Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

A Type Of Linux Hack That Affects Laptops - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / A Type Of Linux Hack That Affects Laptops (648 Views)

The Benefits And Advantages Of Linux Operating System / Relevance Of Linux In Nigeria / Virus That Affects Laptop Speakers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Type Of Linux Hack That Affects Laptops by mojeer678: 10:09pm On Dec 23, 2014
Now that the NSA has brought NK internet existence down and restored same after probably sowing future bo.oby traps in the whole infrastructure, this an example of a linux hack that affects laptops:

I have tested this many different ways before announcing this, and it is proven.

The hack is injected into the system via E-mails even when no links are clicked and runs as a separate program in Linux which evidently utilizes a back door (at least on AMD based systems.) The bug never records itself to the hard drive or any permanent storage, and instead depends upon ram to keep it alive. It survives re-boots which I thought was impossible but evidently it is possible.

This bug allows remote desktop access and administration as well as keylogging. If you run with this bug you will get ALL passwords stolen and they can perform edits to whatever you have open in an editor.

There is a glitch in this hack that makes it obvious and allows you to know when it is cleared.

In any web site which uses encryption you will not get the graphics and the web site drops to text only mode. If you hit a secure site such as PayPal, you can see if the bug is cleared if the graphics come in. If it drops to text, you are bugged. This has been verified many different ways, I know this report is accurate. When I get this bug, E-mails drop to zero because someone goes into the box with stolen log ins and permanently deletes them all and everything sent to Paypal either gets blocked or stolen outright. Someone is extremely persistent in sending it because I cannot go through E-mails even in text only mode even once (even without clicking ANY links) without getting nailed.

This is a new high level hack that does not follow any normal known exploit methods. Simply pulling in a graphics free text only E-mail will do it. And it may function if all you do is open the mail box (in this case with Roundcube) which should be absolutely safe but because I have not identified the exact infection method I do not know if even just having the mail title come in will do it.

Once it gets into the system it resides in ram for as long as the laptop is plugged in or the battery is inserted even through hard power offs, and in the case of the high capacity battery I have, it infected the processor inside the battery (many laptop batteries have their own CPU) where it resides forever because the battery always has power and if you draw the battery down to true zero to clear that CPU you destroy the battery.

To clear this bug:

Remove the battery from the laptop and have it completely unplugged from all power. After this, plug the laptop in and boot with only the power supply. Hard power off, unplug the power supply, put the battery back in and the bug is cleared. One time it took doing that to clear the bug, usually just pulling the battery out with it unplugged will do it.

This bug has destroyed one perfectly good high capacity battery I bought two years ago because no matter what I do, as soon as I plug that battery into the laptop the bug is back into the system. I do not know if the standard battery can get this bug or not, I only know the nice high capacity battery is destroyed, (it still delivers full power, but the system is bugged and things are really screwy on the desktop).

source: jimstone

(1) (Reply)

My Laptop Refused To Charge. Please Help!!! / I Need LCD Cable For HP Mini 110-1000 / Fairly Used Laptop For Sale Within PH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.