Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,824 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

What If Buhari Does Not Win ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If Buhari Does Not Win ? (5074 Views)

Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu / Buhari Does Not Know The Difference Between "Surname" And "Other Names" (pics) / Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 24, 2014
I have a nightmare situation , a terrible thought , a recipe for heart attack, the unthinkable ;

WHAT IF.... Buhari does not WIN ? Are we DOOMED ?

My own perception is this, if Buhari does not win, we are screwed and I mean big time.

- Corrupt politicians and elite will throw parties worth millions of dollars ( not even Naira )
- More fresh crooks will be lining up to join the government and rape the country even more.
- Boko Haram will get worse and all hell may even break lose.
- Our soldiers will continue to be insulted and ignored and under perform on the battle field.
- Our police will continue running away from armed robbers and killing civilians
- Education will get worse and our graduates may resort to desperate measures that will not be pleasant.
- Hospitals will further deteriorate
- More emigration by the best and most talented people including but not limited to doctors, engineers, IT experts etc.

Am I wrong , hallucinating or just MAD.

Help me here someone.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by PastorKun(m): 4:33pm On Dec 24, 2014
While I concede that gej govt has been disastrous, I still don't see your buhari as the Messiah except God just wants to use him. In my opinion buhari has very little to offer us as president.

21 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by obowunmi(m): 4:33pm On Dec 24, 2014
Buhari Will Not Win and nothing will happen.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 24, 2014
obowunmi:
Buhari Will Not Win and nothing will happen.

In other words let us continue with the same government and it's policies as BAU and further hurt this country ?

3 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by PastorKun(m): 4:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
frosbel:

In other words let us continue with the same government and it's policies as BAU and further hurt this country ?

You need to edit Buhari's name on the header.
Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by spartoo: 4:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
op hw do u know who is corrupt and who is not?
even if he wins how do u know he is going to perform better than GEJ?

tbh I don't trust him
I pray he doesn't win

6 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 24, 2014
PastorKun:
While I concede that gej govt has been disastrous, I still don't see your buhari as the Messiah except God just wants to use him. In my opinion buhari has very little to offer us as president.

PastorKun, I think you seriously underestimate Buhari, if he does win you will be very surprised.

1 Like

Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 24, 2014
@OP,It is Buhari not Burahi

1 Like

Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 24, 2014
PastorKun:

You need to edit Buhari's name on the header.

Thanks , done.

1 Like

Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 24, 2014
Bidam:
@OP,It is Buhari not Burahi

Yes I know, it was a typo.

Do you support him for 2015 ? I hope so......

1 Like

Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 24, 2014
spartoo:
op hw do u know who is corrupt and who is not?
even if he wins how do u know he is going to perform better than GEJ?

tbh I don't trust him
I pray he doesn't win

lol.

Mate, Nigeria is plagued with corruption from head toe and it is getting worse , we need change.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 24, 2014
frosbel:

Yes I know, it was a typo.

Do you support him for 2015 ? I hope so......
I don't support Buhari nor Jona.. But the manageable guy at the moment will be Jonathan. grin

12 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by ibson99(m): 4:50pm On Dec 24, 2014
PastorKun:
ya all doubting Thomas's let me remind you of something, in 2007 when Yar'adua came to power, Obasanjo has left the Niger/Delta in a state of great disrepair, militancy, kidnappings were at an all time high, oil production was below 700kbarrels/day. Today oil production is at 2mbarrels/day thanks to Yar'adua, he fixed Obasanjos mess in less than one year. The same thing is possible too now all that is needed is an upright leader, a visionary leader who will have zero tolerance for corruption. So yes Buhari is a messiah and he can fix this country in less than four years

4 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by menix(m): 4:51pm On Dec 24, 2014
frosbel:

PastorKun, I think you seriously underestimate Buhari, if he does win you will be very surprised.

Speaking as if u ve lived wiv Buhari all ur life tym.
Abii u studied 'looks' in france inorder to prove ur assertion.

Well if he loses he wuld try nxt tym(2019) wiv Cardinal Okogie...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 24, 2014
menix:

Speaking as if u ve lived wiv Buhari all ur life tym.
Abii u studied 'looks' in france inorder to prove ur assertion.

Well if he loses he wuld try nxt tym(2019) wiv Cardinal Okogie...

Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by jumobi1(m): 4:59pm On Dec 24, 2014
I hope neither win
Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by maestroferddi: 5:01pm On Dec 24, 2014
Is it not preposterous to assume that Buhari would be waving away all of Nigeria's problems with some magic wand?

The man's campaign is being built on a primordial/sentimental head of steam. He doesn't stand a chance because the bubble would soon burst.

Granted that a lot needs to be done but it has to be said that we are making gradual progress under Jonathan.

To me, one of the most enduring bequests Jonathan would be making to the entrenchment of democracy in Nigeria is granting of civil and press liberties. Nigerians have never been as expressive as they have been in the last couple of years owing to Jonathan's decision to desist from censorship of free speech.

If the current tempo is maintained, then it would be difficult for unscrupulous politicians to exploit the nuances present in the Nigerian polity to continue misgovernance.

Just like Obama pointed out, democracy is better undergirded by strong institutions.

We shall get there...

5 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by tomakint: 5:06pm On Dec 24, 2014
frosbel:

How? This is where I get confused with you folks (Buhari supporters)! Give me strong, convincing reasons how Buhari will fair better undecided the way you guys hype Buhari every now and then reminds me of Obama, now what is Obama rating among Americans now? Jonathan remains the best for now, I rest my case!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by menix(m): 5:07pm On Dec 24, 2014
frosbel:

No vex say am not in ya league...
Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 24, 2014
menix:

No vex say am not in ya league...

of course, you are below my league cool
Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by BrosPeter: 5:09pm On Dec 24, 2014
frosbel:
I have a nightmare situation , a terrible thought , a recipe for heart attack, the unthinkable ;

WHAT IF.... Buhari does not WIN ? Are we DOOMED ?

