Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Nairalander Discusses "Social Media & Politics" On Channels TV. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairalander Discusses "Social Media & Politics" On Channels TV. (11268 Views)

Nigerians React To Martin Onovo's Interview On Channels Today - Video / APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY / Rotimi Amaechi And Fani-Kayode On Politics Today On Channels TV. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander Discusses "Social Media & Politics" On Channels TV. by Chuksemi(m): 5:08pm On Dec 26, 2014
RebelLeader15:
Na wetin dey tire me for unna own be dis. We dey talk of Lagos, u dey mention sapele. Is Nigeria and USA the same?

Abeg go buy 1 bottle of common sense make u drink jaree
Nigeria May Not Be The Same With The U.S.A, But We Share The Same International Network(Internet). The Same Way You Are Able To Log On Nairaland Is The Same Way Somebody In The U.S Can. In Other Words We Also Share The Social Media. If You Are Objective, You'll Agree That Whatever Effect The Internet Has On The Average Educated User In The U.S It Is Likely To Have A Similar Effect On The Average Educated User Here.
Re: Nairalander Discusses "Social Media & Politics" On Channels TV. by Chuksemi(m): 5:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
duni04:

Yea I agree. Anthony Weiner comes to mind. But not in Nigeria though. How many people in Benue, Taraba or even Lagos can be swayed by what they read online about politicians? Very few IMO.
The New Guys To The World Of Politics Would Be Swayed, Yes. They May Be Few, Yes. Still It Is An Effect. I Certainly Understand Your View Now.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Discusses "Social Media & Politics" On Channels TV. by esere826: 6:09pm On Dec 26, 2014
@ nex

where did you get the statistics of "less than 10% of Nigerians are on social media" from?

Generally, I agree with your view about the influence of the social media folks on those around them
I think you should have used the phrase "social media evangelists" to better describe them.

,..nice interview

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Discusses "Social Media & Politics" On Channels TV. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 26, 2014
Nex

Less than 1% are connected to social media

So it won't have direct influence

But

It can have a huge indirect influence as various opinions influence diehard supporters in knowing how best to sell their candidates to the unconnected citizens
Re: Nairalander Discusses "Social Media & Politics" On Channels TV. by tk4rd: 7:47am On Dec 27, 2014
diluminati:
please stop these "i am a nairalander this and that", would you call yourself "i'm a facebooker"
Nairaland is for Nigeria.. Declaring that you are a Nairalander is like telling the world that you are proud of what is coming out of Nigeria.. Facebook may be global. That's credit to Mark. Nairaland is coming up too.. That's credit to Seun..
Re: Nairalander Discusses "Social Media & Politics" On Channels TV. by tk4rd: 7:49am On Dec 27, 2014
nex:
Fellow Nairalanders, please share your opinions on the topic O! Not whether I truly am a Nairalander or not. It's not even possible for me to share this here if I were not. Anyhow, do you think using Social Media to campaign for political office in Nigeria will hae any influence on the February 14th elections?
Why Not.?? The Anambra Guber Elections would be your perfect case study
Re: Nairalander Discusses "Social Media & Politics" On Channels TV. by nex(m): 3:57pm On Dec 31, 2014
Thank you for all your opinions, I believe the most popular view is that Social Media is growing geometrically as a tool in Political Campaigns in Nigeria, but it won't have a considerable effect on the 2015 elections. Well, I hope to run a Social media campaign for one of the politicians running for office in 2015, and I will publish the results we get.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidency Unveil ‘aso Villa Demo Day’ Youth Enterprise Initiative / Obasanjo Took Nigeria Out Of Debt But We Are Back In Debt - Aroms Aigbehi / Governor Bala Mohammed Slams Oshiomhole, Over Assembly Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.