Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,108 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation (8894 Views)

Doyin Okupe Blasts Critics Of Femi Adesina’s ‘wailing Wailers’ Christmas Message / President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text / President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by LMAyedun(m): 6:14pm On Dec 24, 2014
I greet and felicitate with you all once again as we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

I join all of our Christian compatriots in giving thanks to God Almighty for the divine gift of Jesus Christ the Messiah whose earthly incarnation we commemorate today.

As we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ who the Prophet Isaiah heralded as the Prince of Peace and Wonderful Counselor, I believe it is very appropriate that we all, Christians and non-Christians alike, reflect more deeply on the virtues and ideals which the Messiah espoused during his earthly mission.

To my mind, there can be no doubt that the greater internalization of the virtues of love for our fellowmen, tolerance, Godliness, honesty, fairness to others, selflessness, and peaceful co-existence with others, by all adult Nigerians, and the inculcation of the same in our youth, will definitely help our dear nation to overcome most of its present challenges.

Peace and love for others, especially, were a constant refrain in the Messiah’s teachings and admonitions to mankind.

Therefore, as we celebrate his birth, I urge all Nigerians to offer special prayers for a greater manifestation of divine peace in our country and the vanquishing of all demons of hatred, divisiveness and disunity in our midst.

As we celebrate Christmas, let us also remember and offer special prayers for all of our countrymen, women and children who have suffered and continue to suffer untold hardship, deprivation and death at the hands of terrorists and insurgents.

Let us also continue to pray for our gallant soldiers and security agents who remain at the forefront of the national effort to overcome terrorism and violent extremism, even as the rest of the nation celebrates Christmas and the coming New Year.

In this season of goodwill, I urge all patriotic Nigerians to rededicate themselves to doing all within their powers to support the brave men and women of our armed forces in the ongoing war against terrorism, and also support the Federal Government’s efforts to provide more succour to the hapless victims of terrorist atrocities.

The Victims’ Support Fund which we have established to raise additional funds to assist our compatriots who have been adversely affected by continuing insecurity in parts of our country remains active.

I call on all individuals and corporate organisations who have not yet done so, to donate more generously to the Fund which is being efficaciously deployed to ease the sufferings of victims of terrorist violence in the country.

Dear Compatriots, we are also celebrating this Christmas against the background of preparations for next year’s general elections.

I seize this opportunity to reassure the nation that my administration will give the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) all necessary support to ensure that it delivers very free, fair, credible and acceptable elections in 2015.

National security agencies will also be given all necessary support to enhance their ability to ensure that the elections which should strengthen democracy in our country are peaceful and violence free.

I urge our political class to be law- abiding and place the greater interests of our nation above all personal or sectional interests in the countdown to the elections.

Let us all be more statesman-like, conduct issues-based campaigns, and eschew the promotion of falsehood, division and hatred of others as we seek the votes of our countrymen in what should be a peaceful competition among contending points of view for the progress and development of our dear nation.

I remain convinced that God Almighty is still with us as a nation even in the midst of our current challenges which we shall surely overcome with greater unity of purpose, dedication, commitment and perseverance.

Let this year’s celebration of the birth of Christ the Messiah rekindle, strengthen and reaffirm our faith in our national ability to overcome all challenges, with God on our side.

I wish you all very happy Christmas celebrations.

http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/24/full-text-president-jonathans-christmas-message-nation/

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by IKJ66(m): 6:21pm On Dec 24, 2014
IKJ6:6~ in all ur votings,never vote GEJ ........................................................ GMB 2015

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by omanifrank(m): 6:21pm On Dec 24, 2014
ok na

shey that will put more traffic to my blog or make some people afford chicken for 2marows celebration
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by ICHINONYE(m): 6:21pm On Dec 24, 2014
This country I don't just understand wats goin on,in al make I 4get d Wahala up n dier n Wish al my pple here A merry Xmas n a Belated New year in Advance, am more concern about what's going on in my state now,please do not Vote in the TA.Orji stool MR Ikpeazu, he haz noting to offer us.