My own perception is this, if Buhari does not win, we are screwed and I mean big time.

- Corrupt politicians and elite will throw parties worth millions of dollars ( not even Naira )
- More fresh crooks will be lining up to join the government and rape the country even more.
- [size=16pt]Boko Haram will get worse and all hell may even break lose.[/size]
- Our soldiers will continue to be insulted and ignored and under perform on the battle field.
- Our police will continue running away from armed robbers and killing civilians
- Education will get worse and our graduates may resort to desperate measures that will not be pleasant.
- Hospitals will further deteriorate
- More emigration by the best and most talented people including but not limited to doctors, engineers, IT experts etc.

Are you insinuating Buhari is behind bokoharam? Seems you're voting Buhari to please bokoharam and that means bokoharam have succeeded in foisting Buhari on us. Therefore a vote for Buhari is a vote for bokoharam.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by menix(m): 5:12pm On Dec 24, 2014
frosbel:

of course, you are below my league cool

Wow.. Wonderin watz below "Loser's League", pls do hint mii..
Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 24, 2014
tomakint:

How? This is where I get confused with you folks (Buhari supporters)! Give me strong, convincing reasons how Buhari will fair better undecided the way you guys hype Buhari every now and then reminds me of Obama, now what is Obama rating among Americans now? Jonathan remains the best for now, I rest my case!

I have been to Nigeria about 4 times in the past 4 years and each year seems to get worse on an astronomical scale.

No security, Boko Haram have never had it so good, increasing food prices , both politicians and religious leaders scamming and exploiting the poor, electricity is a joke. Things were far better 20 years ago. The list is endless.

We need change and at least Buhari will start from the eradication of corruption which is the bane of our problems. Removing corruption means the right people will get the right jobs and make the right change.

Hope this helps.

Note : I initially supported Fasola, not sure why he refused to run for office.

1 Like

Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by BrosPeter: 5:13pm On Dec 24, 2014
ibson99:
ya all doubting Thomas's let me remind you of something, in 2007 when Yar'adua came to power, Obasanjo has left the Niger/Delta in a state of great disrepair, militancy, kidnappings were at an all time high, oil production was below 700kbarrels/day. Today oil production is at 2mbarrels/day thanks to Yar'adua, he fixed Obasanjos mess in less than one year. The same thing is possible too now all that is needed is an upright leader, a visionary leader who will have zero tolerance for corruption. So yes Buhari is a messiah and he can fix this country in less than four years
please can you tell us how he can fix the country? what magic wand does buhari possess that he can solve all the problems that has been with us since independence?

3 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 24, 2014
BrosPeter:

Are you insinuating Buhari is behind bokoharam? Seems you're voting Buhari to please bokoharam and that means bokoharam have succeeded in foisting Buhari on us. Therefore a vote for Buhari is a vote for bokoharam.

No, Buhari is the solution to Boko Haram. He knows what needs to be done to lift up the morale and efficiency of our military, especially by weeding out the bad eggs and increase investment in state of the art equipment.
Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 24, 2014
menix:

Wow.. Wonderin watz below "Loser's League", pls do hint mii..

mumu league !

by the way , my league is up their in the sky, yours is below the ground, we cannot meet intellectually grin
Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 24, 2014
Begging for our votes now,our we? I don't care if he win or looses,he is not different from GEJ. I've said it many times and I'll continue to say it 'Nigeria need revolution',not old creaking bones of leaders,recycled products with old ideas who takes one step forward and retraces their step twice. That's is not progress. I don't give a damn about Buhari and...to a lesser extent Gej.

4 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by menix(m): 5:25pm On Dec 24, 2014
frosbel:

mumu league !

by the way , my league is up their in the sky, yours is below the ground, we cannot meet intellectually grin

Mumu league nd loserz league wat d diff.
Abi Intellectually mumu league members re now classified Loser's league, which u ve a green card @....
Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by winnieG1(m): 5:31pm On Dec 24, 2014
[size=15pt]tiger and lion will be soaked in blood[/size]
Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 24, 2014
You make it seem like Buhari is a saint

2 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by bondingman: 5:52pm On Dec 24, 2014
ibson99:
Buhari can only fix d bokoharam debacle to the extent that he's involved,but d Niger delta insurgency will pop its ugly head n oil production will drop to what we had in obj's time, buhari being who he is will try to cut govt expenditure by mass retrenchment of federal workers increasing d unemployment rate. That old man has nothing to offer this country, he'll just perform worst than he did when he was military president; n then he really did perform badly.

2 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Does Not Win ? by obowunmi(m): 6:17pm On Dec 24, 2014
frosbel:

Is corruption only with Jonathan?

What about corrupt states? What about the people? Are you stating that ordinary citizens have no say in also being held accountable to the development of the nation? Ordinary citizens who don't like to follow rules...

I know lots of these twitter activists who are just as corrupt as Jonathan. They have no values or morals. They themselves don't want to be held accountable. My rant is to say, this is not a Jonathan issue. Nigeria problem is systemic.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja Vs Hong Kong In Pictures. 7up The Diff Is Clear / Breaking! Nigerians Voted On Igbo Presidency In 2019. See Result / Tackle Insecurity By Providing Basic Necessities, Udom Tasks Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.