec 22, 2014
Sorry for that state.
Re: Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 22, 2014
This coming from Princewill!
Then, Amechi is worse than I ever imagined!

So much for "progresive-ism", and I have stated it clearly, I dont wanna be a "progressive"!
Re: Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill by chimerase2: 5:10pm On Dec 22, 2014
Bitter truth
Re: Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill by Adminisher: 5:44pm On Dec 22, 2014
AMAECHI JUST DENIED EVERYTHING AT THE APC RALLY.
Political quarell between friends gone haywire.
Re: Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill by Jesusloveyou: 5:47pm On Dec 22, 2014
That means gej must have sell nigeria to fund his re-election.sold us to dangote and co.dis is d main reason benin energy distribution coy charge me 25,000 naira in 2 months for 2 rooms,d previous months was 2,000 naira,after d complain,they said d owner can just wake up oneday and decide to charge me 100k a month because is fixed charge,that i can decide not to use their light again.when buhari take over,u will see this saTANiod no more again in 2015.
Re: Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill by fun4: 5:51pm On Dec 22, 2014
Jesusloveyou:
That means gej must have sell nigeria to fund his re-election.sold us to dangote and co.dis is d main reason benin energy distribution coy charge me 25,000 naira in 2 months for 2 rooms,d previous months was 2,000 naira,after d complain,they said d owner can just wake up oneday and decide to charge me 100k a month because is fixed charge,that i can decide not to use their light again.when buhari take over,u will see this saTANiod no more again in 2015.
Hmmm
Re: Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 22, 2014
And this is coming from a chronic womanizer.
Re: Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill by jamace(m): 12:21am On Dec 23, 2014
Amaechi is not wise!
Re: Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill by Zellie: 12:39am On Dec 23, 2014
HugeCock:
And this is coming from a chronic womanizer.
What does his personal life have to do with the topic. Why resort to ad hominem

I bet your c'ock is bigger than your brain sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill by Eziachi: 12:50am On Dec 23, 2014
$800 million? Wow! if this APC was a lady, she must be a very high maintainance lady to take care of or fund, as last week, Wike said it was 19 billion. grin grin grin
How is he, Princewill funding his own campaign/party?
If he was patient even after the 2011, he would had probably been the APC candidate in Rivers State this time, but his penchant for changing party like underwear is his undoing each election season.
Re: Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill by miqos02(m): 12:50am On Dec 23, 2014
naija politics funny die

Re: Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill by Nobody: 2:37am On Dec 23, 2014
Zellie:
What does his personal life have to do with the topic. Why resort to ad hominem

I bet your c'ock is bigger than your brain sad
at least i have a brain. do you?

Re: Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill by size38: 7:39am On Dec 23, 2014
Who is talking here? Tonye princewil? hahahahaahah the political "Agaracha" of Rivers state politics. I thought a serious Rivers politician is talking.
Re: Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill by Longstride: 7:53am On Dec 23, 2014
HugeCock:
at least i have a brain. do you?
better to have none than to have a còck brain grin
Re: Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 23, 2014
Longstride:

better to have none than to have a còck brain grin

Re: Amaechi Sold Rivers’ Asset To Fund APC, Buhari – Tonye Princewill by Longstride: 10:20am On Dec 23, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Omg ! Check Out The New Jonathan Noodles / Igbos Should Install Obi Of Lagos,Abuja And Kano / naijacamp . net official Is A Scam Please Do Not Fall A Victim Like Myself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.