Abia neds change thanks

9 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by temitemi1(m): 6:21pm On Dec 24, 2014
Nigerians wishes u happy xmas sir n may this Xmas marks the end of apc in our land... GEJ till 2019!!!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by Femi2Ranking(m): 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2014
Okay was expecting it tho...
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by atikubaba(m): 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2014
OK
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by Eyop: 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2014
[s]
IKJ66:
IKJ6:6~ in all ur votings,never vote GEJ ........................................................ GMB 2015 [/s]

In your dreams

6 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by MuguliciousMUGU: 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2014
The best president have spoken

Long Live Jonathan...

Gej till 2019...

Any another president is a counterfeit.

28 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by donphilopus: 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2014
I wanna use this medium to wish my able President a merry Xmas and a prosperous New Year in advance. However, he should have it in mind that this would be his last Presidential Christmas Message. By this time next year, we shall surely be reading a Presidential Christmas Message from President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2014
Ok

NEXT!!!

Meanwhile,this will be your last presidential christmas message to Nigerians.

29 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by ERODEDEAST(f): 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2014
DONT VOTE BOKO. HARI PLS BE WARNED

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by SeverusSnape(m): 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2014
THANK YOU SIR...I wish you and your family merry Christmas, I wish all NAIRALANDERS merry Christmas. I LOVE YOU ALL
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2014
Ok. The North is Bloody cos of Gej drunkeness, blame everytin on GEJ. Vote GMB, VOTE CHANGE.

11 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by freshness2020: 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2014
If no be GEJ it can never be GMB!
He is no match near his excellency (GEJ)
.. GEJ 2015!, screw ♈όϋrselves ♈όϋ haters!!

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by coolhamid(m): 6:24pm On Dec 24, 2014
Thank you Mr President, all we need from you next year is to ensure free and fair election...

Vote GMB/OSIBANJO 2015

16 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by bennygreat1(m): 6:24pm On Dec 24, 2014
Thank You Sir.

Main-while... I'm Wishing You Same...

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by omanifrank(m): 6:24pm On Dec 24, 2014
ajibolabd:
Ok. The North is Bloody cos of Gej drunkeness, blame everytin on GEJ. Vote GMB, VOTE CHANGE.
i sorry for you oh....

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by IKJ66(m): 6:24pm On Dec 24, 2014
Eyop:
[s]

In your dreams
.....................I never knew u were here,no vex !!!!!
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by ibscrib: 6:24pm On Dec 24, 2014
last Christmas wish as the presido of the nation

#GMB2015

6 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 24, 2014
Episode
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by deeptechcool(m): 6:24pm On Dec 24, 2014
Clueless' Presido a.k.a. Mr stealing is not corruption, Start packing your garbages in Aso Rock because ,this w be your last Xmas message to nigerians as the ball less president of Nigeria.
Team #Change.

6 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by hensben(m): 6:25pm On Dec 24, 2014
*Thinking what will make me vote GEJ*...

Ooops! my vote doesnt count.....*Rigging things*

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by sufido123: 6:25pm On Dec 24, 2014
vote GEJ and continue with Goodluck

6 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by orobs93(m): 6:25pm On Dec 24, 2014
TAH!!!

3 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by Beehshorp(m): 6:25pm On Dec 24, 2014
We wish u a happy Xmas a prosperous new year and success in the forthcoming elections coupled with a successful reign... Mr president
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by oziegbe2015: 6:26pm On Dec 24, 2014
This speech is what is refered to as SPEECH OF THE LAST SUPER b4 jail only that its more pathetic and sorrowful. utilmately 'jesus of otuoke is about to fulfill his purpose in life just like the real Jesus, but otoke jesus isnt going to gasemelem to be betrayed by sam obo but the dude is going straight to JAIL
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by mrphysics(m): 6:26pm On Dec 24, 2014
can't make change my mind. i will not vote for him. i voted for him in 2011 nd he disappointed me, bt now my vote is for GMB

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by Akshow: 6:27pm On Dec 24, 2014
#yawns#
I've vowed never to waste my time reading any trashy lies from d otuoke baboon

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Christmas Message To The Nation by MuguliciousMUGU: 6:27pm On Dec 24, 2014
berem:
Ok

NEXT!!!

Meanwhile,this will be your last presidential christmas message to Nigerians.
yes, and he would resume as a new and better president till 2019, just tell buhari to buy lots of handkerchief for the crying day ahead and he should also prepare to take more crying selfies

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? / Supporters Hospitalised As Kwara APC Factions Clash / President Tinubu Mourns Former NNPC GMD Dr Thomas John

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.