Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,762 members, 7,820,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Oil Price Crisis, Xmas Season, Yet Prices Of Foodstuff Still Stable In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Price Crisis, Xmas Season, Yet Prices Of Foodstuff Still Stable In Nigeria. (646 Views)

Soldiers Conveying Foodstuff To Troops Ambushed By Boko Haram Men, 2 Killed / Could These Be Why Electricty Is Stable In Nigeria Now??? Photos / Shehu Sani Distributes N15 Million Camels, Foodstuff To His Constituents (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Price Crisis, Xmas Season, Yet Prices Of Foodstuff Still Stable In Nigeria. by publisher(m): 8:23pm On Dec 23, 2014
[size=13pt]In Russia, the Oil price drop has led to very serious inflation across board.

However, in Nigeria in spite of devaluation of the Naira, the price of goods and services have remained the same.
Inflation actually dropped in the month of November.

Is this not evidence that Nigeria's economy has made real advancement and that our food importation bill has actually dropped?

Before Goodluck Jonathan's administration. a very sharp drop in oil prices would have led to double digit inflation rates almost immediately.

Kudos to the GEJ and his economic team led by sisi Ngozi.

Wondering how Buhari would have handled this oil crisis? He'd probably call Osinbajo and Tinubu, and tell them to worry about it. God forbid.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Oil Price Crisis, Xmas Season, Yet Prices Of Foodstuff Still Stable In Nigeria. by Flets: 8:34pm On Dec 23, 2014
The APC dumbos hardly engage on issue based politics. The gallivant from thread to thread shouting Sai Bokoharam.

I will continue to to say, that no president ever have focused on policies of long term effect than GEJ. At the end of his second tenure.... hopefully the efforts so far would start yielding dividends across the agricultural, automobile, oil ans gas downstream, railway and other infrastructures, employment and education sectors.

Unfortunately, we are a nation of people seeking immediate gains without a plan for the future.

Anyway GEJ till we all buy some common sense

5 Likes

Re: Oil Price Crisis, Xmas Season, Yet Prices Of Foodstuff Still Stable In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 23, 2014
I don't think apshit noticed that..bunch of morons

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Crisis, Xmas Season, Yet Prices Of Foodstuff Still Stable In Nigeria. by publisher(m): 9:34pm On Dec 23, 2014
Mellin:
I don't think apshit noticed that..bunch of morons

They won't notice it, all they notice is when their military wing attacks innocent Nigerians. See the way their paid agents avoided this thread.

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Crisis, Xmas Season, Yet Prices Of Foodstuff Still Stable In Nigeria. by stanech: 10:22pm On Dec 23, 2014
the price of food is actually falling in Benin city
Re: Oil Price Crisis, Xmas Season, Yet Prices Of Foodstuff Still Stable In Nigeria. by RedEboe(m): 10:40pm On Dec 23, 2014
stanech:
the price of food is actually falling in Benin city

I've actually heard the same, so its true?
Re: Oil Price Crisis, Xmas Season, Yet Prices Of Foodstuff Still Stable In Nigeria. by stanech: 7:04am On Dec 24, 2014
RedEboe:

edEboe:

so true,,, a friend who went to the market to chop for christmas said that she expected the price of food to sky rocket due to the xmas wahala rather there was a sight reduction in prices

could this be signs of goodluck agricultural transformation agenda?
Re: Oil Price Crisis, Xmas Season, Yet Prices Of Foodstuff Still Stable In Nigeria. by IbokUtoroh(m): 7:14am On Dec 24, 2014
_u can attest this fact to the amiable leadership of his excellency PRESIDENT GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN.
THE Buhari followers wants us to believe all is not well, but they fail to realize that we have eyes, we travel, we hv light to tune in the radio n tv to listen n watch network news. gej me n my family n emphatically my state are behind u.
went to lagos n saw d massive road construction of lagos -ibadan express way. once finish traffic situation will be greatly improve. KEep doing the good work n dont ever relent cos we who r behind u are so so much than those who are against u.
God bless mr president
Re: Oil Price Crisis, Xmas Season, Yet Prices Of Foodstuff Still Stable In Nigeria. by smartcount003(m): 8:44am On Dec 24, 2014
RedEboe:

This is indeed true. I was shocked while buying some foodstuff yest'day on my way back from work. Prices of chicken and tomatoes were relatively low compared to what they were at this period last year. I think the drop in oil price has not really affected us domestically. And I also hope this trend is sustained.

(1) (Reply)

Ongoing Collection Of Permanent Voter's Card (pvc) / 2015 Elections: Jega Moves Against Commissioners / Patience Jonathan Faults Scrapping Of First Ladies’ Office December 29, 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.