Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,761 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:31 AM

Assistance On Seborrhoeic Dermatitis - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Assistance On Seborrhoeic Dermatitis (1094 Views)

Atopic Dermatitis / Atopic Dermatitis / Your Smartphone Can Give You Dermatitis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assistance On Seborrhoeic Dermatitis by megacool360(m): 5:16pm On Dec 22, 2014
Good day my good people of the Health section on Nairaland. Compliments of the season to y'all.

To the doctors, medical practitioners and anyone else who've got a clear and good knowledge on the about to be said issue, i'd gladly appreciate your inputs.

He (a male cousin of mine) seems to be in utter hate of himself at present. His face - especially the bridge and creases of his nose, beneath his lower lips, the moustache area and around his mouth region, the part between both eyes just a bit above the nose and some parts of his cheeks - all are really affected with this kinda skin decolouration (more like light orange colour; of course he is dark complexioned). It actually doesn't itch nor sting even a bit. He's had this issue for no less than two years now though the stuff does tend to disappear (not completely anyway) after sometime and re-appears anytime again. It seems worse during harmattan seasons. Of recent, he spoke with a doctor friend and after he was being interrogated by the doctor, he said he suspects SEBORRHOEIC DERMATITIS and asked him to try Vista plus (an anti-fungal, anti-bacterial) cream. The problem is that he's used this cream before and have used a few others like funbact-A or smtin like that, Aquasulf etc. to no much positive effect.

Plz who has any idea/knowledge of this thing called SEBORRHOEIC DERMATITIS and how it can be tackled. Your inputs and views will sure be highly appreciated.

HAPPY YULETIDE to y'all once more.
Re: Assistance On Seborrhoeic Dermatitis by dkdigits(m): 6:45pm On Dec 22, 2014
he should try using hacineal shampoo if he can lay his hands on it...wash the affected area with water, dont dry off the water and apply the shampoo. leave it on for aout 5-10mins. contineously for two weeks.there are other ketoconazole based shampoos and oitments, some xpensive and some not so much. The disease is very stubborn tho...he should try this and see how it goes
Re: Assistance On Seborrhoeic Dermatitis by megacool360(m): 7:56am On Dec 23, 2014
Thanks dkdigits. I appreciate your concern. Please are shampoos safe to be used on the face also? I've always thought they are for the head/hairs alone. Some offline advice from friends have also suggested stuffs like Selsun, Nizoral cream etc. Someone also advised he takes Itraconazole tablets. Plz do you or anyone else have an idea of the efficacy of these products? Thanks once more.
Re: Assistance On Seborrhoeic Dermatitis by Gigihealth: 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2016
Treatment for perioral dermatitis is determined based on the severity of your condition. Using of mild soaps and stopping the use of heavy skin creams and fluorinated toothpaste may also ease the symptoms in some people. Click on the link below to read more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/treatment-for-perioral-dermatitis-what-causes-perioral-dermatitis/

(1) (Reply)

Key Facts On Your Spinal Cord / The Best Honey / Benefits Of Eating Well While Dealing With Morning Sickness During Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.